Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,915 members, 7,810,516 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:25 AM

Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend (23273 Views)

I Want To Report My Mum To Human Rights For Child Abuse / Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody / Impending Child Custody Battle: Baby Mama Preventing Access To My Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by gabito4luv(m): 2:01pm On Jul 10, 2019
My dear NLders. Please your advice and guidance is needed once again. I lost a dear friend and colleague last Dec. He was involved in an accident with his wife (see previous link)https://www.nairaland.com/4914859/how-one-plan-funeral-close#74038218. Six months after the burial his family has refused to release the only child from the union to the young widow. All efforts to settle the matter within the family amounted to an exercise in futility. We have contacted the Min of women affairs in Benin but they haven't done anything yet. The lady who is yet to fully recover (bedridden) from the accident is really saddened by this development. Right now she has run out of ideas on where to seek help. Her current state of health isn't helping matters. Anyone with info on how to reunite mother and child kindly give your suggestions here.

PS. The child is only 2.

3 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 10, 2019
She is bedridden.
She should fight for her health.

Only the living can take care of the living.

LalĂ sticlala, my sensei, help a brother out.

127 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by ahnie: 2:16pm On Jul 10, 2019
She's emotionally not stable with her thoughts and emotions.its a hard one seizing a child from the mother...it's devastating.

She should just focus on her healing process first...as na person wey dey alive de fight for pikin.i wonder why the child was taken away from her in the first place.

Get well soonest.

21 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by gabito4luv(m): 2:24pm On Jul 10, 2019
Thanks for the advice. I have been monitoring her recovery and her condition is stable now. Just her broken bones is what is left for her to heal which is why she can't move now only been assisted by family members. She has been patient since Jan and has run out of it now.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by AxxeMan: 4:04pm On Jul 10, 2019

OP let your friend focus on healing fully first before requesting for the child, you should take into consideration the fact that her husbands family too are also mourning and their only succour right now is that child with them..... So let them keep her for now please!!

And are both couples Edo?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by Zombiekiller010: 4:06pm On Jul 10, 2019
Her health first, how will she take care of her child while battling with health issues even after 6 months of the accident,or else the family of the deceased aren't taking good care of that child, thats when there maybe cause for alarm, if not, be careful before they start suspecting you of trying to befriend your late friend wife.

11 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by MrAnele(m): 4:06pm On Jul 10, 2019
Ksi.
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by Odinz(m): 4:06pm On Jul 10, 2019
Hope they are not holding her in any way responsible for the accident? Just as those above said, the best thing is for her to recover fully first then she can fight for her child. What of her family members?
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by rentAcock(m): 4:07pm On Jul 10, 2019
The woman is bedridden and probably traumatized from the accident and somehow you want her to get custody of the child and carter for him or her?? The little child will only become a full time caretaker for the mom; he or she may have to drop out of school, bathe the mom, cook for her, wash her clothes, and provide wound care. The child will get burnt out and overwhelmed sooner or later. Let the child remain in the custody of the relatives until the mom's health improves.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by honest1480(m): 4:07pm On Jul 10, 2019
Consult a law practitioner

2 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by Amuocha: 4:07pm On Jul 10, 2019
First let her recover fully.
Then she can approach the presidency office of wife of the president..
Thereafter, she can approach the National Assembly to review laws on child custody..
And she can approach the Nigeria Police Force to help angry
Remember things are very hard under Buhari's useless APC government angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by Xisnin(m): 4:08pm On Jul 10, 2019
I will be blunt.
How will a woman who can't take care of herself be demanding for child custody?
The best approach is through discussion and arrangement.

Don't waste your money yet on lawyers until she has fully recovered and doesn't require
assistance for her daily activities because no judge will award a child to an incapacitated mother.

The best she can get now is ask that the child be brought to her for a visit with the promise that
she won't try to snatch him/her on such visit.

24 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by UjuJoan2: 4:08pm On Jul 10, 2019
ahnie:
She's emotionally not stable with her thoughts and emotions.its a hard one seizing a child from the mother...it's devastating.

She should just focus on her healing process first...as na person wey dey alive de fight for pikin.i wonder why the child was taken away from her in the first place.

Get well soonest.

Having that child with her will fasten her healing process.

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by KidsNEXTdoor: 4:08pm On Jul 10, 2019
She should get well first....
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by Mariangeles(f): 4:08pm On Jul 10, 2019
That is wickedness .
Mother and child need each other at this tough moment .

16 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by 2blessed01(m): 4:09pm On Jul 10, 2019
AS IT IS NOW, GOING TO COURT SEEMS D BEST SOLUTION...COS DAT WOMAN NEEDS HER CHILD TO FASTEN HER HEALING PROCESS!

11 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by dejio42(m): 4:09pm On Jul 10, 2019
Emergency!!! Sense is need here

1 Like

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 10, 2019
Why share the pics

1 Like

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by maxiuc(m): 4:09pm On Jul 10, 2019
angry

That's harsh

Is just like torturing her

4 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 10, 2019
Speedy recovery is all I wish her

5 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by gaeul(f): 4:10pm On Jul 10, 2019
She should please concentrate on her healing...when she is perfectly fine...everything will fall into place...and her baby will be reunited with her...
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by Rasbel(m): 4:10pm On Jul 10, 2019
Why don't they (the family members) want to release the kid? if it's because of the mother's health status, then...

May God heal the her.
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by Xisnin(m): 4:10pm On Jul 10, 2019
UjuJoan2:

Having that child with her will fasten her healing process.
Who will take care of the child?

2 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by OneKinGuy(m): 4:11pm On Jul 10, 2019
The child belongs to the woman.They no dey debate that one. First she has to fully recover. If by any case the child is being maltreated or abused, Then it should. e reported the the child be moved away ASAP.

I wish her full recovery.

8 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by legba1(m): 4:11pm On Jul 10, 2019
I think she should be more concern about walking...let her put her mind to rest as this shouldnt be an issue when shes up and doing...if alternative dispute resolution tactics failed then she can sue them and she sure will be awarded the kids custody but first let her heal..

2 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by cooldipo(m): 4:11pm On Jul 10, 2019
sad

This is really sad
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by gabito4luv(m): 4:11pm On Jul 10, 2019
AxxeMan:

OP let your friend focus on healing fully first before requesting for the child, you should take into consideration the fact that her husbands family too are also mourning and their only succour right now is that child with them..... So let them keep her for now please!!

And are both couples Edo?
YES
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by don4real18(m): 4:12pm On Jul 10, 2019
Hmm... Is she bedridden at home or at the hospital?
The first step to healing is the mindset. Taking her child from her will make her suffer emotionally thereby delaying her healing process.
Involve the police and they will release her child to her but I hope she has made plans to take care of her child since she still needs someone to take care of her cos of her health.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

If You Cook For Your Wife Heaven Will Not Fall!" Nigerian Lawyer Writes / Pregnant Mom, Her Two Kids Burnt To Death In Anambra House Fire. Photos / When You See A Cancer Women Run For Your Dear Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.