Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

BREAKING: We Didn’t Transmit Results Electronically – INEC Chair - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: We Didn’t Transmit Results Electronically – INEC Chair (27321 Views)

INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal / Obi: Failure To Electronically Transmit Results Nullifies Presidential Election / INEC Must Transmit Governorship Election Results Electronically - Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: We Didn’t Transmit Results Electronically – INEC Chair by Ejem84: 1:46am On Jul 17, 2019
Why don't they call Microsoft forensic it analyst to verify atiku's claim.at least Microsoft does not have vested interest and they will do unbiased analysis.
Re: BREAKING: We Didn’t Transmit Results Electronically – INEC Chair by Ejem84: 1:48am On Jul 17, 2019
This matter can be settled scientifically. E nor tie wrapper ooo
Re: BREAKING: We Didn’t Transmit Results Electronically – INEC Chair by cassette(m): 5:35am On Jul 17, 2019
post=80329580:
enemy of progress.
U go wail and hiss tire for the next 4 years.
U neva see anything kiddo.
U go hiss tire, ur mouth go long.... cheesy wink
Kontinue! cheesy wink grin

APC dummy bet you think 4 years is forever ?
Re: BREAKING: We Didn’t Transmit Results Electronically – INEC Chair by sparko1(m): 6:36am On Jul 17, 2019
elldeb101:
story.....Common sense in IT should tell us that the use of card reader (which was made mandatory) required a central server where data was stored and retrieved to verify voters details. IF a server was not used, where then was the card reader accessing their data from? Except he is saying that it was not used to send results..which is also a lie because most PO / APO claimed to have been given a username and password which was used to send the result from their polling units to headquarters electronically.
It would have been better if he just said the result on the server was not used because it was inconsistent or inconclusive grin or any other lie..not this one he is saying.

You have an IT background so you should understand this, the voting wasn't done electronically, the card reader was only used to authenticate the validity of the voter, then they proceed to a manual voting system.

Now, it's just like your POS machine, you can read data on the card but sending information through it without connecting to an external device is not possible.

What would have made this interesting is if we voted electronically, then we wouldn't have to wait for counting of results, there won't be ballot box, hell we would be able to vote from anywhere.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: We Didn’t Transmit Results Electronically – INEC Chair by OgundeleT(m): 6:44am On Jul 17, 2019
Mattlionaire:
I suppose the position INEC should maintain at the moment is that the law did not permit electronic voting in its entirety during the last election...

But if it is about transmitting election results to the server at the just concluded elections, INEC has no position therein.

I worked with INEC during the 2019 elections as a Registration Area Technical Support Officer ie RATECH.

We had a three day training centering on the use of smart card readers for voting and E-collation of results from the poling units and wards.
Our job included fixing card reader issues and helping the Presiding officers in our wards to transmit election results to the server. In fact, I gave a refresher training to all the POs and APOs in my ward on this.

We were assessed after the training both by physical interview and online assessment test.

On election day, INEC assigned the card readers of the poling units in our wards to us, gave password for each poling unit with which the POs will transmit the results to the server, right from the poling units.

INEC also gave us tablets with separate passcodes, and mandated us to collect copies of all election results from the EC8As and transmit them to the server.
In fact, my boss then was threatening that we won't be paid until all the results from the poling units in our wards are uploaded and transmitted to the server...
The essence of transmitting the results right from the poling units was to ensure that the results are secured even if the card reader is snatched/destroyed/stolen and to prevent other forms of Electoral malpractice... like changing the results in transit from the poling units to Collation center.

However, I can still remember that one of our tutors during the training said that INEC is only piloting the E-Voting project i.e the E-collation is only a way of testing the possibility of conducting electronic voting in subsequent elections in the country.

My take: is there a server? I don't know.
Were results transmitted to the server during the elections? Yes.
I transmitted results to the server, this may be against the electoral law though, but I only did what INEC trained us to do...
you can make big money for having such an evidence like this by contacting Omokri and Ozhekome Instead of you coming on social media. Or are you part of the phantom witness from Zamfara? You guys can't win this case by coming on social media instead of court

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: We Didn’t Transmit Results Electronically – INEC Chair by TGM2015: 6:52am On Jul 17, 2019
elldeb101:
you are wrong. accreditation of details of users were done locally (without internet) within the card reader.That was while card readers were not interchangeable in polling units. Results can then be sent to a central server requiring a network access.
Card readers are not using Internet right? Continue in stupidity and proving your technology naivety online. I will leave you with the question of whether a POS needs Internet or not, at least, that is the "most closest" example I can think of.
Re: BREAKING: We Didn’t Transmit Results Electronically – INEC Chair by unitysheart(m): 7:14am On Jul 17, 2019
elldeb101:
did it also occur to you that accreditation of voters might have been done locally within the card reader ( A reason the card readers were not interchangeable )so as to allow for a fast and easy process thereby avoiding network congestion that may occur if done centrally?.....and that results can then be transferred to the central server by preceding officers to allow for easy collation? The result on the server was different from the actual one collated manually because some units probably could not transmit their result due to network issues or other reasons.

Then it brings us to the logical question,

What happens if the result entered into the card reader is different from the electoral law accepted manual election results sheet signed by party agents?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: We Didn’t Transmit Results Electronically – INEC Chair by adanny01(m): 7:47am On Jul 17, 2019
musicwriter:
Yakubu is a very dumb man to even say such. Without a central server you cannot compare any information in the card reader to anything. And he should also remember his position also means no information was extracted from the card reader.

That card reader works like POS machines, which is available in shops everywhere. Anybody should go to Google or Youtube and search ''how does a POS machine work''. The card reader like POS machines are not stand alone devices. They MUST transmit information to a sever/backend/host. Otherwise, you cannot compare the captured data to anything neither would you be able to extract captured data.

Card reader doesn't work like a POS.

While the POS has no database of an ATM card slotted or swiped on it, it connects to the service providers to get information and confirmation for the transaction to be made. The database is stored on the card and on the service providers servers and requires internet to communicate.

While the card reader is basically an andoid phone with an offline app like a dictionary app with a database of words without the need of internet or any network to operate. The database of the voter accreditation resides in the phone AKA card reader. Thats why 1 card reader cannot work in another PU other than the PU's voter database stored on it. The only way a card reader can be used in another PU is to physically, have access to it, delete the old data base and upload a new one.

Secondly, the only time network is required on a card reader is when captured accreditation data is uploaded. This upload is like presetting an email address where the data will upload to at the press of a button. What INEC has is like a backend where they received mails but not where the SCRs connects to get data back and forth.

A server system requires info to go back and fro but the SCR is independent and sends data 1 way and 1 time.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: We Didn’t Transmit Results Electronically – INEC Chair by tomdon(m): 8:15am On Jul 17, 2019
daewoorazer:

This Inec chair is nothing but a dumb but privileged fool. If I were to be the judge, I’d pronounce Inec incompetent immediately with the way it kept shooting at herself in the leg

It's baffling this kind of country we find ourselves. People who have do not merit it supervise over the nation's institutions. Just because he answers the title of professor
Re: BREAKING: We Didn’t Transmit Results Electronically – INEC Chair by Jidibia(m): 9:00am On Jul 17, 2019
Ballack1:
White lie ...Some people were employed by INEC as ad-hoc staff to transmit results electronically to INEC server..
They are called RATECH
Re: BREAKING: We Didn’t Transmit Results Electronically – INEC Chair by Ballack1(m): 9:41am On Jul 17, 2019
[quote author=Jidibia post=80347251]
They are called RATECH
Yap
Re: BREAKING: We Didn’t Transmit Results Electronically – INEC Chair by citadels(f): 9:43am On Jul 17, 2019
You people did oo I was a PO during the election. They transmitted the results from each polling units using the card reader. I remember the rac manager shouting on me to bring my card reader and upload my results then before I go for coalition.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: We Didn’t Transmit Results Electronically – INEC Chair by citadels(f): 9:44am On Jul 17, 2019
Jidibia:

They are called RATECH
yes RACTECH exactly.
Re: BREAKING: We Didn’t Transmit Results Electronically – INEC Chair by tuniski: 9:59am On Jul 17, 2019
elldeb101:
You are missing The point. Why is he denying the use?
Cos he over saw the rigging.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: We Didn’t Transmit Results Electronically – INEC Chair by hush15: 10:06am On Jul 17, 2019
Ify05:
The Chairman, Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof Mahmoud Yakubu has explained why results of last general elections could not be transmitted electronically, contrary to claim by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and its last presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar.

Atiku and the PDP, who are challenging the outcome of the last presidential election before the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal (PEPT), claimed to have won the election by virtue of some results they got from a certain server, into which they said INEC transmitted the results of the election.

Read Also: Buhari’s lawyer to play video where INEC chair ruled out electronic transmission of results
At the resumption of the proceedings of the PEPT on Tuesday morning, lawyer to President Muhammadu Buhari, Alex Izinyon (SAN), played a video, where INEC Chairman said his commission could not transmit results electronically, because of inadequate communication facilities/coverage in the country and the challenge of cybersecurity.

Izinyon further tendered a digital video disc (DVD) which contained the interview Yakubu granted to a private television station, in which he gave details of the challenges of transmitting results electronically.

The DVD was admitted as Exhibit: P85, while the certificate of compliance, tendered with it, was admitted as Exhbit: P86.

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/breaking-didnt-transmit-results-electronically-inec-chair/

Its because of this comment "At the resumption of the proceedings of the PEPT on Tuesday morning, lawyer to President Muhammadu Buhari, Alex Izinyon (SAN), played a video, where INEC Chairman said his commission could not transmit results electronically, because of inadequate communication facilities/coverage in the country and the challenge of cybersecurity." is the reason why i wonder how they were able to achieve almost a 100percent voter accreditations in these communications challenged zone. If i was PDP lawyer, thats were i would i rest my case
Re: BREAKING: We Didn’t Transmit Results Electronically – INEC Chair by elldeb101(m): 11:39am On Jul 17, 2019
TGM2015:

Card readers are not using Internet right? Continue in stupidity and proving your technology naivety online. I will leave you with the question of whether a POS needs Internet or not, at least, that is the "most closest" example I can think of.
It is either you have choose to purposely not understand my explanation or you have no ideal what I was Trying to explain. I will do you the honour of trying to explain again without insulting you. Card readers uses sim cards which can be used to access the internet. Card readers were loaded with data for each polling unit, a reason they could not be used in another polling unit so that they can verify voters within that unit (locally) without the need for internet connection. This will also reduce the amount of time and traffic congestion that would have occurred if done centrally. After conclusion of counting by presiding officers, they can then connect to the internet and send their result to a receiving central server (PO were given username and password to do this) which was meant to collate the result from all units. Now it is possible that some units could not send their results due to network challenges or other reasons which accounted for the variation in the server result and actual physical result. If you still do not understand, then I give up on you.
Re: BREAKING: We Didn’t Transmit Results Electronically – INEC Chair by elldeb101(m): 11:44am On Jul 17, 2019
hush15:

Its because of this comment "At the resumption of the proceedings of the PEPT on Tuesday morning, lawyer to President Muhammadu Buhari, Alex Izinyon (SAN), played a video, where INEC Chairman said his commission could not transmit results electronically, because of inadequate communication facilities/coverage in the country and the challenge of cybersecurity." is the reason why i wonder how they were able to achieve almost a 100percent voter accreditations in these communications challenged zone. If i was PDP lawyer, thats were i would i rest my case
Accreditation was done locally without need for internet connection but to achieve almost a 100 percentile voter accreditation is suspect and plainly fraudulent.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: We Didn’t Transmit Results Electronically – INEC Chair by elldeb101(m): 11:48am On Jul 17, 2019
unitysheart:

Then it brings us to the logical question,

What happens if the result entered into the card reader is different from the electoralnlaw accepted manual election results sheet signing by party agents?
That was why I said the INEC chairman should have said the server results were not used because it was not consistent to what they had on paper rather than denying its existence.
Re: BREAKING: We Didn’t Transmit Results Electronically – INEC Chair by musicwriter(m): 12:23pm On Jul 17, 2019
adanny01:

Card reader doesn't work like a POS.

While the POS has no database of an ATM card slotted or swiped on it, it connects to the service providers to get information and confirmation for the transaction to be made. The database is stored on the card and on the service providers servers and requires internet to communicate.

While the card reader is basically an andoid phone with an offline app like a dictionary app with a database of words without the need of internet or any network to operate. The database of the voter accreditation resides in the phone AKA card reader. Thats why 1 card reader cannot work in another PU other than the PU's voter database stored on it. The only way a card reader can be used in another PU is to physically, have access to it, delete the old data base and upload a new one.

Secondly, the only time network is required on a card reader is when captured accreditation data is uploaded. This upload is like presetting an email address where the data will upload to at the press of a button. What INEC has is like a backend where they received mails but not where the SCRs connects to get data back and forth.

A server system requires info to go back and fro but the SCR is independent and sends data 1 way and 1 time.

Thank you.

But they both basically capture data, which must be authenticated somewhere else. Admittedly, since the machine could be deployed for many other purposes, how they go on to process that data may be the difference.

You see those highlighted lines (no matter what you call it) that's a database, and I think that's what Atiku and co call server. My position is that the data captured by card reader MUST be offloaded to somewhere- according to you ''what INEC has is like a backend where they received mails.'' I don't care what you call it. In fact, its not important whats its called but that's what Atiku have.

Thanks for your kind understanding.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: We Didn’t Transmit Results Electronically – INEC Chair by agabusta: 12:24pm On Jul 17, 2019
Kayrich:
There are somethings I don't understand. May be someone will enlighten me.
Atiku is in court to claim his stolen mandate. I want to believe the greatest evidence he has is the server result which he already seen and very favourable to him. Why not bring the proof out once and for all.
To me it's like asking on lapses of INEC to claim the mandate when the evidence can't be forthcoming.
INEC started this by saying there will be an election with results transmitting into the server. And later came back to say it's not possible due to some reasons.
I voted too and waited till the end of the whole exercise in my polling unit(agric ikorodu). Our card was used on card reader to affirm accreditation which means first there is server. After which again we were given a ballot paper to move to the voting area and cast the vote by thumbprinting on ur party choice(nothing electronic). Votes were counted manually and recorded in the EC8 sheet which each agents of all parties signed.

I mean why are we using collation sheet again in Abuja the declaration center? Why the waiting for states to bring there results down to abuja b4 they could be presented?

If INEC say they didn't transmit election electronically, they just showed the evidence that they withdrew it. Well may be the video was doctored.
Honestly Atiku has a good case. He should just release the central server result evidence once and for all which has he gotten already.

Was any results electronically transmitted from your own polling unit with reference to your personnel experience shared above?

There has to be a central point for collation of results as everything is manually done. The laws of the land guiding elections does not recognize electronic transmission of results.

Everything must be manually done.

All polling Units results are collated together at their respective wards.

All ward results are collated together at their respective Local Governments to give one local govt results.

All Local government results are collated together at their state capital to give one State result.

All state results are taken to Abuja to collate together to give the overall National results!

Atiku is just wasting everybody's time and making unnecessary noise.

Even if results were electronically transmitted, it will still be based on a manual database. You cannot build something on nothing.

So he should give us evidence from each polling unit to ward to local govts of his results that were manipulated.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: We Didn’t Transmit Results Electronically – INEC Chair by TGM2015: 12:55pm On Jul 17, 2019
elldeb101:
It is either you have choose to purposely not understand my explanation or you have no ideal what I was Trying to explain. I will do you the honour of trying to explain again without insulting you. Card readers uses sim cards which can be used to access the internet. Card readers were loaded with data for each polling unit, a reason they could not be used in another polling unit so that they can verify voters within that unit (locally) without the need for internet connection. This will also reduce the amount of time and traffic congestion that would have occurred if done centrally. After conclusion of counting by presiding officers, they can then connect to the internet and send their result to a receiving central server (PO were given username and password to do this) which was meant to collate the result from all units. Now it is possible that some units could not send their results due to network challenges or other reasons which accounted for the variation in the server result and actual physical result. If you still do not understand, then I give up on you.
Let us be clear here. The smart card reader transmit some data to the central server, no dispute. Please clarify from your post the exact data that was transmitted by INEC smart card readers. Choose one
A. Data of details of accredited voters.
B. Data of details of numbers of votes casted.
C. Data of details of party that voters voted for.
D. A and B only.
E. A and C only.
F. B and C only.
G. A, B and C.
Re: BREAKING: We Didn’t Transmit Results Electronically – INEC Chair by adanny01(m): 1:11pm On Jul 17, 2019
musicwriter:

Thank you.

But they both basically capture data, which must be authenticated somewhere else. Admittedly, since the machine could be deployed for many other purposes, how they go on to process that data may be the difference.

You see those highlighted lines (no matter what you call it) that's a database, and I think that's what Atiku and co call server. My position is that the data captured by card reader MUST be offloaded to somewhere- according to you ''what INEC has is like a backend where they received mails.'' I don't care what you call it. In fact, its not important whats its called but that's what Atiku have.

Thanks for your kind understanding.

With regards to the bolded, you are wrong.

1.SCR captures data while POS doesn't capture data
2.POS needs online authentication while SCR does not need online authentication.

With regards to the 2nd bolded statement, if you believe that the data captured in the SCR must be offloaded somewhere, in this case the server, backend or anywhere, what in your mind do you think will be uploaded, Accreditation data or voting result data? Is the SCR meant for accreditation or voting? Where will the voting data come from? Did Nigerians vote on the SCR? If no, where will the voting result data which Atiku claims has been uploaded to the server gotten from?

I am not a fool that Atiku, PDP and a whole lot of learned fellows would deceive. The card reader is meant for accreditation and the resulting data gets uploaded. Any other thing in that election is manual so who is deceiving who, am sure not the one.
Re: BREAKING: We Didn’t Transmit Results Electronically – INEC Chair by adanny01(m): 1:28pm On Jul 17, 2019
citadels:
You people did oo I was a PO during the election. They transmitted the results from each polling units using the card reader. I remember the rac manager shouting on me to bring my card reader and upload my results then before I go for coalition.

It is your responsibility as the PO of your PU to upload using the SCR. Did you upload or not?

What did you upload? Accreditation data or voting results data? Do you know the difference?

I was a PO too and i was asked by the RA collation officer whether i uploaded, i said yes and he said, very good. I was among a few who did but i turned around and asked him, the result upload app didnt open, he said forget about it.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: We Didn’t Transmit Results Electronically – INEC Chair by Kayrich(m): 1:29pm On Jul 17, 2019
agabusta:

Was any results electronically transmitted from your own polling unit with reference to your personnel experience shared above?

There has to be a central point for collation of results as everything is manually done. The laws of the land guiding elections does not recognize electronic transmission of results.

Everything must be manually done.

All polling Units results are collated together at their respective wards.

All ward results are collated together at their respective Local Governments to give one local govt results.

All Local government results are collated together at their state capital to give one State result.

All state results are taken to Abuja to collate together to give the overall National results!

Atiku is just wasting everybody's time and making unnecessary noise.

Even if results were electronically transmitted, it will still be based on a manual database. You cannot build something on nothing.

So he should give us evidence from each polling unit to ward to local govts of his results that were manipulated.

Thanks and exactly what I meant u just said. He should bring out the proof
Re: BREAKING: We Didn’t Transmit Results Electronically – INEC Chair by musicwriter(m): 1:30pm On Jul 17, 2019
adanny01:

With regards to the bolded, you are wrong.

1.SCR captures data while POS doesn't capture data
2.POS needs online authentication while SCR does not need online authentication.

With regards to the 2nd bolded statement, if you believe that the data captured in the SCR must be offloaded somewhere, in this case the server, backend or anywhere, what in your mind do you think will be uploaded, Accreditation data or voting result data? Is the SCR meant for accreditation or voting? Where will the voting data come from? Did Nigerians vote on the SCR? If no, where will the voting result data which Atiku claims has been uploaded to the server gotten from?

I am not a fool that Atiku, PDP and a whole lot of learned fellows would deceive. The card reader is meant for accreditation and the resulting data gets uploaded. Any other thing in that election is manual so who is deceiving who, am sure not the one.

1. Bro, POS captures credit card details; name, card number, amount, etc. Without capturing that information, it becomes useless.

2. I already said the difference would be how the POS and SCR go on to process captured data. Now, let's discuss INEC's SCR which is the bone of contention. And note that I am not interested in PDP or APC. I didn't vote for any of them.

If you believe the data captured by the SCR wasn't offloaded somewhere; please explain to me what you mean by ''what INEC has is like a backend where they received mails.''

What did INEC receive in the ''mails''?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: We Didn’t Transmit Results Electronically – INEC Chair by adanny01(m): 2:24pm On Jul 17, 2019
musicwriter:

1. Bro, POS captures credit card details; name, card number, amount, etc. Without capturing that information, it becomes useless.

2. I already said the difference would be how the POS and SCR go on to process captured data. Now, let's discuss INEC's SCR which is the bone of contention. And note that I am not interested in PDP or APC. I didn't vote for any of them.

If you believe the data captured by the SCR wasn't offloaded somewhere; please explain to me what you mean by ''what INEC has is like a backend where they received mails.''

What did INEC receive in the ''mails''?

With regards to 1., a POS doesn't capture card details. The card details are resident in the card chip so the POS only reads the data plus customer input (pin and transaction amount) and sends the data for authentication and then prints the transaction receipt. All through this, the POS itself does not capture the customer data and if it does, that would amount to fraud because that data can be used to duplicate that card or transact in the absence of the original card.

On the other hand, an SCR reads the voters card data and compare it to a stored version of the card data and if it matches, the card holder is deemed to have been authicated without the card reader connecting to any network. What gets uploaded to INEC is the list of people whose accreditation was either successful or failed.

A card readers operation is totally different to a POS. SCR has every voter data stored and authenticated locally (within the card reader) while POS has no customer data stored in it nor the authentication done inside the POS machine itself.

At the bolded, it is not my believe because i didnt say that. I said the data which the card reader stores an is uploaded at the end of the day which is a summary of accreditation data. My point is with regards to the facts, what INEC has is technically not a server. A database server would require that the SCR is the one to receive database from the INEC server but in this case it is the SCR that sends the data and its not expected to receive data or depend on the server for any of its operations. So it is not a server thats why INEC uses the word backend.

A server is a computer that stores and provide data to other programs or computers in the network.

Lastly, INEC received accreditation data in the backend and not Voting results as Atiku claims.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: We Didn’t Transmit Results Electronically – INEC Chair by adanny01(m): 2:45pm On Jul 17, 2019
smirn:

You dont even understand what a server mean in this case, the Card readers were configured as a stand alone system meaning there are not sending or receiving any code from a central data storage, they only utilizes the code or data stored on them that is why they can only work in their assigned polling units. You can remember Inec saying they need to reprogram card readers to replace the ones affected by a fire incident in one of states.
There is no way inec could have transmitted the results to a central system. It was a big blow to the PDP as they were evidently prepared to hack the system and manipulate the result. If there was even a server, how come they have access to it without the permission of the electoral body or the tribunal? We remember the PDP praying the tribunal to grant them access to inspect the voter's materials whereas they claim to have obtained a result from a server which belong to inec without any authority.
PDP and Atiku will end up exposing their dubious plan to have rigged the election before the tribunal.

The bolded is what the Atiku followers cannot or refuse to understand.
Re: BREAKING: We Didn’t Transmit Results Electronically – INEC Chair by musicwriter(m): 2:59pm On Jul 17, 2019
adanny01:

With regards to 1., a POS doesn't capture card details. The card details are resident in the card chip so the POS only reads the data plus customer input (pin and transaction amount) and sends the data for authentication and then prints the transaction receipt. All through this, the POS itself does not capture the customer data and if it does, that would amount to fraud because that data can be used to duplicate that card or transact in the absence of the original card.

On the other hand, an SCR reads the voters card data and compare it to a stored version of the card data and if it matches, the card holder is deemed to have been authicated without the card reader connecting to any network. What gets uploaded to INEC is the list of people whose accreditation was either successful or failed.

A card readers operation is totally different to a POS. SCR has every voter data stored and authenticated locally (within the card reader) while POS has no customer data stored in it nor the authentication done inside the POS machine itself.

At the bolded, it is not my believe because i didnt say that. I said the data which the card reader stores an is uploaded at the end of the day which is a summary of accreditation data. My point is with regards to the facts, what INEC has is technically not a server. A database server would require that the SCR is the one to receive database from the INEC server but in this case it is the SCR that sends the data and its not expected to receive data or depend on the server for any of its operations. So it is not a server thats why INEC uses the word backend.

A server is a computer that stores and provide data to other programs or computers in the network.

Lastly, INEC received accreditation data in the backend and not Voting results as Atiku claims.

This's descending into debating semantics, which can't be won by anyone as everybody can decide how they define what. That type of discussion isn't helpful.

The POS capturing data doesn't mean that it stores inside the machine. My definition of capturing is that the POS reads the credit card and even additional input like amount.

From your own perspectives, you've said ''my point is with regards to the facts, what INEC has is technically not a server.'' I've told you that I don't care what you call it. It doesn't matter. Whether you call it server, backend, host. The terminology doesn't matter. What matters is that INEC did extract information from the SCR into somewhere.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: We Didn’t Transmit Results Electronically – INEC Chair by adanny01(m): 3:09pm On Jul 17, 2019
musicwriter:

This's descending into debating semantics, which can't be won by anyone as everybody can decide how they define what. That type of discussion isn't helpful.

The POS capturing data doesn't mean that it stores inside the machine. My definition of capturing is that the POS reads the credit card and even additional input like amount.

From your own perspectives, you've said ''my point is with regards to the facts, what INEC has is technically not a server.'' I've told you that I don't care what you call it. It doesn't matter. Whether you call it server, backend, host. The terminology doesn't matter. What matters is that INEC did extract information from the SCR into somewhere.

There is no other explanation for capturing data other than reading and saving the data. Get that right pls.

I have not disputed INEC not getting data, i am stating that the only official data they got is accreditation data. Voting data that Atiku claims is what i contest.
Re: BREAKING: We Didn’t Transmit Results Electronically – INEC Chair by musicwriter(m): 4:06pm On Jul 17, 2019
adanny01:

There is no other explanation for capturing data other than reading and saving the data. Get that right pls.

I have not disputed INEC not getting data, i am stating that the only official data they got is accreditation data. Voting data that Atiku claims is what i contest.

How did INEC know Buhari got 15.2 million votes while Mr Abubakar received 11.3 million?
Re: BREAKING: We Didn’t Transmit Results Electronically – INEC Chair by inyenejo(m): 5:50pm On Jul 17, 2019
No regime has ever or will ever be this corrupt.
We apologise to Abacha and his family

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: We Didn’t Transmit Results Electronically – INEC Chair by hush15: 8:30pm On Jul 17, 2019
elldeb101:
Accreditation was done locally without need for internet connection but to achieve almost a 100 percentile voter accreditation is suspect and plainly fraudulent.

dude, it wasnt local. verification was done against backend, else its no verification

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Peter Obi Celebrates Christmas In Benue IDP Camp / Lagos Is Part Of Yorubaland - Femi Okunnu / Oshiomole In A Canoe Helping Flood Victims: Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.