Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,552 members, 7,823,439 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

I am going to pioneer serious taxation for wealthy Nigerians - Aregbesola - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I am going to pioneer serious taxation for wealthy Nigerians - Aregbesola (25570 Views)

FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive / Obidient Tsunami In The Land, I Am Going Back To My Original Hustle - Chimaroke / EndSARS Protest: Fear Grips Politicians, Wealthy Nigerians Over Unabated Looting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I am going to pioneer serious taxation for wealthy Nigerians - Aregbesola by Bbbwings: 5:39pm On Jul 29, 2019
These guys celebrate poverty
They don't want you to be rich
Re: I am going to pioneer serious taxation for wealthy Nigerians - Aregbesola by emmy9500: 5:40pm On Jul 29, 2019
No economy has ever grow from a taxation aim at milking the rich, instead you give them tax breaks
Re: I am going to pioneer serious taxation for wealthy Nigerians - Aregbesola by Bluffly: 5:44pm On Jul 29, 2019
jrusky:
Really

I just don't like man that can't keep their mouth shut like Rauf just did

You have not even being confirm yet you already exposing yourself.

Buhari has not even tells you what ministry will be under you you already exposing yourself talking blabla.

Now you have just shot yourself by the foot because those affluent ones you want to go after will fight back and make sure you are relegated to either state Minister or mere ministerial portfolio like *Water Resources Minister or Tourism Minister* and tell me how you will tax the wealthy ones, Mr blabla
Come on. Trump never shut up neither did Boris. Say who you are even at the expense of your life
Re: I am going to pioneer serious taxation for wealthy Nigerians - Aregbesola by gaskiyamagana: 5:44pm On Jul 29, 2019
Mumu, he thinks Nigeria can be tamed as he did in Osun where he tax civil servants with their half salaries for 30 months.
Re: I am going to pioneer serious taxation for wealthy Nigerians - Aregbesola by Bizibi(m): 5:45pm On Jul 29, 2019
bigpicture001:
Aregeshola.for finance minister...?

Tinubu.has well placed his pipe at naija.treasury
I doubt!! Minister of finance!!! It is like giving it to a native doctor or Alfa.
Re: I am going to pioneer serious taxation for wealthy Nigerians - Aregbesola by saajus: 5:54pm On Jul 29, 2019
Tax the hell out of expensive Champagne, Private Jets, Luxury cars, Luxury goods, expensive Aso Ebi, etc. The poverty capital of the world shouldn't be littered with those stuffs.
Re: I am going to pioneer serious taxation for wealthy Nigerians - Aregbesola by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 29, 2019
E be like them never knock you jazz Rauf? No try their source of income because your case go strong pass rat wey disturb Bubu for office
Re: I am going to pioneer serious taxation for wealthy Nigerians - Aregbesola by Martinez39(m): 6:34pm On Jul 29, 2019
You can't tax your way to prosperity.
Re: I am going to pioneer serious taxation for wealthy Nigerians - Aregbesola by Seventy7kings: 6:41pm On Jul 29, 2019
jrusky:
Really

Buhari has not even tells you what ministry will be under you you already exposing yourself talking blabla.

Now you have just shot yourself by the foot because those affluent ones you want to go after will fight back and make sure you are relegated to either state Minister or mere ministerial portfolio like *Water Resources Minister or Tourism Minister* and tell me how you will tax the wealthy ones, Mr blabla
he didn't just say those, he only responded to the question he was asked by a senator.
Re: I am going to pioneer serious taxation for wealthy Nigerians - Aregbesola by crownwealth: 6:52pm On Jul 29, 2019
bigx:

Depends on the country & the number of family members you're dealing with.
Also it's closer to the real price if you deal with the country in question direct(agency fees).

Family of 4
Re: I am going to pioneer serious taxation for wealthy Nigerians - Aregbesola by naijajobx: 6:54pm On Jul 29, 2019
Oh
Re: I am going to pioneer serious taxation for wealthy Nigerians - Aregbesola by maasoap(m): 7:56pm On Jul 29, 2019
jrusky:
Really

Morron, he was asked a question on taxation
Re: I am going to pioneer serious taxation for wealthy Nigerians - Aregbesola by maasoap(m): 8:00pm On Jul 29, 2019
bigx:
They'd just move out of the country.
It's only $100k to get another passport.

Fix basic amenities like Roads and Power.
Businesses would thrive and employ massively.
Millions of comfortable middle class Nigerians would be created.
Tax them normally and make more than trying to tax the few thousand "wealthy Nigerians"

Envious, empty people like this should never near government.

Democrats do the same in USA, you hail them. Someone proposes the same thing in Nigeria, you label him envious! Dem put curse on you sons and daughters of hate
Re: I am going to pioneer serious taxation for wealthy Nigerians - Aregbesola by exponential1: 8:18pm On Jul 29, 2019
You have only one reason you do not like the man like every one of you from Biafra is inherited hate n bigotry, no more no less.

jrusky:
Really

Re: I am going to pioneer serious taxation for wealthy Nigerians - Aregbesola by jrusky(m): 8:19pm On Jul 29, 2019
maasoap:

Morron, he was asked a question on taxation

Read other comment then you will realise you are the slowpoke slowpoke who could not correct a misunderstood statement but rather go insultive. I'm so ashamed of you because you upbringing says it all.
Re: I am going to pioneer serious taxation for wealthy Nigerians - Aregbesola by jrusky(m): 8:21pm On Jul 29, 2019
exponential1:
You have only one reason you do not like the man like every one of you from Biafra is inherited hate n bigotry, no more no less.

Do your post make any sense Just asking.
Re: I am going to pioneer serious taxation for wealthy Nigerians - Aregbesola by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 29, 2019
maasoap:

Democrats do the same in USA, you hail them. Someone proposes the same thing in Nigeria, you label him envious! Dem put curse on you sons and daughters of hate

Nigerians are frustrated... We already know nothing good comes out of it....they are just using mind game with us..they know 90% of Nigerians are poor...it will always sound good to our ears that the rich will pay more tax.... But what's the use my oga...??.
U give an investor 500million to use as business and give u terrible returns at the end of 4years.. He now said if he can get extra 10million he will deliver... My brother, what he couldn't accomplish with 500million will he accomplish it with 510million??
They are just scamming us.. They introduced stamp duty charge of 50naira on all deposits, this was copied from Spain, Italy and some other European countries.. What did they do with it... The oil money, what happened to it.....they know how to raise money from masses that's their specialty, but to use it for the betterment of all is impossible for them..
Raking in more tax doesn't even make a nation rich
Re: I am going to pioneer serious taxation for wealthy Nigerians - Aregbesola by jrusky(m): 8:34pm On Jul 29, 2019
Seventy7kings:
he didn't just say those, he only responded to the question he was asked by a senator.

Thanks for the correction appreciated.
Re: I am going to pioneer serious taxation for wealthy Nigerians - Aregbesola by JonDon12: 9:27pm On Jul 29, 2019
So after they steal the money from your treasury, you will tax them 50% on it. Real smart.

100% of stolen funds * 50 % tax = 50 % recovered.

This guy is a genius.

Nigeria go better.
Re: I am going to pioneer serious taxation for wealthy Nigerians - Aregbesola by FutureIG: 10:01pm On Jul 29, 2019
bigpicture001:
Aregeshola.for finance minister...?

Tinubu.has well placed his pipe at naija.treasury

Aregbesola doesn't have any intellectual ability to become a commissioner for finance, not to talk of a minister.
Re: I am going to pioneer serious taxation for wealthy Nigerians - Aregbesola by Adeolajude(m): 10:18pm On Jul 29, 2019
Tor once davido and other yeyebrities say they have 1billion in account..just don't ask them questions.instantly tax them on it.. Lobatan
Re: I am going to pioneer serious taxation for wealthy Nigerians - Aregbesola by bigtt76(f): 10:36pm On Jul 29, 2019
Ha! Baba don show hin hand o! shocked it haf finished Abeg make I go begin the Canada moves cheesy

Elchicolo:
The immediate former governor of Osun State Rauf Aregbesola has vowed to pioneer serious taxation for wealthy people in Nigeria, when a becomes a Minister of the Federal Republic.

He said this on Monday when he was being screened by the Senate.

The minister nominee said he was responding to the senator representing Abia central, Theodore Orji who asked for his view on multiple taxation and how it affects businesses.

“The truth is, Nigeria is a federation and I am a federalist. There is a limit to what we can do on taxation in the federation. I wouldn’t have loved to go into this because it is going to be controversial.

“We have left the rich men in Nigeria without discharging their responsibility to the citizens particularly on taxation.

“So, I am going to pioneer privilege taxes for those who have huge resources or wealth from which Nigerians must tap. If I go into this, there might be some ill feelings in some quarters, so I wont go deep into that.

“I will recommend serious taxation for wealthy people in Nigeria.

“If that will now translate to lifting the burden on the state and the local government to reduce the penchant for taxes that make poor people give from their inadequate resources, of course, I will be satisfied.

“I am going to advocate a just taxation system,” he said.

Mr Aregbesola was the fourth ministerial nominee to be screened on Monday. Thirty one ministerial nominees, of the 43 sent by President Muhammadu Buhari, had been screened last week by the lawmakers.

https://www.channelstv.com/2019/07/29/im-going-to-pioneer-serious-taxation-for-wealthy-nigerians-aregbesola/
Re: I am going to pioneer serious taxation for wealthy Nigerians - Aregbesola by mrLhanray(m): 11:15pm On Jul 29, 2019
All talk and no action. Anybody who believes him can as well believe that my late grandma was a virgin before she died. All these people are the same, keep leaving one public office to occupy another office. Recycling them alongside their archaic and corrupt plans
Re: I am going to pioneer serious taxation for wealthy Nigerians - Aregbesola by Charly68: 11:24pm On Jul 29, 2019
Aregbe will tell you his mind,even if you will hate him for doing that .We need your type to change things in this nation
Re: I am going to pioneer serious taxation for wealthy Nigerians - Aregbesola by leonard509(m): 11:35pm On Jul 29, 2019
Elchicolo:
The immediate former governor of Osun State Rauf Aregbesola has vowed to pioneer serious taxation for wealthy people in Nigeria, when a becomes a Minister of the Federal Republic.

He said this on Monday when he was being screened by the Senate.

The minister nominee said he was responding to the senator representing Abia central, Theodore Orji who asked for his view on multiple taxation and how it affects businesses.

“The truth is, Nigeria is a federation and I am a federalist. There is a limit to what we can do on taxation in the federation. I wouldn’t have loved to go into this because it is going to be controversial.

“We have left the rich men in Nigeria without discharging their responsibility to the citizens particularly on taxation.

“So, I am going to pioneer privilege taxes for those who have huge resources or wealth from which Nigerians must tap. If I go into this, there might be some ill feelings in some quarters, so I wont go deep into that.

“I will recommend serious taxation for wealthy people in Nigeria.

“If that will now translate to lifting the burden on the state and the local government to reduce the penchant for taxes that make poor people give from their inadequate resources, of course, I will be satisfied.

“I am going to advocate a just taxation system,” he said.

Mr Aregbesola was the fourth ministerial nominee to be screened on Monday. Thirty one ministerial nominees, of the 43 sent by President Muhammadu Buhari, had been screened last week by the lawmakers.

https://www.channelstv.com/2019/07/29/im-going-to-pioneer-serious-taxation-for-wealthy-nigerians-aregbesola/
They will eventually find a way not to be taxed, at the end of the day it will be the middle class and the poor who don't know a legal way to skip tax that will be taxed.... If you want to know about how things in developing countries will be in the future and present, study the developed countries..
Re: I am going to pioneer serious taxation for wealthy Nigerians - Aregbesola by yusuf0876(m): 11:54pm On Jul 29, 2019
234ng44uk:
Wonder how someone who did so much damage to his state with numerous elephant projects, egregious debt burden for at least the next 3 generations to shoulder, civil servants paid half-salary for his entire 8 years, unprocessed pensions and gratuity for retirees, with zero financial sense now coming here to issue policies on finance. No hope for Nigeria with people like Aregbesola finding themselves in positions to wreck more havoc. He was a complete failure in Osun state. Now he's there in Abuja to ensure he populates his failure to the entire nation.
where is your fact and figure
Re: I am going to pioneer serious taxation for wealthy Nigerians - Aregbesola by wiseworld: 2:19am On Jul 30, 2019
highchiefpee:
Baba hafusa/halfsalary,I thought you are being screened for works minister abi what concerns ministry of works with taxation?abi you are no more a refrigerator technician..sorry ..engineer again?
can't stop laughing lol

1 Like

Re: I am going to pioneer serious taxation for wealthy Nigerians - Aregbesola by beresponsible(m): 5:56am On Jul 30, 2019
Idiot
Re: I am going to pioneer serious taxation for wealthy Nigerians - Aregbesola by 234ng44uk(m): 6:32am On Jul 30, 2019
yusuf0876:
where is your fact and figure
That's my fact. Ask Aregbesola for figures
Re: I am going to pioneer serious taxation for wealthy Nigerians - Aregbesola by chaloskyx: 1:26pm On Jul 30, 2019
well thats a welcome development but would take it seriously when you start by taxing all politicians because they have the most wealth so begin by taxing yourselves bloody thieves

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rahama Sadau Denies Been A Member Of Tinubu Women Campaign Team / Ambode Receives Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, At Government House, Ikeja (Photos) / Ambode: Tinubu Consults Governor’s Advisory Council Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.