Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,138 members, 7,835,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island (30944 Views)

Ogun Set To Host ₦‎3 Billion Refinery In Tongeji Island / Why Is Nigeria Paranoid About Benin Republic Taking Tongeji Island? / Oil Rich Tongeji Island In Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by RTSC: 9:42pm On Jul 15, 2019
ritababe:
tell me more about this seme and how Nigeria shifted their border without causing war
Their economy depends on Nigeria.
It is in their interest to keep shut or we will shut the borders.
Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by BigBrother9ja: 9:47pm On Jul 15, 2019
[s]
alphaNomega:

Bakassi never belonged to Nigeria. It has always been a part of Cameroon ever since the Germans colonised that area. The surveyor general's map used at the time was presented as evidence.

A bit of history from post world war 1 up to the Nigerian Civil war will give the gist of what happened. Unfortunately history is no longer taught in our schools so I cannot blame you.

A court judgement from the ICJ has ordered Nigeria to clear off the region.

THIS IS ONE OF THE WAYS WE CAN TELL YOU KIDS THE TRUTH SO YOU DO NOT EMBARRASS US MORE THAN OUR FATHERS HAVE IN THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY.

Bonus: Mr. chiedu4trump it was not to spite Biafra as your parents erroneously told you. Let me try to summarise it for you. During the civil war, Cameroun came for their land (Bakassi peninsula), Gowon who was the military head of state at the time told Cameroun to "hold on" because as they can see Nigeria is distracted by a civil war. Let us share this territory into 2 for now, and after the war we sit down and negotiate.

Of course you know the events after the war and how Gowon fared. The problem is that the Nigerian government has invested so much in that region and was unwilling to let go. Our dubious, ill-informed lawyers took the matter to the International Court of Justice without doing their homework. If they did, they would know that Nigeria never really owned Bakassi.

Maybe they did but decided to make Nigeria pay them huge sums of money in legal fees knowing that they will loose the case anyway and still get paid. You know how Nigerians think.
[/s]
Rubbish!
Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by YourNemesis: 10:08pm On Jul 15, 2019
RTSC:

Unless you are from Benin republic, then you are nuts.
Do you know the value Of land?
Do you know how much land America, Russia and China have stolen?..
Russia recently invaded Ukraine and stole land. China is busying claiming sea as their own and building artificial islands.
Are they also big for nothing?

Nigeria is a highly populous country. We need land.

Extending our territory is one of the most patriotic thing any Nigerian leader can do.

The only patriotic thing buhari has done was to extend our maritime territory in the gulf of Guinea.

Some people in Nigeria, especially the little kids among them on this Nairaland are so stoopid that they think always attacking anything Nigeria makes them somehow sound smart or intelligent.
You will see them supporting sheer stupid causes because they feel they have an opinion.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by ofwest47(m): 10:09pm On Jul 15, 2019
Ogun state should ask the Federal government to take immediate action to prevent another Bakhasi issue
Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by Blue3k(m): 10:26pm On Jul 15, 2019
alphaNomega:

Thank you for this submission. Gradually we should separate these beer parlour gists from the real happenings

This why history class is important. You see too many adults telling tall tales. Am sure you see people in mentions arguing bakkasi situation even though its throughly documented. If you were ask them cite source it will turn into mission impossible.
Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by DateMynd44(m): 10:28pm On Jul 15, 2019
Blue3k:

He was interested in this issue so just let him know update to story. You can see his thread in related uf you're interested.

Oil Rich Tongeji Island In Ogun State
yeah I actually came across this unknown island thru unlimitk's topic
Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by amaniro: 10:35pm On Jul 15, 2019
LLMG:
So it can be easily given to Benin republic,

Nope but state government is not set up for that kind of situation
Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by joinnow: 11:35pm On Jul 15, 2019
Blue3k:

Its funny how these people are suddenly a priority because of oil. They been ignored four years by the state abd federal government unless there's elections. Im guessing the governor is subtly alluding to Bakassi situation. Anyway lets hope the search produces positive results for everyone involved.

Facts about the island:
Only 1 dilapidated school that serves primary 1-6.
Expecting mothers deliver babies in Benin Republic.
No acess roads
No electricity
No market

Update: Unlimitk
Pictures needed for verification
Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by Blue3k(m): 11:44pm On Jul 15, 2019
Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by Infinityk: 12:40am On Jul 16, 2019
tyup:

it's Benin Republic sir their capital is porto-novo and not Togo
Even Porto novo is Yoruba land

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by Alanpoza007: 1:07am On Jul 16, 2019
cosef:
Tungeji doesn't even sound Yoruba. Don't take people's land due to greed. If it's not yours, it's not yours.
It's hightime you learnt that Yorubas are not the only indigenous ethnic group in the South West, though the predominant one, same way you have indigenous Yorubas in Benin Republic. In Ondo state, there are indigenous Ijaws called Arogbo in Ese-Odo LGA, just like we have the Eguns in Lagos and Ogun states occupying Badagry and Ipokia LGAs respectively. That name Tongeji sounds Egun. So think about your point again.
Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by alphaNomega: 4:38am On Jul 16, 2019
Blue3k:

This why history class is important. You see too many adults telling tall tales. Am sure you see people in mentions arguing bakkasi situation even though its throughly documented. If you were ask them cite source it will turn into mission impossible.

Look at one of them here

BigBrother9ja:
[s][/s]
Rubbish!
Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by alphaNomega: 4:45am On Jul 16, 2019
Mykehl:

It is not Obasanjo's fault. Shagari's government actually had an agreement with Cameroon to give them part of Bakassi in ruturn for passage of the Federal troops into 'Biafra land' during the civil war through the south south end as they were finding trouble advancing through the west and east axis. Subsequent governments failed to carry out the promise hence Cameroon took the case to the world court and won, leaving Obasanjo and Nigeria with no choice than to cede the land to them.

What did you just write bout Shagari's government and civil war? The damage done by the absence of history in our school is already evident!! I don't want to believe you are a Nigerian. Honestly I am disappointed.

If you want to conquer a nation, destroy the education system.
Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by ritababe(f): 6:55am On Jul 16, 2019
RTSC:
Their economy depends on Nigeria. It is in their interest to keep shut or we will shut the borders.
tell me more about seme, not our borders
Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by huptin(m): 7:21am On Jul 16, 2019
YourNemesis:

You are just a mumu. Does Badagry or Papalanto sound Yoruba?

Papalanto sounds Yoruba,(papa means field in Yoruba e.g Papa Ajao) Badagry does not sound Yoruba because it is an European coinage, does Lagos sound Yoruba?
Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 16, 2019
North is searching for oil sw is searching for oil..

lolzzz birds of same feathers but at the end even drop they won't see.
Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by Nobody: 7:44am On Jul 16, 2019
schoolboij:
you useless slaves believe the world revolves around you. I didn’t eat last night to spite Biafra.

All thanks to herdsmen for their wonderful work this few days.
Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by Infinityk: 7:46am On Jul 16, 2019
MelesZenawi:
North is searching for oil
sw is searching for oil..

lolzzz birds of same feathers but at the end even drop they won't see.
Oil has been confirmed there since d time of abacha
Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 16, 2019
Infinityk:

Oil has been confirmed there since d time of abacha

confirmed or unconfirmed the case is still that north is searching, u guys are searching...at the end....zero.

Very pathetic.
Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by Infinityk: 10:09am On Jul 16, 2019
MelesZenawi:

confirmed or unconfirmed the case is still that north is searching, u guys are searching...at the end....zero.

Very pathetic.

What's your tribe, the name I mean
Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by Blue3k(m): 12:49pm On Jul 16, 2019
ritababe:

tell me more about seme, not our borders

Nigeria didnt shift Seme/Krate border from what I know. They just have joint border in line with ECOWAS.
Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by hardbody: 11:31pm On Jul 16, 2019
alphaNomega:

Please read the first post I quoted you in. It has been updated.

The indigenous people of that land are Cameroonians, any Nigerian you find there is an immigrant. Because a large number of a population reside in a particular place does not make the place their ancestral home.

E.g. there is a significant population of Igbos in Equatorial Guinea, you do not hear them claiming ancestral ownership of the land.

Boss, I am a keen student of history and i have made in depth research around the ethnology of the bakassi peninsula. i have also researched based on participant observation. Cameroonians are not indigenous to Bakassi. It is just unfortunate that we submitted to the ICJ, the rest is now history. Let us leave it at that.
Re: Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island by APOSTLECHUMA: 7:00pm On Jul 17, 2019
ritababe:
tell me more about this seme and how Nigeria shifted their border without causing war
Imagine ant fighting elephant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BREAKING: Jubilations At TETFUND As Buhari Fires Executive Secretary / Criminal Charges: Simon Ekpa Replies IPOB DOS. / I Earned N60.2m In Three Years, Atiku Tells INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.