Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,055 members, 7,828,712 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Hyundai Launches Car With A Roof-based Solar Charging System - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hyundai Launches Car With A Roof-based Solar Charging System (33538 Views)

Li Xang: A Chinese Car With A Sleek Design And Amazing Features / Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors / HELP!!! Infiniti FX35 Charging System Issues!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hyundai Launches Car With A Roof-based Solar Charging System by Gartol(m): 6:34pm On Aug 07, 2019
blujoi:
I’m not particularly referring to this government. But the way things run here. Ingenuity is stifled from the four walls of the schools we attend. Majority are conditioned to chase after the next meal. The ingenious ones are not encouraged either by way of policy or rewards. For example, this solar stuff would require a lot of calibrating and testing, you would need electric (you know how far), you would need to buy/import stuff (customs will chop you). Mehn the obstacles are huge

Baba you are absolutely right o. The environment in not conducive and encouraging at all

Re: Hyundai Launches Car With A Roof-based Solar Charging System by blujoi(m): 6:39pm On Aug 07, 2019
If you notice the sectors you would see Nigerians thinking outside the box and making impact nationally and on the global level is in Information technology. Because with data, you have access to the world and tech is still highly unexplored area and minimal investment. You just need your brain to understand and acquire the skill or competency. God dey sha!!

[quote author=Gartol post=81039420][/quote]
Re: Hyundai Launches Car With A Roof-based Solar Charging System by TissuePaper: 6:40pm On Aug 07, 2019
Reminds me of the movie 'Priest'...Solar bikes where used in the movie
Re: Hyundai Launches Car With A Roof-based Solar Charging System by sylve11: 6:42pm On Aug 07, 2019
Gartol:
wetin you don do as a person to improve this nation. If you invent something you go die?

Better question. cool
Re: Hyundai Launches Car With A Roof-based Solar Charging System by satowind(m): 6:58pm On Aug 07, 2019
dadebayo1:
No wonder they are shipping used cars to Africa.. They are gradually moving to solar ... In 20th century we are still discussing about RUGA grin
Mr forward thinker we dey 21st century
Re: Hyundai Launches Car With A Roof-based Solar Charging System by jesmond3945: 7:10pm On Aug 07, 2019
post=81036445:

It is the same thing with the ones they produce in your village abi?!
Shioor!
Orisirisi something!!
yes he is right nothing new
Re: Hyundai Launches Car With A Roof-based Solar Charging System by Daviddson(m): 7:40pm On Aug 07, 2019
post=81036445:

It is the same thing with the ones they produce in your village abi?!
Shioor!
Orisirisi something!!
Must you quote everybody to make senseless comments?
Re: Hyundai Launches Car With A Roof-based Solar Charging System by Hades2016(m): 7:50pm On Aug 07, 2019
dadebayo1:
No wonder they are shipping used cars to Africa.. They are gradually moving to solar ... In 20th century we are still discussing about RUGA grin
sad we still talking about how to settle cow

Re: Hyundai Launches Car With A Roof-based Solar Charging System by Vince77(m): 7:55pm On Aug 07, 2019
Gabson006:

Exactly
Some people don't think outside the box
That's how I told a friend of mine some years back that, there will be a chatting apps whereby the person you chatting with will be seeing what you are typing behold after some months a apps came out, can't recollect the name now. When the came out I told him and he was marvel

That's why one should never say never.

One of the apps that has that feature you talked about is IMO.
Re: Hyundai Launches Car With A Roof-based Solar Charging System by Bigmikedagod(m): 8:04pm On Aug 07, 2019
dadebayo1:

this is21st centuary brother
Re: Hyundai Launches Car With A Roof-based Solar Charging System by Gabson006: 8:10pm On Aug 07, 2019
Vince77:

That's why one should never say never.

One of the apps that has that feature you talked about is IMO.
Exactly

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Launches Car With A Roof-based Solar Charging System by Emissary1(m): 8:12pm On Aug 07, 2019
Nice smiley wink
Re: Hyundai Launches Car With A Roof-based Solar Charging System by Darkpanthera: 8:23pm On Aug 07, 2019
Vince77:
How I wish Chidi would see this. I was telling him last year that this will happen and he doubted me.

I also told him that even as your four wheels are turning it will charge the battery of your electric car, he also doubted me. It's only a matter of time.

You're right, I have think of them too.

This one with solar panels is not really good idea to me because in the process of charging it, the car will also be exposed to harmful radiation from the Sun which will be causing little little damages on the color and other soft body parts

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Launches Car With A Roof-based Solar Charging System by xodyq(m): 9:26pm On Aug 07, 2019
Whats with the bYg head
ZikZikZik:
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Launches Car With A Roof-based Solar Charging System by ThatFairGuy: 9:33pm On Aug 07, 2019
You contributed in one way or the other to the present day we're in Nigeria... NO NIGERIA WITHOUT NIGERIANS We all have to change our mindset to what WE can do to move the nation forward. Enough of all these sort of condemnations
[s]
Whatacountry:
Countries are being innovative with astounding technological inventions while we are still talking about ruga and some homosexual cows settlement in the 36 states. Useless country
[/s]
Re: Hyundai Launches Car With A Roof-based Solar Charging System by pastie(m): 10:14pm On Aug 07, 2019
blujoi:
You need food in your stomach to think straight and invent. You need structured government support to see your invention through to reality. I’m not holding brief for him but the current Nigerian environment doesn’t encourage inventions or production of revolutionary products. It’s sad

Going down the history,countries that are ahead technologically have seen worse sort of leaders, but they still strike to be where they are today, going on this pace, nigerians are not ready to grow technologically, they should never blame the governance, any one that got the talent will shine regardless the mantle of leadership, nigerians should wake up and stop the blame game.
Re: Hyundai Launches Car With A Roof-based Solar Charging System by Vince77(m): 10:41pm On Aug 07, 2019
Darkpanthera:

You're right, I have think of them too.

This one with solar panels is not really good idea to me because in the process of charging it, the car will also be exposed to harmful radiation from the Sun which will be causing little little damages on the color and other soft body parts

Remember that the first version of most things are not the best version.

There will be improvements. Solar panels are known go be expensive to maintain.

But with improvements, one day what will be responsible for charging your electric car will be as small as a vehicle alternator which will be attached to the serpentine belt to covert a rotational energy to electrical energy to charge the battery, just as it is in petrol vehicles now.

It will even be cheaper to maintain.

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Launches Car With A Roof-based Solar Charging System by valentinos22(m): 4:52am On Aug 08, 2019
BlackfireX:
While intelligent people are trying to adapt to the changes with innovations....

Here in Nigeria is...

BBNaija.
RUGA.
Igbo vs Yoruba.
Buhari s certificate.

Which angel send me come here sef
Lol...I sure say NA Satan the former angel Lucifer. Hah.....
Re: Hyundai Launches Car With A Roof-based Solar Charging System by jonbat(m): 5:04am On Aug 08, 2019
See cocoyam
ZikZikZik:
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Launches Car With A Roof-based Solar Charging System by NotJobless: 9:14am On Aug 08, 2019
Re: Hyundai Launches Car With A Roof-based Solar Charging System by paix(m): 11:44am On Aug 08, 2019
The world is moving away from oil, and Nigeria my country is still prospecting for the oil that will not be marketable in the near future. God, please give us leaders with vision and clear mission to take this great country to a new level.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Prevent Leg Cramps While Driving? / Work In Progress (vw Beetle) / How Can I Get Rid Of Rats In My Car Engine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.