Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Mend Again! Warns Of Another Abuja Bomb Blast - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mend Again! Warns Of Another Abuja Bomb Blast (5411 Views)

IGP Arase Again Warns Pro-biafra Protesters - Vanguard / Obasanjo Fires Again, Warns Jonathan: ‘keep Your Robust Reply, Save Nigeria!’ / Obasanjo Fires Again, Warns Jonathan: ‘keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mend Again! Warns Of Another Abuja Bomb Blast by fxmaxony(m): 7:30am On Oct 16, 2010
MOVEMENT for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND),
a militant group, has alerted the nation of a fresh plan to
attack the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, again.

This latest warning is coming on the heels of the October 1,
bomb blasts which claimed a dozen of lives and valuable
property.

Spokesperson of the insurgent network, Jomo Gbomo, in an
on-line statement on Friday evening to AkanimoReports said,
''in an obvious attempt to intimidate anyone opposed to the
presidential ambition of Goodluck Jonathan, the Nigerian
government hiding under the cloak of terrorist hunters have
been witch-hunting, falsely accusing and harassing its
perceived opponents''.

According to them, a perfect opportunity emerged on
October 1, 2010 after they detonated car bombs in a
symbolic attack in Abuja for which ''we reaffirm responsibility
but with regrets to the avoidable loss of lives''.

They claimed that the government of President Goodluck
Jonathan responded by arresting innocent persons on
trumped-up charges, linking them with the attack. ''From
Chief Raymond Dokpesi which indirectly was pointing at
former military head of state, General Ibrahim Babangida to
Henry Okah in South Africa, the government has also named
and arrested persons not connected with our actions as
suspects and masterminds'', MEND said.

They accused the South African government of playing an
''obviously partial role'' over the Independence Day Bombing
in it's alleged handling of the Henry Okah angle because ''the
Nigerian government has threatened to nationalize the South
Africa communication giant, MTN if the country does not
follow a devious script''.

MEND argued that since the court in South Africa has
allegedly turned into ''a Kangaroo one that is scandalously
biased and both governments are bent on blaming innocent
persons on ridiculous insinuations and unrelated evidence,
we have decided to carry out another attack in Abuja without
altering our mode of operation to proof the suspect’s
innocence''.

Adding, they said, ''as usual we will give a thirty minutes
advance warning to avoid civilian casualties then sit back and
watch how the blame game will be played out on all those
already falsely accused''.

http://africanexaminer.com/mend1016

Me think that all these sponsored bomb scare will cease if GEJ says I am not interested in the Presidency come 2011
Re: Mend Again! Warns Of Another Abuja Bomb Blast by fxmaxony(m): 7:34am On Oct 16, 2010
fxmaxony:

innocence''.

Adding, they said, ''as usual we will give a thirty minutes
advance warning to avoid civilian casualties then sit back and
watch how the blame game will be played out on all those
already falsely accused''.

Its a pity, the more they do this the more we Identify that they are hired to threaten the ongoing investigation and painting of GEJ black.
Re: Mend Again! Warns Of Another Abuja Bomb Blast by rhymz(m): 7:47am On Oct 16, 2010
The most annoying aspect of this whole rubbish is the inability of our security agencies and intel agency to trace the source of these emails and nab the !diots that keep masking as Gbomo Jomo to cause havoc. According to next, the email was routed through different servers but they were able to trace the ISP to zoom mobile in Lagos, yet our security agencies are resting on their oars while these criminals take charge. Does it mean there are no cyber security experts to unravel the identity of this Gbomo-gbomo abi Gbomo-jomo. . wTf!
Re: Mend Again! Warns Of Another Abuja Bomb Blast by Abagworo(m): 7:58am On Oct 16, 2010
People still fail to see that the FG is being partial in their dealings with MEND.This has nothing to do with IBB and other aspirants.Jonathan can stop this by ending Okahs persecution and restarting negotiations with real MEND and the Aaron team.Using violence or set up will lead to chaos and neo-militias next year.
Re: Mend Again! Warns Of Another Abuja Bomb Blast by Odunnu: 8:03am On Oct 16, 2010
Where in Abuja are they going to do this?
Re: Mend Again! Warns Of Another Abuja Bomb Blast by Odunnu: 8:04am On Oct 16, 2010
I need to notify my family and friends in Abuja.
Re: Mend Again! Warns Of Another Abuja Bomb Blast by pheesayor(m): 8:12am On Oct 16, 2010
The Movement for Emancipation of Niger Delta (MEND) today warned of another attack in Abuja, largely to protest the trial of Henry Okah in South Africa and what it said is the persecution Of ‘innocent people' in Nigeria.

In a statement sent by its usual spokeman, Jomo Gbomo, the group said it will "give a thirty minutes advance warning to avoid civilian casualties then sit back and watch how the blame game will be played out on all those already falsely accused."

The group, which also claimed the bomb attack (which it described as a perfect opportunity) in Abuja on the morning of the October 1, said President Goodluck Jonathan's presidential bid has been been brought above every other thing and that the federal government is involved in an "attempt to intimidate anyone opposed to the presidential ambition of Goodluck Jonathan."

Describing it as "hiding under the cloak of terrorist hunting and witch-hunting, by falsely accusing and harassing its perceived opponents," the group repeated an earlier claim that linking Raymond Dokpesi and Henry Okah in South Africa is a product of the Nigerian government threat to nationalize the South Africa communication group, MTN if South Africa does not follow its script.

NEXT's efforts to trace the origin of the email shows that although the Yahoo internet server through which it was routed is located in Spain, the person who sent the email did so from a Zoom Mobile modem here in Lagos.

Why would MEND use a yahoo email? Anyone can do that
Re: Mend Again! Warns Of Another Abuja Bomb Blast by rhymz(m): 8:22am On Oct 16, 2010
Abagworo:

People still fail to see that the FG is being partial in their dealings with MEND.This has nothing to do with IBB and other aspirants.Jonathan can stop this by ending Okahs persecution and restarting negotiations with real MEND and the Aaron team.Using violence or set up will lead to chaos and neo-militias next year.
. . . .can't believe that even you can be this gullible. This whole thing has a lot to do with GEJ's ambition to be president. . .while I wont make GEj's mistake of exonerating MEND, I strongly believe that another rogue faction of the group is being used by some politicians to wreck havoc in order to intimidate, cause confusion and give Nigerians a bad impression of GEJ not being in control. . .of all the ppl to worry abt their prosecution, IBB made the list of ppl MEND was sympathising with, dont U see the handwriting on the wall. . .
Re: Mend Again! Warns Of Another Abuja Bomb Blast by favouredjb(f): 8:23am On Oct 16, 2010
@odunnu,lol @ ur question,

On a more serious note,so dis naija goverment can't trace all dis stupid emails and unravel d person(s) behind the name jomo gbomo?
Re: Mend Again! Warns Of Another Abuja Bomb Blast by Abagworo(m): 8:34am On Oct 16, 2010
rhymz:

. . . .can't believe that even you can be this gullible. This whole thing has a lot to do with GEJ's ambition to be president. . .while I wont make GEj's mistake of exonerating MEND, I strongly believe that another rogue faction of the group is being used by some politicians to wreck havoc in order to intimidate, cause confusion and  give Nigerians a bad impression of GEJ not being in control. . .of all the ppl to worry abt their prosecution, IBB made the list of ppl MEND was sympathising with, dont U see the handwriting on the wall. . .

Believe me this has nothing to do with Politics.I noticed that militants like Asari and Ateke came to Abuja to claim MEND.Henry Okah is not in good terms with those militants.Don't you think that the FG is rather hosting the wrong people?What happened to the Aaron team?There are several questions that need to be answered.Nigeria's oil industry almost collapsed because of Henry Okahs earlier detention until FG was forced to release him.You can also notice that no group demanded for Asari's release when he was under detention.Just like I earlier wrote,if the FG fails to establish true federalism and resource control,I foresee rise of MASSOB,MOSOP and a new Efik/Ibibio militia.The Niger Delta issue needs to be addressed with urgency.
Re: Mend Again! Warns Of Another Abuja Bomb Blast by slap1(m): 9:07am On Oct 16, 2010
Can't these born again militants confirm the exisence or otherwise of this Gbomo Jomo? I pity the innocent Abuja residents that will die as a result of this. My advice is, stay indoors, abeg.
Re: Mend Again! Warns Of Another Abuja Bomb Blast by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 16, 2010
I hope Jonathan will soon come out with another silly comment again cuz he has been the only one seeing and meeting with the militants.Nigeria has become a lawless country under jonathan.
Re: Mend Again! Warns Of Another Abuja Bomb Blast by toluxa1(m): 2:07pm On Oct 16, 2010
~Bluetooth:

I hope Jonathan will soon come out with another silly comment again cuz he has been the only one seeing and meeting with the militants.Nigeria has become a lawless country under jonathan.

You're thinking exactly the way the people behind this rubbish want you to think.
Re: Mend Again! Warns Of Another Abuja Bomb Blast by baslone: 2:26pm On Oct 16, 2010
perceived opponents''

Why would any sane person use this as an excuse to release a bomb!!

This madness has nothing to do with the Niger Delta hustle.

It's purely political and personally I believe Gej knows exactly what he's saying!
Re: Mend Again! Warns Of Another Abuja Bomb Blast by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 16, 2010
Re: Mend Again! Warns Of Another Abuja Bomb Blast by spicyhoney(f): 2:30pm On Oct 16, 2010
Gosh! This better not be true.

But this is not funny any more, why Abuja of all places? Jonathan should better do something quick about this rubbish, how can they be playing with innocent people's lives in this manner? So now we won't sleep with our two eyes closed again or people who have offices at NASS and the Villa will now stop going to work or what. . .c
Re: Mend Again! Warns Of Another Abuja Bomb Blast by comechop(m): 2:36pm On Oct 16, 2010
madness.
Re: Mend Again! Warns Of Another Abuja Bomb Blast by gidson12(m): 2:39pm On Oct 16, 2010
God help us
Re: Mend Again! Warns Of Another Abuja Bomb Blast by samoks(m): 2:41pm On Oct 16, 2010
Naija Here we go again, Its no longer a battle of the creeks, but they are taking it to the government.

All those hypocrites saying JOMO GBOMO is HENRY OKAH, I am waiting for you guys to come up with another Theory. or was OKAH released from SA to hurry down to Lagos to send the email and go back to SA?

It is time we sit down and try out the suggestions that MEND are making, that is the only way this Country will improve, Lets adopt the Confederal system of Government, or Let every state control its resourse, PERIOD. Every state in Nigeria is naturally endowed,

pheesayor:

Why would MEND use a yahoo email? Anyone can do that

Do you expect MEND to open a website and own a domain name?

I just hope this time around they target ASO ROCK and NATIONAL ASSEMBLY. Missile or Rocket launchers can do the JOB.
Re: Mend Again! Warns Of Another Abuja Bomb Blast by AbuMaryam1(m): 2:42pm On Oct 16, 2010
I dont care whom MEND are working for, enough is enough our leaders no de hear for God sake, hit dem bastard, untill they revert.
Re: Mend Again! Warns Of Another Abuja Bomb Blast by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 16, 2010
baslone:

perceived opponents''

Why would any sane person use this as an excuse to release a bomb!!
This madness has nothing to do with the Niger Delta hustle.
It's purely political and personally I believe Gej knows exactly what he's saying!
Why because they think they can prevent the SSS from carrying out their investigation. It has nothing to do with the Niger Delta question.
Re: Mend Again! Warns Of Another Abuja Bomb Blast by Nostradamu(m): 2:57pm On Oct 16, 2010
, I really appreciate the fact that mend are agitating for a better Niger Delta,hence a better Nigeria (i want to believe) and corporate governance in the our country, what really baffles me now is the fact that,they now seem to be losing 'focus';cos if they're nut losing focus why wud dey b killing innocent citizens (if it's actually MEND anyway) and apologizing, ? wen the fed went into Niger Delta and started their 'rambo' stunts every Nigerian irrespective ethnic affiliation was behind the ND ppl and as always,we're still behind them,but we won't (my very good self and i want to believe the rest of well meaning Nigerians) stand and let MEND (if actually it's MEND) become another 'FEDERAL GOVERMENT'  in the making. The FED have been known to be irresponsible in their approach towards the common Nigerian,which is bout to stop by 'fire by force', (and probably the rich Nigerian too) when it comes to issues that affect their lives positively, it in this light that i hope it's nut MEND that's behind this 'carnage' in Abuja, and i want to use this medium to appeal to whoever it is (if they use the internet) to know that IF NIGERIA FALLS INTO ANARCHY,THEY CAN RUN BUT THEY CANNOT HIDE. Please 'Peace is better than Pieces' remember dat!!!!
Re: Mend Again! Warns Of Another Abuja Bomb Blast by okeyxyz(m): 3:03pm On Oct 16, 2010
NO, IT'S NOT MEND!!
"It's a small terrorist group outside d shores of nigeria"
Re: Mend Again! Warns Of Another Abuja Bomb Blast by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 16, 2010
Nostradamu:

, I really appreciate the fact that mend are agitating for a better Niger Delta,hence a better Nigeria (i want to believe) and corporate governance in the our country, what really baffles me now is the fact that,they now seem to be losing 'focus';cos if they're nut losing focus why wud dey b killing innocent citizens (if it's actually MEND anyway) and apologizing, ?
Yet what makes you think it has anything to do with MEND? Who has the motive, the opportunity, the means, and the lack of integrity to launch bombing attacks in Abuja at this present political campaign time:-

1) Ambitious military politicians or 2)Disarmed and coopted militants?

Stop being so gullible!
Re: Mend Again! Warns Of Another Abuja Bomb Blast by location(m): 3:21pm On Oct 16, 2010
why is Goodluck covering MEND and accusing Dokpesi instead.

Or is he weak to confront the reality on ground that MEND are still alive and kicking real hard grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mend Again! Warns Of Another Abuja Bomb Blast by Princek12(m): 3:24pm On Oct 16, 2010
Jonathan just called me; he told me to tell you guys that the call did not originate from MEND, but from a group of 419ers who are playing pranks on the government. He said Tafawa Balewa sponsored the group.
Re: Mend Again! Warns Of Another Abuja Bomb Blast by Donmeca(m): 3:27pm On Oct 16, 2010
Confusion in d air! I suspect diversionary tactics from Orkah/IBB/Dokpesi yet govt boys can also read this to mean IBB bought MEND over thus someone close to the Villa may know about this mail. I won't say much now but I hope my confusion doesn't take too long to clear. God I beg u to guide our leaders aright.
Re: Mend Again! Warns Of Another Abuja Bomb Blast by Nostradamu(m): 3:46pm On Oct 16, 2010
@ tensor777, tanks a bunch,dat u even took d time to read my reply is gud enough;however make no mistake,my comment (if u read it very well) has a clause -if it's actually MEND-, i really appreciate ur point, no mind dem na dem "kill am and na dem cut am too" bt the reason for my comment is the fact that there's a limit to the info or intel dat u n i are predisposed to (assuming dat u N i are regular Nigerians). In other parlance (e.g. C.I.A) it's called "classified info" or "eyes only".Bottom line, as much as i want to (VERY SRTONGLY TOO) believe it's nut MEND,one cannot help but aslo include MEND in the list of "usual suspects" !!!!
nice one though @ tensor7777
Re: Mend Again! Warns Of Another Abuja Bomb Blast by Nsiman(m): 3:53pm On Oct 16, 2010
If this is real, We shld see this game clearly, the northern political leaders wants gej not to run for 2011 polls and this attack is coming now can't we see that they may hide under 'mend's canopy' to create confusion so as to have excuses of insecurity? There may be unscrupulous former mend members that refused the amnesty deal of the FG and new the password of this email address and are aiding the northern political leaders. Ibb is knwn as the introducer of bomb into nigeria political system and who knows how many bomb he is keeping?
Re: Mend Again! Warns Of Another Abuja Bomb Blast by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 16, 2010
Princek12:

Jonathan just called me; he told me to tell you guys that the call did not originate from MEND, but from a group of 419ers who are playing pranks on the government. He said Tafawa Balewa sponsored the group.
ha ha ha! I heard different bruv. I learnt robin hood, Darth  Vader, Agent Smith, The Joker and John dillinger have now formed a new MEND faction and are the ones doing the bombing.
Re: Mend Again! Warns Of Another Abuja Bomb Blast by okeyxyz(m): 4:21pm On Oct 16, 2010
tensor777:

Yet what makes you think it has anything to do with MEND? Who has the motive, the opportunity, the means, and the lack of integrity to launch bombing attacks in Abuja at this present political campaign time:-

1) Ambitious military politicians or 2)Disarmed and coopted militants?

Stop being so gullible!

Talk abt being gullible, how can u possibly believe d militants r disarmed & coopted? is it d handful of RPGs, machine guns, & AK47s dat were presented on TV as turned-in weapons? if these were truely d amount of weapons, then they'd not b d formidable force they were to force d govt 2 negotiate. Gullible in deed!
Re: Mend Again! Warns Of Another Abuja Bomb Blast by paulgreat(m): 4:34pm On Oct 16, 2010

innocence''.

[/color]

[size=16pt][b]Nigerians are more intelligent than these games, any rational being would understand better, the truth behind these game from ur post, u guys have made it an open secret to us. why are u trying to kill more lives just to exonerate OKAH, IBB, AND DOPEKSI by preparing another explosion? remember whatever goes up must come down. the Jugdement of God will prevail. Nigeria does not belong to any ethnic group, political party, region, but to Nigerians. the truth will unveil [/b][/size]itself[/color][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/font][/font][/font][/size][/size][/b]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N1.3tr Fuel Subsidy Fund: Efcc Invites 38 Oil Marketers / Installation Of Solar Power Supply Completed In 6 Airports / Hell Will Break Loose In The Nation If Ekweremadu – Pdp senator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.