Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos (50055 Views)

President Bola Tinubu And Asari Dokubo - Then Vs Now (Photos) / Atiku, PDP Considering Two Governors As Vice Presidential Candidate / EndSARS: A Tale Of Two Governors, Jide Sanwo-Olu And Seyi Makinde (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by benjamin007: 10:48am On Jul 28, 2019
V
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by ElsonMorali: 10:48am On Jul 28, 2019
Stop celebrating mediocrity. What has the present government done so far. Stop showing us photo ops meant to impress weak minds.

Yes, Fayose was an agbero in chief, but we didn't vote in Mr smooth to continue with Fayose's photo ops.

6 Likes

Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 28, 2019
thats too ash
rummmy:
fayose a disgrace to apc? Your village people must be after you
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Enskynelson(m): 10:49am On Jul 28, 2019
plaindealer:
[s][/s]

If Fayose was so good and Fayemi achieved nothing, why not just explain to us why the people of Ekiti removed the so good Fayose and replaced him with the bad Fayemi?

Did Ekiti really replace Fayose with Fayemi or it was the other way round. Please explain. Fayose left after 8years.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by stealmatic(m): 10:50am On Jul 28, 2019
CapitalHYC:

Mumu.. Ekiti removed Fayose after Spending 8 years already?? fayose didn't contest against Fayemi in the last election, don't be stupid, the only time they contested against each other Fayose won him
just dnt die of high bp,u wil get sense las las,ow many of ur state gv hv done half d worse gv fayoshit has don
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Abalado(f): 10:51am On Jul 28, 2019
He must be drunk,,, hypocrite
Infinityk:
I'm from ekiti and don't really like APC
But fayose was a disgrace to ekiti,it made me to become ashamed of my state
Now a governor who is serious is in power
I hope he develops ekiti state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by JAWBONE(m): 10:54am On Jul 28, 2019
Fayemi is miles ahead of Fayose as a technocrat. One of the few people in the APC with substance. Having said that I still have respect for Oshokomole

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Abalado(f): 10:56am On Jul 28, 2019
I don't even think this one knows what is happening in Nigeria not to talk of ekiti state, so is fayose contesting again, or is he contesting for governorship for the 3rd term ni?
plaindealer:
[s][/s]

Meaningless and absolute trash, the kind of trash we get from assholes on NL everyday.

Governance is governing, creating jobs and opportunities and progress and development, not whatever silly grassroots you are blabbing about.

If Fayose was so good and Fayemi achieved nothing, why not just explain to us why the people of Ekiti removed the so good Fayose and replaced him with the bad Fayemi?

It's not by force to comment, keep quiet sometimes because you are not making any sense.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Kapeter(m): 10:58am On Jul 28, 2019
CapitalHYC:
NOW assholes are just too quick to forget that This same stupid Fayemi is not a first time Governor of this state and was thrown out of power, made a minister and still made no impact

Now they painting him Jesus for Us.. We ain't stupid, nobody Holy pass... I believe in Grassroot government and not an elitist one that Fayemi runs
yea, he might be an elite and running the government as so buh he's surely better than fayose ampa. Fayose running government like those of adelabu in oyo state, like thuggery form of government all in the name of grassroot. He was a classic representation of his party and what they stood for in past years in sw. Distribute cups or rice, clothes, and some change for the people while you deny them development cuz they've taken it in kind and cash already. It's the worst type of government. This was why we kicked out late Agagu back then. I'm glad, Fayose lost out too and i pray and hope pdp will never get hold of any sw west state untill they have sense.

Before you talk oyo, please understand seyi is a different man on his own and it was even folarin(another pdp rogue and criminal) pdp supported that year, they prolly supported seyi this year because they needed power and know he is the only person that can get it for them because of his popularity.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by perryy(m): 10:59am On Jul 28, 2019
plaindealer:
[s][/s]

Meaningless and absolute trash, the kind of trash we get from assholes on NL everyday.

Governance is governing, creating jobs and opportunities and progress and development, not whatever silly grassroots you are blabbing about.

It's not by force to comment, keep quiet sometimes because you are not making any sense.

Removed fayose? Did fayise contest? Abi u don forget?

1 Like

Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Tolexander: 11:00am On Jul 28, 2019
plaindealer:

Didn't know Eleka was Fayose's candidate at all even though we heard from Fayose more than we heard from Eleka.

Now, answer my question, why did the people of Ekiti voted for and put bad and lousy Fayemi in office as their governor since according to you, he did not achieve anything.?

You are still not making any sense.
The same reason why the same Ekiti people voted for Fayose against Fayemi in 2014 election.

Only God knows how some of you make and present your argument her on NL.

Ain’t a fan of any of them. But some things are better kept hidden in the room rather than being exposed here

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Dantedasz(m): 11:00am On Jul 28, 2019
grin grin grin
This thread is hilarious especially the contrasting photos!

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by grandstar(m): 11:00am On Jul 28, 2019
plaindealer:
Not too long ago, Ekiti people were hungry beggars lining up on the side of the road for a can of rice and school children begging for N100.

Their future was bleak and governance was nothing short of daily insanity, shameful drama and absurdities, but now, they have sanity and good governance.

Voting into office the right leader can make a difference.

And you think the beggars have disappeared?

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Kapeter(m): 11:00am On Jul 28, 2019
Enskynelson:

Did Ekiti really replace Fayose with Fayemi or it was the other way round. Please explain. Fayose left after 8years.
if they'd not replaced fayose, then he'd have replace himself with eleka which means ruling by proxy. Like Mimiko, like Fayose.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by BabaO2: 11:00am On Jul 28, 2019
StPete:
Truth is, both have their different styles of governance that appealed to people differently but Fayemi only began this way because he has now seen what he did in the past was not in accordance with the mandate of the people
Not completely true sir.
One is a proud akokite, cerebral and civil while the other is a symbol of bane of our current society. Fayemi didn't lose that election fair and square but was pushed out by the powers and forces that be. Unfortunately those physical evidences are not known to judiciary, almost similar thing happened in Osun gubernatorial election

1 Like

Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by HabaHaba: 11:00am On Jul 28, 2019
CapitalHYC:

Mumu.. Ekiti removed Fayose after Spending 8 years already?? fayose didn't contest against Fayemi in the last election, don't be stupid, the only time they contested against each other Fayose won him

Bro, I've learnt not to respond to people who are short sighted or lack sufficient information.

Why waste your precious time, data and intelligence on nincompoops.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Tolexander: 11:01am On Jul 28, 2019
Enskynelson:

Fayose didn’t complete his 8years.

He only completed his 2nd tenure
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Kapeter(m): 11:02am On Jul 28, 2019
grandstar:

And you think the beggars have disappeared?
it was Fayose that turn them into beggars. They wouldn't need to if he didn't ask them to. How many of them have you seen queeuing up in govt house going to beg Fayemi for food and money since?

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by donvicky2007: 11:03am On Jul 28, 2019
stealmatic:
thank u,and u cn say dat again,dnt mind d old fool i bet my left ball if u ask him wer he s frm,he migt b frm dt 5% irelevant zone

Why did you fellows think that anyone that have different ideology from yours is not from your state or region, the fact is that both Fayose and Fayemi have a large followers and this two set of followers will hardly be on same page.

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Lannerosm: 11:04am On Jul 28, 2019
K
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by grandstar(m): 11:05am On Jul 28, 2019
Kapeter:
it was Fayose that turn them into beggars. They wouldn't need to if he didn't ask them to. How many of them have you seen queeuing up in govt house going to beg Fayemi for food and money since?

You have a point.

I was actually pointing s figure at the real problem and that is poverty.
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by stealmatic(m): 11:05am On Jul 28, 2019
donvicky2007:

Why did you fellows think that anyone that have different ideology from yours is not from your state or region, the fact is that both Fayose and Fayemi have a large followers and this two set of followers will hardly be on same page.
i tink u shd go bk nd read what he wrote dn cm bk to gt ur reply
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by bigpicture001: 11:06am On Jul 28, 2019
plaindealer:
[s][/s]

Mumu..who removed fayose...?
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by KenModi(m): 11:07am On Jul 28, 2019
plaindealer:

Didn't know Eleka was Fayose's candidate at all even though we heard from Fayose more than we heard from Eleka.

Now, answer my question, why did the people of Ekiti voted for and put bad and lousy Fayemi in office as their governor since according to you, he did not achieve anything.?

@bolded. Let me answer your question.

It is because Nigerians are by nature dumb as they keep electing the same people who continue stealing from them, killing them and their children with hardship and poverty...if it is not APC, it wld be PDP, if it is not PDP, it wld be APC....and so the ride goes on and on....living in poverty while chanting the praises of those who put them in that situation.

After the last election, seeing how Nigerians voted enmass for either those in power for 16 years and did nothing or those who were in power for 4 years and sent them to a financial crisis and turned the country to the poverty capital of the world, I finally believed that Nigerians collectively have one of the lowest levels of intelligence every recorded in history.

Ekiti people are just a reflection of that large number of 200 million+ dumb citizens of the country called Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by crackhouse(m): 11:07am On Jul 28, 2019
na wa oo. Can u imagine what a grown ass man was doing here. Lol. This man is foolish o. Who was he pretending to be talking to? Chinese investors? I am sure he wasn't aware someone took a shot from the back.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by fabregas04(m): 11:08am On Jul 28, 2019
plaindealer:

Oga goan sit down, you are d one making noise here, celebrating mediocrity, trying hard to paint Fayemi as a Messiah.

D only time d two contested directly against each other, Fayose defeated him hands-down to d point that Fayemi did not only acknowledged defeat, also went ahead to congratulate Fayose in less than 24 hrs of Election. Put both side by side any day, Fayose will win massively.

I had lived in Ekiti before and witnessed both govt, Fayose achieved more, especially in area of infrastructure, he made d Ado-Ekiti city what it is today, though he had his short comings just like every other human beings. Fayemi also achieved, particularly d monthly social security fund to d Elders and the monthly token to unemployed graduates. These two were advanced and a better packaged form of the popular stomach infrasture of Fayose govt.
Mind u, u are wrong to tag Ekiti ppl as hungry Begger lining up to beg for alms on d Street(down your opening remarks). So d ppl hv suddenly become rich in Fayemi govt àbí? Kontinu, thunder is watching.

5 Likes

Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by globatop: 11:10am On Jul 28, 2019
selemempe:
why did the ppl of ekiti vote for fayose and removed fayemi in 2014?
Because the yoke of development been served by Fayemi was too much for them.
Because they were short sighted.
Because they prefer stomach infrastructure to real infrasture.
Because they prefer to eat the future of their children now
Because they prefer a comedian and a deceptive fellow
Because they want old order to continue, where a mediocre is teaching in the schools.
Truly we need govt with human face, but things that are bad need to be corrected

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by donvicky2007: 11:11am On Jul 28, 2019
Tolexander:
Fayose didn’t complete his 8years.

He only completed his 2nd tenure

Aren't you contradicting yourself?
2 tenures= 8years according to Nigeria Constitution.
Therefore, one must complete a tenure before seeking for a second term in office.

CORRECT ME IF AM WRONG, WE ARE HERE TO LEARN.
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by bsquare12(f): 11:12am On Jul 28, 2019
Zakzaky and his missions in Nigeria

The Islamic Movement of Nigeria (shi'ite) Which was declared terrorist group by the court recently. The group which was head by Zakzaky who has been detained some years ago. Here is their missions in Nigeria.

Anyway, give a dog a bad name to hang him. For the records.

Zakzaky has two case. One against federal government and second against Kaduna state govt
The court cases are concurrent. That is, he has been attending to two courts on different matters.

The one against federal govt (COAS matter) is in federal high court abuja while in Kaduna he was charged for criminal conspiracy and about three other offences
It was the federal high court in 2016 that granted him bail against the case in abuja.

He has been in Kaduna prison and always been transported to abuja for the case against federal govt
The court in Kaduna didn't grant him bail against the cases on kaduna
So, after the bail in abuja, he was returned back to Kaduna prison.

https://www.itrendnaija.com/2019/07/zakzaky-and-his-missions-in-nigeria.html?m=1

Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Kapeter(m): 11:16am On Jul 28, 2019
grandstar:

You have a point.

I was actually pointing s figure at the real problem and that is poverty.
poverty cannot be eradicated completely no matter how hardworking the govt is in as much there would always be the people that doesn't have a job and are not willing to work. Ekiti is really not open like many other states in terms of development and natural resources. Major job is farming and now that we are in digital age, many don't want to have anything to do with farming not knowing they can make use of this digital trend and maximize profit, so their will always be some certain level of poverty every where(in this case, Ekiti state).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fayose And Amaechi Pictured Together Laughing Out Loud (pics) / Asari Dokubo Stages Solidarity Walk For President-Elect Tinubu In Rivers State / Profile of Ibrahim Gambari, Buhari's New Chief Of Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.