Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,330 members, 7,819,134 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Do Your Parents Say Thank You? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Your Parents Say Thank You? (2214 Views)

Am Undergraduate And Wanna Marry. Parents Say NO!! Pls Advice / When Parents Say No To Marriage Choice, Does It Mean God Is Saying Same? / 10 REALLY Annoying Things Parents Say To Teens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Your Parents Say Thank You? by teddyface(m): 9:23pm On May 14, 2007
Come to think of it, this is one thing ive not enjoyed all my life with my parents. i can say they hardly say thank you. may be its our culture what do you think?
Re: Do Your Parents Say Thank You? by OmoEko1(f): 9:29pm On May 14, 2007
yes oh my parents use always say thanks me whenever i do things for them but lately they don't cry cry cry which doesn't really bother me anymore cheesy
Re: Do Your Parents Say Thank You? by Sexyabby(f): 9:56pm On May 14, 2007
My parents always say thank you, even if something fell off their hand nd i pick it up for them they still say thank you.
Re: Do Your Parents Say Thank You? by uyai(f): 11:23pm On May 14, 2007
my dad always says thank you to me after eating
Re: Do Your Parents Say Thank You? by teddyface(m): 12:16am On May 15, 2007
uyai:

my dad always says thank you to me after eating
is that all only after eating , this our culture self embarassed
Re: Do Your Parents Say Thank You? by uyai(f): 2:49am On May 15, 2007
He says thank you for other things too. I just appreciate the one after the eating cuz i take time to prepare the meal. But then i find it funny cuz he bought the food, i should be saying thank you to him
Re: Do Your Parents Say Thank You? by closetpervert(m): 2:57am On May 15, 2007
u - u want make your parents dey thank you - ? na wa o -
Re: Do Your Parents Say Thank You? by priscare: 2:20pm On May 16, 2007
My Dad has never say thank you even when i think ive done my best for him,
i do felt bad about it because it seems i ve done nothing
though am still struggle to do more maybe what i ve done is not yet worth it
but i think one should be encourage by that small but mighty word(THANK U)
Re: Do Your Parents Say Thank You? by whiteroses(f): 10:15am On May 17, 2007
nigerian parents dont say thanks at all maybe becasue of pride you know young youths of nigeria only live peacefully with their parent because of parental love because some parent are rude and just wrong, e.g when i was young if my mum ask me to wash plate and i accidentally break one as i bent down to pack it she won't ask if i was ok she will just give me the hottest of the hot slap on my back and i'll start pissing on my legs and stuff like that you know what i mean, one day in class a girl said if she don't eat her moms will beg her when i was upset and didn't eat i didn't beleive my mum didn't even look at me i'm still upset till now
Re: Do Your Parents Say Thank You? by teddyface(m): 12:33am On May 19, 2007
well i think its our culture but its about time we change it. undecided
Re: Do Your Parents Say Thank You? by dominique(f): 12:30pm On May 19, 2007
I dont agree with you guys cos my parents says thankyou, not everytime but at least often enough, it really touches me cos i like to be appreciated.
Re: Do Your Parents Say Thank You? by dinnerm(f): 12:43pm On May 19, 2007
yes oh,they say thank you even of recent,my dad never forgets to tell you thank you when you give him a wonderful and delicious food
Re: Do Your Parents Say Thank You? by Ronke2811(f): 12:12pm On May 23, 2007
yes they do, and i really appreciate them for that
Re: Do Your Parents Say Thank You? by chiogo(f): 12:36am On May 28, 2007
yup, my parents say 'thank u" all d time. I love that about them.
Re: Do Your Parents Say Thank You? by 2dye4(m): 10:39am On May 28, 2007
my folks say thank you so much that atimes i feel embarassed!
Re: Do Your Parents Say Thank You? by bisibaby(f): 1:39pm On May 28, 2007
Hi Teddyface

Well 4rm my own point of view they may not sey thank u to you in your presence bt may always praise you when u need to be praised. Cos there is always a yoruba adage that says WON KIN YIN OMO LOJU OMO[i][/i]. if they do such it may now become fund of you that they should always praise u so that ur head will begin to swell

And am very sure when other parents are talking of their children in a rough way she will always appreciate you.

Thats it. cheesy
Re: Do Your Parents Say Thank You? by whiteroses(f): 8:47pm On May 29, 2007
u guys parents are cool to say thanks
Re: Do Your Parents Say Thank You? by Irock(f): 11:51pm On May 29, 2007
My own mumsi says thank you, but i can see sense in what your saying some dont,
Re: Do Your Parents Say Thank You? by wales(m): 1:34am On May 30, 2007
Men, my own parents do say thank you all the time even if i give them #100 they will always say thank you and at the same time they will bless me.
Re: Do Your Parents Say Thank You? by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:52am On Jun 09, 2007
my parents say thank you all the time, i guess it depends on individual values.
Re: Do Your Parents Say Thank You? by touchmeder: 11:10pm On Dec 22, 2008
at poster me i know wot ure talking about. pretty sad sha
as for me, my mum says thank u esp when i do things she didnt ask me to do she even hugs me in addition
and this act increased as i grew older
my dad try sha but not as much as my mum.
Re: Do Your Parents Say Thank You? by busybein: 1:40am On Dec 23, 2008
i dont need their Thank you,let them Thank God on my behalf cool

they say Thank you to me anywayz
undecided
Re: Do Your Parents Say Thank You? by ifyalways(f): 8:28am On Dec 23, 2008
Mine do but in a funny way " Thank you Ifeoma,for remembering to give back to us,all that we have given you" grin
when they thank me after serving them food,i get this funny feeling and i dont get to reply most times. lol i do feel i should be the one doing the "thank you" job.
Re: Do Your Parents Say Thank You? by Giayong(m): 10:46am On Dec 23, 2008
Many family ideas between China and Nigeria are same! smiley

In China,Most of the parents(especially who was borned in 1940s to 1960s) will never say thank you to their children even their children do something good for them, because they always take it for granted.But some parents who was borned in 1970s is trying to do that.
Re: Do Your Parents Say Thank You? by Ben13: 11:13am On Dec 23, 2008
It's Pride
Re: Do Your Parents Say Thank You? by touchmeder: 12:45pm On Dec 23, 2008
ifyalways:

Mine do but in a funny way " Thank you Ifeoma,for remembering to give back to us,all that we have given you"  grin

D grin grin grin grin ify this is sooooooooooo funny.
well nothing to do about our parents attitude in this regard but u can cause a change with ur kids, hopefully  cheesy
Re: Do Your Parents Say Thank You? by cibilola(f): 1:54pm On Dec 23, 2008
mine neva says thank you!! lipsrsealed
trust me, it hurts especially when u think abt how hard u ve worked to get some money and dey turn around and complain abt the quantity, undecided
my grandma is great tho! forever says thank u to me, even for the smallest things and she prays and prays until my call card is exhausted! lol, (luv her to bits kiss)
Re: Do Your Parents Say Thank You? by Ilelobola: 2:42pm On Dec 23, 2008
My parents always say thank you for everything from picking up something that dropped on the floor, to making them grandparents! Even my grandparents did before they died. How can you teach your children to say thanks if you don't. Probably why people that don't know how to say thanks infuriate me no end.
Re: Do Your Parents Say Thank You? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 23, 2008
I'm so used to hearing thank you fom my mom and her sisters/ my grandma that I can't not say thank you to others. I find it quite rude if I don't say thank you or if someone "forgets" to thank me for my help grin grin

My mom most times says it; "ose n jare, omo dada" or "ou ise, omo mii" kiss kiss
Re: Do Your Parents Say Thank You? by lucabrasi(m): 12:19am On Dec 24, 2008
@post
my dad is old school and ultra conservative but he says a curt thank you and a very short prayer
Re: Do Your Parents Say Thank You? by plappville(f): 2:12pm On Dec 24, 2008
ifyalways:

Mine do but in a funny way " Thank you Ifeoma,for remembering to give back to us,all that we have given you" grin
when they thank me after serving them food,i get this funny feeling and i don't get to reply most times. lol i do feel i should be the one doing the "thank you" job.

funny are u suposed to give back in return, why are all african parent been demandeful? they always expect their chidren to pay pack what they spent on, this is a very bad culture.

@ topic: my mum will say thank u and even pray for me and bless my family, she didn't work my money, if i extend it to her she should at least show appreciation, there is no culture thing to say thank u when a parent recieve help from their child. When u thank God he will give bless u more abi??
Re: Do Your Parents Say Thank You? by Outstrip(f): 12:10am On Dec 25, 2008
Some people have no manners. Age and culture is no excuse to be completely mannerless.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Things My Parents Told Me / Which Is A Better Brand? Haier Thermocool Or Scan Frost. / Is There Anyone Who Can Deliver Liters Of Soup And Stew To Me In Port Harcourt?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.