Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,586 members, 7,823,533 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Why Are Girls Desperate To Get Married? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Girls Desperate To Get Married? (8581 Views)

When Girls Are Desperate To Get Married(pic) / I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. / Desperate To Find A Husband,is It Normal To Feel This Way? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Girls Desperate To Get Married? by Brownteeth(m): 10:48pm On Oct 15, 2010
Ladies should enlighten me please.
Re: Why Are Girls Desperate To Get Married? by queeneve: 10:49pm On Oct 15, 2010
Because you pressured them,
Re: Why Are Girls Desperate To Get Married? by Brownteeth(m): 10:53pm On Oct 15, 2010
queeneve, kindly explain how we pressure you ladies.
Re: Why Are Girls Desperate To Get Married? by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:00pm On Oct 15, 2010
Brownteeth:

i think they pressure themselves after seeing friends getting married
Re: Why Are Girls Desperate To Get Married? by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:03pm On Oct 15, 2010
Brownteeth:

i was about to as the same queen

as far as i know you can take a donkey to the river but you cant force it to drink the water

you can date a girl but you cant force or pressure her to marry you
Re: Why Are Girls Desperate To Get Married? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 15, 2010
@OP

because your society says they are nothing if they arent married
Re: Why Are Girls Desperate To Get Married? by dobodobo(m): 11:05pm On Oct 15, 2010
They pressure themselves when they are outdated and not good looking again like age 28 to 35
Re: Why Are Girls Desperate To Get Married? by queeneve: 11:08pm On Oct 15, 2010
You ask the woman how old she is and when she say she is 35 and not married, YOU THINK SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH HER,

That what I mean BY YOU MEN PRESSURING THE WOMEN,
Re: Why Are Girls Desperate To Get Married? by dobodobo(m): 11:10pm On Oct 15, 2010
Nothing do me and Nothing do you but don't wait till Outdated,the earlier the better, Truth is bitter
Re: Why Are Girls Desperate To Get Married? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Oct 15, 2010
the good majority are not necessarily forced but man the pressure
Re: Why Are Girls Desperate To Get Married? by Brownteeth(m): 11:13pm On Oct 15, 2010
queeneve, is that the main reason?
Re: Why Are Girls Desperate To Get Married? by skillero(m): 11:15pm On Oct 15, 2010
All of you are so off it?
most of them are eager because they want the liberty of making love without guilt and maybe societal expectations sha!
Re: Why Are Girls Desperate To Get Married? by queeneve: 11:18pm On Oct 15, 2010
Yes the main REASON
Re: Why Are Girls Desperate To Get Married? by HighChief4(m): 11:26pm On Oct 15, 2010
Cos they have a limited time to achieve that, plus that is literally the greatest achievement 4 them
Re: Why Are Girls Desperate To Get Married? by queeneve: 11:34pm On Oct 15, 2010
So you saying BEING MARRIED IS THE GREATEST achievement of them all?

WTF?!!!
Re: Why Are Girls Desperate To Get Married? by HighChief4(m): 12:33am On Oct 16, 2010
@Queeneve
Yes, cos a woman that is married gets more respect even in her immediate family, no matter what a woman has achieved in life, its still incomplete without a man
Re: Why Are Girls Desperate To Get Married? by queeneve: 12:39am On Oct 16, 2010
Now High you was doing good UNTIL YOU SAID THAT LAST CHIT,

A woman is not complete with out a man? Do you know what complete means? Complete means whole and to the end.

A woman is complete WITH A MAN? that means two and not one, if you take an apple and you cut it in half that become two, but if you superglue two halves together, it become one, AND YOU SAID WOMEN ARENT COMPLETE WITHOUT A MAN?!!!!

A WOMAN DOES NOT NEED A MAN TO BE COMPLETE, that what the society what the women to think, a man compliments a woman and vice versa, but a man does not complete a woman, a woman was completed when she left her mother's womb,

Ooooh lawd yall gon make me break another dish!!!
Re: Why Are Girls Desperate To Get Married? by sleekch1c(f): 12:54am On Oct 16, 2010
queeneve:

So you saying BEING MARRIED IS THE GREATEST achievement of them all?

WTF?!!!
my sister,help me ask o!
High_Chief:

@Queeneve
Yes, cos a woman that is married gets more respect even in her immediate family, no matter what a woman has achieved in life, its still incomplete without a man
boolsheet! this is 21st century dude!
Re: Why Are Girls Desperate To Get Married? by queeneve: 12:59am On Oct 16, 2010
Girl,

I am over here thinking of which dish to break!!! angry angry angry angry angry

That man up there done messed up!
Re: Why Are Girls Desperate To Get Married? by skillero(m): 6:34am On Oct 16, 2010
queeneve:

Girl,

I am over here thinking of which dish to break!!! angry angry angry angry angry

That man up there done messed up!
Hey High chief has incured the wrath of the ladies o!
I'm running off o! Ko lori dori e mu,
Re: Why Are Girls Desperate To Get Married? by Nobody: 6:54am On Oct 16, 2010
Because they want to make sure there's someone there to catch the babies when they start shooting them out of their hole.
Hard to do it all on their own.
Re: Why Are Girls Desperate To Get Married? by InkedNerd(f): 7:25am On Oct 16, 2010
Brownteeth, who told you that we were all desperate to get married?
Re: Why Are Girls Desperate To Get Married? by Ikedonn(m): 8:18am On Oct 16, 2010
Because of menupause and a woman is not complete without a man.
Re: Why Are Girls Desperate To Get Married? by MOBO444(f): 8:24am On Oct 16, 2010
Women generally all want to get married, but i will advice Black brother to be very careful here, be very careful.
Re: Why Are Girls Desperate To Get Married? by Wumine(f): 8:25am On Oct 16, 2010
Because our society puts too much pressure on them.
Re: Why Are Girls Desperate To Get Married? by InkedNerd(f): 8:27am On Oct 16, 2010
Ikedonn:

Because of menupause and a woman is not complete without a man.

And how did you come to the conclusion that we're not complete without a man?
Re: Why Are Girls Desperate To Get Married? by Ikedonn(m): 8:50am On Oct 16, 2010
That's just the truth and You know it .As long as you are a Nigerian ,if you doubt me,then don't get married and see the result.No matter where you may live now,the culture still remains.
Re: Why Are Girls Desperate To Get Married? by adagz01(m): 9:14am On Oct 16, 2010
They know the bitter truth but will never admit.

If you like be the most educated,richest,influecia etc woman and no man to show there will be a big "BUT" in ur life.
Take it or leave it
Re: Why Are Girls Desperate To Get Married? by Ikedonn(m): 9:19am On Oct 16, 2010
Thank you jare Adagz 01.I am tired for this i too know people,when they know that without a man they are partial.
Re: Why Are Girls Desperate To Get Married? by seun0622(m): 10:24am On Oct 16, 2010
queeneve:

Now High you was doing good UNTIL YOU SAID THAT LAST CHIT,

A woman is not complete with out a man? Do you know what complete means? Complete means whole and to the end.

A woman is complete WITH A MAN? that means two and not one, if you take an apple and you cut it in half that become two, but if you superglue two halves together, it become one, AND YOU SAID WOMEN ARENT COMPLETE WITHOUT A MAN?!!!!

A WOMAN DOES NOT NEED A MAN TO BE COMPLETE, that what the society what the women to think, a man compliments a woman and vice versa, but a man does not complete a woman, a woman was completed when she left her mother's womb,

Ooooh lawd yall gon make me break another dish!!!

@ queeneve

I dont think there s anything wrong with his point out there, it's just a pity that Women of nowadays have come up with various forms of woman emancipation theories which simply wont work.
I stand to repeat it loud and clear that a woman is never complete without a man,this is even without geographical limitations You might always think of this in terms of the man you date or Marry alone but quote me anywhere, No Woman , Irrespective of how influential, rich or powerful in the society she is would still strongly need a man around her even if it is just the House boy she bullies around.
It's quite unfortunate that a lot of ladies on this forum know the truth but would intentionally want to shy away from it.
Re: Why Are Girls Desperate To Get Married? by Shakey02(f): 10:36am On Oct 16, 2010
Because we live in a marriage mad society. We allow what people think to be a factor in our lives. We pretend to be something we are not because we want peoples approval or recognation. And we lack the conviction to stand up to popular opinion on how we should live our lives or how it should be.
Re: Why Are Girls Desperate To Get Married? by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 16, 2010
@shakeyo2
Thank you my sister,
We simply lack the strenght to stand up to public opinion, I am sure there are many married women out there who would have prefered to remain single but were afraid of what people will say, she could not get husband, she could not do this and that, she is a prostitute. we simply could not weather the storm joo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Guys, Will You Slap Back If Your Babe Or Any Girl Slapped You? / I Keep Smelling Her Pussy Everywhere I Go / This Should Be The Most Sexiest President On The Planet..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.