Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,380 members, 7,812,113 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

Is it possible to marry without loving? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is it possible to marry without loving? (7993 Views)

Is It Possible To Really Last Long During Sex Without Drugs And Sprays? / How Do I Tell Her I Can't Marry Without Hurting Her..? / Is It Possible To Use Finger To Dis-virgin A Girl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is it possible to marry without loving? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 18, 2017
Is it possible to marry and have a successful marriage without loving?

In the era of rushed marriages, dating without clear defined purpose, arranged marriages, I must marry by Dec 31st, my pastor hooked me up, close associates weddings, in the haste to get settled people are coerced into marriages for different reasons, the foundation of relationships are not clearly defined. With this said, is it possible to marry and then love later? How does it feel like to marry on credit, waiting for love to develop later down the line.... Can one be in a marriage with a partner that's not really loved?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is it possible to marry without loving? by ubunja(m): 5:04pm On Dec 18, 2017
romantic love based on feelings is the greatest curse in the world.coz feelings keep changing.and people keep divorcing.
arranged marriages or marriages as business transactions are better.they seem to last. when two people meet to openly exploit one another it makes for abiding unions. i know a man who married a woman with the express purpose of her giving him kids,while the man moves heaven and earth to make her life the sweetest most comfortable life he could give her. they are now old together. other couples who married out of romance have long divorced and re-married.
the love that takes its time to grow for a person lasts and lasts. the one you learn to love is the one you grow old with.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is it possible to marry without loving? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 18, 2017
ubunja:
romantic love based on feelings is the greatest curse in the world.coz feelings keep changing.and people keep divorcing.
arranged marriages or marriages as business transactions are better.they seem to last. when two people meet to openly exploit one another it makes for abiding unions. i know a man who married a woman with the express purpose of her giving him kids,while the man moves heaven and earth to make her life the sweetest most comfortable life he could give her. they are now old together. other couples who married out of romance have long divorced and re-married.
the love that takes its time to grow for a person lasts and lasts. the one you learn to love is the one you grow old with.

So Ubunja, you feel just get married and develop feelings for the person is much better than marrying someone you have feelings for...is this what you mean?
Re: Is it possible to marry without loving? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 18, 2017
Its possible but you will regret it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is it possible to marry without loving? by ubunja(m): 5:26pm On Dec 18, 2017
Jupxter:

So Ubunja, you feel just get married and develop feelings for the person is much better than marrying someone you have feelings for...is this what you mean?
YES SIR.
Romantic Love is sh!t. it didnt even exist until the Romans created it.hence the name (google is your friend)the love between man and woman was called Eros.that one in Song of Solomon.very erotic and sexual. Romantic Love is not even the Bible.coz man and woman must be brought together by the erotic not the romantic. romance is about feelings and worshiping the one you love and all that ' i will die for you' rubbish . Erotic Love on the other hand, as shown in Song of Solomon is about sex and pleasure.
marry the girl that makes your d!ck hard not the one that makes you want to go buy flowers.and women marry the guy that makes you wet not the guy that makes you feel like writing poems.
Bible is on point.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is it possible to marry without loving? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 18, 2017
ubunja:

YES SIR.
Romantic Love is sh!t. it didnt even exist until the Romans created it.hence the name (google is your friend)the love between man and woman was called Eros.that one in Song of Solomon.very erotic and sexual. Romantic Love is not even the Bible.coz man and woman must be brought together by the erotic not the romantic. romance is about feelings and worshiping the one you love and all that ' i will die for you' rubbish . Erotic Love on the other hand, as shown in Song of Solomon is about sex and pleasure.
marry the girl that makes your d!ck hard not the one that makes you want to go buy flowers.and women marry the guy that makes you wet not the guy that makes you feel like writing poems.
Bible is on point.

You're giving me ideas bra. Nice. Thanks. I'll chew on this and reflect on your comment. Makes sense.

It means besides the whole lovingitis feeling, it should be transactional, something for both parties to keep it together when the whole feelings run dry, till they rebound abi...This sounds legit

2 Likes

Re: Is it possible to marry without loving? by Kekx(m): 5:35pm On Dec 18, 2017
Sorry to conclude, But most marriages in Nigeria isn't flowing because of love.

Finance is projecting some.
Desperation is promoting some.
Some are result of much piled pressure.

I may be wrong thou.

2 Likes

Re: Is it possible to marry without loving? by Kekx(m): 5:36pm On Dec 18, 2017
*Modified*
Re: Is it possible to marry without loving? by habsydiamond(m): 5:39pm On Dec 18, 2017
It will just be like Tom marrying Jerry in a cartoon.
Re: Is it possible to marry without loving? by ubunja(m): 5:39pm On Dec 18, 2017
Jupxter:

You're giving me ideas bra. Nice. Thanks. I'll chew on this and reflect on your comment. Makes sense.

It means besides the whole lovingitis feeling, it should be transactional, something for both parties to keep it together when the whole feelings run dry, till they rebound abi...This sounds legit
thats the whole point.each must have something to lose by walking away.that will push the both of you to make it work.
u ever wonder why royals rarely divorce while the masses do? coz they never married for romantic love to begin with.it was transactional from the word go. the way Adam and Eve, Mary and Joseph did it. they were together for a bigger purpose.not just romance.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is it possible to marry without loving? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 18, 2017
ubunja:

thats the whole point.each must have something to lose by walking away.that will push the both of you to make it work.
u ever wonder why royals rarely divorce while the masses do? coz they never married for romantic love to begin with.it was transactional from the word go. the way Adam and Eve, Mary and Joseph did it. they were together for a bigger purpose.not just romance.

In essence a guy has to make a lady such a big offer that she'll find it irresistible to leave. Aiight?

You're giving me ideas bra. There must be more reasons to stay than reasons to leave. In the end, it's the reasons to stay that sustains the union. This is legit. Why didn't i cross paths with you earlier...Hmm, what do i do here. Searching mode...Ubunja, searching mode,i've got about eight ladies around me..Not so into them, what do you suggest?
Re: Is it possible to marry without loving? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 18, 2017
habsydiamond:
It will just be like Tom marrying Jerry in a cartoon.

We need to find the perfect model that'll work oh
Re: Is it possible to marry without loving? by ubunja(m): 5:45pm On Dec 18, 2017
Jupxter:

thats the whole point.each must have something to lose by walking away.that will push the both of them to make it work.

so while psychologically and mentally they have a mutual agreement to stick together, sexually they must find each other a turn on too for it to last.the heart is never included.that thing changes 100 times a year.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is it possible to marry without loving? by habsydiamond(m): 5:46pm On Dec 18, 2017
Jupxter:

We need to find the perfect model that'll work oh
which model go work well cos I no sabi ooo
Re: Is it possible to marry without loving? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 18, 2017
habsydiamond:
which model go work well cos I no sabi ooo

We're asking the same questions bro
Re: Is it possible to marry without loving? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 18, 2017
ubunja:

thats the whole point.each must have something to lose by walking away.that will push the both of them to make it work.

so while psychologically and mentally they have a mutual agreement to stick together, sexually they must find each other a turn on too for it to last.the heart is never included.that thing changes 100 times a year.

I like the part each has something to lose by walking away, argh...i missed this part earlier in life..
Re: Is it possible to marry without loving? by habsydiamond(m): 5:51pm On Dec 18, 2017
Jupxter:

We're asking the same questions bro
it's possible to marry without being in love...just like in contract marriages.....
Re: Is it possible to marry without loving? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 18, 2017
ubunja:

So, to entice the woman, to make her desire a guy, one has to placate her to make her feel she's going to be a benefactor of something great, this seduction makes her want to stay in the relationship than otherwise. Hence, guys with substance are guaranteed better guarantees in relationship than otherwise, cause all ladies want sustainability, stability and security. Hence, it's stvpid to act like a broke dude, but rather come out as one with promise that would entice a lady and keep her attracted both for the short and long term. So, the enticement is the anchor that keeps the heart of the lady attached when feelings go low, the reason to remain aboard the ship...Do you agree?
Re: Is it possible to marry without loving? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 18, 2017
habsydiamond:
it's possible to marry without being in love...just like in contract marriages.....

How sustainable is this kind of arrangement?
Re: Is it possible to marry without loving? by Oyindidi(f): 5:56pm On Dec 18, 2017
Rolex67:
Its possible but you will regret it.
Sometimes, marriages like that do better. Most of our parents didn't court or fall in love before marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Is it possible to marry without loving? by habsydiamond(m): 6:02pm On Dec 18, 2017
Jupxter:

How sustainable is this kind of arrangement?
as long as the party who initiated it keep up to his end of the bargain....by meeting all conditions attached to the contract....there won't be any problem
Re: Is it possible to marry without loving? by ubunja(m): 6:05pm On Dec 18, 2017
Jupxter:

So, to entice the woman, to make her desire a guy, one has to placate her to make her feel she's going to be a benefactor of something great, this seduction makes her want to stay in the relationship than otherwise. Hence, guys with substance are guaranteed better guarantees in relationship than otherwise, cause all ladies want sustainability, stability and security. Hence, it's stvpid to act like a broke dude, but rather come out as one with promise that would entice a lady and keep her attracted both for the short and long term. So, the enticement is the anchor that keeps the heart of the lady attached when feelings go low, the reas
on to remain aboard the ship...Do you agree?
i wouldnt put it that way.if you flash money to show her you can support her,as per what all ladies want, you will fall into the trap of what is called Alpha Fuxx, Beta Buxx. a situation that defines a good number of marriages out there: the badboy keeps fvcking and impregnating while the Nice Guy keeps supporting and financing (buxx meaning bucks)
do this: search your soul and be honest about what you need a woman for. (kids, sex or whatever) then look for the girl who can give you that while simultaneously making your d!ck hard with her appearance.that way the two heads each get their desire.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is it possible to marry without loving? by Martin0(m): 6:25pm On Dec 18, 2017
Of course it's possible to marry without love.

People do it all the time: for money/comfort, for
responsibility (usually from acting irresponsible.

I.e. pregnancy). Some cultures believe in or suffer
through arranged marriages.

Certainly You can marry without love, but
WHY Why would you give up the single most
precious thing in life? None of the above reasons
are satisfactory. I'd rather live a mediocre financial
life, even if it pissed my family off, than live
without real love.

You may "learn to love" someone, but you might
just as easily sign on for a life of mere tolerance, or
worse, resentment.

Financially, I have faith in my ability to earn at
least a moderate living. Maybe i'll never be rich,
but i'll always be ok. Money is important in life,
and yes, it aids in happiness. But it can never, ever,
replace love.

As for family, I dearly love my parents, but as sad as
it is, they're going to die one day and leave me
behind. We don't do arranged marriages, but if we
did, I'd never accept their arrangements over
finding genuine love. I want someone who'll love
me, and have me love them, in good and bad times,
sickness and health... both now and after my parents
pass. Further, part of being a good parent is loving
and supporting your child's decisions, even when it
hurts to watch. You have to let them fall sometimes.

It's part of their learning. Keeping that in mind, I
know my parents would adjust to my decision, no
matter how long it took or how hard they had to
bite their tounges.

Marry for reasons other than love? Absolutely not.
After all, we are ultimately responsible for our own
lives. Never forget that.

Lefulefu,shaybebaby,lalas247,sexybbstar,laveda,biacan,queensekxy make una come contribute oogringringrin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is it possible to marry without loving? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 18, 2017
Martin0:

without real love.

worse, resentment.

replace love.

bite their tounges.

Lefulefu,shaybebaby,lalas247,sexybbstar,laveda,biacan,queensekxy make una come contribute oogringringrin
exactly as u yarn amcheesy..our hustling brothers wey dey marry 70-85 yr old oyibo grannies are they doin it for love? What of young ladies in their early 20s married to 96 yr old grand dads...are they doin it for love? ..did oshio baba's eithopian wife marry him for love? ..did the 22 yr old girl that just got married to Chief Anenih do it for love?cheesy. So Martin0 u on pointcheesy.

1 Like

Re: Is it possible to marry without loving? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 18, 2017
Life is hard and love makes it easy so in my opinion, HELL NO!
Find love or die trying cool

2 Likes

Re: Is it possible to marry without loving? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 18, 2017
Na wa, lefulefu don come again with this sad tale of guys marrying 75 years old woman
Re: Is it possible to marry without loving? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 18, 2017
lefulefu:
exactly as u yarn amcheesy..our hustling brothers wey dey marry 70-85 yr old oyibo grannies are they doin it for love? What of young ladies in their early 20s married to 96 yr old grand dads...are they doin it for love? ..did oshio baba's eithopian wife marry him for love? ..did the 22 yr old girl that just got married to Chief Anenih do it for love?cheesy. So Martin0 u on pointcheesy.

All this your oyibo yarns ehn guy

1 Like

Re: Is it possible to marry without loving? by shaybebaby(f): 6:40pm On Dec 18, 2017
Martin0:

without real love.

worse, resentment.

replace love.

bite their tounges.

I have nothing further to add. You entered my brain, rummaged round and expressed my thoughts better than I could have. kiss
Re: Is it possible to marry without loving? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 18, 2017
Martin0:

without real love.

worse, resentment.

replace love.

bite their tounges.

Le.fulefu,shay.bebaby,lalas.247,sexyb.bstar,lave.da,biac.an,queensekxy make una come contribute oogringringrin

I've never seen you talk soo much sense shocked

I thought you were on nl for jokes grin

2 Likes

ubunja:

i wouldnt put it that way.if you flash money to show her you can support her,as per what all ladies want, you will fall into the trap of what is called Alpha Fuxx, Beta Buxx. a situation that defines a good number of marriages out there: the badboy keeps fvcking and impregnating while the Nice Guy keeps supporting and financing (buxx meaning bucks)
do this: search your soul and be honest about what you need a woman for. (kids, sex or whatever) then look for the girl who can give you that while simultaneously making your d!ck hard with her appearance.that way the two heads each get their desire.

Balance is key !
Oyindidi:
Sometimes, marriages like that do better. Most of our parents didn't court or fall in love before marriage.
parents ke? Oyindidi my dad toast my mom b4 she agree oo.their time was no more different than how it is today.the only difference is we have Facebook and android phone but their time na dat phone wey dey get circular dial dem dey usecheesy. Maybe if u talking about the jaja of opobo days then i might agree with u dat dem dey arrange women give to men.

1 Like

Re: Is it possible to marry without loving? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 18, 2017
lefulefu:
parents ke? Oyindidi my dad toast my mom b4 she agree oo.their time was no more different than how it is today.the only difference is we have Facebook and android phone but their time na dat phone wey dey get circular dial dem dey usecheesy. Maybe if u talking about the jaja of opobo days then i might agree with u dat dem dey arrange women give to men.

Bros sofri dey lie o. Haba ! Where you there when your dad toasted your mum ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Siofra Exposed. Real Pictures Of Nairalander Siofra. / Angry Black Woman - Fact Or Myth? / Please How Do I Break Up With Her ? Her Kitty-Cat Is Too Watery - Guy Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.