Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,499 members, 7,843,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Officer Who Returned €37,000 He Found In The Airport Got Double Promotion - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Officer Who Returned €37,000 He Found In The Airport Got Double Promotion (34570 Views)

Police Officer Who Bagged PhD As A Corporal, Begs For Promotion (Pics, VIDEO) / Becky Osagie, A Lady Who Returned From Italy To Become A Vulcanizer / Keke Driver Who Returned Nearly N600K Forgotten By Woman Gets Rewarded. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Officer Who Returned €37,000 He Found In The Airport Got Double Promotion by abbasajao(m): 7:26am On Jul 26, 2019
Racoon:
Is honesty still the best policy in today's Nigeria under a government that is filled with the likes of Abba Kyari, Timiprie Sliva-Festus Keyamo, Godswill Akpabio, Danjuma Goje, the Maiduguri army general soldiers absconded with his #400M etc

Just continue your dishonesty, get caught and face the law.

1 Like

Re: Officer Who Returned €37,000 He Found In The Airport Got Double Promotion by Offpoint: 7:26am On Jul 26, 2019
Was the guy forbidden from smiling? why him dey bone face for all de photos?
Re: Officer Who Returned €37,000 He Found In The Airport Got Double Promotion by mozona(m): 7:26am On Jul 26, 2019
a mi ke!
Re: Officer Who Returned €37,000 He Found In The Airport Got Double Promotion by tyson98: 7:26am On Jul 26, 2019
Jeferious:
Guy you read my mind. With that money, I'd have expanded my shop, got a new parking store...import goods that are not available in my incoming consignment...and finish up my building project in the village.

How I wish...
You can only wish.......
Re: Officer Who Returned €37,000 He Found In The Airport Got Double Promotion by AntiWailer: 7:28am On Jul 26, 2019
Racoon:
Is honesty still the best policy in today's Nigeria under a government that is filled with the likes of Abba Kyari, Timiprie Sliva-Festus Keyamo, Godswill Akpabio, Danjuma Goje, the Maiduguri army general soldiers absconded with his #400M etc

Integrity and honesty is personal.

That u don't have it has nothing to do with Government

1 Like

Re: Officer Who Returned €37,000 He Found In The Airport Got Double Promotion by agabaI23(m): 7:28am On Jul 26, 2019
Racoon:
His name Hakeem Otiki.
Thank me grin
Re: Officer Who Returned €37,000 He Found In The Airport Got Double Promotion by Lexusgs430: 7:29am On Jul 26, 2019
I already said it, all he would receive would be 2 ropes......
Re: Officer Who Returned €37,000 He Found In The Airport Got Double Promotion by Jeferious: 7:30am On Jul 26, 2019
Juell:

Why bring tribalism into this?
My dear, I'm an Igbo, but it pays not to read meaning into every assertion. Sometimes just flow with the joke and move on.

It's a well-established fact that we Igbos like money. I don't see how that's bad. Thank God he admitted that the easterner would have invested the money in order to get more returns. Now that's the level of our hustle game. We won't buy cars that would depreciate with time, or organise "Owanbe" parties just to eat food and drink liquor with that money.

Give the same money to an average Yoruba or an Hausa man, and they may not know what to do with it.

3 Likes

Re: Officer Who Returned €37,000 He Found In The Airport Got Double Promotion by gnykelly(m): 7:31am On Jul 26, 2019
johnmartus:
Another thing should have use to compensate him . He didn't work for this rank. The way Nigeria military and paramilitary awarded rank to their member caused major damage in society. This is not like this in western world.

It's enough reason to compensate him... It is bravery to return such a huge amount of money that's a multiple of your income.
Re: Officer Who Returned €37,000 He Found In The Airport Got Double Promotion by darediamond(m): 7:32am On Jul 26, 2019
Haha... U are wiked ooo!
God forbid bad thing on him.
simplemach:
Good for him

You sure say no be to carry that money for better for this guy?

After dem go promote you, send you give Boko Haram

1 Like

Re: Officer Who Returned €37,000 He Found In The Airport Got Double Promotion by Kenturkey048(m): 7:32am On Jul 26, 2019
chigodo:

Go to school, you'll not. Be displaying your ignorance on social media. Is that currency symbol dollar in your village? MUMU!!.
grin grin grin
Re: Officer Who Returned €37,000 He Found In The Airport Got Double Promotion by Kenturkey048(m): 7:33am On Jul 26, 2019
johnmartus:
Another thing should have use to compensate him . He didn't work for this rank. The way Nigeria military and paramilitary awarded rank to their member caused major damage in society. This is not like this in western world.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Officer Who Returned €37,000 He Found In The Airport Got Double Promotion by wizardus: 7:34am On Jul 26, 2019
moscobabs:
The Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal SB Abubakar on Thursday, July 25, decorated ACM Bashir Umar with the new rank of Corporal, which automatically means a double promotion for the Nigerian Air Force personnel who returned €37,000 he found at the Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport, Kano to its owner on Sunday, July 7

The Air Force boss sent an aircraft to Kano to transport Umar and his parents to attend the award ceremony at the NAF headquarters in Abuja
https://www.facebook.com/267978826632355/posts/2619760361454178/

Show some Nigeriana how to act right...you good man

Oyetola seeks technology based approach to end insecurity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax4afehAROU
Re: Officer Who Returned €37,000 He Found In The Airport Got Double Promotion by joseph1832(m): 7:36am On Jul 26, 2019
First thing first, who is the owner of the 37,000 pounds. Being in possession of the amount of money is money laundering. I wonder why the owner wasn't arrested. Or am I missing something here.

Anyway, nice one from the corporal. It's good to know we still have honest people in this country of ours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Officer Who Returned €37,000 He Found In The Airport Got Double Promotion by Gforce2019: 7:36am On Jul 26, 2019
Juell:

Why bring tribalism into this?

Nyamiri crew member and love for money....

I doubt if our brother from the Yeast will return the money.
Re: Officer Who Returned €37,000 He Found In The Airport Got Double Promotion by mamajj17(f): 7:37am On Jul 26, 2019
[quote author=chigodo post=80636122]

Go to school, you'll not. Be displaying your ignorance on social media. Is that currency symbol dollar in your village? MUMU!!.[/quote

grin grin grin my dear yr Statement na PRO DESPRESSION
Re: Officer Who Returned €37,000 He Found In The Airport Got Double Promotion by MrMou: 7:38am On Jul 26, 2019
Racoon:
I don't think honesty is the best policy now. But I think honesty was the best policy with the likes of Patience Jonathan & Diezani in power!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Officer Who Returned €37,000 He Found In The Airport Got Double Promotion by simplemach(m): 7:39am On Jul 26, 2019
darediamond:
Haha... U are wiked ooo!
God forbid bad thing on him.

That's the truth na

Or didn't you hear that a Deputy Commissioner of Police was killed in just ordinary protest?
Re: Officer Who Returned €37,000 He Found In The Airport Got Double Promotion by mamajj17(f): 7:39am On Jul 26, 2019
chigodo:

Go to school, you'll not. Be displaying your ignorance on social media. Is that currency symbol dollar in your village? MUMU!!.

grin grin grin my dear yr statement na PRO DEPRESSION grin
Re: Officer Who Returned €37,000 He Found In The Airport Got Double Promotion by Gentlewarrior1(m): 7:40am On Jul 26, 2019
Jeferious:
My dear, I'm an Igbo, but it pays not to read meaning into every assertion. Sometimes just flow with the joke and move on.

It's a well-established fact that we Igbos like money. I don't see how that's bad. Thank God he admitted that the easterner would have invested the money in order to get more returns. Now that's the level of our hustle game. We won't buy cars that would depreciate with time, or organise "Owanbe" parties just to eat food and drink liquor with that money.

Give the same money to an average Yoruba or an Hausa man, and they may not know what to do with it.
Lol. I'm also an easterner and i understood the joke

Meanwhile watch ur back they re coming for u cos of that last statement cheesy
Re: Officer Who Returned €37,000 He Found In The Airport Got Double Promotion by amaben2020(m): 7:42am On Jul 26, 2019
To corporal grin
Re: Officer Who Returned €37,000 He Found In The Airport Got Double Promotion by cenaman(m): 7:43am On Jul 26, 2019
Mightyhaiz:
but the soldiers that absconded with over 400m were not easterners but awusa and yorroba
thats normal, we call relooting what was already looted from the public.
Re: Officer Who Returned €37,000 He Found In The Airport Got Double Promotion by clive2u(m): 7:44am On Jul 26, 2019
Too much drilling no allow the guy smile to this kind good news
Re: Officer Who Returned €37,000 He Found In The Airport Got Double Promotion by tayolove12(m): 7:45am On Jul 26, 2019
grin grin grin grin

Racoon:
Re: Officer Who Returned €37,000 He Found In The Airport Got Double Promotion by Jeferious: 7:47am On Jul 26, 2019
Gentlewarrior1:

Lol. I'm also an easterner and i understood the joke

Meanwhile watch ur back they re coming for u cos of that last statement cheesy
I just hope they ignore. But if they don't, I'd ignore them into oblivion. Mtn can't be sharing my data plan with me and I'd be that wasteful to react to every post
Re: Officer Who Returned €37,000 He Found In The Airport Got Double Promotion by cenaman(m): 7:48am On Jul 26, 2019
Jeferious:
Guy you read my mind. With that money, I'd have expanded my shop, got a new parking store...import goods that are not available in my incoming consignment...and finish up my building project in the village.

How I wish...
It seems u re the only one that understand my point others are just insulting me for just no course.
Re: Officer Who Returned €37,000 He Found In The Airport Got Double Promotion by General0847: 7:48am On Jul 26, 2019
moscobabs:
The Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal SB Abubakar on Thursday, July 25, decorated ACM Bashir Umar with the new rank of Corporal, which automatically means a double promotion for the Nigerian Air Force personnel who returned €37,000 he found at the Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport, Kano to its owner on Sunday, July 7

The Air Force boss sent an aircraft to Kano to transport Umar and his parents to attend the award ceremony at the NAF headquarters in Abuja

He's a good man.
But me i would keep the money for myself and wait for normal promotion.

1 Like

Re: Officer Who Returned €37,000 He Found In The Airport Got Double Promotion by lexy2014: 7:49am On Jul 26, 2019
mansakhalifa:

So, because some folks have chosen to be dishonest you must do the same, right? Wonder what sort of frail logic this is. Tell you what, sometimes in order to become a great man, you have to strive to keep your head when others are losing theirs.

The mere fact that "others are doing it" doesn't quite make it right. The temptation is great but at all times, a good reputation stands you out by a mile. Not everything that can be counted really counts.

Laugh at him all you want, but this officer has done noble. The battle to turn this damned society around must start with each individual otherwise, we're all doomed.

Hate to sound like a preacher myself but we mustn't all go crazy at once.

All Racoon is trying to say is that d big thieves in Nigeria, get rewarded with more opportunities to steal. And that d more u steal from govt, d better ur reputation
Re: Officer Who Returned €37,000 He Found In The Airport Got Double Promotion by foreshore(m): 7:53am On Jul 26, 2019
moscobabs:

In all, honesty is the best policy!!!
Re: Officer Who Returned €37,000 He Found In The Airport Got Double Promotion by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 26, 2019
well deserved honor.. you're a true Nigerian.
take this kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Know The Difference Between Gross And Net Salary Before The Job Offer. / Nigerian Army 87RRI Shortlisted Candidates 2024/2025 / PHED Office Uyo Laced With Juju As Staffs Dessert Office(picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.