Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,758 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor (11346 Views)

Kayode Oso Resigns As Ekiti Commissioner / List Of Agencies And Departments Under Fayemi, As A Minister Of Solid Minerals / Appeals Court Declares Senator Dino Melaye's Election Tribunal Should Be Retried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by seunmsg(m): 11:44am On Oct 15, 2010
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5630802-146/fayemi_is_new_ekiti_governor_.csp

Ekiti State governor, Segun Oni, has been relieved of his job as the federal appeals court rules this afternoon in Ilorin that his opponent and Action Congress governorship candidate in the 2007 election, Kayode Fayemi was the rightful winner of the election.

The court, ruling on a legal challenge to a rerun election held in the state last year, cancelled the result of voting in Ido Osi and Ifaki, saying these were concocted. The 8000 votes were then deducted from the PDP result - thus handing over victory to the Action Congress candidate.

The judges lampooned INEC and Police's handlings of the 2007 and 2009 elections in the state.

More to follow
culled from spikey's post

The court of Appeal in Ilorin as just declared Dr Kayode Fayemi as the duly elected governor of Ekiti state in the 2009 re-run. , Details later
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 15, 2010
Are you sure?
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by omenkanwao(m): 11:50am On Oct 15, 2010
good riddance to bad rubbish,suits them right,,,,fellow comrades accept ACN now
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 15, 2010
I just hope this is true. . .pdp is going down !
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by seunmsg(m): 12:11pm On Oct 15, 2010
The news is all over Ekiti state now, even heard Governor segun Oni is no wia to be found.
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 15, 2010
A Senator from Ekiti whose daughter I once lipsrsealed said its true. He confirmed it to us.
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 15, 2010
Lagos,Edo and now Ekiti. . .chase PDP away !!!!
awon omo ole !
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by deebsman1(m): 12:32pm On Oct 15, 2010
Next is Osun, though i like Oyinlola as a person but hate his party wt passion.
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by otokx(m): 12:39pm On Oct 15, 2010
This is good news like a breath of fresh air.
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by augustborn: 12:43pm On Oct 15, 2010
I wish this turn out to be true at the end! I will pop champagne!
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by SHEAU(m): 12:49pm On Oct 15, 2010
I dont think this is true, the said they 're still reading the jugdement nyway if true i ll be grin
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by otokx(m): 1:00pm On Oct 15, 2010
This better be true
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 15, 2010
This is good news
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by ochukoccna: 1:08pm On Oct 15, 2010
SHEAU:

I dont think this is true, the said they 're still reading the jugdement nyway if true i ll be grin

otokx:

This better be true

[size=28pt]IT IS TRUE![/size]
hEARD IT STRAIGHT fROM SOME 1 ON GROUND iN tHE STATE.
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by ochukoccna: 1:15pm On Oct 15, 2010
seunmsg:

The news is all over Ekiti state now, even heard Governor segun Oni is no wia to be found.
Who dash Oni Governor? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Yet the question now is, will Segun Oni- who masqueraded as Governor for close to 4 years on a stolen mandate- be prosecuted? angry angry angry
Will he & his principal officers return the money they had been drawing out of the government treasury?
[size=28pt]HOW THEN WILL WE STOP RIGGING& THOSE WHO BENEFIT FROM IT?[/size]
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by ochukoccna: 1:21pm On Oct 15, 2010
Lest I forget, Obasanjo i.e. baba Iyabo should take 2 shots of paraga to kill his sorrows seeing he orchestrated the invasion of the South west by his PDP goons.

2 paraga shots to you OBJ. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by eddybanty(m): 1:24pm On Oct 15, 2010
Na true tory ooo, Its on sahara reporters live!!
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by Abagworo(m): 1:31pm On Oct 15, 2010
My joy in all this is that the money that would have been used in 2011 elections for Ekiti will now be channeled to other more important priorities.
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by tpsolomons: 1:32pm On Oct 15, 2010
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by OAM4J: 1:38pm On Oct 15, 2010
This is a good development - Justice at last!

I just hope he will not be a nonperforming Governor like Mimiko of Ondo State.
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by odukoko(m): 1:41pm On Oct 15, 2010
am in ado ekiti since january and i never see a group/mass of ppl coming out without any enticement but out of joy to celebrate with brooms and smile on their face of been free at last of this draconian government.but men broom go scarce for market now o!!!
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by spikedcylinder: 1:44pm On Oct 15, 2010
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5630802-146/fayemi_is_new_ekiti_governor_.csp

Ekiti State governor, Segun Oni, has been relieved of his job as the federal appeals court rules this afternoon in Ilorin that his opponent and Action Congress governorship candidate in the 2007 election, Kayode Fayemi was the rightful winner of the election.

The court, ruling on a legal challenge to a rerun election held in the state last year, cancelled the result of voting in Ido Osi and Ifaki, saying these were concocted. The 8000 votes were then deducted from the PDP result - thus handing over victory to the Action Congress candidate.

The judges lampooned INEC and Police's handlings of the 2007 and 2009 elections in the state.

More to follow

Kaboooooooom!!!!!!!! This has just punched a giant hole in PDP's scheme of things! grin grin grin

It is true o, it has been confirmed. Hahahah, I like this kind of politics. grin cheesy
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by otokx(m): 1:48pm On Oct 15, 2010
Please God, let this be true.
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by pheesayor(m): 1:54pm On Oct 15, 2010
This is victory for democracy. It was obvious PDP re-rigged the election  grin grin grin.  Ekiti PDP down, Osun to go
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by seunmsg(m): 1:54pm On Oct 15, 2010
For all those doubting this news, pls check saharareporter for update. It is true and confirmed.
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by Horlazuncanmi(m): 1:57pm On Oct 15, 2010
Shame on you Prof.IWU, shame on you Mrs AYOKA, you both should be jailed, congratulation to all people of Ekiti State, congratulation Governor KAYODE FAYEMI,
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by SHEAU(m): 2:00pm On Oct 15, 2010
@seun 1gbosa 4u, 3gbosas 4 good justice.

:the end of PDP(Pple devilish Party) one down, more to go in 2011 POLL grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked tongue tongue tongue
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 15, 2010
Hope ACN will not use all the EKITI resources for the next four years to pay fayemi political god father, Adaba fm in Akure , pay his loan  and other contributors.
May God save us all in Ekiti. Fayemi congrats.
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by Ekiti1: 2:03pm On Oct 15, 2010
DRINKS ARE ON ME. grin grin smiley smileyJOIN ME CELEBRATE PALS. SUGUN ANA IS GONE grin
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by akwarandu(m): 2:05pm On Oct 15, 2010
Thank u jesus, it is time to chase PDP out of this country, they have brought more sorrow to this country dan any other in the history of this nation.
Re: Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor by twinskenny(m): 2:06pm On Oct 15, 2010
hmmm

same old story, lets see what he will perform

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

These Pictures Alone Can Cause Revolution In Nigeria. / IMC of NDDC Has Not Been Dissolved / Presidential Transition Council Raises Alarm Over Fake Twitter Handle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.