Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,023 members, 7,835,468 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki (67572 Views)

How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) / Mecca, Washington DC And Some No-fly Zones In The World. / These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by zolapower: 3:01pm On Jul 09, 2019
Treasure17:
Flood is not limited to Nigeria after all.
Yes yiu are very correct ,but the difference is that there's is caused by natural disasters and ours is caused by human disaster grin
Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by timesup234: 3:10pm On Jul 09, 2019
ccffwx:
My God! See how dirty Lagos is. Later, these cowards would be screaming SE. Lying hypocrites.
calm down. America is also dirty, as in very dirty
Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by planetx: 3:56pm On Jul 09, 2019
sizer07:

I can bet with my ball that this last pics is not Washington. Na naija why cuz Washington don't have nepa wires hang up on a pols like that. First 3 pics conferm. Hmmmmm, nkan n quack report are like 5n6
You are silly and ignorant, of course Washington DC have overhead wire for electricity just like every other American cities.

1 Like

Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by brightleave(m): 4:51pm On Jul 09, 2019
Optional09:
did you know the weather in USA or are you mad comparing USA to that stupid country called Nigeria? I received more than 20 flooding alert 3 days before the flooding.

It’s called flash flooding as you stated it doesn’t last an hour may be
but na still flooding na

Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by kroger: 6:34pm On Jul 09, 2019
timesup234:
Young man deal with it- America is a shiithole

Look at ur shit hole.. mad people like u live here.

Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by timesup234: 6:44pm On Jul 09, 2019
kroger:

Look at ur shit hole.. mad people like u live here.
This is paradise compare to Shitcago
Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by kroger: 7:25pm On Jul 09, 2019
timesup234:
This is paradise compare to Shitcago
Chai this is how poverty has sworn never to make u see anything good.. oops I even forgot you are bricklayer grin
Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by opebiboy: 7:36pm On Jul 09, 2019
Airoflaw:
so you are back here
where i first go?
Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by osashilton: 9:12pm On Jul 09, 2019
Chei! See as flood sweet to enter �‍♂️
kolaaderin:
Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki. This Is Washington DC USA Flood

A dangerous flash flood emergency hit the streets of Washington D.C. during the Monday morning commute.

With three to four inches of heavy rain falling in a short amount of time, the National Weather Service said the area saw significant flash flooding.

The rain left drivers stranded on top of their cars and some metro commuters with water streaming into the station.

"Travel will be EXTRAORDINARILY dangerous," the National Weather Service warned on Twitter. "Stay out of low areas, if in a low area that may flood, seek higher ground. Stay off the roads if at all possible. This is not the 'usual' flooding."
The rain flooded the main power vault at D.C.'s National Archives, closing the building. The National Archives is home to the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights; all those documents are safe, the National Archives and Records Administration said.

The downpour even appears to have affected the White House basement.
D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser urged drivers to stay off the roads.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/severe-storms-expected-rockies-midwest-102503563--abc-news-topstories.html
Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by olumig(m): 8:22am On Jul 10, 2019
timesup234:
calm down. America is also dirty, as in very dirty
True

1 Like

Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by olumig(m): 8:25am On Jul 10, 2019
planetx:
You are silly and ignorant, of course Washington DC have overhead wire for electricity just like every other American cities.
Sir, a better answer would have been "Of course Dc has overhead wire for electricity..." no need for offensive words bro.
Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by Airoflaw(m): 12:26pm On Jul 10, 2019
CarGuideNG:

The advantage of our service is that you do not need the seller to give you the report.

All you need is the 17 digit VIN or Chassis Number of the vehicle. Most sellers would be happy to give it to you. If the seller refuses to, that is already a negative sign.

Once you have the number, send it to CarGuideNG

Contact details in signature.

that's good
Re: This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki by opebiboy: 1:08pm On Jul 10, 2019
olumig:
Sir, a better answer would have been "Of course Dc has overhead wire for electricity..." no need for offensive words bro.
since we all want to be mad if anybody insult make sure you insult them back

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Carverton Helicopters' Premises Sealed Off In Port Harcourt (Photo) / Where The Original Indigenes Of Abuja Now Live (pics, Video) / I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.