Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,006 members, 7,814,436 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Why I Fear Social Media – Bimbo Akintola - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why I Fear Social Media – Bimbo Akintola (29535 Views)

Desmond Elliot, Fred Amata, Segun Arinze, Bimbo Akintola Visit Ned Nwoko / Bimbo Akintola Shares Cute Throwback Photo / Photo Of Mr Ibu And Bimbo Akintola On A Plane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Fear Social Media – Bimbo Akintola by GistMore1: 6:51am On Jul 28, 2019
Pretty screen diva, Bimbo Akintola, has said that one of the things she fears the most in her life is social media.

The Oyo State-born star, who spoke with Saturday Beats earlier in the week, stated that despite its many positive sides, social media had a way of influencing people negatively.

According to the 49-year-old, many young people across Nigeria were allowing themselves to be pressured into living fake lives through what they see on social media.

While advising youths not to be carried away by what they saw on the various networking platforms they subscribed to on the Internet, Akintola stated that many people only showed the interesting parts of their lives and not the terrible sides, thus tricking many into believing that life was full of goodies.

She said, “The first thing people need to remind themselves of is that it is not everything they see on social media that is real.

“A lot of people only show the sweet sides of their lives on social media, and those who look at such do not always know that there is a sour side too.

“As far as I am concerned, social media only portrays one side of the story and not the reality of life itself and that is why I fear it so much.

“Young people must be careful not to allow social media to pressure them into leading fake lives.”

Speaking on how she had managed to keep her good looks in spite of her age, the amiable actress told Saturday Beats that the secret was nothing special.

She added, “For me, I believe maintaining a healthy lifestyle is the secret behind my looks.

“I don’t joke with exercise and rest. This has helped me to maintain my figure and the way I generally appear.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/why-i-fear-social-media-bimbo-akintola/amp/

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Fear Social Media – Bimbo Akintola by GistMore1: 6:51am On Jul 28, 2019
Re: Why I Fear Social Media – Bimbo Akintola by babyfaceafrica: 7:16am On Jul 28, 2019
i agree...social media is dangerous especially in the domain of gullible and naive people

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Fear Social Media – Bimbo Akintola by thesicilian: 7:17am On Jul 28, 2019
It is only the ignorant that believes everything they see on social media. The wise one learns to use the social media to his or her advantage and discard every other thing

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Fear Social Media – Bimbo Akintola by Tolexander: 7:18am On Jul 28, 2019
Social media also fear you!

This woman is so bursty that it can explode the social media’s traffic

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Fear Social Media – Bimbo Akintola by Goldenheart(m): 8:29am On Jul 28, 2019
cool
Re: Why I Fear Social Media – Bimbo Akintola by MzTunechi(f): 8:29am On Jul 28, 2019
wink
Re: Why I Fear Social Media – Bimbo Akintola by weyreypey: 8:30am On Jul 28, 2019
cool hanty leave social media, let's talk about your kids and hubby.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Fear Social Media – Bimbo Akintola by Abudu2000(m): 8:31am On Jul 28, 2019
Social media has taken over our youths, even at 12noon they are on instablog and tundeednut reacting like nuclear reactors. Tundeednut has the most gullible and childish followers like never seen.

Back in the day Instagram was for matured minds only but just like naira land 14-18years kids have taken over it... I thought Facebook was fading out but since the increased security maturity is now being restored on Facebook BUT I just hate that Instagram.
how can a sane person make a decision with just 6 seconds video?? Does that even sound normal at all??

14 Likes

Re: Why I Fear Social Media – Bimbo Akintola by Paroh(f): 8:31am On Jul 28, 2019
angry

You can put social media to work for you instead.

Patronize my business please. Give your left hand a break and spice up your sex life. See my signature.
Re: Why I Fear Social Media – Bimbo Akintola by jolyment: 8:31am On Jul 28, 2019
[quote author=Tolexander post=80699505]Social media also fear you!

This woman is so bursty that it can explode the social media’s [/quote

What's your problem with her breast?

3 Likes

Re: Why I Fear Social Media – Bimbo Akintola by Christafarian(m): 8:31am On Jul 28, 2019
You fear social media, yet your Instagram handle and others are full of ''advertisements''.
SMH.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Fear Social Media – Bimbo Akintola by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 28, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
i agree...social media is dangerous especially in the domain of gullible and naive people
Re: Why I Fear Social Media – Bimbo Akintola by Tolexander: 8:35am On Jul 28, 2019
[quote author=jolyment post=80701063][/quote]she didn’t allow me to touch and suck it ni
Re: Why I Fear Social Media – Bimbo Akintola by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 28, 2019
weyreypey:
you are part of the problem she is referring to.
What is your own with her hubby and children?
Do they affect yours?
Or her decision to stay single is stopping you from getting married?

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Fear Social Media – Bimbo Akintola by McBrooklyn(m): 8:38am On Jul 28, 2019
grin
Re: Why I Fear Social Media – Bimbo Akintola by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 28, 2019
At once u allow your subconscious mind to start interphasing with the unreal world of the social media blogosphere.You become it's slave unknowingly.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Fear Social Media – Bimbo Akintola by sanmtiago(m): 8:38am On Jul 28, 2019
Biggest truth of today cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Fear Social Media – Bimbo Akintola by weyreypey: 8:39am On Jul 28, 2019
Vibra:
you are part of the problem she is referring to.
What is your own with her hubby and children?
Do they affect yours?
Or it is stopping you from getting married?
I am very interested in the information. It will make my day better
Re: Why I Fear Social Media – Bimbo Akintola by Kingkun69(m): 8:43am On Jul 28, 2019
Tolexander:
Social media also fear you!

This woman is so bursty that it can explode the social media’s
like ur English is blowing my phone sad

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Fear Social Media – Bimbo Akintola by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 28, 2019
weyreypey:

I am very interested in the information. It will make my day better
SMH sad
Imagine, you have to rely on information about someone's else life to make your day better.
Is that a life?
Pele....
Do you need to know where Seun is to?
How about the details of the people killed during the Abuja protest?
That will make your day colourful right?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Fear Social Media – Bimbo Akintola by motionarena: 8:53am On Jul 28, 2019
Those days i always fantasize of banging dis chick
She is still a milf
Re: Why I Fear Social Media – Bimbo Akintola by omoadeleye(m): 8:55am On Jul 28, 2019
Sorry oo fear fear woman
Re: Why I Fear Social Media – Bimbo Akintola by Aphroditee(f): 9:01am On Jul 28, 2019
Courtney:
Working
Re: Why I Fear Social Media – Bimbo Akintola by Olodo24: 9:06am On Jul 28, 2019
I got depressed at one point in time after seeing what my old time friends were posting on Facebook. I came back to normal after I met three of them in PH.

9 Likes

Re: Why I Fear Social Media – Bimbo Akintola by ekestic1976(f): 9:14am On Jul 28, 2019
weyreypey:

What if she has personal reason for not marrying? You're such a negative skeptic.

6 Likes

Re: Why I Fear Social Media – Bimbo Akintola by ayaside(m): 9:21am On Jul 28, 2019
weyreypey:
The very reason she said she's afraid because of question like this.
Re: Why I Fear Social Media – Bimbo Akintola by Engineeriyke(m): 9:24am On Jul 28, 2019
SHARON RAINBOW 2019 SUMMER COACHING IS HERE AGAIN!!!

REGISTRATION IS ONGOING!!

36 Okeowo Street soluyi Gbagada Lagos

Register now ur child now!!!

Let's help you train your child in all ramifications!!!

Re: Why I Fear Social Media – Bimbo Akintola by martineverest(m): 9:25am On Jul 28, 2019
weyreypey:
is that your problem??....she is happy about her status

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ayo Adesanya Tries Removing Tattoo, Says It’s A Sin To Have It / Timaya: Bishop Oyedepo Is My Role Model, Older Woman Used Me As Intimacy Gadget / Banky W's Mother Praying For Him And His Wife, Adesua Etomi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.