Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,970 members, 7,810,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend (23275 Views)

I Want To Report My Mum To Human Rights For Child Abuse / Vera Ogbebor: Battle For Child Custody / Impending Child Custody Battle: Baby Mama Preventing Access To My Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by UjuJoan2: 4:12pm On Jul 10, 2019
Xisnin:

Who will take care of the child?

I believe her family members are the ones taking care of her now. And they can as well take care of the child too.

8 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by femi4: 4:12pm On Jul 10, 2019
Joromi12:
Why share the pics
abi o.... i don't know how the pics are related to the recovery of the child
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by Lexusgs430: 4:13pm On Jul 10, 2019
gabito4luv:
My dear NLders. Please your advice and guidance is needed once again. I lost a dear friend and colleague last Dec. He was involved in an accident with his wife (see previous link)https://www.nairaland.com/4914859/how-one-plan-funeral-close#74038218. Six months after the burial his family has refused to release the only child from the union to the young widow. All efforts to settle the matter within the family amounted to an exercise in futility. We have contacted the Min of women affairs in Benin but they haven't done anything yet. The lady who is yet to fully recover (bedridden) from the accident is really saddened by this development. Right now she has run out of ideas on where to seek help. Her current state of health isn't helping matters. Anyone with info on how to reunite mother and child kindly give your suggestions here.

PS. The child is only 2.

She should get better first..... But in the interim, her child should be visiting her......

Custody battle would be fought later (either through official mediation or legal route)..........
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by gabito4luv(m): 4:13pm On Jul 10, 2019
OneKinGuy:
The child belongs to the woman.They no dey debate that one. First she has to fully recover. If by any case the child is being maltreated or abused, Then it should. e reported the the child be moved away ASAP.

I wish her full recovery.
thanks for the advice. But is it possible they'd take the child out of the country?
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by Xisnin(m): 4:13pm On Jul 10, 2019
UjuJoan2:

I believe her family members are the ones taking care of her now. And they can as well take care of the child too.
That is my point. The only claim she has to that child is that she is the mother and if
she cannot perform motherly duties, then there is no point asking for custody.
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by phineas: 4:14pm On Jul 10, 2019
Since she is alive she is the legal guardian.

She should file and sue specific persons in his family for kidnapping join everyone to the suit. AG.. Naptip. women affairs..her doctors . Minister of health.

Make sure they get arrested first so it's established as a criminal case.

I believe the sentence is now death.They should take it seriously thereafter.

She must do this quietly and quickly. Cut all ties with them in the process and show no mercy till they return the child and vacate her life.

5 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by Lexusgs430: 4:15pm On Jul 10, 2019
gabito4luv:
thanks for the advice. But is it possible they'd take the child out of the country?

Very possible...... But she seeks legal redress on child abduction route.......

3 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by 2blessed01(m): 4:16pm On Jul 10, 2019
Cioccolata:
She is bedridden.
She should fight for her health.

Only the living can take care of the living.

Lalasticlala, my sensei, help a brother out.
TRUE...BUT DONT YOU THINK SHE NEEDS DAT BOND 4 FASTER HEALING

2 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by babyfaceafrica: 4:16pm On Jul 10, 2019
UjuJoan2:

Having that child with her will fasten her healing process.
says who?...will the child heal her bones..make her walk or swing her arms?..she should get well first,then girdle her loins for the fight

1 Like

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by 2mch(m): 4:17pm On Jul 10, 2019
What are people saying she is bedridden so she should forget her child? A little child of 2? Even seeing the child will help her healing process. What if one bastard is abusing the child where they kept her.
She may be bedridden but she is still a mother and she loves her child. She is also alive so there is no reason why anyone should hold onto her child. Please go to media houses and appeal to the state government for help. May God punish those who seek to make this lady die from frustration and pain. Nigerians always feeling they know best for someone else. On something that is not their life experience.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by malikisunday(m): 4:18pm On Jul 10, 2019
She should focus on her health first
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by AxxeMan: 4:18pm On Jul 10, 2019
gabito4luv:
YES

If so, the both of dem are actually from Benin then there should be no problem retrieving the child
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by gabito4luv(m): 4:19pm On Jul 10, 2019
femi4:
abi o.... i don't know how the pics are related to the recovery of the child
I'm sorry if the pics is quite offensive but this is a serious matter and would not wish anyone to doubt. I had to live out the one where my friend was still alive in hospital bed with stitches all over.
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by babyfaceafrica: 4:19pm On Jul 10, 2019
phineas:
Since she is alive she is the legal guardian.

She should file and sue specific persons in his family for kidnapping join everyone to the suit. AG.. Naptip. women affairs..her doctors . Minister of health.

Make sure they get arrested first so it's established as a criminal case.

I believe the sentence is now death.They should take it seriously thereafter.

She must do this quietly and quickly. Cut all ties with them in the process and show no mercy till they return the child and vacate her life.
she will do all these from her sick bed abi?..

1 Like

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by hazzanjake: 4:19pm On Jul 10, 2019
Cioccolata:
She is bedridden.
She should fight for her health.

Only the living can take care of the living.

Lalasticlala, my sensei, help a brother out.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzutb_hhsf1/?igshid=rxec3coyodz7
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 10, 2019
In-laws from hell.
Why will they deny her access to her child even if she is bedridden?

That child will be her hope and reason to heal.

I'm equally sure they don't visit her too.
Wicked generation embarassed

Tell her to see that child as her reason to fight.
Even if they like, they should deny her access till whenever.

Let her heal first, get emotional and financial stability, at the right time, she should go for her child.
By then, she will be well equipped for the journey.

She should be penning down her soulful words to her child as if she is talking to him or her face to face. Make sure she write the dates.
All her struggles and how she desire him to be around her.
So that even if they try to buy his mind against her, those letters will prove them wrong.
She should also talk about her late husband too.

This way she can have one good reason to sleep and wake up.wiahing her recovery soon and thank u for being a true friend.

9 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by bisoye11(m): 4:21pm On Jul 10, 2019
This is not the right time, she should focus on her health first.
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by AmazingELixir: 4:21pm On Jul 10, 2019
undecided undecided undecided

OP is the widow in a good and mental and financial state to cater for the child...

It's an unfortunate situation she found herself but it is equally important that logic and reason prevail..as it stands now so many indigent parents are raising touts and delinquents terrorising us every day.

1 Like

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by OneKinGuy(m): 4:22pm On Jul 10, 2019
gabito4luv:
It depends on the country. I think some countries law say you can only bring over your blood relation. (With some conditions. Google it up)
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by dingbang(m): 4:23pm On Jul 10, 2019
Pls she should heal, and you should also help out in seeing that the child is supported financially, that alone will make her happy.
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by phineas: 4:24pm On Jul 10, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
she will do all these from her sick bed abi?..

Yes all that's needed is her signature and a good lawyer

Forgot this stupid comments on nairaland. Only her and a judge has the right to decide the child's well being.

The only condition medically allowed to separate a child from its mother can only be decided by a competent medical team

As I said earlier get a good lawyer file your case. Let the system sort out the rest. Don't forget to join the commisoner of police in the state ,the IGP and the Attorney General for traction. All the best

4 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by gabito4luv(m): 4:25pm On Jul 10, 2019
AmazingELixir:
undecided undecided undecided

OP is the widow in a good and mental and financial state to cater for the child...

It's an unfortunate situation she found herself but it is equally important that logic and reason prevail..as it stands now so many indigent parents are raising touts and delinquents terrorising us every day.
She is in paid employment and can foot her bills as well as that of the child comfortably.

10 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by femi4: 4:25pm On Jul 10, 2019
gabito4luv:
I'm sorry if the pics is quite offensive but this is a serious matter and would not wish anyone to doubt. I had to live out the one where my friend was still alive in hospital bed with stitches all over.
The pics are too graphics and unnecessary. You are not reporting an accident, you are making enquiry on how to recover a child.
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by chloride6: 4:26pm On Jul 10, 2019
2mch:
What are people saying she is bedridden so she should forget her child? A little child of 2? Even seeing the child will help her healing process. What if one bastard is abusing the child where they kept her.
She may be bedridden but she is still a mother and she loves her child. She is also alive so there is no reason why anyone should hold onto her child. Please go to media houses and appeal to the state government for help. May God punish those who seek to make this lady die from frustration and pain. Nigerians always feeling they know best for someone else. On something that is not their life experience.

She cant take care of the child...

For now
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by fredoooooo: 4:26pm On Jul 10, 2019
Where is our humanity , On Sunday and Friday you see these people flood churches and mosques, to do a simple act of being a human is a big task ..
Why not just let the woman see her child ?

2 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by Webdesign707: 4:39pm On Jul 10, 2019
You need a website ?
⁃ 1 year Domain
⁃ Good security with a good secured company system 1 year
⁃ Hosting
⁃ Professional website
⁃ Responsive website
⁃ Direct entry to WhatsApp plugin
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by 2mch(m): 4:43pm On Jul 10, 2019
chloride6:

She cant take care of the child...

For now
What gives you the right to tell her that she cannot take care of her child? Even blind and mad people take care of their children. The woman said she wants her child, giver her the child. With her husband dead, that child will be the only source of her happiness.

I am sure it is the man’s mother holding on to that child as a memory for the loss of her child. But she’s not sympathetic towards another woman who needs her own child. Very wicked people.

15 Likes

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by Lekanbery: 4:51pm On Jul 10, 2019
Iphone 7 plus 256GB for sale. Call or WhatsApp zero nine zero six eight five three five six five two.
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by gabito4luv(m): 4:52pm On Jul 10, 2019
phineas:

Yes all that's needed is her signature and a good lawyer

Forgot this stupid comments on nairaland. Only her and a judge has the right to decide the child's well being.

The only condition medically allowed to separate a child from its mother can only be decided by a competent medical team

As I said earlier get a good lawyer file your case. Let the system sort out the rest. Don't forget to join the commisoner of police in the state ,the IGP and the Attorney General for traction. All the best
Well said. Do you know how long such litigation will take?
Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by chloride6: 4:53pm On Jul 10, 2019
2mch:

What gives you the right to tell her that she cannot take care of her child? Even blind and mad people take care of their children. The woman said she wants her child, giver her the child. With her husband dead, that child will be the only source of her happiness.

I am sure it is the man’s mother holding on to that child as a memory for the loss of her child. But she’s not sympathetic towards another woman who needs her own child. Very wicked people.

Have you ever gone abroad and seen a mad person take care of a child?

A child is not a property to be possessed.

The well being of the child is ultimate and will be considered first..

1 Like

Re: Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend by GistFullGround: 4:54pm On Jul 10, 2019
gabito4luv:
My dear NLders. Please your advice and guidance is needed once again. I lost a dear friend and colleague last Dec. He was involved in an accident with his wife (see previous link)https://www.nairaland.com/4914859/how-one-plan-funeral-close#74038218. Six months after the burial his family has refused to release the only child from the union to the young widow. All efforts to settle the matter within the family amounted to an exercise in futility. We have contacted the Min of women affairs in Benin but they haven't done anything yet. The lady who is yet to fully recover (bedridden) from the accident is really saddened by this development. Right now she has run out of ideas on where to seek help. Her current state of health isn't helping matters. Anyone with info on how to reunite mother and child kindly give your suggestions here.

PS. The child is only 2.

Go to court on her behalf. The courts will compel her to.

That's how Benins are...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

If You Cook For Your Wife Heaven Will Not Fall!" Nigerian Lawyer Writes / Pregnant Mom, Her Two Kids Burnt To Death In Anambra House Fire. Photos / When You See A Cancer Women Run For Your Dear Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.