Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,987 members, 7,821,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos (50054 Views)

President Bola Tinubu And Asari Dokubo - Then Vs Now (Photos) / Atiku, PDP Considering Two Governors As Vice Presidential Candidate / EndSARS: A Tale Of Two Governors, Jide Sanwo-Olu And Seyi Makinde (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Kapeter(m): 11:18am On Jul 28, 2019
donvicky2007:

Aren't you contradicting yourself?
2 tenures= 8years according to Nigeria Constitution.
Therefore, one must complete a tenure before seeking for a second term in office.

CORRECT ME IF AM WRONG, WE ARE HERE TO LEARN.

he was removed by obasanjo through his assembly men in his first tenure.
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Jabioro: 11:19am On Jul 28, 2019
plaindealer:
[s][/s]

Meaningless and absolute trash, the kind of trash we get from assholes on NL everyday.

Governance is governing, creating jobs and opportunities and progress and development, not whatever silly grassroots you are blabbing about.

If Fayose was so good and Fayemi achieved nothing, why not just explain to us why the people of Ekiti removed the so good Fayose and replaced him with the bad Fayemi?

It's not by force to comment, keep quiet sometimes because you are not making any sense.

He was breed with hatred water from yeast... please forgive him
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by grandstar(m): 11:19am On Jul 28, 2019
Kapeter:
poverty cannot be eradicated completely no matter how hardworking the govt is in as much there would always be the people that doesn't have a job and are not willing to work. Ekiti is really not open like many other states in terms of development and natural resources. Major job is farming and now that we are in digital age, many don't want to have anything to do with farming not knowing they can make use of this digital trend and maximize profit, so their will always be some certain level of poverty every where(in this case, Ekiti state).

I am not contesting there won't be poverty. I'm just saying the root cause of the begging is still there.

Fighting poverty becomes much harder when the present economy is growing poorly
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by temak1: 11:20am On Jul 28, 2019
plaindealer:
Not too long ago, Ekiti people were hungry beggars lining up on the side of the road for a can of rice and school children begging for N100.

Their future was bleak and governance was nothing short of daily insanity, shameful drama and absurdities, but now, they have sanity and good governance.

Voting into office the right leader can make a difference.
You nailed it! God bless you
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by donvicky2007: 11:21am On Jul 28, 2019
Kapeter:
he was removed by obasanjo through his assembly men in his first tenure.

Thanks, that means he spent less than 8years in office.
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Godwin2am(m): 11:22am On Jul 28, 2019
Infinityk:
I'm from ekiti and don't really like APC But fayose was a disgrace to ekiti,it made me to become ashamed of my state Now a governor who is serious is in power I hope he develops ekiti state
LOWER YOUR VOICE ... YOU ARE SAYING RUBBISH
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Jabioro: 11:22am On Jul 28, 2019
ElsonMorali:
Stop celebrating mediocrity. What has the present government done so far. Stop showing us photo ops meant to impress weak minds.

Yes, Fayose was an agbero in chief, but we didn't vote in Mr smooth to continue with Fayose's photo ops.
Sighted! Another yeast breed .. nothing dey sweet Dem if it not their own it can never belly full dem..apu eaters!
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Kapeter(m): 11:26am On Jul 28, 2019
donvicky2007:

Thanks, that means he spent less than 8years in office.
yes, he was removed oct 2006. So about 7 years in total.
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Tolexander: 11:26am On Jul 28, 2019
donvicky2007:

Aren't you contradicting yourself?
2 tenures= 8years according to Nigeria Constitution.
Therefore, one must complete a tenure before seeking for a second term in office.

CORRECT ME IF AM WRONG, WE ARE HERE TO LEARN.

not really,

Fayose didn’t complete his first tenure before he was replaced by Tunji Olurin in October, 2006.
Ekiti was declared a state of emergency then by Obasanjo
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by unitysheart(m): 11:29am On Jul 28, 2019
plaindealer:

Didn't know Eleka was Fayose's candidate at all even though we heard from Fayose more than we heard from Eleka.

Now, answer my question, why did the people of Ekiti voted for and put bad and lousy Fayemi in office as their governor since according to you, he did not achieve anything.?

You are still not making any sense.

Ask him to tell us how Fayose won. Let him tell us how money was shared.
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by donvicky2007: 11:29am On Jul 28, 2019
Tolexander:
not really,

Fayose didn’t complete his first tenure before he was replaced by Tunji Olurin in October, 2006.
Ekiti was declared a state of emergency then by Obasanjo

I really appreciate your kind gesture for breaking it down for me...am grateful.
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by matrixme(m): 11:29am On Jul 28, 2019
The prayer every state should always pray is that whomever chooses to represent whichever party in power have some real brain cells for the job. APC may be good for Ondo, Ekiti and Lagos States, but it is a terrible disaster for Kogi state and Nigeria as a whole. We have been on a downward spiral ever since.
For those that will quote me for divergent views, I leave this for you in advance.
"If your country is governed by the most stupid people, it is vital for you to continue going up personally while your nation and your country is going down because your country will inevitably collapse and it will be in need of people like you, people who managed to improve themselves while everything else was falling and deteriorating!"
Mehmet Murat ildan

1 Like

Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Tolexander: 11:30am On Jul 28, 2019
donvicky2007:

I really appreciate your kind gesture for breaking it down for me...am grateful.
You are welcome
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Stillthebest: 11:33am On Jul 28, 2019
And have you suddenly forgotten that Fayose as worst as he is has alot of landmark achievements to reckon with in Ekitii, Fayemi has done it once and people had nothing. Let's see his second term. So far, it has only been news and nothing developing yet...

Have you forgotten that the same Fayemiwas a solid minerals for 3 years but brought nothing to Ekiti state and to Nigeria at large or is there no solid minerals to explore in Nigeria?....

The same way he brought promassidor reps to Ekiti state, that's exactly how he brought Foreigners from Taiwan to Abj claiming the deal to explore the untapped solid minerals in Ng was at 75%... I guess 75% will never grow to 100%.. exactly how he brought white men to his campaign during his first tenure to cajole the ignorant or may be (stone age) people of Ekiti whose eyes are still on their knees..

His major achievements during first term was dualizing bisi market road, converting textile house to a near where house, and taking off of those guys he was paying 15k monthly but not regularly... Abi make I keep exposing him?... The road he constructed from immediately After Iworoko to Ifaki is almost out of shape.

Or do you want to talk about how his wife was in chargeof the govt, to the extent of slapping adaramodu(chief of staff)? I can go on and on.

If yu want to paint a government white remember people who know painstakingly the blacks in it.

He only immitated Tinubu by introducing one day Gov(good gesture tho).

Same way Fayose as you think is a disgrace to Ekiti so also Fayemi in the past ( not yet time to judge him in this second tenure)...If we judge by the level of education of both(Fayemi has always been considered because of his education) Fayose outperformed Fayemi bt for his lousiness...

Results of education is to do things differently. And he didn't do that in his first tenure...

It is high time youth woke up and stop parading stupidity everywhere. These people are only feeding fat on us all but some are there praising their lil efforts, while they are hungry and while the children of their token pay masters are living larger abroad.

Nigeria can only and ever be better when youths stop praising ineptitude...

1 Like

Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by ALISMILE(m): 11:35am On Jul 28, 2019
CapitalHYC:
NOW assholes are just too quick to forget that This same stupid Fayemi is not a first time Governor of this state and was thrown out of power, made a minister and still made no impact

Now they painting him Jesus for Us.. We ain't stupid, nobody Holy pass... I believe in Grassroot government and not an elitist one that Fayemi runs
If not for the monumental rigging of Ekiti governorship election of 2014 by GEJ using the military and police, Foyose would not have come back as governor
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by brainworkng: 11:43am On Jul 28, 2019
But he was once the governor, what impact did he make? I hope he does better now
Infinityk:
I'm from ekiti and don't really like APC
But fayose was a disgrace to ekiti,it made me to become ashamed of my state
Now a governor who is serious is in power
I hope he develops ekiti state

1 Like

Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by hush15: 11:45am On Jul 28, 2019
CapitalHYC:
NOW assholes are just too quick to forget that This same stupid Fayemi is not a first time Governor of this state and was thrown out of power, made a minister and still made no impact

Now they painting him Jesus for Us.. We ain't stupid, nobody Holy pass... I believe in Grassroot government and not an elitist one that Fayemi runs

i couldn't have put it in better words myself. Fayemi maybe doing facelift but Fayose sure addressed the grassroot. I know he learnt from the mistakes of his first tenure and decided to be more liberal in governance however it doesnt imply he is better than Fayose. All na time, posterity will judge accordingly

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by AFONAMARO: 11:52am On Jul 28, 2019
Infinityk:
I'm from ekiti and don't really like APC
But fayose was a disgrace to ekiti,it made me to become ashamed of my state
Now a governor who is serious is in power
I hope he develops ekiti state

Where were you 8 years ago when Fayemi was the governor? Where were you when you people massively campaigned for Fayose which made Fayemi loose his second term bid then?

You just found your voice?

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by DimIsaac10(m): 12:00pm On Jul 28, 2019
Fayose is by far better... I love anything that dislike Buhari and it policies...
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Enoch07: 12:04pm On Jul 28, 2019
plaindealer:
Not too long ago, Ekiti people were hungry beggars lining up on the side of the road for a can of rice and school children begging for N100.

Their future was bleak and governance was nothing short of daily insanity, shameful drama and absurdities, but now, they have sanity and good governance.

"sensesesity" will not kee dis one o. u are a desendant of king solomon
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Gandollar(f): 12:15pm On Jul 28, 2019
plaindealer:
[s][/s]

Meaningless and absolute trash, the kind of trash we get from assholes on NL everyday.

Governance is governing, creating jobs and opportunities and progress and development, not whatever silly grassroots you are blabbing about.

If Fayose was so good and Fayemi achieved nothing, why not just explain to us why the people of Ekiti removed the so good Fayose and replaced him with the bad Fayemi?

It's not by force to comment, keep quiet sometimes because you are not making any sense.

This one obviously has noodles upstairs.
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by KingWarri: 12:15pm On Jul 28, 2019
Wetin concern me this na Ekiti Wahala....

Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Opzy94(m): 12:35pm On Jul 28, 2019
stealmatic:
thank u,and u cn say dat again,dnt mind d old fool i bet my left ball if u ask him wer he s frm,he migt b frm dt 5% irelevant zone

You don't have to come out and show hatred to your fellow statesmen all in the name of political differences bro. We are one!
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by CapitalHYC(m): 12:35pm On Jul 28, 2019
ALISMILE:
If not for the monumental rigging of Ekiti governorship election of 2014 by GEJ using the military and police, Foyose would not have come back as governor

So Jonathan rigged for Fayose, but could not Rig for himself in 2015 ?? Are you joking.. Jonathan continued on the milestone left by Umaru Musa Yar'Adua...
If it were to the Tyrant Buhari.. All we would be saying by now is that There was a Nigeria
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by bouncing3: 12:35pm On Jul 28, 2019
rummmy:
fayose a disgrace to apc? Your village people must be after you
Read patiently to understand context of messages ... Dont be too in a hurry to accuse...dont let the village people eventually prevail over you ... Op meant, APC was not his choice but Fayose was not an option
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by TemmyT002(m): 12:36pm On Jul 28, 2019
Lol
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by ElsonMorali: 12:47pm On Jul 28, 2019
Jabioro:
Sighted! Another yeast breed .. nothing dey sweet Dem if it not their own it can never belly full dem..apu eaters!

Eranko ni e. Ti won ba ti e ko e nile sebi wa de ko ara e.

I think there should be a law restricting the use of mobile phones and access to psychologically immature people. You brought your lousy self and jumped on my mention without thinking. Ma je ki n si oro so si e o. angry

What is spectacular in the picture shown? Is that what development is about? Politicians know how to press your mumu buttons alright. Same thing Fayose did. Snapping pictures up and down. And if we criticise them urchins who can barely feed themselves, whose future these things have stolen will start insulting you.

Iranu oshi. Mtscheeeewww....
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by walkingred: 12:48pm On Jul 28, 2019
CapitalHYC:

So for u, grassroot mobilization means eating corn by d road side and giving poor people d impression u are with them? Governance is about providing socio-economic devt- education, healthcare, Jobs
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by omooba969(m): 12:51pm On Jul 28, 2019
crackhouse:
na wa oo. Can u imagine what a grown ass man was doing here. Lol. This man is foolish o. Who was he pretending to be talking to? Chinese investors? I am sure he wasn't aware someone took a shot from the back.

Even though Fayose made a fool of himself like Justiceleague1 does, you should also take note there are two different podiums in the two pictures - meaning Fayose attempted this nonsense twice.

This is to shows the depth of foolery & stupidity Fayose & Justiceleague1 have in common coz they've got the penchant for nauseating behaviour. grin

1 Like

Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by Jabioro: 12:55pm On Jul 28, 2019
ElsonMorali:

Eranko ni e. Ti won ba ti e ko e nile sebi wa de ko ara e.

I think there should be a law restricting the use of mobile phones and access to psychologically immature people. You brought your lousy self and jumped on my mention without thinking. Ma je ki n si oro so si e o. angry
Oponu pora mole..can the Fayose regime be compared to this Fayemi in term of decency ? Ode ni o afon fun gbemu....
What is spectacular in the picture shown? Is that what development is about? Politicians know how to press your mumu buttons alright. Same thing Fayose did. Snapping pictures up and down. And if we criticise them urchins who can barely feed themselves, whose future these things have stolen will start insulting you.

Iranu oshi. Mtscheeeewww....
Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by OlowoLagos(m): 12:56pm On Jul 28, 2019
plaindealer:

With respect, Pls which is better? Governor giving can of rice / #100 to school children (also protecting the life of his people from herdsmen) and the Governor speaking grammar, showing love to just a student as shown in d pics, (giving the life of his people to herdsmen)?

1 Like

Re: Ekiti State: A Tale Of Two Governors, Then And Now Photos by ElsonMorali: 12:59pm On Jul 28, 2019
[quote author=Jabioro post=80707501][/quote]

I don't really have the patience for your kind. I've got better things to do than to respond to every tom dick and harry that mistakenly has a brainwave.

Move along.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Supreme Court Dismisses Lyon And APC’s Application For Lacking In Merit / Fayose And Amaechi Pictured Together Laughing Out Loud (pics) / Asari Dokubo Stages Solidarity Walk For President-Elect Tinubu In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.