Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,004 members, 7,849,049 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 01:52 PM

MURIC Leader Akintola: "We Oppose, 'Revolution Now', But Want Sowore To Be Freed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MURIC Leader Akintola: "We Oppose, 'Revolution Now', But Want Sowore To Be Freed (11177 Views)

US: Why We Oppose Okonjo-iweala’s Election As WTO DG / Abraham Amuta Rejects Offer To Be Freed By Boko Haram, Dumps Christianity / DSS Begged Sowore To Accept 'Death Warrant' Deal - Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MURIC Leader Akintola: "We Oppose, 'Revolution Now', But Want Sowore To Be Freed by Gentlewarrior1(m): 11:08am On Aug 07, 2019
holllandis:

You are the problem with Nigeria
Mediocrity
Well said
Re: MURIC Leader Akintola: "We Oppose, 'Revolution Now', But Want Sowore To Be Freed by eneyoduke(m): 11:09am On Aug 07, 2019
After smoking weed, my neighbor came back high and he has been knocking at his door for 2 hours yet he stays alone... Should I tell him that He is not around?
Re: MURIC Leader Akintola: "We Oppose, 'Revolution Now', But Want Sowore To Be Freed by descartes400: 11:12am On Aug 07, 2019
Amah70:

Akintola, so long as one Nigeria exists, things shall get worse than this.

Nigeria will get better!
Re: MURIC Leader Akintola: "We Oppose, 'Revolution Now', But Want Sowore To Be Freed by Kingosytex(m): 11:12am On Aug 07, 2019
sogodihno:

You too want sowore release? Sowore is a Yoruba man o, not Igbo. U people have said it is a Yoruba fight now, what concerns u again?

May it never be well with lord lugard in the hell that he is, for lumping us up with these useless people and gave them access to our land. Mtchew.

I am an Igbo man and i have never been tribalistic. Before tribe, we all are humans. I always stand for justice.

1 Like

Re: MURIC Leader Akintola: "We Oppose, 'Revolution Now', But Want Sowore To Be Freed by daroz(m): 11:14am On Aug 07, 2019
Where in the statement did he ask Buhari to free Sowore?

According to him, Buhari only failed in his first term because of the 8th senate .... lol

By the way, I thought MURIC is supposed to be a religious group...
The idiot is so pro-Buhari.

1 Like

Re: MURIC Leader Akintola: "We Oppose, 'Revolution Now', But Want Sowore To Be Freed by Amah70: 11:16am On Aug 07, 2019
descartes400:

Nigeria will get better!

You sound like a Jihadi?

Nigeria can get better for the JIhadis only when they capture the whole of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: MURIC Leader Akintola: "We Oppose, 'Revolution Now', But Want Sowore To Be Freed by Angelfrost(m): 11:17am On Aug 07, 2019
MURIC, MURIC, Mothafvcking MURIC... So, the blame finally shifted from Jonathan to Saraki-led NASS?... I wonder who we will blame by 2023... Maybe Shittes and El-ZAkzaky.

Talk about comic relief... See how elders are fooling around. SAD!!!

2 Likes

Re: MURIC Leader Akintola: "We Oppose, 'Revolution Now', But Want Sowore To Be Freed by philoedu(m): 11:34am On Aug 07, 2019
Yes , enough of any hasty judgment of any kind, instead, we should get down to do the basics through the Nigerian historical back-ground, to figure our some of the turning issues and individual that is really responsible for the setbacks.
Re: MURIC Leader Akintola: "We Oppose, 'Revolution Now', But Want Sowore To Be Freed by philoedu(m): 11:35am On Aug 07, 2019
Yes , enough of any hasty judgment of any kind, instead, we should get down to do the basics through the Nigerian historical back-ground-check to figure our some of the turning issues and individuals responsible for the setbacks.
Re: MURIC Leader Akintola: "We Oppose, 'Revolution Now', But Want Sowore To Be Freed by philoedu(m): 11:39am On Aug 07, 2019
Yes , enough of any hasty judgment of any kind, instead, we should get down to do the basics through the Nigerian historical back-ground-check to figure our some of the turning issues and individuals responsible for the setbacks.
Re: MURIC Leader Akintola: "We Oppose, 'Revolution Now', But Want Sowore To Be Freed by iamjavadem(m): 12:03pm On Aug 07, 2019
It was not called a revolution. Sowore should have used another name.
RIHMEEK:
Pls sir/madam was he supposed to be arrested in the first place? During the occupy Nigeria were any of the guys in power today arrested during the protests?
Re: MURIC Leader Akintola: "We Oppose, 'Revolution Now', But Want Sowore To Be Freed by Gandollaar(f): 12:09pm On Aug 07, 2019
sogodihno:

You too want sowore release? Sowore is a Yoruba man o, not Igbo. U people have said it is a Yoruba fight now, what concerns u again?

May it never be well with lord lugard in the hell that he is, for lumping us up with these useless people and gave them access to our land. Mtchew.
Hahahaha... please do you still have any ancestral lands remaining in your family? I will pay you so much your life will never remain the same
Re: MURIC Leader Akintola: "We Oppose, 'Revolution Now', But Want Sowore To Be Freed by Isoduwa(m): 12:17pm On Aug 07, 2019
Buhari is your nigga
Re: MURIC Leader Akintola: "We Oppose, 'Revolution Now', But Want Sowore To Be Freed by Otunba2004(m): 12:27pm On Aug 07, 2019
The two most dangerous citizens are;

1. The one that hates a government so much that it wishes it to fail to the detriment of the people. (Buhari and the Opposition before 2015 Elections)

2. The one that loves a government so much that she/he turns a blind eye to its failures to the detriment of the people. (Buhari and Supporters since 2015)

Advice: Be a citizen that is loyal to the people and country at all times, and to the government when it deserves it.
Governments and Presidents will come and go, but THE COUNTRY �� shall forever remain.

2 Likes

Re: MURIC Leader Akintola: "We Oppose, 'Revolution Now', But Want Sowore To Be Freed by package7(m): 1:08pm On Aug 07, 2019
Slave Akinola has finally voice out. God go punish you with your fake movement Omo Ale jatijati.
Re: MURIC Leader Akintola: "We Oppose, 'Revolution Now', But Want Sowore To Be Freed by SillyMods: 2:01pm On Aug 07, 2019
RIHMEEK:
When the current administration were busy making promises to Nigerians during the 2015 election and recent election, were the drunk? Are they not the ones that told Nigerians that any serious government will fix the power situation in 6months? were they high on carbon monoxide when they were making promises of 3millions job creations? Were they sniffing inside the shoes that have been worned for 6months without cleaning when the said they will fight Boko Haram from the front? Were they not the proponents of occupy Nigeria?... Using force at the slightest provacation... Progressive party my foot...
At the end, your party and whoever you supported still lost the election in February. Why do you in your right senses think you can remove a Buhari who enjoys massive support through a revolution?
Re: MURIC Leader Akintola: "We Oppose, 'Revolution Now', But Want Sowore To Be Freed by ZookieZookie(m): 4:58pm On Aug 07, 2019
Las Las this man make a lot of sense on this, kudos Prof. i'm with you on this.
Re: MURIC Leader Akintola: "We Oppose, 'Revolution Now', But Want Sowore To Be Freed by Mariamandy88: 6:07pm On Aug 07, 2019
EkunKekere:
Revolution Now: Islamic group speaks on calls for change of Buhari Govt

Published on August 7, 2019

Noting that MURIC had called for the release or arraignment of Omoyele Sowore, leader of Revolution Now movement, Akintola noted that the conveners have lost touch with reality.

“How do you judge an administration which is yet to take off in its second term? What are the criteria the #Revolutionnow group has used to arrive at its hardline position?, he quipped.

“This is an administration that was ambushed, strangulated and sarakitised from the first day of its inauguration in May 2015. Are they blind to history? Today was born from the wombs of yesterday.

‘Why can’t they take a glance at where this administration is coming from? Have they forgotten how the 8th National Assembly (NASS) held the Buhari administration by the jugular for four good years?

“So what has changed since then? How much time has Buhari spent in his second term? He has not even taken off. Wednesday 21st August has just been fixed for the swearing-in of ministers. Why won’t they allow this government to settle down? Who is afraid of Buhari? Whose cupboard is full of skeletons? Why are they in so much haste?

“Does it mean that both the leaders and supporters of #Revolutionnow were pleased with the sarakitisation of Buhari’s first term? Where really do they stand in the war against corruption? Where were they when the 8th Senate delayed budget for seven whole months?

“We put it to #Revolutionnow that it has misplaced its priorities and failed to identify the true enemies of Nigeria. #Revolutionnow should have organized its uprising against the 8th NASS. By the way, where were they during the general elections that brought Buhari to power? How did they fare? Is it proper to change by force what the ballots refused to grant?

“Sowore is a good material for future politicking but he has to redirect his energy towards reengineering Nigerian youth for service, patriotism and dignity, not towards removing a democratically elected government.

“We advise #Revolutionnow to dismantle, dissolve into a political party and wait for 2023. Even a coup will not pay the group. Coups are no longer fashionable. The Buhari regime is not a product of violent change. It evolved via due democratic process.

“Any other process is therefore unlawful, illegal, illegitimate and unconstitutional. In view of Buhari’s sterling qualities and his numerous fait accompli in spite of all odds, we affirm clearly, unambiguously and categorically that Mr. President has our vote of confidence."

https://dailypost.ng/2019/08/07/revolution-now-islamic-group-speaks-calls-change-buhari-govt/

I wonder why I am in this shithole country..country full of saddist ..no job for graduate, no salary for workers ,no entitlement for pensioners ..what really the matter..God for this sake i just want you to take me to heaven with out any tracese of dealth ..I just want to appear in your kindom ..because am seeking and tired of this natine call Nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

Democracy In Nigeria - Chatham House / Enough Is Enough On Children’s Abductions – Northern Elders / Tukur - Amaechi, Others Have Not Defected

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.