Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,956 members, 7,828,368 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Governor Emeka Ihedioha Reduces Ministries From 31 To 18 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Emeka Ihedioha Reduces Ministries From 31 To 18 (21158 Views)

Imo Ex-Governor, Emeka Ihedioha And His Humility / Governor Emeka Ihedioha Travelling With Only 3 Convoys (photos / Governor Emeka Ihedioha And His Phones (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Emeka Ihedioha Reduces Ministries From 31 To 18 by 9jahotblog: 10:28am On Aug 08, 2019
Governor Emeka Ihedioha of Imo State has reduced the number of ministries in the state from 31 to 18.

While swearing in commissioners in Owerri yesterday, the governor explained that this was to make them more functional and responsive to the needs of the state.

He said it took him time to nominate his commissioners because he recognized the need to have competent persons as appointees to share the mantle of leadership with.

According to him, “As we traversed the nooks and crannies of the State, canvassing for your support during our campaigns, we realized the need to populate our rebuild Imo team with persons of stellar quality and proven integrity.

“We recognized the need to have competent persons as appointees to share the mantle of leadership with. With the successful screening of our nominees as Commissioners Designate by the Imo State House of Assembly, we have now completed a major part of our team.”

He added, “Some might ask why it has taken us all this time to appoint Commissioners. My answer is simple, firstly, was the need to rationalize the ministries we met on ground, which numbered a whopping 31, with designations that ranged from the unnecessary to the absurd. I am glad to say that we have reduced this number to a functional 18. We also needed to do a painstaking headhunt, if you like, of the myriad of Imo sons and daughters amply qualified to compose the cabinet. I am equally glad to say that, by and large, we have chosen well.”

Source: https://thenigerialawyer.com/ihedioha-reduces-ministries-from-31-to-18/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Emeka Ihedioha Reduces Ministries From 31 To 18 by majamajic(m): 10:29am On Aug 08, 2019
ministry of laughter

won't survive this tsunami

111 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Governor Emeka Ihedioha Reduces Ministries From 31 To 18 by Amuocha: 10:31am On Aug 08, 2019
ok
Re: Governor Emeka Ihedioha Reduces Ministries From 31 To 18 by solmusdesigns: 10:32am On Aug 08, 2019
angry

Nigerians main problem is politician dishing out policies without proper test of its effects on masses, same foolish template Buhari used in compressing 3 vital ministries without foresight only to realize the ish might kill fashola before his time

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Emeka Ihedioha Reduces Ministries From 31 To 18 by ibkgab001: 10:32am On Aug 08, 2019
IMO STATE was left with one chance Governor and now they have another two Chance Governor

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Emeka Ihedioha Reduces Ministries From 31 To 18 by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 08, 2019
The destruction Governor has destroyed state ministries from 31 to 18. grin

Good move though.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Emeka Ihedioha Reduces Ministries From 31 To 18 by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 08, 2019
I think Imo has finally gotten it right...

96 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Emeka Ihedioha Reduces Ministries From 31 To 18 by Davash222(m): 10:37am On Aug 08, 2019
ibkgab001:
IMO STATE was left with one chance Governor and now they have another two Chance Governor
Keep quiet please.

Rochas created so many funny ministries without equipping them.
He created "Ministry of Old people over 70"(funny, Huh). Their office is at Orlu road, Amakohia ,Owerri close to Police Children school. Nothing is going on there, inside is empty. No equipments.

He also created ministry of Happiness and couple's fulfilment. (heard this ministry takes charge of all the Ngworis in Ala Owerri).lol

Most of these ministries needs to be merged or dissolved.

Ihedioha is on the right path. IMO must be better.

173 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Governor Emeka Ihedioha Reduces Ministries From 31 To 18 by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 08, 2019
J111333:

Good move though.
the same way Buhari has destroyed the country by reducing the ministry

10 Likes

Re: Governor Emeka Ihedioha Reduces Ministries From 31 To 18 by Kingosytex(m): 10:45am On Aug 08, 2019
Good move by Ihedioha. Okorocha created excess ministries including the Ministry Of Happiness and looted Imo State dry.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Emeka Ihedioha Reduces Ministries From 31 To 18 by nzeobi(m): 10:45am On Aug 08, 2019
ibkgab001:
you are not in IMO state so you know nothing, its a good move we need to reduce the cost of governance.

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Emeka Ihedioha Reduces Ministries From 31 To 18 by Kingosytex(m): 10:47am On Aug 08, 2019
ibkgab001:

You are wrong. Imo State has gone from a one chance governor to a visionary governor.

65 Likes

Re: Governor Emeka Ihedioha Reduces Ministries From 31 To 18 by JubrinElSudan: 10:47am On Aug 08, 2019
Kinda a round peg in a round hole appointments tho mainly politicians. Commissioner of Education is a Professor, those of transport and works are Engineers. I pray he succeeds

33 Likes

Re: Governor Emeka Ihedioha Reduces Ministries From 31 To 18 by Kingosytex(m): 10:53am On Aug 08, 2019
Kingosytex:
Good move by Ihedioha. Okorocha created excess ministries including the Ministry Of Happiness and looted Imo State dry.
9jahotblog:
Nice one from the governor.

EFCC takes over Rochas Foundation College, Owerri in their ongoing corruption investigation against the former governor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl3hWjcoQ8w
J111333:

Good move though.
majamajic:
ministry of laughter

Esseite:
I think Imo has finally gotten it right...
majamajic:
ministry of laughter

The Imolites have gotten themselves a visionary governor. Imo, Oyo and Kwara States were the best winners in the just concluded elections.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Emeka Ihedioha Reduces Ministries From 31 To 18 by adadike(f): 12:12pm On Aug 08, 2019
Well done Ihedioha. Imo state is safe now. If you are Fulani herdsman, keep out of imo state. That guy no dey look face o. This is not okorocha's tenure where una go dey do anyhow. God bless Ihedioha. Just make sure you employ more graduates and go on road construction and repair especially those ones okoroawusa destroyed

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Emeka Ihedioha Reduces Ministries From 31 To 18 by majamajic(m): 12:42pm On Aug 08, 2019
Kingosytex:

The Imolites have gotten themselves a visionary governor. Imo, Oyo and Kwara States were the best winners in the just concluded elections.

Lagos too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Emeka Ihedioha Reduces Ministries From 31 To 18 by 9jahotblog: 12:45pm On Aug 08, 2019
Kingosytex:

very true.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Emeka Ihedioha Reduces Ministries From 31 To 18 by tigerclaws: 12:58pm On Aug 08, 2019
adadike:
Well done Ihedioha. Imo state is safe now. If you are Fulani herdsman, keep out of imo state. That guy no dey look face o. This is not okorocha's tenure where una go dey do anyhow. God bless Ihedioha. Just make sure you employ more graduates and go on road construction and repair especially those ones okoroawusa destroyed
chaiii my pumpkin pie

I'm undressing you in my mind now kiss kiss kiss

welcome back love

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Emeka Ihedioha Reduces Ministries From 31 To 18 by tigerclaws: 12:58pm On Aug 08, 2019
Okorocha is a crook

2 Likes

Re: Governor Emeka Ihedioha Reduces Ministries From 31 To 18 by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 08, 2019
Ihedioha will perform well..he was indeed ready for work

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Emeka Ihedioha Reduces Ministries From 31 To 18 by Amaco123(m): 2:08pm On Aug 08, 2019
More unemployment, and sacks while the old politicians go home with big bags, he appointed old politicians while the youths will lose their jobs on those militaries he closed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Emeka Ihedioha Reduces Ministries From 31 To 18 by adadike(f): 2:10pm On Aug 08, 2019
tigerclaws:
chaiii my pumpkin pie

I'm undressing you in my mind now kiss kiss kiss

welcome back love
aw! My sweet potato! I miss u tire. That mod wey ban me eh? Amu ibi is knocking on your door

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Emeka Ihedioha Reduces Ministries From 31 To 18 by chrisxxx(m): 2:11pm On Aug 08, 2019
Ihedioha means business.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Emeka Ihedioha Reduces Ministries From 31 To 18 by Chiefochiefo(m): 2:11pm On Aug 08, 2019
What of churches If I become governor today, I will reduce the number of churches in my state undecided

1 Like

Re: Governor Emeka Ihedioha Reduces Ministries From 31 To 18 by 9jagobetta: 2:11pm On Aug 08, 2019
Okay
Re: Governor Emeka Ihedioha Reduces Ministries From 31 To 18 by otokx(m): 2:13pm On Aug 08, 2019
Looks reasonable as long as there are no job losses.
Re: Governor Emeka Ihedioha Reduces Ministries From 31 To 18 by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 08, 2019
Uche nwosu is coming.
Re: Governor Emeka Ihedioha Reduces Ministries From 31 To 18 by Mopolchi: 2:15pm On Aug 08, 2019
We will get there. Governor Ihedioha will change Imo state. Any okoroawusa material will be burned, demolished, refurbished, revamped and reconstructed.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Emeka Ihedioha Reduces Ministries From 31 To 18 by Pvssy: 2:16pm On Aug 08, 2019
He has destroyed ministry's too

What's left to destroy?

Owerri Stadium and State secretariat
Re: Governor Emeka Ihedioha Reduces Ministries From 31 To 18 by Cmanforall: 2:18pm On Aug 08, 2019
Some ministries are not meant to be .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Meets With Security Chiefs (Pictures) / 2023: Mohammed Sanusi Clarifies Reports About Endorsing Any Candidate / Police Seals Venue Of PDP Governorship Primary In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.