Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,674 members, 7,823,909 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack (39823 Views)

Zimbabwean Man Discovers His Wife Has Been Hiding Her HIV Status / Are HIV Patients So Eager To Infect Others? / My Girlfriend After Checking Her HIV Status Told Me This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by morzook(m): 8:04pm On Jul 12, 2019
She didn't mention names but posted their pictures. Which is worse? Or you just chose to not read before commenting?

oruma19:
she hasn't done anything wrong so long she didn't mention any names. She is doing her job by advising that people don't engage in indiscrimate sex. HIV does not show in the face. I love the woman
Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by Pepperoniq(m): 8:07pm On Jul 12, 2019
charliejose:
Verbose, yet reeks of ignorance. HIV positive patients that are steadily
on Anti-retroviral therapy can't transmit the virus because of their undectable viral load. The real people spreading the virus are the lots of you that don't know your HIV status, talk more of starting treatment. So, this mistake of a nurse should have channelled her energy to sensitizing people to go for a test not stigmatizing innocent people that go for treatment because they care about their lives and that of others.

When she Mention having Sex without Condom what do you think she was relating on her post?
Technically, people who have protective Sex have slim chance of being tested positive.
I like her pattern of enlightenment. Constructive criticism helps to make someone improve and make Better choices
Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 12, 2019
she no mention any patient name.misleading title jor
Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 12, 2019
Now the post is viral, you won't just lose your job, but any chance of visiting most advanced countries.
Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by tiwiex(m): 8:10pm On Jul 12, 2019
danny56:
This is a crime o anty Nurse... Stop this your madness embarassed

She advised people that HIV no dey show for face. If an infected person infects anyone and the person is not aware, the infecter go still dey collect drugs while infectee go dey die dey go. She didn't expose anyone. So what exactly has she done wrong?

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by Donchukz(m): 8:11pm On Jul 12, 2019
charliejose:
Verbose, yet reeks of ignorance. HIV positive patients that are steadily
on Anti-retroviral therapy can't transmit the virus because of their undectable viral load. The real people spreading the virus are the lots of you that don't know your HIV status, talk more of starting treatment. So, this mistake of a nurse should have channelled her energy to sensitizing people to go for a test not stigmatizing innocent people that go for treatment because they care about their lives and that of others.

It goes to show that she doesn't even know anything about hiv,she needed to go back to school
Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by mikesleezy(m): 8:15pm On Jul 12, 2019
Please, whoever that posted this, should immediately pull it down to avoid getting sued.
This Elimbe Lilian who is using another innocent girl's picture to cause all these brouhaha is an impersonator and a fraud.
#Please Note: DEBBIE ANABA is the name of the young lady this supposed ELIMBE LILIAN is impersonating, she does not have anything to do with all these. Go to DEBBIE ANABA's page on Facebook and find a disclaimer she posted.
As I type this, the said ELIMBE LILIAN'S FB account has been reported as an impostor and an identity thief.
Find below the attached image
Let's all be guided before we continue to spread what we don't have all the facts.

Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by oruma19: 8:20pm On Jul 12, 2019
morzook:
She didn't mention names but posted their pictures. Which is worse? Or you just chose to not read before commenting?

oh sorry, I didn't see the pictures o, I only read and didn't see anything wrong in the advise she gave. If she posted pictures then she is in big trouble already.
Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 12, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:
What she did is technically wrong. But in a place like Nigeria where the government is yet to criminalise deliberate transmission of HIV, I think I can agree with the point she's trying to make.

Most people quietly start receiving treatment once they learn of their HIV+ status, but at the same time they struggle to infect as many other people as they can as a form of 'revenge'. Some even neglect to tell their future spouses who eventually contract the virus from them and die in ignorance (the 'slapping senator' Ishaku is a case in point.
what i see that is wrong is the discriminatory comments she made towards hiv postive individuals asper she be nurse she no suppose comment like that.having said dat only a foolish person goes about having unprotected sex with strangers.not in dis era wey guys dey get 15 girlfriends and babes dey get 20 boyfriends and 3 sugar daddies.protection is key.
Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 12, 2019
mikesleezy:
Please, whoever that posted this, should immediately pull it down to avoid getting sued.
This Elimbe Lilian who is using another innocent girl's picture to cause all these brouhaha is an impersonator and a fraud.
#Please Note: DEBBIE ANABA is the name of the young lady this supposed ELIMBE LILIAN is impersonating, she does not have anything to do with all these. Go to DEBBIE ANABA's page on Facebook and find a disclaimer she posted.
As I type this, the said ELIMBE LILIAN'S FB account has been reported as an impostor and an identity thief.
Find below the attached image
Let's all be guided before we continue to spread what we don't have all the facts.
ghen ghen cheesy
Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by martineverest(m): 8:23pm On Jul 12, 2019
antagonist:

you are actually the one that cannot read

dundee
typical example of EDUCATED ILLITERATE
Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by mikesleezy(m): 8:23pm On Jul 12, 2019
danny56:

Please, type Debbie Anaba on Facebook to see the real person being impersonated by this Identity thief by the supposed name ELIMBE LILIAN.
LILIAN ELIMBE, Is an identity thief, who commits crimes and posts rubbish using an innocent girls image.
Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by charliejose: 8:24pm On Jul 12, 2019
Kennydoc:

So once a HIV patient is started on HAART, their viral load will immediately become undetectable?
Research shows that people typically get to undetectable viral load in 6 months to a year after commencing treatment.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 12, 2019
antagonist:

all of you will just be jumping to conclusion like Olympic high jump
Is this Rubbish supposed to make sense?,
Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 12, 2019
martineverest:
typical example of EDUCATED ILLITERATE
Adamant Educated illiterate. grin
Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by Kennydoc(m): 8:27pm On Jul 12, 2019
charliejose:
Research shows that people typically get to undetectable viral load in 6 months to a year after commencing treatment.

So what will happen to those who have sex with them within those 6 months to one year?
Mind you that some of these people deliberately want to infect others, cos they feel that someone gave it to them. That is when you see some of them sleeping with at least one new person every week.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 12, 2019
martineverest:
she didn't commit any offence

I really pity this generation....they only read headlines and avoid the main content..I saw this news on instablog9ja this morning.about 99 percent of those that commented only read the headlines without reading the content of the lady's post...she was actually advising the public on STDs
Absolutely!
Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by lonelydora: 8:36pm On Jul 12, 2019
imitateMe:
I like her. She said the truth and didn't expose anyone in the process. As for me, I'm not going to any hospital for an HIV test; I'd rather wait for the symptoms o grin

Not only you
Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by charliejose: 8:37pm On Jul 12, 2019
Kennydoc:

So what will happen to those who have sex with them within those 6 months to one year?
Mind you that some of these people deliberately want to infect others, cos they feel that someone gave it to them. That is when you see some of them sleeping with at least one new person every week.
You have a "doc" to your moniker, but I should believe you added that for fun... That's by the way. People that are actively receiving these treatments are even advised to abstain from unprotected sex so as to avoid re-infection or even contracting resistant strains of the virus - they are also at greater risk of contracting other diseases too as their immune system is compromised usually at the beginning of treatment. So, a greater percentage of those that infect people for revenge or whatever are the ones not on treatment. So, worry more about sensitization of people going for test and leave these people going for their treatments alone.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by shogsman(m): 8:37pm On Jul 12, 2019
imitateMe:
I like her. She said the truth and didn't expose anyone in the process. As for me, I'm not going to any hospital for an HIV test; I'd rather wait for the symptoms o grin

There is an hiv self testing kit.
Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by willyo(m): 8:37pm On Jul 12, 2019
imitateMe:

U haven't had a serious job proposal that requires medicals.

Or perhaps u are self employed
Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by ken6488(m): 8:39pm On Jul 12, 2019
The truth is bitter
Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by IamSoProlific: 8:42pm On Jul 12, 2019
KanuSE:
Fire the useless and unprofessional nurse jor!

There are many of them all over Nigeria who shouldn't be in the nursing profession. Zero duty of care, no compassion but professionals at shouting at patients.

Some nurses are dirtier than upper iweka.

Wetin concern upper iweka and this matter nao?

Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by holuphisayor(m): 8:52pm On Jul 12, 2019
Truth is bitter. They will rather drown in their foolishness and setup gofundme page when their cup is full.
Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by Kennydoc(m): 8:56pm On Jul 12, 2019
charliejose:
You have a "doc" to your moniker, but I should believe you added that for fun... That's by the way. People that are actively receiving these treatments are even advised to abstain from unprotected sex so as to avoid re-infection or even contracting resistant strains of the virus - they are also at greater risk of contracting other diseases too as their immune system is compromised usually at the beginning of treatment. So, a greater percentage of those that infect people for revenge or whatever are the ones not on treatment. So, worry more about sensitization of people going for test and leave these people going for their treatments alone.

Bro, let's be realistic here. Some newly infected HIV people go on revenge transmission of the virus. They are counselled against it, but how many heed the counsel? Even simple adherence to the medications is a difficult thing for some. Yes, they can contract more virulent or even drug resistant strains of the virus if they don't protect themselves, but does it really sink? Isn't that part of the reasons why some people still die of AIDS within a few years of diagnosis of HIV, despite the availability of HAART everywhere?
It's not HAART that weakens the immune system, HIV does. What happens is that some people's immune system (CD4 cells) fail to recover even years after commencement of HAART.
As for the 'doc' in my moniker, your opinion doesn't matter. You're free to think whatever you like, as I don't care.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by Maliqcious: 9:07pm On Jul 12, 2019
Crime how please...did she mentioned names
danny56:
Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by Maliqcious: 9:08pm On Jul 12, 2019
I don't knw oo
Asquare84:
WHAT HAS SHE DONE WRONG HERE NOW
Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by Maliqcious: 9:11pm On Jul 12, 2019
How tell me what lack of incompetency she displayed
KanuSE:
Fire the useless and unprofessional nurse jor!

There are many of them all over Nigeria who shouldn't be in the nursing profession. Zero duty of care, no compassion but professionals at shouting at patients.

Some nurses are dirtier than upper iweka.
Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by mikesleezy(m): 9:18pm On Jul 12, 2019
Gistformant:
Nurse exposes the identities of HIV patients at her hospital in Rivers State, dares her employer to sack her as she blasts those who made Facebook delete the post.

See more here; http://gistmore.com/nurse-exposes-the-identities-of-hiv-patients-at-her-hospital-in-rivers-state
Dear poster, can you do me a favour by looking up Debbie Anaba on Fb, to find out the whole truth behind what you just posted? Debbie Ababa's identity was stolen by this identity thief known as Lilian Ejimbe. Lilian Ejimbe is only hiding behind this innocent girl's picture to perpetrate evil. Spreading the image of this innocent girl on the profile of Lilian Ejimbe will only make those who don't know the whole truth to victimize the innocent girl when they see her in real life.
Re: Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack by wonder233: 9:26pm On Jul 12, 2019
Me too!
imitateMe:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jyoti Amge: The Smallest Woman In The World (Photos) / Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother / 5 Food Combinations That May Affect Your Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.