Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,053 members, 7,841,983 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Why In Nigeria There Is Tribal,cultural And Religious War And In SA No War - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why In Nigeria There Is Tribal,cultural And Religious War And In SA No War (3360 Views)

Iwuanyanwu: There Is No War Between Igbo And Yoruba / You’re Beating Drums Of Religious War, Northern Christian Youths Tell Dogara / Moghalu: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is A political Calculation Not Religious War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why In Nigeria There Is Tribal,cultural And Religious War And In SA No War by zhike: 3:36pm On Aug 08, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Whose fault you're 200M though? South Africans are sensible. We have one of the lowest birth rates on the continent & the world because it's simple, more people = more mouths to feed/requires more resources. The solution to your problems lies within your society.

Good Question

2 Likes

Re: Why In Nigeria There Is Tribal,cultural And Religious War And In SA No War by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:47pm On Aug 08, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Whose fault you're 200M though? South Africans are sensible. We have one of the lowest birth rates on the continent & the world because it's simple, more people = more mouths to feed/requires more resources. The solution to your problems lies within your society.

zhike:

This thing that SA economy is owned by the west is a wrong perception, the biggest employer in SA is govt, the biggest company is PIC owned by the state, the biggest SA companies most of the investors are black.

Direct your above mentioned to whoever wrote that SA was owned by the west.... I certainly don't believe that but I believe that most capital, in its varied forms such as the land, property and human capital, remains heavily skewed to white ownership.

White people own houses, hotels, resorts, shops, restaurants, savings, cash, foreign assets and other forms of complex financial products. They leverage their ownership and control to extract rents and increase their wealth, while majority of the blacks are still poor.

Land in South Africa , which white gained through expropriation during apartheid, is used to gain heavy capital through mining and agriculture. How much of the total south African land is owned by whites? 70% while white south African are only 15% of the total population...

Apartheid denied black south Africans access to economic opportunities, and limited them in terms of education and jobs.(info culled from some website)

... Nigeria has its own issues but SA certainly AIN'T NO BETTER!!!

5 Likes

Re: Why In Nigeria There Is Tribal,cultural And Religious War And In SA No War by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:53pm On Aug 08, 2019
zhike:

China has more that 1.4 billion people but they are not killing each other like animals. Therefore why Nigerains are 200 million and are killing each other like animals?

Comparing a communist country with Nigeria will have you fail once again!!!!

There is too many people in Nigeria fighting one another for too little.

1 Like

Re: Why In Nigeria There Is Tribal,cultural And Religious War And In SA No War by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:55pm On Aug 08, 2019
zhike:

The food I mean work, Africans comes to SA to look for work. whites are not here to look for work.

If there was no foreigner filling these jobs in SA, the country would probably crumble....

4 Likes

Re: Why In Nigeria There Is Tribal,cultural And Religious War And In SA No War by XhosaNostra(f): 4:08pm On Aug 08, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

Direct your above mentioned to whoever wrote that SA was owned by the west.... I certainly don't believe that but I believe that most capital, in its varied forms such as the land, property and human capital, remains heavily skewed to white ownership.

White people own houses, hotels, resorts, shops, restaurants, savings, cash, foreign assets and other forms of complex financial products. They leverage their ownership and control to extract rents and increase their wealth, while majority of the blacks are still poor.

Land in South Africa , which white gained through expropriation during apartheid, is used to gain heavy capital through mining and agriculture. How much of the total south African land is owned by whites? 70% while white south African are only 15% of the total population...

Apartheid denied black south Africans access to economic opportunities, and limited them in terms of education and jobs.(info culled from some website)

... Nigeria has its own issues but SA certainly AIN'T NO BETTER!!!

Believe what you want then.
Re: Why In Nigeria There Is Tribal,cultural And Religious War And In SA No War by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:13pm On Aug 08, 2019
XhosaNostra:
Believe what you want then.

White south Africans OWN south Africa while blacks who just came out of slavery 25yrs ago, ain't got shiit. As I said earlier, you can't compare Nigeria and SA because both countries ain't shiit..

4 Likes

Re: Why In Nigeria There Is Tribal,cultural And Religious War And In SA No War by XhosaNostra(f): 4:18pm On Aug 08, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

White south Africans OWN south Africa while blacks who just came out of slavery 25yrs ago, ain't got shiit. As I said earlier, you can't compare Nigeria and SA because both countries ain't shiit..

Looooool

Re: Why In Nigeria There Is Tribal,cultural And Religious War And In SA No War by orisa37: 4:20pm On Aug 08, 2019
The Fulanis brought wickedness and Tribalism into Nigeria. They are Arabs. They became Fulani, Fi-la-ni and Trekkers on Foot and Journey on to whereever in Nigeria. Buhari doesn't like Awolowo, Obasanjo and Falae. He doesn't like Shoyinka but because that one is not a politician, no one notices the hatred in his face when you mention these names in his presence. He is full of so much dislike for these people.
Re: Why In Nigeria There Is Tribal,cultural And Religious War And In SA No War by morpheus24: 5:00pm On Aug 08, 2019
orisa37:
The Fulanis brought wickedness and Tribalism into Nigeria. They are Arabs. They became Fulani, Fi-la-ni and Trekkers on Foot and Journey on to whereever in Nigeria. Buhari doesn't like Awolowo, Obasanjo and Falae. He doesn't like Shoyinka but because that one is not a politician, no one notices the hatred in his face when you mention these names in his presence. He is full of so much dislike for these people.

1.The Fulani's brought Islam into the country which added to the already strong cultural differences between the North and the South, creating a much more conservative religious way of life in the North compared with the much more liberal and progressive society in the South.

2. Nigeria has two many ethnic groups concentrated in one area that never had the opportunity to merge naturally into smaller less ethnic- diverse states. South Africa on the other hand emanate from the more or less the same founder populations and are therefore more linguistically and culturally similar to one another, coupled with facing a similar enemy mitigated the issue of Tribalism.

3. I do believe Nigeria needs to separate between North and South amicably as the South has a more better chance of integration with its varying groups as they have done naturally through the centuries. Its not a definite that the South will survive but the odds are far better.

3 Likes

Re: Why In Nigeria There Is Tribal,cultural And Religious War And In SA No War by morpheus24: 5:10pm On Aug 08, 2019
XhosaNostra:

1.Please take the "South Africans are sensible" statement back. A large or larger Population can be harnessed to produce economic prosperity as there are a few examples of such countries in operation so that point is not necessarily valid.

2. Countries that assimilate certain aspects of Western culture( reduction in birth rates and ergo lower fertility rate) as is the case in South Africa will reap the same benefits in terms of resource allocation per head. This however is only one component of a multiplicity of variables that promotes economic success.

3.Western Africa and Southern Africa have very dissimilar histories and culture. The Bantu peoples are a singular entity that spread across central and Southern Africa creating a more uniform cultural string that assimilated peoples on its way down.

Western Africa did not have enough time to assimilate the kingdoms that existed before the intrusion of Colonial rule.

3 Likes

Re: Why In Nigeria There Is Tribal,cultural And Religious War And In SA No War by Tumbulum: 5:28pm On Aug 08, 2019
morpheus24:

1.The Fulani's brought Islam into the country which added to the already strong cultural differences between the North and the South, creating a much more conservative religious way of life in the North compared with the much more liberal and progressive society in the South.

2. Nigeria has two many ethnic groups concentrated in one area that never had the opportunity to merge naturally into smaller less ethnic- diverse states. South Africa on the other hand emanate from the more or less the same founder populations and are therefore more linguistically and culturally similar to one another, coupled with facing a similar enemy mitigated the issue of Tribalism.

3. I do believe Nigeria needs to separate between North and South amicably as the South has a more better chance of integration with its varying groups as they have done naturally through the centuries. Its not a definite that the South will survive but the odds are far better.

I believe that the southern part of the country can live together and succeed. They could form their own country and be successful. Even though Yoruba's and Igbo's seems not to like themselves which stems from our political differences, these two groups hardly fight themselves. These two groups can reach an agreement and adhere to it. These two most importantly believes in negotiations. They share similar values,believes in education, values humans lives and are generally peaceful. Cut off the North from the south and see an accelerated development of the south.

2 Likes

Re: Why In Nigeria There Is Tribal,cultural And Religious War And In SA No War by XhosaNostra(f): 6:41pm On Aug 08, 2019
morpheus24:

1.Please take the "South Africans are sensible" statement back. A large or larger Population can be harnessed to produce economic prosperity as there are a few examples of such countries in operation so that point is not necessarily valid.

2. Countries that assimilate certain aspects of Western culture( reduction in birth rates and ergo lower fertility rate) as is the case in South Africa will reap the same benefits in terms of resource allocation per head. This however is only one component of a multiplicity of variables that promotes economic success.

3.Western Africa and Southern Africa have very dissimilar histories and culture. The Bantu peoples are a singular entity that spread across central and Southern Africa creating a more uniform cultural string that assimilated peoples on its way down.

Western Africa did not have enough time to assimilate the kingdoms that existed before the intrusion of Colonial rule.

And your point is?
Re: Why In Nigeria There Is Tribal,cultural And Religious War And In SA No War by morpheus24: 7:04pm On Aug 08, 2019
Tumbulum:
I believe that the southern part of the country can live together and succeed. They could form their own country and be successful. Even though Yoruba's and Igbo's seems not to like themselves which stems from our political differences, these two groups hardly fight themselves. These two groups can reach an agreement and adhere to it. These two most importantly believes in negotiations. They share similar values,believes in education, values humans lives and are generally peaceful. Cut off the North from the south and see an accelerated development of the south.

The evidence is there already; intermarriage, sharing space without much conflict, intermingling of the cultures etc.

There have been break downs in relations between the two major ethnic groups in the South i.e. the Yoruba and Igbo but in my life time it has never escalated to a level of an odious nature.

The middle belt would have to decide who they feel more culturally affiliated to and make that decision for themselves whether to be in the North or the South. I would love to see a united Nigeria but after much examination and experience, it will be an extremely difficult task to accomplish.

4 Likes

Re: Why In Nigeria There Is Tribal,cultural And Religious War And In SA No War by morpheus24: 7:05pm On Aug 08, 2019
XhosaNostra:

And your point is?
If you can't decipher that then don't bother because its quite elementary.

1 Like

Re: Why In Nigeria There Is Tribal,cultural And Religious War And In SA No War by XhosaNostra(f): 7:09pm On Aug 08, 2019
morpheus24:

If you can't decipher that then don't bother because its quite elementary.

I just don't have the interest or time for another one of your waffling sessions. Keep it brief next time you decide to quote me or even better, don't quote me again.
Re: Why In Nigeria There Is Tribal,cultural And Religious War And In SA No War by morpheus24: 8:06pm On Aug 08, 2019
XhosaNostra:

I just don't have the interest or time for another one of your waffling sessions. Keep it brief next time you decide to quote me or even better, don't quote me again.

Yes my usual waffles do require an intense cerebral exercise of which you obviously are not up to the task, nonetheless no one on Nairaland is beyond reproach.

4 Likes

Re: Why In Nigeria There Is Tribal,cultural And Religious War And In SA No War by XhosaNostra(f): 8:07pm On Aug 08, 2019
morpheus24:

Yes my usual waffles do require an intense cerebral exercise of which you obviously are not up to the task, nonetheless no one on Nairaland is beyond reproach.

Oh, puhleeze!
Re: Why In Nigeria There Is Tribal,cultural And Religious War And In SA No War by orisa37: 8:12pm On Aug 08, 2019
Morpheus24. Thank U.

1.The Fulanis are Arabs, Ishmaelites, Moslems, Muslims, Hargarites and Islamists. Check God's Policy in Genesis 16:12.

The Problem we are now facing is that in all of the above, The Arabs have not sat down well to understand Islam in meaning and in content.

2. Nigeria's many ethnic groups are naturally categorised into three-Yoruba, Ibo and Hausa. The Division of Nigeria into 36 States is of immense Progress and Foundation laying Policy for all future progression and giration for Unity, fame and popularity of the Country. Buhari seems completely impervious to reasoning of granting freedom to act, interact and move around to other ethnic groups than The Fulanis, who are just immigrants in Nigeria.

3. The way Buhari is dulging the granting of full autonomy of Police, Resources and Elections Control to the 36 States smacks of lack of insight, hindsight and foresight. That Sokoto/Rivers, Ogun/Yobe or Ondo/Kano might have relative Mergers, Conglomerates and Commonwealth is beyond his imagination.

Buhari lacks Knowledge of Democracy.
Re: Why In Nigeria There Is Tribal,cultural And Religious War And In SA No War by morpheus24: 8:27pm On Aug 08, 2019
orisa37:
Morpheus24. Thank U.

1.The Fulanis are Arabs, Ishmaelites, Moslems, Muslims, Hargarites and Islamists. Check God's Policy in Genesis 16:12.

Let me clarify and expand on some of your statements above.

1. Fulani's are not Arabs, they are however Arabized West African peoples that took on may Middle eastern cultural practices and its religion as well.

2. The point about being Ishmaelites, Hargarites ,Midianites again is irrelevant to the problem, these are all borrowed folklore from Arabia.

orisa37:

The Arabs have not sat down well to understand Islam in meaning and in content.

I would say here that Northern Nigerian culture is a struggling reminant of Islamic domination/culture from North into West Africa. It struggles to appear progressive but is captured by its own history and religious restrictions, making it extremely incompatible with Southern culture. The sooner we come to concensus about these differences the better off we will be, but alas the name of the game is POWER!!

orisa37:

2. Nigeria's many ethnic groups are naturally categorised into three-Yoruba, Ibo and Hausa. The Division of Nigeria into 36 States is of immense Progress and Foundation laying Policy for all future progression and giration for Unity, fame and popularity of the Country. Buhari seems completely impervious to reasoning of granting freedom to act, interact and move around to other ethnic groups than The Fulanis, who are just immigrants in Nigeria.

I would much more prefer we go back to Regional government as is practiced in South Africa where provinces encompass usually more than one tribal group but are still able to maintain cohesion because the emphasis is much more on development and social issues than religion or ethnicity. In its short run that country has already had Presidents from 3 different ethnic groups taking into account there are only basically 11 official Languages with a couple of them being mutually intelligible.

orisa37:

3. The way Buhari is dulging the granting of full autonomy of Police, Resources and Elections Control to the 36 States smacks of lack of insight, hindsight and foresight. That Sokoto/Rivers, Ogun/Yobe or Ondo/Kano might have relative Mergers, Conglomerates and Commonwealth is beyond his imagination.

Buhari lacks Knowledge of Democracy.

Buhari is a relic of the old order of Nigeria and really has nothing to offer Nigeria in terms of unifying or mitigating tribalism in Nigeria, but to attempt to hold on to the order that has ruled Nigeria for the past 60 years.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why In Nigeria There Is Tribal,cultural And Religious War And In SA No War by WORLDPEACE(m): 6:56am On Aug 09, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Oh, puhleeze!

Na so

3 Likes

Re: Why In Nigeria There Is Tribal,cultural And Religious War And In SA No War by WORLDPEACE(m): 7:08am On Aug 09, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Oh, puhleeze!
You got mail
Re: Why In Nigeria There Is Tribal,cultural And Religious War And In SA No War by XhosaNostra(f): 7:09am On Aug 09, 2019
WORLDPEACE:

You got mail

I replied.

1 Like

Re: Why In Nigeria There Is Tribal,cultural And Religious War And In SA No War by zhike: 1:21pm On Aug 12, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

If there was no foreigner filling these jobs in SA, the country would probably crumble....

Am sure you are joking with this comment.

1 Like

Re: Why In Nigeria There Is Tribal,cultural And Religious War And In SA No War by zhike: 4:02pm On Aug 12, 2019
Nigerians will surprise you, they complain about one Nigerian killed in South Africa, while themselves at Nigeria they are killing each other like animals

2 Likes

Re: Why In Nigeria There Is Tribal,cultural And Religious War And In SA No War by morpheus24: 4:14pm On Aug 12, 2019
zhike:
Nigerians will surprise you, they complain about one Nigerian killed in South Africa, while themselves at Nigeria they are killing each other like animals

Illogical argument.

Premise 1. Nigerians are Killed in Nigeria.

Premise 2. Nigerians are Killed in South Africa

Conclusion; Because Nigerians are killed in Nigeria, therefore there is nothing wrong with them being killed in South Africa.

Please try again!

4 Likes

Re: Why In Nigeria There Is Tribal,cultural And Religious War And In SA No War by IronGalaxy: 11:20pm On Aug 12, 2019
XhosaNostra:

Yeah, because they're criminals & some even attempt to undermine us in our own country. Most foreigners are rude in South Africa, making it very hard to like them.
yep!

2 Likes

Re: Why In Nigeria There Is Tribal,cultural And Religious War And In SA No War by IronGalaxy: 11:21pm On Aug 12, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

Don't worry, we understand you...Xenophobia is in your people's DNA.
exactly like your people and ritual killings, right?

1 Like

Re: Why In Nigeria There Is Tribal,cultural And Religious War And In SA No War by IronGalaxy: 11:27pm On Aug 12, 2019
The biggest factor is not exactly " Xenophobia" but " Nigerophobia"... and we aren't exactly the only ones
Re: Why In Nigeria There Is Tribal,cultural And Religious War And In SA No War by morpheus24: 11:42pm On Aug 12, 2019
IronGalaxy:
The biggest factor is not exactly " Xenophobia" but " Nigerophobia"... and we aren't exactly the only ones

Its Xenophobia all the way.

As far as naija is concerned na swaggerphobia dey worry una!

2 Likes

Re: Why In Nigeria There Is Tribal,cultural And Religious War And In SA No War by IronGalaxy: 11:44pm On Aug 12, 2019
morpheus24:

Its Xenophobia all the way.

As far as naija is concerned na swaggerphobia dey worry una!
the whole world must be worried about your supposed " swagger" then
Re: Why In Nigeria There Is Tribal,cultural And Religious War And In SA No War by morpheus24: 11:48pm On Aug 12, 2019
IronGalaxy:
the whole world must be worried about your supposed " swagger" then

Not the whole world, just developing countries like Indonesia, Malaysia, India and South Africa who are unfortunate to get the lower stock of Nigerians.

Developed countries no send us, in fact they don't have time for us at all. We are practically invisible because of their large economy and potentials to absorb immigrants.
Re: Why In Nigeria There Is Tribal,cultural And Religious War And In SA No War by IronGalaxy: 11:51pm On Aug 12, 2019
morpheus24:

Not the whole world, just developing countries like Indonesia, Malaysia, India and South Africa who are unfortunate to get the lower stock of Nigerians.

Developed countries no send us, in fact they don't have time for us at all. We are practically invisible because of their large economy and potentials to absorb immigrants.

the Czech Republic is not exactly a developing country

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Remembers This Man? Orubebe / Let's Pray Civil War Doesn't Start Next Month.. / 2023: What Tinubu Offered Me When We Met In London - Wike Make Huge Revelation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.