Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,562 members, 7,816,363 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

What Was The Forbidden Fruit? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Was The Forbidden Fruit? (7993 Views)

Opinion: Women Preaching In The Church Is Not Biblical And Its Forbidden. / What Was Actually The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Of Eden?fruit Or Fornication / If Adam Didn't Eat The Forbidden Fruit.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by okeyxyz(m): 4:49pm On May 25, 2013
BraveGuy:
Interesting argument, how did the TREE of KNOWLEDGE become the LAW of MOSES? Na wa oh! Up Naijiria!

From the characteristics(spirit) you'll know they are the same. Ie: The tree="knowledge of good and evil"; The law="Do's and Don'ts". They say exactly the same things, only in different words. But in the Law\mindset of God; there are no don'ts, Everything is do's, and yes, and Amen, because he created everything good and no Evil.

By Adam Adopting(eating) to be ruled by the tree of the knowledge of good and evil(or the Law), It became human nature and has been part of our consciences ever since. The presentation of the laws to moses was just a formality but the contract has been active since Adam.
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by BraveGuy: 1:00am On May 26, 2013
FOLYKAZE: It pure fairy tale.

• THE STORY OF ADAM & EVE IS A MYTH SAYS CATHOLIC CARDINAL GEORGE PELL: http://consciouslifenews.com/catholic-cardinal-adam-eve-didnt-exist/1127457/

If the story of Adam & Eve is a myth, then humanity is a complete farce and we're not real - We're just a phantom that graced the Earth smiley Serious.

Anyway, the fact that a Catholic priest says it does not mean that is the truth. The Bible is the final authority, and if the Bible is a lie, then upon what basis does the catholic or any church have their bearing?

Artifacts of the olde world (before Noah) are being discovered and they are not as crude or naive as we make them to be. Sadly, the Pontificate believes more in aliens than in Jesus Christ that walked the Earth.
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by karli4nia(m): 1:31am On May 26, 2013
The story of Adam and Eve and the forbidden fruit as related in the Bible is an allegory this represents a very profound truth of how Humans lost connection with God. If we know Kabala, we would have a detailed picture of what its all about. However, it is 100% intimately related with sex.
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by okeyxyz(m): 8:22am On May 26, 2013
karli4nia:
The story of Adam and Eve and the forbidden fruit as related in the Bible is an allegory this represents a very profound truth of how Humans lost connection with God. If we know Kabala, we would have a detailed picture of what its all about. However, it is 100% intimately related with sex.

+10 likes @theHighlighted

Can you tell us the kaballah version of this event?
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by BraveGuy: 10:27am On May 26, 2013
@ karli4nia.... Do you know what Cabala/Kabala truly is? It is the occult - knowledge of secret things. Ever read Deuteronomy 29:29 before? There are some things God does not want us to pry into, but the Devil says, away with that! Come and I will teach it to you, hence the knowledge of good & evil... do you feel me? Hence witchcraft.... hence the fall of Mankind. Could it be that Eve was actually learning Kabala?

karli4nia:
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by BraveGuy: 10:29am On May 26, 2013
That'll be a good idea, but what would be the source?
Can't wait to hear this explanation of the Kabala....

okeyxyz:

+10 likes @theHighlighted

Can you tell us the kaballah version of this event?
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by okeyxyz(m): 11:41am On May 26, 2013
BraveGuy: @ karli4nia.... Do you know what Cabala/Kabala truly is? It is the occult - knowledge of secret things. Ever read Deuteronomy 29:29 before? There are some things God does not want us to pry into, but the Devil says, away with that! Come and I will teach it to you, hence the knowledge of good & evil... do you feel me? Hence witchcraft.... hence the fall of Mankind. Could it be that Eve was actually learning Kabala?

You have got it in the reverse order. There is nothing God wants us not to know. He wants us to know and use and control(dominate) everything.
God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good...(Genesis 1:31 )

The LORD God commanded the man, saying, "From any tree of the garden you may eat freely(Genesis 2:16 )

It was the devil who brought the idea of knowing somethings and forbidding other things, thus: "knowledge of good(things allowed) and evil(things forbidden)". It is a deception to think that it was gods idea to forbid things and knowledges that he had created and made good and fit for our use. Now the laws of Moses was the legal\formal manifestation of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, but this knowledge of good and evil has been active in our consciences and behaviors since Adam adopted it. It is human nature, whether you are Jew or Gentile.

So Jesus dying signifies the fulfilling and abolishing of the law so that we can go back to the original mindset of all things being good and fit for our use and control.

To the pure, all things are pure; but to those who are defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure, but both their mind and their conscience are defiled(Titus 1:15 )

All things are lawful for me, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be mastered by anything.

The New Testament is replete with passages emphasizing this fact that we are liberated from the law which banned many things with it's "thou shalt not's..."
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by BraveGuy: 2:03pm On May 26, 2013
You did not complete the quoting of that passage, you stopped at 16 when in actuality it continued through to verse 17. That does not look like a full observance of the WHOLE truth.

Gen 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

There was a BUT.... that was when the power of CHOICE, the greatest power given to Man was authorized to man. Was it Satan that was conferring this authority?
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by okeyxyz(m): 4:21pm On May 26, 2013
^^^ The issue here is the two mindsets\spirits at play: The one of God that says: all things, knowledge, principles created by God are good and fit for use by man, while the other(of the devil) says: some things are good and some things are evil(Therefore are prohibited). So Adam chose the second and we have seen the result of that since. You error is that you think this tree of the knowledge of good and evil is of god. This is what translates to the mindset that there are things in creation that have been banned by god and there are things allowed. This is not of God but of the devil and it translates to the Law of Moses. But as far as God is concerned: There is absolutely nothing in NATURE\UNIVERSE that is banned. Why are we sons(Gods) and inheritors(Gods) if we are afraid of common creations? Shouldn't these creations be subject to us??

1 Like

Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by FromGuiriga(m): 10:44pm On May 26, 2013
Quick questions...Why would a God say "be fruitful and multiply..." If the only way to do that is by sexual intercourse then punish them for doing his command?

I'm not too sure if the tree or fruit of good and evil was a sexual act....
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by FromGuiriga(m): 11:05pm On May 26, 2013
okeyxyz: ^^^ The issue here is the two mindsets\spirits at play: The one of God that says: all things, knowledge, principles created by God are good and fit for use by man, while the other(of the devil) says: some things are good and some things are evil(Therefore are prohibited). So Adam chose the second and we have seen the result of that since. You error is that you think this tree of the knowledge of good and evil is of god. This is what translates to the mindset that there are things in creation that have been banned by god and there are things allowed. This is not of God but of the devil and it translates to the Law of Moses. But as far as God is concerned: There is absolutely nothing in NATURE\UNIVERSE that is banned. Why are we sons(Gods) and inheritors(Gods) if we are afraid of common creations? Shouldn't these creations be subject to us??

So when it says that everything God made was good, then the writer was not being totally honest then?
Also, do you really think that as a result of Adam the world is where it is? Adam lived 6,000 years ago or so according to the bible.
If the tree of life was right there then why would God cast them out. Why would the Gods or God and whoever he was talking to feared they might eat from the tree of life?
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by okeyxyz(m): 11:51pm On May 26, 2013
From_Guiriga:

So when it says that everything God made was good, then the writer was not being totally honest then?

Also, do you really think that as a result of Adam the world is where it is? Adam lived 6,000 years ago or so according to the bible.
If the tree of life was right there then why would God cast them out. Why would the Gods or God and whoever he was talking to feared they might eat from the tree of life?

Again,

Please articulate your thoughts so I can understand your stand(no pun).
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by BraveGuy: 10:57am On May 27, 2013
From_Guiriga:

You're missing a point from the bigger picture here, Guiriga.

You must know that PRIOR to this event, there was another event, which was the rebellion of Lucifer (with some other angels who later joined him) and Genesis does covertly mention this in verse 2 of Genesis: "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep...." You want to ask: How could God have created something that was without form, void and covered with darkness? That shows there was a life form before and there was a sort of catastrophic event that ensued.

The rebellion of Lucifer has already happened before this time and after Adam & Eve were created, there was also an acknowledgement that Satan (fallen Lucifer) had access to Eden as we read in Ezekiel 28:12-19. The whole story of what happened between Eve and the Serpent (Satan) may not have been written in one place, but we have the same experience with Jesus Christ.

Satan offered Jesus Christ some food or fruit from the "tree", but Jesus rejected it and said he must live by the commands of God. But Adam & Eve did not.

Yes, everything God made was good, but that did not mean it could not have been polluted by the polluter. Ever cooked and meal and somehow some housefly gets there to pollute it? Does that mean you cooked a bacteria-infested meal? Of course not. The same we find here.
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by BraveGuy: 11:33am On May 27, 2013
I am yet to find where it said the command that the Adam should not eat from the tree of knowledge of good & evil to be from Satan. But what I read is: Genesis 3:11 ..... And he said, Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten of the tree, of which I commanded you that you should not eat?

Was that Satan or God?
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by Nobody: 11:36am On May 27, 2013
IDOLATRY <<<< THE FORBIDDEN FRUIT
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by Nobody: 11:39am On May 27, 2013
From_Guiriga: Quick questions...Why would a God say "be fruitful and multiply..." If the only way to do that is by sexual intercourse then punish them for doing his command?

I'm not too sure if the tree or fruit of good and evil was a sexual act....

BE FRUITFUL AND MULTIPLY IS NOT TALKING ABOUT GIVING BIRTH TO CHILDREN. HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FILLING THE SURFACE OF THE EARTH WITH CHILDREN
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by Nobody: 11:45am On May 27, 2013
*Kails*:
some say...and i kid you not...that it was the v@gina. lipsrsealed
grin grin WASH YOUR MOUTH WITH SOAP WOMAN grin
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by Nobody: 11:47am On May 27, 2013
okeyxyz: The Forbidden fruit was not sex(though it is related to sex), nor was it knowledge/science

It was the Law of Moses. This was the law/mindset that began to call some of God's creation good and some evil, therefore requiring us to abstain from them. Whereas God himself has declared all that he created as Good. This is why the laws given to Moses was full of do's and don'ts(good and evil) and thou shalt not's... This Law became human nature from Adam choosing it over the other commandment which says: "Of every tree in the garden you may freely eat...", in other words; God has declared everything good and to be used for our purposes.

SMDH. HERESIES embarassed THE LAW OF MOSES WAS THE FORBIDDEN FRUIT ? shocked grin grin
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by okeyxyz(m): 12:40pm On May 27, 2013
obadiah777: SMDH. HERESIES embarassed THE LAW OF MOSES WAS THE FORBIDDEN FRUIT ? shocked grin grin

Yup!! telling it like a boss cool
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by Nobody: 12:43pm On May 27, 2013
okeyxyz:

Yup!! telling it like a boss cool
YOU DAYUM RIGHT. THE BOSS OF HERESIES grin grin grin
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by BraveGuy: 12:59pm On May 27, 2013
@ Obadiah777
I didn't know you found it as amusing as I did, too.

Next, would be that Jesus is angel Michael, too grin

obadiah777: SMDH. HERESIES embarassed THE LAW OF MOSES WAS THE FORBIDDEN FRUIT ? shocked grin grin
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 27, 2013
BraveGuy: @ Obadiah777
I didn't know you found it as amusing as I did, too.

Next would be that Jesus is angel Michael, too grin

YEAH OKEYXYZ IS ALWAYS BRINGING IN HERESIES. HE NEEDS TO BE FLOGGED FOR BEING A REPROBATE grin ERMM AS FOR ARCHANGEL MICHEAL, HE REALLY IS JESUS
JUDE VS 9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil said, The Lord rebuke thee. ARCHANGEL MICHEAL IS THE LORD
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by BraveGuy: 1:05pm On May 27, 2013
grin grin grin
obadiah777: YEAH OKEYXYZ IS ALWAYS BRINGING IN HERESIES. HE NEEDS TO BE FLOGGED FOR BEING A REPROBATE grin ERMM AS FOR ARCHANGEL MICHEAL, HE REALLY IS JESUS
JUDE VS 9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil said, The Lord rebuke thee. ARCHANGEL MICHEAL IS THE LORD
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by okeyxyz(m): 1:09pm On May 27, 2013
^^^ you want to dance with Obadiah?? Na leprosy you go carry oo. I take him on because I have the Holy Spirit. What have you??
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 27, 2013
BraveGuy: grin grin grin
MORE PRECEPTS
MATTHEW 15 VS 24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. CHRIST IS THE HEAVENLY REPRESENTATIVE AND INTERMEDIARY FOR ISRAEL ( THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD EVEN THOUGH NOW THEY ARE BACKSLIDDEN )

DANIEL 12 VS 1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. <<<< REPRESENTATIVE OF ISRAEL.

SAME PEOPLE. MICHEAL = CHRIST
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 27, 2013
okeyxyz: ^^^ you want to dance with Obadiah?? Na leprosy you go carry oo. I take him on because I have the Holy Spirit. What have you??
HOLY SPIRIT ? MORE LIKE VODKA SPIRIT grin grin
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by BraveGuy: 1:14pm On May 27, 2013
No, Jesus is not angel Michael.

He is God.

Hebrews 1:5 tells us: For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

John also tells us: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 27, 2013
BraveGuy: No, Jesus is not angel Michael.

He is God.

Hebrews 1:5 tells us: For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

John also tells us: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
YOU DO ERR.
1 CORINTHIANS 11 VS 3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. <<< THE HEAD OF CHRIST IS GOD. TWO ENTITIES
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by BraveGuy: 1:24pm On May 27, 2013
Do you know that on the Earth, that is what is defined?
Soon, God will merge the two together and there would be no need for the elements.

Colossians 2:9 tells us: For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Jesus tells us in Proverbs 8, that before God started ANY creation, He was there. And you call him an angel?
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by BraveGuy: 1:28pm On May 27, 2013
God is God, He can multiply Himself in many ways, if He chooses.

God is the Father
God is the Son
God is the Holy Spirit.

One God manifesting in different forms. Sits on ONE throne.
The Spirit of Christ is the Spirit of God, not two spirits.

Not an angel.
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:30pm On May 27, 2013
hhhhm.. so Sex brought SIN into this world and is the cause of our present predicament.. hmmmm
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 27, 2013
BraveGuy: Do you know that on the Earth, that is what is defined?
Soon, God will merge the two together and there would be no need for the elements.

Colossians 2:9 tells us: For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Jesus tells us in Proverbs 8, that before God started ANY creation, He was there. And you call him an angel?
YOU DO ERR NOT KNOWING SCRIPTURES

<<< WHAT THAT MEANS IS THAT YOU SHOULD NOT DABBLE INTO OTHER PHILOSOPHIES OR DOCTRINES BECAUSE IN THE WORD IS ALL THE DOCTRINE YOU NEED. THE WORD IS THE ONLY TRUE DOCTRINE. LET ME GET YOU A PRECEPT FOR THAT
ECCLESIASTES 12 VS 13 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh <<< THE BIBLE IS ALL YOU NEED. THERE ARE TOO MANY BOOKS WRITTEN BY MEN. IN THE BIBLE IS THE FULLNESS OF THE GODHEAD

AND SECONDLY YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT AN ANGEL MEANS. IT IS AN OLD WAY OF SAYING 'MESSENGER'. YES JESUS IS AN ANGEL. HIS MESSAGE WAS TO REDEEM THE ELECT OF ISRAEL AND TO UNITE THE WHOLE WORLD BOTH JEW AND GENTILE TO THE LORD. HE IS AN ANGEL. AN ARCHANGEL

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Trinity (true Or False). The Love Perspective. / "I'd Be A Christian If It Were Not For The Christians!" / Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.