Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend (23316 Views)

I Want To Report My Mum To Human Rights For Child Abuse / Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody / Impending Child Custody Battle: Baby Mama Preventing Access To My Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by Prettiepearlz(f): 8:21am On Jul 12, 2019
Firebrand1:
angry op please back off from this matter, so that u will not be hit n d crossfire, d akhator family are still grieving over the death of their son. I am privy to some of d grievances the late husband family has against d wife. op please don't try to paint the man's family bad because of your selfish interest. When you read those rhetoric of a tribute at d funeral we all tot u were a good friend, never knew u were just a snitch. Adviser Nowamangbe back off plz
So all these gibberish you wrote up there is a reason to deny a widow access to her child? abi na you born the pikin? Then you come up here with rubbish saying the family has something against the wife, That's what usually end the whole show, families always have something against the late member's wife. If you people don't give her back her child, you will all face worse, and you will all be arrested for kidnapping, social media will see to that. Horrible creatures! and if its found out that the family is using the child as a form of extortion, you will all go to jail.

9 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by delishpot: 9:28am On Jul 12, 2019
I know of a guy that died leaving a valuable property behind. His family did not want to see wife or his kids, his brother was trying to marry the widow (The custom of inheriting ones brothers widow) she did not agree and they started saying she killed their brother cos she gave birth to too many kids (5intotal in 35yrs of marriage) for their brother. They said they are sure her giving birth to 5 caused their brother to have HBP in other words she killed him indirectly so they rejected her and the kids who are grown up by the way. Liver no reach them to near the property sha cos there are 3 boys to fight for mom. grin grin
When family does such shit its cos they are looking to give a goid dog a bad name so that they will hang it

3 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by Prettiepearlz(f): 9:47am On Jul 12, 2019
SyNnadi:
this the in-laws are aware of that's y they never wanted her to see the child . I also learnt they are using the child to get financial support from his friends and colleagues.
Can you imagine? This is absolutely wrong.

1 Like

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by Graduateacher(f): 9:58am On Jul 12, 2019
delishpot:
I know of a guy that died leaving a valuable property behind. His family did not want to see wife or his kids, his brother was trying to marry the widow (The custom of inheriting ones brothers widow) she did not agree and they started saying she killed their brother cos she gave birth to too many kids (5intotal in 35yrs of marriage) for their brother. They said they are sure her giving birth to 5 caused their brother to have HBP in other words she killed him indirectly so they rejected her and the kids who are grown up by the way. Liver no reach them to near the property sha cos there are 3 boys to fight for mom. grin grin
When family does such shit its cos they are looking to give a goid dog a bad name so that they will hang it

If they decide to go diabolical will those three boys withstand it? I'm only trying to make you see that the family in question is not so bad as you're painting it. There are many people who have lost their lives to extended families when they contest for properties or land, you've not seen anything I'm sure. Keep yourselves safe, any family that doesn't use diabolical powers is still cool.

My friend is holding the keys to her family mansion, it was with her brother before he suddenly slummed and died, a young and healthy guy. Their uncle who's a suspect has all seven kids alive meanwhile in my friend's family they were four but now two.

1 Like

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by delishpot: 10:04am On Jul 12, 2019
Graduateacher:

If they decide to go diabolical will those three boys withstand it? I'm only trying to make you see that the family in question is not so bad as you're painting it. There are many people who have lost their lives to extended families when they contest for properties or land, you've not seen anything I'm sure. Keep yourselves safe, any family that doesn't use diabolical powers is still cool.

They did go. They even brought one babalawo home for the wife to swear she did not use jaz on their brother while he was alive but sick. They took him to a herbalist house that was where he died. And they did not come back to tell the wife and kids. But his son went with the dad to take care of him. That was where the family found out that the uncle refused medical treatment when the man needed anti tetanus injection. O boy, n along story o. The wife is dead now.
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by SyNnadi(m): 11:48am On Jul 12, 2019
Firebrand1:

U need to have d time Gabriel, just be fair in the narrative, ur story is misleading and lopsided. shocked
can u pls give us the actual story?

2 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by deltateam: 4:22pm On Jul 13, 2019
Firebrand1:
angry op plz back off from this matter, so dat u will not be hit n d crossfire, d akhator family are still grieving over the death of their son. I am privy to some of d grievances the late husband family has against d wife. op plz don't try to paint the man's family bad becos of ur selfish interest. Wen u read those rhetorics of a tribute at d funeral we all tot u were a good friend, never knew u were just a snitch. Adviser Nowamangbe back off plz

What selfish interest? Will you release that baby to her mother you brood of vipers. Nonsense.

The commissioner of police should be involved into this matter. This is a kidnapping syndicate.

3 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by phineas: 11:00pm On Jul 15, 2019
Does anyone have an update on this story?

Is the child with her mother or not. Does FIDA know about this?
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by SyNnadi(m): 2:09pm On Jul 16, 2019
And now.the wife is been threatened heavily to drop the matter. The in-laws are fighting back to making sure she doesn't get back her child. Dear friends your help is highly needed. Let's help this innocent young widow to get the justice she deserves. You can join make it louder by going so on twitter tagging @vera_ogbebor (the widow's I'd)
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by SyNnadi(m): 2:11pm On Jul 16, 2019
phineas:
Does anyone have an update on this story?

not yet. The child is still with the Akhators
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by SyNnadi(m): 2:27pm On Jul 16, 2019
deltateam:

What selfish interest? Will you release that baby to her mother you brood of vipers. Nonsense.

The commissioner of police should be involved into this matter. This is a kidnapping syndicate.
[quote author=phineas post=80305609]Does anyone have an update on this story?

[/quot They are going about telling the husbands friend that they are holding the baby till when she recovers fully. Where and when did they hold a meeting agreeing on such terms? They also said the wife's mother cannot take care of the child. How they came up with that is fearly.

1 Like

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by Graduateacher(f): 8:22pm On Jul 16, 2019
SyNnadi:

Where are they based?
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by SyNnadi(m): 8:26pm On Jul 16, 2019
Graduateacher:

Where are they based?
benin city
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by Graduateacher(f): 9:49pm On Jul 16, 2019
SyNnadi:
benin city

Ok, would have said more if they are based in Lagos. For now, she needs a lawyer or if they have a mediation court over there she should file a case as soon as possible

2 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by phineas: 7:59am On Jul 17, 2019
SyNnadi:

Thank you for the update.

I understand Nigerian women are slow to go to court when their rights are infringed as a result of family matters. Something about the future. However the courts of public opinion can drive the process. A criminal case can also be instituted by the state and not her to serve as precendent.

If the man's family believe they have done nothing wrong truly then they have nothing to worry about

If she has any friends, A good friend of hers needs to do the following annonymously and quickly please.

1.Collate basic information and pictures on the matter..the woman's picture the child the individual that actually abducted the child. Key persons in the family, The timeline of the matter. The name of the families, progress till date. Etc

2.send a detailed email to Linda ikeji on this matter with the facts above copying this nairaland thread in the mentions

3.find one or 2 journalist friend send to them as well to share with their links

4.Start a new twitter handle anonymously with the background information and for updates on the matter. Cc Linda. Tontedike. Segalinks. Omojuwa. Abikedabiri. Banks wife.. Daddy freeze. FIDA. Aisha Buhari. Yomi shogunle. Aisha yesufu. Obi ezekwelisi. Can't think of others now

Inform this thread of that twitter handle. this is very important please.I can assure you the right influencers will take it from there

4 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by phineas: 8:50am On Jul 17, 2019
SyNnadi:
And now.the wife is been threatened heavily to drop the matter. The in-laws are fighting back to making sure she doesn't get back her child. Dear friends your help is highly needed. Let's help this innocent young widow to get the justice she deserves. You can join make it louder by going so on twitter tagging @vera_ogbebor (the widow's I'd)

Apologies I just saw this. Will do the needful.

Please refer to myself last thread on this. Copy all the persons I mentioned. Send the emails out.

1 Like

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by phineas: 8:55am On Jul 17, 2019
SyNnadi:

Cc Naptu cc Seun cc lalalistica

Righteousness exalts a nation and we all have our part to play in ensuring no one is oppressed

Justice is speaking up for the oppressed the widows and the orphans and those who cannot speak for themselves. I cannot think of a more worthy cause for you to champion on your homepage.the way the Regina matter and it's updates was promoted. Seun Osewa you may want to look through this thread and make a decision

We also need a thread on nairaland homepage rallying support for this woman on nairaland and twitter

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by phineas: 9:18am On Jul 17, 2019
SyNnadi:

There needs to be a new page titled support for Vera. It should follow the steps I highlighted in the post above. It needs pictures. Names and dates. It should copy the whole world.

2 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by SyNnadi(m): 2:03pm On Jul 17, 2019
phineas:

I understand Nigerian women are slow to go to court when their rights are infringed as a result of family matters. Something about the future. However the courts of public opinion can drive the process. A criminal case can also be instituted by the state and not her to serve as precendent.

If the man's family believe they have done nothing wrong truly then they have nothing to worry about

If she has any friends, A good friend of hers needs to do the following annonymously and quickly please.

1.Collate basic information and pictures on the matter..the woman's picture the child the individual that actually abducted the child. Key persons in the family, The timeline of the matter. The name of the families, progress till date. Etc

2.send a detailed email to Linda ikeji on this matter with the facts above copying this nairaland thread in the mentions

3.find one or 2 journalist friend send to them as well to share with their links

4.Start a new twitter handle anonymously with the background information and for updates on the matter. Cc Linda. Tontedike. Segalinks. Omojuwa. Abikedabiri. Banks wife.. Daddy freeze. FIDA. Aisha Buhari. Yomi shogunle. Aisha yesufu. Obi ezekwelisi. Can't think of others now

Inform this thread of that twitter handle. this is very important please.I can assure you the right influencers will take it from there

all necessary steps followed
U can follow up again @vera_ogbebor

Thanks.
We look forward to getting positive results with God on our sides

1 Like

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by SyNnadi(m): 2:08pm On Jul 17, 2019
phineas:

I have reviewed the page. It's not good enough. It has only 2 tweets on this matter. They give no background. They identify no problem.

There needs to be a new page titled support for Vera. It should follow the steps I highlighted in the post above. It needs pictures. Names and dates. It should copy the whole world. Copy CNN too

Then tell us that handle
UPDATE FROM THE WIFE:
On the 15th of DEC 2018 I and my husband was involved in a motor car accident along kwale asaba road that left us with fractures ( I broke both of my tights a d my right arm while he broke just a thigh) .admitted at a hospital at kwale n discharged to go to benin to receive treatment from a traditional bone healer two days later he passed on after an injection was administered to him by his younger sister joy akhator Lawrence ( the injection was prepared for both of us but he was administered first). He was immediately rushed to a near by medical center where it was ascertained that he died because of the high dosage of d injection she(joy akhator Lawrence) said was a pain killer. His death by this time was not made known to me till few weeks later when I received a call from my landlord in Lagos saying she's sorry for my loss and that my sister in-law(loveth akhator) called her to tell her of the ordeal and also requested that access been given to her(loveth akhator) to pack my belongings in the apartment since my husband ( Emmanuel akhator) his brother was late. That she wanted to know weather its with my consent. That was where d battle started officially......
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by SyNnadi(m): 2:09pm On Jul 17, 2019
SyNnadi:
UPDATE FROM THE WIFE:
On the 15th of DEC 2018 I and my husband was involved in a motor car accident along kwale asaba road that left us with fractures ( I broke both of my tights a d my right arm while he broke just a thigh) .admitted at a hospital at kwale n discharged to go to benin to receive treatment from a traditional bone healer two days later he passed on after an injection was administered to him by his younger sister joy akhator Lawrence ( the injection was prepared for both of us but he was administered first). He was immediately rushed to a near by medical center where it was ascertained that he died because of the high dosage of d injection she(joy akhator Lawrence) said was a pain killer. His death by this time was not made known to me till few weeks later when I received a call from my landlord in Lagos saying she's sorry for my loss and that my sister in-law(loveth akhator) called her to tell her of the ordeal and also requested that access been given to her(loveth akhator) to pack my belongings in the apartment since my husband ( Emmanuel akhator) his brother was late. That she wanted to know weather its with my consent. That was where d battle started officially......
They never paid any visits to me or asked after my well being or asked how we r going about the surgeries I had to later go through ( because it got to a point I could no longer take the pains when the traditional bone man was treating me). Instead they went straight to my husband's office in sapele delta state to inform them of his demise and further demanded for what was due to him from the company. They even went on telling his friends and colleagues that am perfectly fine when they ask of my wellbeing not until d day of his funeral (January 12th,2019) when I was not seen on the ground. Then they stated asking many questions till they finally were able to get someone (a friend of mine) that showed them the hospital I was admitted Into......
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by SyNnadi(m): 2:10pm On Jul 17, 2019
SyNnadi:
They never paid any visits to me or asked after my well being or asked how we r going about the surgeries I had to later go through ( because it got to a point I could no longer take the pains when the traditional bone man was treating me). Instead they went straight to my husband's office in sapele delta state to inform them of his demise and further demanded for what was due to him from the company. They even went on telling his friends and colleagues that am perfectly fine when they ask of my wellbeing not until d day of his funeral (January 12th,2019) when I was not seen on the ground. Then they stated asking many questions till they finally were able to get someone (a friend of mine) that showed them the hospital I was admitted Into......
MeanWhile they have been getting financial support from his office n friends without my knowledge.......

On getting to the hospital his colleagues were shocked at the condition they found me it was then they now told me of the statement made by my in-laws stating I was fine...... That it was my absence at d funeral ground them insisted on seeing me.....All efforts for his friends to meet with me were thwarted by my in-laws since they were the ones they always go through
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by SyNnadi(m): 2:10pm On Jul 17, 2019
SyNnadi:
MeanWhile they have been getting financial support from his office n friends without my knowledge.......

On getting to the hospital his colleagues were shocked at the condition they found me it was then they now told me of the statement made by my in-laws stating I was fine...... That it was my absence at d funeral ground them insisted on seeing me.....All efforts for his friends to meet with me were thwarted by my in-laws since they were the ones they always go through
.....d night before the funeral my siblings had called me from home ( I was still in the hospital) that my late husband's elder brother (Osazee akhator) and some of their relatives came to our hose to demand for my baby (Success Osose akhator) but they said its late that she will b present in the morning for the funeral but my inlaws said no that they must take her that night and was threatening to drop the corpse of my late husband in my fathers compound. After all the shoits here and there from both families they left that night without my baby...on the funeral day, right from the mortuary that was wen the fight for baby success started till date. According to witnesses around. Success was forcefully taken from my siblings and that was d end.....

1 Like

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by SyNnadi(m): 2:11pm On Jul 17, 2019
SyNnadi:
.....d night before the funeral my siblings had called me from home ( I was still in the hospital) that my late husband's elder brother (Osazee akhator) and some of their relatives came to our hose to demand for my baby (Success Osose akhator) but they said its late that she will b present in the morning for the funeral but my inlaws said no that they must take her that night and was threatening to drop the corpse of my late husband in my fathers compound. After all the shoits here and there from both families they left that night without my baby...on the funeral day, right from the mortuary that was wen the fight for baby success started till date. According to witnesses around. Success was forcefully taken from my siblings and that was d end.....
Few weeks later I demanded to see my baby at the hospital and asked my younger sister to help me go to my in-laws house (which was not far from the hospital I was) to help bring her for me to at less see but she came back saying the elder sister (loveth akhator) told her that I don't have business with success that success is now their property.....Several meetings have been held by both families in their house but it all proved abortive
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by SyNnadi(m): 2:13pm On Jul 17, 2019
SyNnadi:
Few weeks later I demanded to see my baby at the hospital and asked my younger sister to help me go to my in-laws house (which was not far from the hospital I was) to help bring her for me to at less see but she came back saying the elder sister (loveth akhator) told her that I don't have business with success that success is now their property.....Several meetings have been held by both families in their house but it all proved abortive
They became more angry wen they found out that my husband had no entitlement from his company after calling d company 3months after his burial........ Since he wasn't up to a year yet he was not added to d company's policy........ This I think made them hold on to my baby from the beginning thinking she was his next of kin�
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by SyNnadi(m): 2:13pm On Jul 17, 2019
SyNnadi:
They became more angry wen they found out that my husband had no entitlement from his company after calling d company 3months after his burial........ Since he wasn't up to a year yet he was not added to d company's policy........ This I think made them hold on to my baby from the beginning thinking she was his next of kin�
They demanded all sort of things and called me all sorts of names . went as far as tarnishing my image n levying all sort of false allegation on me..

With all these I wasn't moved so they decided to permanently hold on to my child .

Those that later showed interest in the case asked them y they haven't returned my 2 year old baby yet to me, they started telling them that they are holding her pending when I fully recovers so as to trick them n make dem back off

My baby they have been using to get financial support from his friends
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by 2mch(m): 4:22pm On Jul 17, 2019
I knew this must be because of money. How terribly disgusting, his own blood. So it is his sister that killed him? They are not even worried about police case but money. I think we also need to involve police here on a murder case. Please also tag Obaseki and commissioner for women affairs on twitter. Benin police too if possible. Send the whole story to instablog. Especially now that they have threatened you and your family.

Make sure you fight for your child in the most nasty way! Write a disclaimer on anyone giving them money on your daughters behalf and cry out that you need the help of police to investigate the case. Trust me they will drop your daughter at midnight and runaway.

I wish you were in Lagos. It also seems like you and husband lived in Lagos prior to the accident correct? So you are resident in Lagos but your child was kidnapped in Benin?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by sisisioge: 6:30pm On Jul 17, 2019
Lord! It's getting serious! May God help settle this matter.

1 Like

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by LadySarah: 9:49pm On Jul 17, 2019
Firebrand1:
angry op plz back off from this matter, so dat u will not be hit n d crossfire, d akhator family are still grieving over the death of their son. I am privy to some of d grievances the late husband family has against d wife. op plz don't try to paint the man's family bad becos of ur selfish interest. Wen u read those rhetorics of a tribute at d funeral we all tot u were a good friend, never knew u were just a snitch. Adviser Nowamangbe back off plz

Fear Godoo.No crime is enough to withold her child from her.Atleast bring her for visitations.
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by LadySarah: 9:50pm On Jul 17, 2019
2mch:

No body cares what your family feels about the Wife. Give her back her child and her husbands property or you will be charged with kidnapping. Useless greedy creatures. It cannot be more than money. Hungry mofos. If you people are not all collectively suffering from madness, how can you justify stealing a child away from a parent that needs the child? Did the mother ask for your help? How did you people even get access to the child enough to have the guts to deny the child’s mother her own child. If you have a mother perpetrating this wicked act. You should be afraid because if you die, the same wickedness will be visited on your wife and kids.
Simple.

1 Like

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by Dinvictus: 12:16am On Jul 18, 2019
phineas:

Thank you so much for your personal interest in this case. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by phineas: 7:55am On Jul 18, 2019
SyNnadi:
They demanded all sort of things and called me all sorts of names . went as far as tarnishing my image n levying all sort of false allegation on me..

With all these I wasn't moved so they decided to permanently hold on to my child .

Those that later showed interest in the case asked them y they haven't returned my 2 year old baby yet to me, they started telling them that they are holding her pending when I fully recovers so as to trick them n make dem back off

My baby they have been using to get financial support from his friends
[center][/center]

You haven't actually copied the persons on twitter suggested. They are all key persons o this matter. But that's fine. Because it gives another opportunity for another attempt at resolution and they'll know that the matter is no longer secret now.

Can you ask his key friends,1 or 2 family members and a lawyer to formally request for the child from the kidnappers. Let them know the meeting and their responses are been recorded.Let the lawyer be formally engaged and representing the mother.

The conversations may go back and forth but ensure the response to we want the child back now on behalf of the mother is well documented.

I they still say no.You have evidence of their most recent formal response should anyone pick the matter up officially.

Next week will then be a good time to ensure you copy every one suggested with the support Vera tweet. You can repeat the tweet as many times as possible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Couple Who Married After 3 Weeks Of Meeting Celebrate 4th Wedding Anniversary / Man's 7 Children Die In Katsina Grenade Explosion / Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.