Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,078 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Abuja Bomb Blasts: Dokpesi Sues Sss - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja Bomb Blasts: Dokpesi Sues Sss (3629 Views)

N2.1bn Arms Money Scandal: What I Know About EFCC Probe Of Dokpesi — Lawyer / Hezebolah Terrorist Sues SSS 50 Billion Naira 4 Unlawful Detention Without Tria / Dokpesi Arrested For Abuja Bomb Blast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja Bomb Blasts: Dokpesi Sues Sss by Hardtalk: 6:26am On Oct 12, 2010
Blasts: Dokpesi sues SSS
NewsOct 12, 2010
By Ise-Oluwa Ige

ABUJA—CHIEF Raymond Dokpesi, the embattled Director-General of Gen. Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida’s 2011 Presidential Campaign, yesterday, visited a Federal High Court sitting in Maitama for reasons he refused to disclose to newsmen.

He was, however, in court, yesterday, with two pupils from the Chambers of former Attorney-General of the Federation, Chief Kanu Agabi, SAN.
The lawyers were clutching a file containing processes which Vanguard suspected Dokpesi had come to file in court.
He was at the registry of the high court for more than one hour yesterday.

A staff of the registry who preferred anonymity told Vanguard that Dokpesi was in court to file an application for enforcement of his fundamental human rights against the State Security Service, SSS.
Further harassments

The source said he wanted an order barring men of the SSS from further harassing, arresting or detaining him in connection with the two bombs that went off in Abuja on October 1, 2010 which claimed more than 10 lives.

He said he was not sure whether he was claiming any damages against the SSS over his earlier arrest, interrogation and detention. The source said he would suggest that the processes be got to confirm the details of his reliefs in court.
But attempts to get confirmation from Dokpesi on what exactly he came to do in court proved abortive.

For instance, when he came out of a registry room on the third floor of the high court complex where he spent almost one hour with the two lawyers from Chief Agabi’s chambers at 11:18 a.m and headed for a rest room on the first floor of the complex, journalists followed him but he refused to talk to them on his mission.
He was only smiling and shaking hands with them.

As he would not talk on his mission, journalists asked him to expatiate on the chat he had with newsmen at the weekend on what he knew about the October 1, bomb blast, Dokpesi smiled and said “thank you”.

All other questions asked by the newsmen while following him from the first floor of the high court complex to the open park where his black Toyota Land_cruiser jeep with registration number CB 372 KTU, was parked were answered with “thank you.”

He drove out of the high court premises at 11: 26 a.m. The two lawyers accompanying him later came out. They were clutching a case file.
They confirmed that they wanted to file a case for Dokpesi but they said that they would not talk about it until it was filed.
They told newsmen that they would come back but they did not.

Attempts to get the facts of the case from the Chief Kanu Agabi’s chambers also was futile.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/10/blasts-dokpesi-sues-sss/
Re: Abuja Bomb Blasts: Dokpesi Sues Sss by selingel: 6:40am On Oct 12, 2010
Mr. Dokpesi, go home and rest. It is a mere fruitless effort.
Re: Abuja Bomb Blasts: Dokpesi Sues Sss by icare1: 8:10am On Oct 12, 2010
there is nothing fruitless in a purpose - to clear his name. some nigerians still believe he is a culprit.
the court is his only hope to do that not in the newspapers.
Re: Abuja Bomb Blasts: Dokpesi Sues Sss by Olaolufred(m): 9:49am On Oct 12, 2010
Dokpesi is Innocent until found culpable or guilty.

He is only on the scene to verify whether true or not the hints that involves him in the case.

Going to court is for what? to get an injuction stopping his Investigation?

I think he should have waited a bit for the Investigation to be completed (by CIA,M15 and Interpol).

Then, he can sue Nigeria, CJ and GEJ for defarmation of character.

But, come to think of it this way, Is it illegal to invite a citizen for interogation when security traces a link that could make his words helpful in such investigations?

For Instance, I had been called by Police for a statement on a case of Bush Burning before.
But I went home when no evidence prooved my involvement.

If we are to be fair to ourselves, Dokpesi is still as Innocent as many Nigerians in this case.

If another hint showed I communicted a suspect 40 times within few days to the bomb, I may also be questioned.

What is Important is the truth to say, Dokpesi is not involved or Dokpesi is Involved. Let us wait for the result of Internation Investigators.
Re: Abuja Bomb Blasts: Dokpesi Sues Sss by Ourturn(m): 11:20am On Oct 12, 2010
To my knowledge, no one has pronounced him guilty, except Nigerian security agencies and perhaps government.
Re: Abuja Bomb Blasts: Dokpesi Sues Sss by Youngichou(m): 12:43pm On Oct 12, 2010
I dont know why dokpesi should be acting like an illiterate, do he wants to tell us that he dont know that in nigeria suein of governmental bodies is absolute crap. For godsake nigeria is corrupt very corrupt. Of which am not proud to be call one.
Re: Abuja Bomb Blasts: Dokpesi Sues Sss by bisiaet: 12:44pm On Oct 12, 2010
To my knowledge, no one has pronounced him guilty, except Nigerian security agencies and perhaps government.

I dont get you right.

Has anyone ever pronounced him guilty? Or has any one ever say yeah it was Dokpesi who mastermind the bombing? Or has government in any way say oh is Raymond who did it?
Deos calling someone for a questioning and probably detained means Guilty I need to check this with legal practioners because the quote on top is confusing me.
Re: Abuja Bomb Blasts: Dokpesi Sues Sss by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 12, 2010
defamation of character - the SSS have announce publicly that they are investigating dokpesi in connection with the bomb blasts. his personal business texts have been circulated

this is enough grounds - sullying of reputation, loss of future revenue due to same,

the SSS should stop thinking they are in nazi germany
Re: Abuja Bomb Blasts: Dokpesi Sues Sss by sayso: 1:05pm On Oct 12, 2010
newspaper selling their stuff.business is good in this country,I have to get mine
Re: Abuja Bomb Blasts: Dokpesi Sues Sss by nairapark: 2:41pm On Oct 12, 2010
Dokpesi has the right to clear his name if he actually knows nothing about the bomb blast.
Re: Abuja Bomb Blasts: Dokpesi Sues Sss by bjcisse: 3:01pm On Oct 12, 2010
Very funny country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Vote Nuhu Ribadu for President 2011
Re: Abuja Bomb Blasts: Dokpesi Sues Sss by md4real(m): 3:12pm On Oct 12, 2010
bjcisse:

Very funny country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Vote Nuhu Ribadu for President 2011

this country is very funny indeed especially with your likes. vote ribadu for what? to continue as Obasanjo stoge in selective justice? i beg park well
Re: Abuja Bomb Blasts: Dokpesi Sues Sss by samcc30(m): 3:14pm On Oct 12, 2010
kai this guy don hammer, now people in the house go say na government guilty make him demand for any amount him like they will back it up and give them their share after collecting the money .
  please Dokpesi dont 4get me too if u win the case
Re: Abuja Bomb Blasts: Dokpesi Sues Sss by apasico(m): 3:28pm On Oct 12, 2010
Nobody has said Dokpesi is guilty, he was called for question based on the text messages they saw on the phones of the arrested suspects which is a fact. And in his press statement he admitted knowing the guys, but said not on the bomb issue. he further explained how he knew the guys and said the money in question from the text message was money for IBB office in Bayelsa state. So what wrong did the SSS commit that he wants to go to court for.

In fact from his statement that the first day  the group met him, that they were stranded after paying 1m naira for adverts and other stuffs and they had no transport to go back, that he then gave them 500k. How can you give a group you are meeting for the first time 500k and a group that has just spent 1m naira to pay AIT on adverts and other stuff. to me that state is suspecting.

Dokpesi, relax and wait for the SSS to finish their investigation and declare you free, you are trying to run away, but it will not work.

This is how Ibru also went to court to stop the EFCC from arresting her, but look at what later happened. That is how Odili has been also saved by court order too. The system is corrupt, and that is how Dokpesi want to follow, but it will not work, because this is an International Issue.
Re: Abuja Bomb Blasts: Dokpesi Sues Sss by Kobojunkie: 3:34pm On Oct 12, 2010
oyb:

defamation of character - the SSS have announce publicly that they are investigating dokpesi in connection with the bomb blasts. his personal business texts have been circulated

this is enough grounds - sullying of reputation, loss of future revenue due to same,

I agree cause from the claims made so far by the so called SSS, it will be hard for this man to distance himself from this incident even if he the SSS decides to drop him off the list of suspects at the end of the day.
Re: Abuja Bomb Blasts: Dokpesi Sues Sss by orangemen: 3:57pm On Oct 12, 2010
last time it was this same sss that went and destroyed his offices and beat up his staff for airing the life coverage of 3rd term agenda in the house.
it is time these useless sss know their limits.
it is always the script of obasanjo that these radicals play out.
shame on this meaningless country called nigeria.
we all know that the crime of this man is excercising his rights to vote and be voted for.
Re: Abuja Bomb Blasts: Dokpesi Sues Sss by namdo(m): 4:25pm On Oct 12, 2010
if there are further evidences pointing to Dokpesi's involvement, i pitty him in this one but if not, great for we are in a 'democracy' and rule of law.
Re: Abuja Bomb Blasts: Dokpesi Sues Sss by OAM4J: 4:38pm On Oct 12, 2010
oyb:

I disagree with you. Since when is announcing to the public that someone is being investigated amounted to defamation of character especially when there are reasons warranting such investigation?

Except he can prove that those suspicious text messages were fabricated and his connection to the main suspects are also fake, else he has some explanations to make.

Though I am not against his going to court to enforce his fundamental human rights and to ensure that SSS follows due process. But he cannot stop SSS from doing their job, i.e investigating all the suspects.
Re: Abuja Bomb Blasts: Dokpesi Sues Sss by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 12, 2010
Dokpesi's actions are are giving him away. Too bad no court will stop him from beign investigated. The SSS have even been kind enough to grant him bail as the other suspects were taken to court so they could be remanded in custody. Too sad.

[size=20pt]He's acting suspicious[/size]
Re: Abuja Bomb Blasts: Dokpesi Sues Sss by Kobojunkie: 5:10pm On Oct 12, 2010
OAM4J:

I disagree with you. Since when is announcing to the public that someone is being investigated amounted to defamation of character especially when there are reasons warranting such investigation?

Except he can prove that those suspicious text messages were fabricated and his connection to the main suspects are also fake, else he has some explanations to make.

Though I am not against his going to court to enforce his fundamental human rights and to ensure that SSS follows due process. But he cannot stop SSS from doing their job, i.e investigating all the suspects.

The text messages are YET to be linked directly to him. There are yet no direct connections to him and the main suspects.

I don't think the case is to STOP the SSS from doing their job but it's only been a week and the damage done is hard to deny. It is hard to imagine Dokpesi being innocent, considering all the hints from the SSS in the media.
Re: Abuja Bomb Blasts: Dokpesi Sues Sss by Beaf: 5:24pm On Oct 12, 2010
namdo:

if there are further evidences pointing to Dokpesi's involvement, i pitty him in this one but if not, great for we are in a 'democracy' and rule of law.

There is also the money transfer angle between Nigeria and SA, and if he took trips to SA. As for the phone calls, the SSS is pretty categorical that they have their man;

Asked if information obtained from Dokpesi were enough to indict him, the security source said "we have obtained his cell phone records which showed his communication with the detained suspects and he has equally giving us useful information so we can run with that for now while we continue investigations.

http://www.pointblanknews.com/News/os4001.html

Dokpesi's going to court at this time is more of an act of desperation.
Re: Abuja Bomb Blasts: Dokpesi Sues Sss by mrofficial(m): 5:46pm On Oct 12, 2010
md4real:

this country is very funny indeed especially with your likes. vote ribadu for what? to continue as Obasanjo stoge in selective justice? i beg park well

And who is Goodluck gridlock to OBJ?
Re: Abuja Bomb Blasts: Dokpesi Sues Sss by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 12, 2010
Beaf:

There is also the money transfer angle between Nigeria and SA, and if he took trips to SA. As for the phone calls, the SSS is pretty categorical that they have their man;

inspector beaf strikes again - the master of conjecture , circumstantial evidence  and waterflooded cases

the last time  i checked transferring money between countries is not evidence of anything, other than business dealings.

also, having connections with suspects dos not indicate anything either

if the sanusi you love to hate thought like you, he would have had the entire senior mgt of oceanic bank arrested - after all, they all must have called/texted Cecilia at some point
Re: Abuja Bomb Blasts: Dokpesi Sues Sss by zuala(m): 5:53pm On Oct 12, 2010
doks, ibb will never b a president. stop nonesense
Re: Abuja Bomb Blasts: Dokpesi Sues Sss by Beaf: 5:57pm On Oct 12, 2010
oyb:

inspector beaf strikes again - the master of conjecture , circumstantial evidence and waterflooded cases

the last time i checked transferring money between countries is not evidence of anything, other than business dealings.

also, having connections with suspects dos not indicate anything either

if the sanusi you love to hate thought like you, he would have had the entire senior mgt of oceanic bank arrested - after all, they all must have called/texted Cecilia at some point

Are you on drugs? What has Sanusi got to do with Dokpesi or the Independence Bomb Blast? You need a medical checkup.
Re: Abuja Bomb Blasts: Dokpesi Sues Sss by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 12, 2010
Beaf:

Are you on drugs? What has Sanusi got to do with Dokpesi or the Independence Bomb Blast? You need a medical checkup.

i like the new beaf . he has been cowed somewhat cheesy cheesy

though he still shows his inability to comprehend - some things cannot change

our very own almustapha , arguing over nigeria's security
Re: Abuja Bomb Blasts: Dokpesi Sues Sss by snakova(m): 6:05pm On Oct 12, 2010
that your point blank news is full of horse sh*t.
@oyb
dont mind him, this faeb/beaf is a real illitrate. He doesnt understand english i.e. figures of speech.
Re: Abuja Bomb Blasts: Dokpesi Sues Sss by Beaf: 6:17pm On Oct 12, 2010
snakova:

that your point blank news is full of horse excreta.
@oyb
dont mind him, this faeb/beaf is a real illitrate. He doesnt understand english i.e. figures of speech.

And your obvious !diocy absolves Dokpesi?
For someone like you who "understands" English, the bolded is a real rattler! grin grin grin grin
Re: Abuja Bomb Blasts: Dokpesi Sues Sss by Beaf: 6:21pm On Oct 12, 2010
oyb:

i like the new beaf . he has been cowed somewhat cheesy cheesy

though he still shows his inability to comprehend - some things cannot change

our very own almustapha , arguing over nigeria's security

I see you have no point as usual, but to follow around like a demented puppy. Do you actually have zero to contribute other than comment on me? I've told you numerous times, that while you follow my every word on NL like I'm your god; I don't give a fck about you.

Contribute to the topic or buzz off. Unhealthy, stalking oaf.
Re: Abuja Bomb Blasts: Dokpesi Sues Sss by bobothem(m): 6:35pm On Oct 12, 2010
Dokpesi compromised himself and AIT the moment he accepted to be IBB campaign's manager.Now AIT is no longer objective.they have become IBB TV
Re: Abuja Bomb Blasts: Dokpesi Sues Sss by ibabalol: 6:44pm On Oct 12, 2010
i hope he wins
Re: Abuja Bomb Blasts: Dokpesi Sues Sss by payan(m): 6:56pm On Oct 12, 2010

when shall we be frank with ourselves in this nation. SSS suspected him and they are investigating the case.is there any defamation of charater in that?  God forbid. You just return home from office and find ur only child in the pool of blood in ur sitting room. you cry out  forthe help of your neighbour and they just informed you that some one was arrested with gun infront of your house not up to 5 minutes past. Do you have any reason to suspect that the fellow is the murderer of your child? Perhab after aressting this suspected murderer ,you discover that there is txt msg frm a close friend of yours in his handset saying "you must carry out the assignment today" will you still think that that ur friend is involved in that act? Is Dokpesi the only person in whatsoever group he is? why others are not suspected? nobody is saying he is involved or not involved, but he has to wait for the result of the investigation. and he must understand that the issue at hand is beyond local political riot that can be manipulated, it is truely int'l. i would advise the gentle man to relax his mind provided that he is truely not involved, otherwise he might not find it easy at the end of the day

(1) (2) (Reply)

South African Presidential Compound- See Pic! / Thread For Ogun State People / PDP Supporters Begging For Corn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.