Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,205 members, 7,849,721 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:39 AM

Coalition Of Lawyers, NGO Fault Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest, Detention - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coalition Of Lawyers, NGO Fault Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest, Detention (12491 Views)

Lauretta Onochie On Sowore Arrest: “DSS Saved Him From Setting Self Ablaze” / Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest By DSS Over #revolutionnow Protest / #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coalition Of Lawyers, NGO Fault Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest, Detention by michoim(m): 7:38am On Aug 06, 2019
Stupid coalition
Re: Coalition Of Lawyers, NGO Fault Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest, Detention by Obas101(m): 7:45am On Aug 06, 2019
awetaiye2015:
Buhari has belittled himself finally
i swear. he has finally lost my support
Re: Coalition Of Lawyers, NGO Fault Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest, Detention by beardedboy(m): 7:48am On Aug 06, 2019
harmbhrosz:
just 6.am you're already here to defend Buhari, na wa o

Is it your defend?

Or didn't you see some other folks who arrived earlier to attack PMB?

Let the guy fight for what he believes in.
Re: Coalition Of Lawyers, NGO Fault Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest, Detention by desiredmee(m): 7:53am On Aug 06, 2019
jumper524:
this lawyers are major problem to this country.
someone treated to take an action that is capable of throwing this country into imbalance and you expect the govt to sit and watch because it's democracy??
what manner of democracy is that?
words like this makes me pray for dictatorship cos people take too much advantage of this democracy..

Your thinking is legendary dull and obsolete....so Nigeria is in a balance state as it were....you no just get sense at all,small pikin like you I no blame you an cheap android phone and data I blame
Re: Coalition Of Lawyers, NGO Fault Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest, Detention by woleabayo(f): 7:59am On Aug 06, 2019
eyesoflagos:
Coalition of lawyers, NGO fault Omoyele Sowore’s arrest, detention
source : https://eyesoflagos.com/2019/08/06/coalition-of-lawyers-ngo-fault-omoyele-sowores-arrest-detention/

The Coalition of Public Interests Lawyers and Advocates (COPA) and the United Global Resolve for Peace (UGRFP) have faulted the arrest and detention of Mr Omoyele Sowore.

The groups, in separate statements issued on Monday in Abuja, described the detention of Sowore, the founder of SaharaReporters Group and Convener of the #RevolutionNow Movement, as needless and ill-advised.

Eyes Of Lagos learnt that, The Convener of COPA, Pelumi Olajengbesi, said the group had the right to congregate, protest and express their reservations about the Federal Government policies or its leadership direction.

“The objectives and the much publicised move by the group to protest via an organised peaceful march against state policies is a democratically recognised means of engagement with any elected government.

“The arrest of Sowore in the late hours of the night as a pre-emptive strike against an unfounded allegation of treason is a farcical move and one that ridicules the government and the security arm that carried out the arrest.

“COPA is shocked and disheartened over such a brazen attack on free speech and right to peaceful assembly.

“In fact, the arrest and continued detention of Sowore is an exhibition of brute force, a clampdown on constitutional liberty and a gradual descent into anarchy.

“It is way too soon to relive all over again the signature moves of military dictatorship; no country should ever have political thoughts and speeches policed by the state,” he said.

Olajengbesi said that COPA viewed the excuse given by the Federal Government over Sowore’s arrest as an insult to public intelligence and sensibility.

“The legal definition of treason is not dictated to by executive whims but by clearly laid down laws and state conventions.

“The arrest of Mr Sowore was reactionary and badly advised, thus leading to the flimsy premise given for it,” Olajengbesi said.

He urged the government to see revolution as changing of status quo, maintaining that organising a protest for revolution was never a call for anarchy but a demand for genuine change.

Also, Shalom Olaseni, Executive Director, UGRFP, said no society would truly be free if thoughts were regulated by their conformity or variance with government position.

Olaseni said that in as much as his group was not holding brief for any political movement or allowing political colorations to taint its positions on national issues, it was necessary for the rule of law to be respected.

According to him, all the agitations by aggrieved sympathisers or members of Sowore‘s #RevolutionNow movement must be tempered with common sense and accorded with disciplined action.

He said that dialogue, rather than violent action, was the modern world’s tool for reconciliation and the achievement of set goals.

“We are properly apprised of insinuations that the #RevolutionNow movement is unconstitutional and perhaps, treasonable. Let it be stated that such a claim is a tall one that cannot be addressed without tact.

“The #RevolutionNow movement ought to be properly monitored until it becomes clear and unimpeachable that an attempt to create an alternative government or encourage a coup against the government is suspected. These are the elements of treason.

“We will like to caution the conveners and participants of such movement that such gatherings must not have a militant posturing that will draw security concerns or stoke civil unrest.

“All rights are only as absolute as they exist within the parameters of the law. It is our hope that this matter will be resolved as amicably as the circumstance permits,” Olaseni said.

He said that the group would continue to follow unfolding events with the aim of intervening, where necessary and possible in the interest of peace and order.
thats what we deserved ........we no warn u wen una shout say baba say babu babu ...... u de see military power now una de complain ...... una go hear wen .....lolzzzzzzzzzzzz
Re: Coalition Of Lawyers, NGO Fault Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest, Detention by jumper524(m): 8:01am On Aug 06, 2019
ccudoye:
Seems you're writing with your anus, if you need dictatorship you must allow those who cherish democracy to go.

Between Duffer PMB and Sowere who do you think has respect for rule of law?

PMB who uses different strokes for different folks or Sowere who demand for real change not deception?

IPOB and SHI'ITES are labeled terrorists even in the face of peaceful protest,but useless Fulani herdsmen that have maimed, killed and destroyed properties worth billions are been defended by their founder to be innocent.

In the face of all these civil provocations do you think Nigerians will remain cowardice fly.

Take it or leave it,until PMB change for good, he must surely be down.

ipob are terrorist group hiding under the umbrella of democracy on several occasions they openly tried to proclaim arms and throw the country into chaos,
Shai u know protests are hardly ever peaceful ask kaduna citizens about their public immorality,
armed bandits are terrorist and you also know that, if the media decides to label all bandits that mostly uses cutlass as fulani then there's a problem.
my school we have been living with fulanis for years now even before I came there and yet no attack or treat to life despite students stealing from their farms on several occasions.
recently there was attack by cultists on the school medical hostel that was clearly done by cultists the media quickly rushed and termed them fulani.
something that was obviously done by cult groups.

here's a link in of a story that was posted and unverified here on nairaland about fulani herdsmen

https://www.nairaland.com/3879648/fulani-man-killed-bush-university#57794099

the truth of this story was that the guy injured (he didn't die) was actually a fulani who's well known by students for stealing, even inside hostels he has been caught once which I witnessed very well.
the guy was initially injured for stealing yams from his fellow fulanis farm and was wounded by the same fulanis.
but the media brought it a different way.

armed bandits are terrorist irrespective of the tribe.
terming an entire tribe terrorist is very wrong.

is just like terming Yoruba ritualist because they mostly go into skull minings or igbo drug dealers..
Re: Coalition Of Lawyers, NGO Fault Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest, Detention by jumper524(m): 8:12am On Aug 06, 2019
desiredmee:

Your thinking is legendary dull and obsolete....so Nigeria is in a balance state as it were....you no just get sense at all,small pikin like you I no blame you an cheap android phone and data I blame
me small pikin?
it's alright man m.
no worries
Re: Coalition Of Lawyers, NGO Fault Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest, Detention by Teacher1776(m): 8:23am On Aug 06, 2019
jumper524:
someone treated to take an action that is capable of throwing this country into imbalance and you expect the govt to sit and watch because it's democracy??
words like this makes me pray for dictatorship cos people take too much advantage of this democracy..
Is it your imbalance?
is the country even balanced as it is?
As citizens we are just too docile and complacent, to the point that, even when nothing is working, we simply just hope and pray that in 8 years another ruler will emerge to change the status quo. and you call that the beauty of democracy. Hell no. True democracy emanates from the ability of you the electorate to demand for quality standard of living from those you claimed to have been elected. if those u elected have grown so powerful to the extent of preventing such platform for advocating these demands, then u are doomed for life. You are then worse than a slave.
And to think of it. These masters you now serve are not even better than u health wise. Even their intelligence quota is far below yours.
Rather than blame the lawyers, you must fashion out measures of emancipating your self from mental slavery.
Re: Coalition Of Lawyers, NGO Fault Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest, Detention by GEEBITE: 8:28am On Aug 06, 2019
His case is hopeless.
harmbhrosz:
just 6.am you're already here to defend Buhari, na wa o
Re: Coalition Of Lawyers, NGO Fault Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest, Detention by luluman: 8:41am On Aug 06, 2019
jumper524:
Don't be hypocritically stvpid now, You dumbly blame lawyers as if you are not any intelligent.Were you not there when several actions going on in the country that could throw the country into imbalance were ignored by the govt? Better shut up & don't waste your data.
Re: Coalition Of Lawyers, NGO Fault Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest, Detention by drlateef: 8:57am On Aug 06, 2019
The lawyers should be arrested for aiding and abbeting forceful take over of government. Sowore is being arrested for treasonable felony with death sentence as punishment.
Re: Coalition Of Lawyers, NGO Fault Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest, Detention by shegra58: 9:22am On Aug 06, 2019
jumper524:
which country Dem won throw to imbalance? The country balance before?
Re: Coalition Of Lawyers, NGO Fault Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest, Detention by DammyGbade(m): 9:42am On Aug 06, 2019
Sowore is about to get rotten in prison shocked... You think Yoruba people care like the Shiite? Na OYO he dey... Go ask MKO grin
Re: Coalition Of Lawyers, NGO Fault Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest, Detention by kyrianken(m): 11:48am On Aug 06, 2019
Someone gave the government 14days to implemented RUGA and yet still works the street free. Someone once promised if he looses the election that blood will flow and today he is ur President. Oga he that much come to equity must come with clean hands
Re: Coalition Of Lawyers, NGO Fault Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest, Detention by ccudoye(m): 12:37pm On Aug 06, 2019
I understand your point clearly, but who has ever found arms with ipob or Shi'ites?

When has it become legal for Fulani herdsmen to use gun unlicensed even AK47?

Why should the president treat Fulani herdsmen differently like they're more Nigerians than other?

Now you posted a link and told story of wrong accusation against herders,why not post the recent links where their victims testify that Fulani herdsmen attacked them.

Just last week,you should've read about RCCG pastors abduction and others attacked by the herders.

I have also had personal encounter with them and reported to the police but they were released.

If Nigeria must be one,then pmb should treat us equally else Nigeria will be divided under his leadership

jumper524:
ipob are terrorist group hiding under the umbrella of democracy on several occasions they openly tried to proclaim arms and throw the country into chaos,
Shai u know protests are hardly ever peaceful ask kaduna citizens about their public immorality,
armed bandits are terrorist and you also know that, if the media decides to label all bandits that mostly uses cutlass as fulani then there's a problem.
my school we have been living with fulanis for years now even before I came there and yet no attack or treat to life despite students stealing from their farms on several occasions.
recently there was attack by cultists on the school medical hostel that was clearly done by cultists the media quickly rushed and termed them fulani.
something that was obviously done by cult groups.

here's a link in of a story that was posted and unverified here on nairaland about fulani herdsmen

https://www.nairaland.com/3879648/fulani-man-killed-bush-university#57794099

the truth of this story was that the guy injured (he didn't die) was actually a fulani who's well known by students for stealing, even inside hostels he has been caught once which I witnessed very well.
the guy was initially injured for stealing yams from his fellow fulanis farm and was wounded by the same fulanis.
but the media brought it a different way.

armed bandits are terrorist irrespective of the tribe.
terming an entire tribe terrorist is very wrong.

is just like terming Yoruba ritualist because they mostly go into skull minings or igbo drug dealers..
Re: Coalition Of Lawyers, NGO Fault Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest, Detention by Emmannn101(m): 2:39pm On Aug 06, 2019
jumper524:

People like you are contented with mediocrity.
RevolutionNow, kee yourself Buhari slaves

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abuja's Poor Lighting: What Buhari, Bello, FCTA Must Know / Dapo Abiodun Wins Ogun APC Guber Primary / Chimaroke Nnamani: FBI Not Looking For Me, I Just Returned From The US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.