Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,306 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island (30953 Views)

Ogun Set To Host ₦‎3 Billion Refinery In Tongeji Island / Why Is Nigeria Paranoid About Benin Republic Taking Tongeji Island? / Oil Rich Tongeji Island In Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by Greatfuse: 6:27pm On Jul 15, 2019
search bestie bet on telegram for carefully selected daily 3 odds
Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by lexy2014: 6:28pm On Jul 15, 2019
Blue3k:

Its funny how these people are suddenly a priority because of oil. They been ignored four years by the state abd federal government unless there's elections. Im guessing the governor is subtly alluding to Bakassi situation. Anyway lets hope the search produces positive results for everyone involved.

Facts about the island:
Only 1 dilapidated school that serves primary 1-6.
Expecting mothers deliver babies in Benin Republic.
No acess roads
No electricity
No market

Update: Unlimitk

Exactly. U are spot on. People of Nigeria should continue to suffer in their squalor & govt neglect if they don't have mineral resources. Even d mineral resources isn't a guarantee of a better life for those people. Things might even get worse cos d govt isn't interested in d welfare of d people right from d start

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by King44(m): 6:28pm On Jul 15, 2019
Blue3k:

Source: https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/07/15/ogun-gov-we-wont-allow-benin-republic-to-take-oil-rich-tongeji-island/

this is how Cameroon took one of Nigerians oil reserves a long time ago, I am assuring if care is not taken they will loose these Nig gvt is always careless

Why won't Togo woo them, the people there does not feel the presence of gvt and you think they won't go with togo, if the oil is why Ogun gvt suddenly become interested in their land my advice to them is that go with Togo, Togo would value you more

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by patorial(m): 6:30pm On Jul 15, 2019
Kxyz:
I am starting to think oil is a curse to Nigeria.... When ''all" other countries are trying to run away from oil , we are busy fighting for something that wouldn't be needed in 10 years time

Oga even if the develop countries are running away from oil, the black African nations I know will never do so till 5019

1 Like

Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by majamajic(m): 6:30pm On Jul 15, 2019
Ogun state government should give the island to herdsmen for grazing , with that way Naija will secure the land

1 Like

Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by King44(m): 6:31pm On Jul 15, 2019
amaniro:
I think this kind of fight is not meant for state Government. It is at this point the federal Government should step in, not state government.
fed what? do we still have govt at the fed level in this country?

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by technicallyrich(m): 6:35pm On Jul 15, 2019
Pepperoniq:
Never knew that Ogun state has Oil. . Will that Island generate enough revenue to our GDP? Current Affairs Interview question. Noted in my diary session
why are you programing your mind for interview just to work for someone else. Why not set compass and be your own boss. Just saying
Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by Dareal90s(m): 6:36pm On Jul 15, 2019
cosef:
Tungeji doesn't even sound Yoruba. Don't take people's land due to greed. If it's not yours, it's not yours.
So Banana Island sounds like Yoruba or Festac Town?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 15, 2019
The name of the place no resemble yoruba name sef. Lool. Dont drag land that is not your own ohh. Hmm

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by nnokwa042(m): 6:37pm On Jul 15, 2019
Bia bia Mr governor if France flog you there we no go put mouth ooh ,all the land use fees wey companies wey full sango otta dey pay ogun state every month una never use am stop all skull minings in ogun state now you wan drag land with Benin republic because of oil , by the time they seize more land your eyes go clear angry shebi your brother's say oil is nothing again

4 Likes

Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by 9jaRealist: 6:37pm On Jul 15, 2019
Kxyz:
I am starting to think oil is a curse to Nigeria.... When ''all" other countries are trying to run away from oil , we are busy fighting for something that wouldn't be needed in 10 years time

Even presuming your premise is valid, we could still use those resources for 10 years...
It doesn’t take up to 10 years to build schools and hospitals, educate/upskill people and catalyze development.

Nonetheless, any notion that “other countries are trying to run away from oil” is grossly inaccurate...
Industrialized oil-rich Norway recently awarded its most-ever exploration licenses, while other countries are jostling over Arctic reserves.
>

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by DameB(f): 6:37pm On Jul 15, 2019
RTSC:
I don't understand.
How can an another country try to lure citizens from another country?

Is there nothing like boundary?

How did those from Mali, Niger and Chad get into Nigeria to start banditry?

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 15, 2019
The greatest asset a country has is not natural resources but human resources. Human resources would include the optimum output of individuals that constitute a country.

This output clearly connotes intelligence, innovation, education and altruism (lack of greed). Once these things are found wanting, the country is bound to fail no matter its diversity of natural resources.

With her oil, Nigeria is the poorest country in the world, so why do you think more oil will solve the problem?

Our leaders along with their followers are a true and classic definition of fools. You keep chasing more oil and more oil? Wasting money in explorations instead of tackling the roots of corruption and illiteracy strongly rooted in its foundations.

You keep chasing more oil while the average northerner comes from a family of 10, his mother wedded at the age of 13, and he too will likely marry 3-4 wives (as per religious and cultural sentiments). Or wait, are Nigerians still this stupiid?

Natural resources are but a bonus to modern and truly wealthy countries. If all Nigerians went to America and all Americans came here, Nigeria would be the next America and America, the next Nigeria.

The problem is the people. Think.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by hardbody: 6:41pm On Jul 15, 2019
Blue3k:

Its funny how these people are suddenly a priority because of oil. They been ignored four years by the state abd federal government unless there's elections. Im guessing the governor is subtly alluding to Bakassi situation. Anyway lets hope the search produces positive results for everyone involved.

Facts about the island:
Only 1 dilapidated school that serves primary 1-6.
Expecting mothers deliver babies in Benin Republic.
No acess roads
No electricity
No market

Update: Unlimitk

If what you have stated up there is true, then there should be a referendum to enable the people decide where they want to be. I mean how can the people access health facility from Benin Republic and you suddenly wake up to their acquisition just because of oil deposits. The mere thought of that justification insults the sensibilities of right thinking men and women. It is the same with Bakassi. No body cared about them until Cameroun showed interest, then a local government was quickly built there and some government presence started being felt. In the final analysis, should Benin Republic show interest, Nigerians should ensure they do not submit to the ICJ. It is the same mistake that led us into losing Bakassi. We should not submit to the jurisdiction of the ICJ in determining ownership. I have said my own finish
Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 15, 2019
Chiedu4Trump:

Na so dem give away Biafra land to Cameroon to spite Biafrans
you useless slaves believe the world revolves around you. I didn’t eat last night to spite Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by APOSTLECHUMA: 6:42pm On Jul 15, 2019
cosef:
Tungeji doesn't even sound Yoruba. Don't take people's land due to greed. If it's not yours, it's not yours.
EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED TO COMMENT MY BRO. I LIVED IN COTONOU FOR 2YEARS AND THEY HAVE A LOT OF COMMUNITIES WITH NAMES THAT ENDED WIT "JI" LIKE ILACONJI. THE PLACE BELONGS TO BENIN REPUBLIC AND THIS WILL NOT BE THE FIRST TIME NIGERIA IS STEALING THEIR LAND BECAUSE OF OIL. IT WAS BEFORE MY EYES THAT NIGERIA SHIFTED IT'S BORDER IN SEME ACROSS THE NO MAN'S LAND AREA OF THE BORDER INTO BENIN REPUBLIC,TO STEAL THE OIL THAT WAS DISCOVERED THERE. USELESS BIG FOR NOTHING FAILED STATE-NIGERIA,STEALING FROM SMALL BENIN REPUBLIC.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by YourNemesis: 6:42pm On Jul 15, 2019
cosef:

You are just a mumu. Does Badagry or Papalanto sound Yoruba?

5 Likes

Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by lunacol(m): 6:43pm On Jul 15, 2019
Bakasi Peninsula lost.Will Tongeji island also be lost.Time will tell.
Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by Akagbe(m): 6:44pm On Jul 15, 2019
how did it concerns me
Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by hardbody: 6:45pm On Jul 15, 2019
Ipokia - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ipokia
Ipokia is a Local Government Area in the west of Ogun State, Nigeria bordering the Republic of Benin. Its headquarters is Ipokia town. There are other towns like Idiroko, Oniro, Ita Egbe, Ihunbo, Agosasa, Aseko, Maun, Koko, Iropo, Alaari, Tube, Ilashe, Ifonyintedo, Madoga, Ijofin and Tongeji in the town of Ipokia at6°32′00″N ... There is large and commercial deposit of crude oil ...
3-digit postal code prefix‎: ‎111 Country‎: ‎Nigeria
ISO 3166 code‎: ‎NG.OG.IP

6 Likes

Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by ZiggyMr(m): 6:47pm On Jul 15, 2019
APOSTLECHUMA:
EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED TO COMMENT MY BRO. I LIVED IN COTONOU FOR 2YEARS AND THEY HAVE A LOT OF COMMUNITIES THAT ENDED WIT "JI" LIKE ILACONJI. THE PLACE BELONGS TO BENIN REPUBLIC AND THIS WILL NOT BE THE FIRST FIRST TIME NIGERIA IS STEALING THE LAND BECAUSE OF OIL.

Must it sound Yoruba? What if they are egun or ipokia people

7 Likes

Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by augustab(f): 6:51pm On Jul 15, 2019
Kxyz:
When i saw the thread i was like oil again
Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by APOSTLECHUMA: 6:52pm On Jul 15, 2019
IT WAS BEFORE MY EYES WHEN I WAS LIVING IN COTONOU THAT NIGERIA SHIFTED IT'S SEME BORDER ACROSS THE NO MAN'S LAND OF THE BORDER INTO BENIN REPUBLIC TO STEAL THE OIL THAT WAS DISCOVERED AROUND THAT BORDER. THERE ARE MANY COMMUNITIES IN BENIN THAT THEIR NAMES ENDED WIT "JI" LIKE ILACONJI AND THAT PLACE DOESNT BELONG TO BIG FOR NOTHING FAILED STATE LIKE NIGERIA.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by timay(m): 6:56pm On Jul 15, 2019
APOSTLECHUMA:
EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED TO COMMENT MY BRO. I LIVED IN COTONOU FOR 2YEARS AND THEY HAVE A LOT OF COMMUNITIES THAT ENDED WIT "JI" LIKE ILACONJI. THE PLACE BELONGS TO BENIN REPUBLIC AND THIS WILL NOT BE THE FIRST FIRST TIME NIGERIA IS STEALING THE LAND BECAUSE OF OIL.
The name doesn't sound Yoruba because it is not Yoruba. The name is in Egun language.

You people should get enlightened, as there are also other minority ethnic groups in South West. Not everyone in South West is Yoruba.

Egun people of Ogun state are located predominantly in Ipokia local government. When you get to that local govt, the names of the towns there are not Yoruba names.

Thank you

7 Likes

Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by YourNemesis: 6:57pm On Jul 15, 2019
APOSTLECHUMA:

So if Benin Republic wants to take One tiny island in Ipokia called Tongeji because the name sounds like one of theirs, what will happen if Nigeria starts with Ketu, Shabe, Dassa, Bante, Pobe, Sakete, Tchaourou, Ipinle and literally hundreds of Yoruba towns in Benin, ow much land will that country have left?
Some tribes in Africa are Trans-national, don't be unfortunate this evening.
Tongeji is Nigeria.. The Ogun state government is not stupid, they know were the national boundaries are.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by Chiedu4Trump: 6:58pm On Jul 15, 2019
schoolboij:
you useless slaves believe the world revolves around you. I didn’t eat last night to spite Biafra.

A Slave is bought & sold,as you know Biafrans cannot be sold.

You are a slave owned,not relevant.

PARASITIC IN NATURE

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by timay(m): 6:59pm On Jul 15, 2019
YourNemesis:

So if Benin Republic wants to take One tiny island in Ipokia called Tongeji because the name sounds like one of theirs, what will happen if Nigeria starts with Ketu, Shabe, Dassa, Bante, Pobe, Sakete, Tchaourou and literally hundreds of Yoruba towns in Benin?
Some tribes in Africa are Trans-national, don't be unfortunate this evening.
Tongeji is Nigeria.. The Ogun state government is not stupid, they know were the national borders are.

No mind the guy with his brainless analogy

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by ORIENTATION101: 7:01pm On Jul 15, 2019
APOSTLECHUMA:
IT WAS BEFORE MY EYES WHEN I WAS LIVING IN COTONOU THAT NIGERIA SHIFTED IT'S SEME BORDER ACROSS THE NO MAN'S LAND OF THE BORDER INTO BENIN REPUBLIC TO STEAL THE OIL THAT WAS DISCOVERED AROUND THAT BORDER. THERE ARE MANY COMMUNITIES IN BENIN THAT THEIR NAMES ENDED WIT "JI" LIKE ILACONJI AND THAT PLACE DOESNT BELONG TO BIG FOR NOTHING FAILED STATE LIKE NIGERIA.
The toungeji island is captured and under ipokia local government Ogun state .you can kill yaaself

Does Badagry sound yoruba to you next time use ur sense
If Benin owns it they should head to court instead of trying to lure the people to join benin

4 Likes

Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by sammirano: 7:03pm On Jul 15, 2019
amaniro:
I think this kind of fight is not meant for state Government. It is at this point the federal Government should step in, not state government.

And when the fg is sleeping nko?
Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by Jetrue3oo: 7:03pm On Jul 15, 2019
thunder go kill those wey sell bakasi to cameroun and also punish their children children. Amen

1 Like

Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by don4real18(m): 7:04pm On Jul 15, 2019
Luvinghubby:
This is a Federal issue and Boundary Commission need to act fast before we experience another Bakassi issue, France always backs there former colonies when it comes to crude oil.
The question is would the governor have shown interest if there was no oil deposit there. Am sure the indegenes there lack basic amenities.
Yes, they lack basic amenities.
Healthcare=0
Road=0
Clean Water=0
Education= 0.5 Just a pry school which is in a bad condition

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rumbling In APC Over 2023 Presidential Ticket / New Interchange In Oshodi Lagos– Ambode (Picture) / Yemisi Haleemat Busari Reacts To Her Appointment As Jimi Agbaje Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.