Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,317 members, 7,822,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Bank Of Oduduwa Introduce New Currency Certificate - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bank Of Oduduwa Introduce New Currency Certificate (35512 Views)

Bank Of Biafra Currency Found (photos) / How Much You Love This New Currency. (see Pics ) / Who Is The Son Of Oduduwa: Oba Of Benin Or Son Of Alafin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bank Of Oduduwa Introduce New Currency Certificate by icare1: 9:29am On Oct 14, 2010
SO GIFT CERTIFICATE BECOMES LEGAL TENDER.

IS SANUSI LAMIDO GOING TO APPROVE OF IT?
Re: Bank Of Oduduwa Introduce New Currency Certificate by papas: 9:48am On Oct 14, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

according to becommrich

aloy.emeka=beaf=EzeUche0=chyz=Onlytruth=komado=seun osewa= dayokanu

All of you are fake. One person posting with the diff IDs

ha ha! Becommrich also thinks the poster of this belongs to the list. And in fact, everyone that has replied to this thread. Apart from me of course.
Re: Bank Of Oduduwa Introduce New Currency Certificate by 123jml: 9:59am On Oct 14, 2010
@poster,

I should share this with seun if it's possible for him to amend your username to become[b]mad [/b] instead of
becomerich
Re: Bank Of Oduduwa Introduce New Currency Certificate by SamMilla1(m): 10:12am On Oct 14, 2010
This is actually a very good thing to do. The problem i see here is that the borders are too big.
You should start with lagos then expand.
Re: Bank Of Oduduwa Introduce New Currency Certificate by Kennyblues(m): 10:18am On Oct 14, 2010
Becomrich’s always got good ideas but got misconstrued with his presentation probably because of his antecedent. If the Gift Certificate would work it would at least go a long way in solving some problems if not all considering the exchange rate that is Yed1.10 to N1.

By implication; if any of the Yoruba states governors got 500Billion Yed, in exchange to Naira, he would have made an additional N50Billion when if the 500Billion is well expended. These difference could be channeled into making infrastructure work without recourse to FGN allocation….just my thinking not Becomrich’s
Re: Bank Of Oduduwa Introduce New Currency Certificate by Kaymus(m): 10:34am On Oct 14, 2010
This is a great news my friend! But how will it be generally accepted within the boundary stipulated?
Re: Bank Of Oduduwa Introduce New Currency Certificate by SamMilla1(m): 10:40am On Oct 14, 2010
So many good concepts does not work out in Nigeria because majority are very poor and uneducated and scared.
As a matter of fact currency certificates and gift cards are widely used all over the World.
The little issue i see here is that becomrich is going too political with the idea.
The Nigerian people need economy they can control.
So i still maintain that this is a good idea if it works but a lot of money is needed to implement this.
And the problem usually starts from who won the contract.
Re: Bank Of Oduduwa Introduce New Currency Certificate by lasgidi4rv: 11:14am On Oct 14, 2010
Several of you are not being real. The issue isn't that gift certificates are already used in other parts of the world. WHO, I ASK AGAIN IS SUPPOSED TO BEAR THE INITIAL COST OF ITS PURCHASE FOR ITS FACE VALUE
Re: Bank Of Oduduwa Introduce New Currency Certificate by oludashmi(f): 11:15am On Oct 14, 2010
Sam Milla:

So many good concepts does not work out in Nigeria because majority are very poor and uneducated and scared.
As a matter of fact currency certificates and gift cards are widely used all over the World.
The little issue i see here is that becomrich is going too political with the idea.
The Nigerian people need economy they can control.
So i still maintain that this is a good idea if it works but a lot of money is needed to implement this.
And the problem usually starts from who won the contract.
GBAM!!
@OP, like your idea but Nigerian leaders are the clause in it.
Re: Bank Of Oduduwa Introduce New Currency Certificate by Freiburger(m): 11:24am On Oct 14, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bank Of Oduduwa Introduce New Currency Certificate by djavo(m): 11:30am On Oct 14, 2010
Becomrich:
How are you going to source the 50billion Naira to gauratee this 500billion Yed gift certificate's cos u can't just print a fancy paper and expect poeple to start accepting that as a means of payment .More so every business and state governments would want assurance that if anything goes wrong(which will definately go wrong if there are no cash deposit paid in the central bank to back up the certificates)they will get there money back.The overseas countries you mention do set up funds to gauratee their gift cards,gift certificate etc.
Re: Bank Of Oduduwa Introduce New Currency Certificate by kemisuga(f): 1:21pm On Oct 14, 2010
Then you need to do Mass Awareness, Publicity, do seminars, go on air transmissions to win people's heart, Cause it will be so difficult to convince many.
Re: Bank Of Oduduwa Introduce New Currency Certificate by naso2(m): 1:48pm On Oct 14, 2010
Kennyblues:

Becomrich’s always got good ideas but got misconstrued with his presentation probably because of his antecedent. If the Gift Certificate would work it would at least go a long way in solving some problems if not all considering the exchange rate that is Yed1.10 to N1.

By implication; if any of the Yoruba states governors got 500Billion Yed, in exchange to Naira, he would have made an additional N50Billion when if the 500Billion is well expended. These difference could be channeled into making infrastructure work without recourse to FGN allocation….just my thinking not Becomrich’s

This must be 2092 economics. kindly explain how this works to a few of us still in 2010.

Becomerich your KOLO na made in japan embarassed embarassed
Re: Bank Of Oduduwa Introduce New Currency Certificate by becomrich13: 3:01pm On Oct 14, 2010
That is what I posted below.
I said you people on nairaland are villages people. Ara oko. bush men.

djavo people use the naira to clear thier children yashi in nigeria. It is just paper. Money is paper. When you understand it. gift certificate have security features on them.

It has nothing to do with Sanusi or Jonathan. Gift certificate are common. Even churches have gift certificate. Walmart , canadian tire etc. Govt have no business with it.

You see you are allow to sell your goods for what every you want. You can stay at oshodi and tell the people, I do accept naira for my colour television, but if you have a car and want to give me for a colour television. I would take it.

You see Sanusi or Jonathan is only powerful if you use the naira. but when you make his naira useless. He has no control over you. you would still allow for naira. but you use gift certificate.

The aim is to improve the Yoruba economy and be able to build facilities. and not to make money. And this is the only way to go.

Go to Ogun state today. You better not buy a new car and you want to go to ogun state or ibadan. There is nothing in those places. They are suffering. the roads are bad. samething for ondo state.

The state with the worst road in Yorubaland, are the PDP control area. so you dont expect the PDP to win.

If you want to trade in my place , you go by my rule. if you go to walmart and they tell you, this is what they want, you dont tell them, they do not have to.   If dangote want to do business in yorubaland, he goes by our rules . this is how they do business. you cant walk to kano and take thier money and dont follow thier rules.

Forget the federal govt of Nigeria. The federal govt of Nigeria does not like Yoruba people. You see you know your enermy by what he does. It is not what people say, but thier action that tell you, if they like you or not. The federal govt of Nigeria does not like Yoruba people. Jonathan Goodluck  hate Yoruba people. David mark hate Yoruba people. Get that into your head. Jonathan Goodluck and David mark have shown that they are Yoruba haters.

have you heard of Anafi Alao, he is from Benin republic. He is Yoruba he sing in Yoruba. watch him.

Anafi Alao - Nifaji Lawa (Aye Lami Ajeku)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oE_1sf7qLg

This is egun egun in benin republic , what they are speaking is Yorubas,  they understand it what they are saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWRxv7ji83k&feature=related

If you listen to King sunny Ade, he sang a sound called Awo egungun lo biren le se, awo gelede lo bire ne mo, bi obire koju koro, Oro agbe. (King sunny Ade
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbIhmfZNBOE&feature=fvw )

What king sung ade, talk about is GELEDE. you would find Gelede in Yoruba culture. This is old man talking about Gelede. Which is also use in Yoruba benin republic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Neehk7ZV94&feature=related

If you watch this unesco video. I am from nigeria but I understand what this Yoruba from benin republic are talking.  he is speaking clear yoruba.

another video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4sJjkr3MZs&feature=related

Beaf go and ask Ojukwu the biafra president if he has not seen Gelede in Yorubaland. He use to live in Lagos.

Now look at Gelede in Oyo state in the alafia of Oyo palace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPFs4HjWZ90&feature=related
Re: Bank Of Oduduwa Introduce New Currency Certificate by tkb417(m): 3:06pm On Oct 14, 2010
Beaf go and ask Ojukwu the biafra president if he has not seen Gelede in Yorubaland. He use to live in Lagos.

ok now

how does this gelede thingy, KIng Sunny Ade and blah blah explains the gift certificate?
Re: Bank Of Oduduwa Introduce New Currency Certificate by becomrich13: 3:35pm On Oct 14, 2010
Sam Milla,I am telling you Yoruba people would use gift certificate, I know my people, is not like I want to bring politics into it. Nigeria can not develop as a nation. Expect if you are not a nigeria. Anyone who is not a non yoruba and decided he does not want to use it, can use the naira.

Nigeria is a country of different countries force into one. Even simple decision is hard for govt to take.

Awolowo had less problem in the west than any president of Nigeria.

If I say I am the premier of Yoruba now. And I say I want to repair Ogbomosho road. Nobody would ask you why? but when the president of nigeria says he want to repair ogbomosho road. They ask him why not kano road.

You can not develop nigeria as president of nigeria. We are not one as a people. We are different people. If we are one Do you think Jonathan/david mark would have continue to harm the Yoruba people even after all of them seen the satellite pictures. Or do you think they would have taken the banks they have no investment in. Nobody is saying they should not open thier own bank.

We are not one. You can not continue to do evil to us and expect us to love you. nobody love evil and wicked people. Go and ask anywhere in the world.

look Jonathan/david mark/IBB and others are Yoruba haters. You dont do evil to people if you love them.
Re: Bank Of Oduduwa Introduce New Currency Certificate by Tolulop001(f): 3:37pm On Oct 14, 2010
^^^^^^^^^is it so difficult to compose and then articulate thought? this guy confuses me everytime undecided
Re: Bank Of Oduduwa Introduce New Currency Certificate by Akanbiedu(m): 4:52pm On Oct 14, 2010
becomrich: link=topic=530074.msg6939545#msg6939545 date=1287066916]
Sam Milla,I am telling you Yoruba people would use gift certificate, I know my people, is not like I want to bring politics into it. Nigeria can not develop as a nation. Expect if you are not a nigeria. Anyone who is not a non yoruba and decided he does not want to use it, can use the naira.

Nigeria is a country of different countries force into one. Even simple decision is hard for govt to take.

Awolowo had less problem in the west than any president of Nigeria.

If I say I am the premier of Yoruba now. And I say I want to repair Ogbomosho road. Nobody would ask you why? but when the president of nigeria says he want to repair ogbomosho road. They ask him why not kano road.

You can not develop nigeria as president of nigeria. We are not one as a people. We are different people. If we are one Do you think Jonathan/david mark would have continue to harm the Yoruba people even after all of them seen the satellite pictures. Or do you think they would have taken the banks they have no investment in. Nobody is saying they should not open thier own bank.

We are not one. You can not continue to do evil to us and expect us to love you. nobody love evil and wicked people. Go and ask anywhere in the world.

look Jonathan/david mark/IBB and others are Yoruba haters. You dont do evil to people if you love them.

Gbam. Becomerich might just be too much for many to understand.
Re: Bank Of Oduduwa Introduce New Currency Certificate by becomrich13: 5:08pm On Oct 14, 2010
The truth is the satellite pictures shows nigeria economy would crash. And the only way, we can protect the business in Yorubaland,edo,delta is to create a shield against the naira.

It is like having a wall between the naira and the Yoruba,edo,delta economy. So if the nigeria economy crash , it would not affect all the business. You see if the naira crash, the nigeria economy crash. but if we use gift certificate since nigeria govt would not allow for a currency. we regulate the gift certificate. We want something independent of the naira.

The nigeria economy would crash. even if the nigeria economy crash , we want to be protected from the naira.

You see another advantage is, when you look at the money , they recieve from nigeria govt. with the gift cerficate, if Oyo state brings the money to our bank. Let say oyo state bring 2 billion, we give oyo state 10 times. 20 billion yed. But when a man brings same 2 billion. we give him 2.2 billion.  either akwa ibom or rivers is collecting billion make no different anymore.

Now you see Oyo state has an advantage. Now he can build facilities. But with 2 billion. He cant do anything.  Oyo state  or lagos pays people for services.
Only one state can not do it alone. We need all the 10 states. And This is why I need thier help.

in eko, they say owo eko , lo fi se ko , la lajo. ko ni je ki wo ma gbe owo wa lo si ile won. it would bring development. For it to work, i need the support of the 10 states.
Re: Bank Of Oduduwa Introduce New Currency Certificate by tkb417(m): 5:13pm On Oct 14, 2010
You see another advantage is, when you look at the money , they recieve from nigeria govt. with the gift cerficate, if Oyo state brings the money to our bank. Let say oyo state bring 2 billion, we give oyo state 10 times. 20 billion yed. But when a man brings same 2 billion. we give him 2.2 billion.

lets start this thing

if Oyo brings 2 billion Naira, you give them 20 billion YED Not Naira - so one u cannot claim u have given then times 10 of what they bring

for example, if u bring 100 dollars and i give you 15, 000; would you say u have given the person times 150 of what he brings? NO

now, when you give Oyo 20 Billion YED, what would they do with it?

its not money you know? or are u saying Oyo shd start paying their civil servants in YED? then are you stylishly attributing the qualities of money to ur gift certificate? you dont understand what ure sayin bro
Re: Bank Of Oduduwa Introduce New Currency Certificate by becomrich13: 5:21pm On Oct 14, 2010
look most money lagos, oyo and other get goes into service and paying workers. If i multiple by 10, now he has 20 billion. But he still have to pay same people 2 billion that he was paying before. Now he has 18 billion yed free to use.

The reason why all the 10 state need to be part of it is. some of the things that you may need to carry effective govt, is in another state. Or raw material that the industries need is within the other 10 states. So they would be cheaper for them.

It makes the govt of the states look rich to be able to carry out project.
Re: Bank Of Oduduwa Introduce New Currency Certificate by tkb417(m): 5:27pm On Oct 14, 2010
u dey confuse me big time
Re: Bank Of Oduduwa Introduce New Currency Certificate by becomrich13: 5:31pm On Oct 14, 2010
I am not, you are. If fashola brings 10 billion naira. He get 100 billion. Remember. fashola was paying teacher and others monthly with 10 billion. Now he would still be paying them 10 billion yed. While he would have 90 billion yed for development. Service have not change.
Re: Bank Of Oduduwa Introduce New Currency Certificate by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 14, 2010
becomrich: link=topic=530074.msg6940209#msg6940209 date=1287072499]
The truth is the satellite pictures shows nigeria economy would crash. And the only way, we can protect the business in Yorubaland,edo,delta is to create a shield against the naira.

It is like having a wall between the naira and the Yoruba,edo,delta economy. So if the nigeria economy crash , it would not affect all the business. You see if the naira crash, the nigeria economy crash. but if we use gift certificate since nigeria govt would not allow for a currency. we regulate the gift certificate. We want something independent of the naira.

The nigeria economy would crash. even if the nigeria economy crash , we want to be protected from the naira.

You see another advantage is, when you look at the money , they recieve from nigeria govt. with the gift cerficate, if Oyo state brings the money to our bank. Let say oyo state bring 2 billion, we give oyo state 10 times. 20 billion yed. But when a man brings same 2 billion. we give him 2.2 billion.  either akwa ibom or rivers is collecting billion make no different anymore.

Now you see Oyo state has an advantage. Now he can build facilities. But with 2 billion. He cant do anything.  Oyo state  or lagos pays people for services.
Only one state can not do it alone. We need all the 10 states. And This is why I need thier help.

in eko, they say owo eko , lo fi se ko , la lajo. ko ni je ki wo ma gbe owo wa lo si ile won. it would bring development. For it to work, i need the support of the 10 states.
Where is the map ?
Re: Bank Of Oduduwa Introduce New Currency Certificate by tkb417(m): 5:45pm On Oct 14, 2010
becomrich: link=topic=530074.msg6940372#msg6940372 date=1287073873]
I am not, you are. If fashola brings 10 billion naira. He get 100 billion. Remember. fashola was paying teacher and others monthly with 10 billion. Now he would still be paying them 10 billion yed. While he would have 90 billion yed for development. Service have not change.

Ok, i agree, im not smart.   .   .   . lemme try another one

if Fashola substitutes Naira with YED and pays me 25,000 YED at the end of the month and i want to fly Virgin to Kuala Lumpur at the end of the month, what do i pay Virgin?

Note, i dont have Naira again and i cannot change YED to dollars.

Im sure you know no right thinking private company will change my YED for naira

so what do i do? ask Fashola for his private Jet or what?
Re: Bank Of Oduduwa Introduce New Currency Certificate by becomrich13: 5:56pm On Oct 14, 2010
what percentage of our people do that less .01%. they should care about local economy and not someone who want to take luxury trip around the world.

Do you think Canada govt care how much I pay to come to africa. ? that my business.
Re: Bank Of Oduduwa Introduce New Currency Certificate by tkb417(m): 6:09pm On Oct 14, 2010
yeepa!!!

so, its my business ehn? so i wont be able to pay for my childrens school fees abroad, i wont be able to go for trainings abroad and i wont be able to transact business even in Abuja

ure wicked grin grin grin grin grin

what useless system do u wanna run that would isolate me from other markets around me?

u must think we are in China
Re: Bank Of Oduduwa Introduce New Currency Certificate by becomrich13: 6:46pm On Oct 14, 2010
while would your child want to go to school abroad, if you can have good school in nigeria. If the lagos govt have money. Do you see american sending thier children to Nigeria schools? no.
Re: Bank Of Oduduwa Introduce New Currency Certificate by suxes2005(m): 6:52pm On Oct 14, 2010
ride on bro

SHALOM
Re: Bank Of Oduduwa Introduce New Currency Certificate by tkb417(m): 8:44pm On Oct 14, 2010
Yeah, there are foreign kids in Nigerian schools.

So what are u saying?
Re: Bank Of Oduduwa Introduce New Currency Certificate by Beaf: 9:04pm On Oct 14, 2010
becomerich: Beaf go and ask Ojukwu the biafra president if he has not seen Gelede in Yorubaland. He use to live in Lagos.

Who told you I have access to Ojukwu? But I'm sure your sisters brothers friend daddy would have been Ojukwu's schoolmate? grin
You have really been misfiring in embarrassing ways since you stopped posting maps, abi your satellite don crash?
I'm sure you know it is a sin not to post maps to warn people of 15,000,000 deaths.

Anyways NLer's, who knows where this Oduduwa Bank is? We need to uproot the foundations, and troway di tin go Benin Republic! grin
Re: Bank Of Oduduwa Introduce New Currency Certificate by JudgeDredd: 9:06pm On Oct 14, 2010
becomrich: link=topic=530074.msg6940810#msg6940810 date=1287078390]
while would your child want to go to school abroad, if you can have good school in nigeria. If the lagos govt have money. Do you see american sending thier children to Nigeria schools? no.

A wise man would always make sense outta every situation. Those who have ears let them hear.
Becomerich might not have the sharpest brain on here but he's got the interest of his people @ heart and a genuine desire to advance his people's lot , which is much more than can be said for a lot of peeps on here.

It all starts with what u conceive in the mind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

EFCC Raids Namadi Sambo’s Office / Remains Of Soldiers Killed In Okuoma Arrive In Abuja For Burial (Photos) / Goodluck Jonathan With Reno Omokri's Twin Sons (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.