Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,609 members, 7,816,509 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

What Was The Forbidden Fruit? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Was The Forbidden Fruit? (7994 Views)

Opinion: Women Preaching In The Church Is Not Biblical And Its Forbidden. / What Was Actually The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Of Eden?fruit Or Fornication / If Adam Didn't Eat The Forbidden Fruit.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 27, 2013
BraveGuy:
Where is it written that Adam was to teach the beasts of the field about their Creator?
Please show me, don't try to explain it, just show me the Scriptures - 2/3 scriptures will be enough. I am willing to learn.

GENESIS 1 VS 28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. BE FRUITFUL AND MULTIPLY THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD

DEUTERONOMY 4 VS 6 Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by MostHigh: 4:19pm On May 27, 2013
BraveGuy:

No need to tell me this, even an atheist know this.
We all know that it is full of allegories.

But that is the more reason why you should NOT add your own personal twist to it.

If the Bible did not say God told Adam to teach animals about Him, why do you want to add it?
If the Bible says God told Adam to teach animals about Him, show it to us and not try to twist it through your explanations.

For example, the Bible openly declares that Jesus Christ is God and He also says the same in various places as well.

Correction son of God.

1 Like

Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 27, 2013
MostHigh:

Correction son of God.
grin grin THAT BRAH INTO THAT TRINITY ROMAN CATHOLIC DOCTRINE
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by BraveGuy: 6:40pm On May 27, 2013
obadiah777: grin grin THAT BRAH INTO THAT TRINITY ROMAN CATHOLIC DOCTRINE

I got the joke now - grin grin grin grin
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by BraveGuy: 6:49pm On May 27, 2013
obadiah777: GENESIS 1 VS 28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. BE FRUITFUL AND MULTIPLY THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD

DEUTERONOMY 4 VS 6 Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.

How do these TWO verse explain that God told Adam to educate other created beings such as animals including things such as earthworms, sharks, tigers, etc?

So, to have dominion means to teach?

If God never had the intention that Man should procreate, why did He say the same to Noah?

Genesis 9:1 And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.

What about Genesis 35:11 that says, "And God said unto him, I am God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins;"

Sorry brah, all your arguments are just personal interpretations of twisting Scriptures.

I guess, you would want to say that the Holy Spirit is angel Michael again.

Nah! You're just twisting Scriptures as Peter warned against in 2 Peter 3:16. I advise you to desist because you will just be misleading people into all sorts of assumptions and error. It's dangerous, not to humanity only but before God.
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by BraveGuy: 6:55pm On May 27, 2013
So, because Adam and Eve sinned by being intimate, the oceanic animals and other beings that procreate learned intimacy from Adam? Sorry, your assumptions are just that, they don't make sense at all.

BEFORE Adam was created, did you not read about what God said to the BEASTS of the earth?

Genesis 1:22 tells us: And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

Was God telling them to teach plants about God, too?

grin grin grin

I just can't help but laugh.
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by BraveGuy: 6:56pm On May 27, 2013
obadiah777: grin grin THAT BRAH INTO THAT TRINITY ROMAN CATHOLIC DOCTRINE

Brah, TRINITY is not Roman catholic, it is Bible.
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by Nobody: 8:07pm On May 27, 2013
BRAVEGUY YOU ARE NOT READY FOR MEAT. I WILL GO ON TO QUOTE SEVERAL SCRIPTURES BUT YOU WILL SCOFF AT IT BECAUSE YOU ARE STILL ON MILK. BUT THE STORY OF NOAH IS SYMBOLISM. THE WHOLE WORLD DID NOT REALLY GET WIPED AWAY BY H20. THE WORLD GOT WIPED AWAY BY WATER ( DOCTRINE )FROM THE ANCIENT BABYLONIAN EMPIRE HENCE USHERING THE ERA OF THE GENTILES. BUT THIS IS TOO MUCH MEAT. wink MY MEAT IS TOO STRONG. I THINK I WILL KEEP IT TO MYSELF grin grin
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by BraveGuy: 10:02pm On May 27, 2013
obadiah777: BRAVEGUY YOU ARE NOT READY FOR MEAT. I WILL GO ON TO QUOTE SEVERAL SCRIPTURES BUT YOU WILL SCOFF AT IT BECAUSE YOU ARE STILL ON MILK. BUT THE STORY OF NOAH IS SYMBOLISM. THE WHOLE WORLD DID NOT REALLY GET WIPED AWAY BY H20. THE WORLD GOT WIPED AWAY BY WATER ( DOCTRINE )FROM THE ANCIENT BABYLONIAN EMPIRE HENCE USHERING THE ERA OF THE GENTILES. BUT THIS IS TOO MUCH MEAT. wink MY MEAT IS TOO STRONG. I THINK I WILL KEEP IT TO MYSELF grin grin

obadiah777: "THE WHOLE WORLD DID NOT REALLY GET WIPED AWAY BY H20. THE WORLD GOT WIPED AWAY BY WATER"

grin grin grin grin grin

Indeed!!!

What is the difference between H2O and water?

Yes, you're right, you need to keep that meat to yourself because it is INEDIBLE grin .... Not meant for a child of God. Thanks for that.
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by Nobody: 10:37pm On May 27, 2013
BraveGuy:

grin grin grin grin grin

Indeed!!!

What is the difference between H2O and water?

Yes, you're right, you need to keep that meat to yourself because it is INEDIBLE grin .... Not meant for a child of God. Thanks for that.
H20 IS WATER. JUST MAKING A DISTINCTION BETWEEN WHAT THE BIBLE CALLS WATER AND WHAT YOU DRINK

JOHN 7 VS 38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water <<< NOT TALKING ABOUT H20 WATER. TIS TALKING ABOUT DOCTRINE, AS WITH MANY OTHER VERSES WITH WATER. BUT WE SHALL AGREE TO DISAGREE, THE BIGGER PICTURE HERE IS WE ARE ON THE SAME PATH AND AT THE END OF THE DAY IRON SHARPENS IRON THROUGH THESE DISCUSSIONS wink wink wink
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by BraveGuy: 10:46pm On May 27, 2013
Ok Brah, I feel you.

I am not trying to prove I know better than you, it's just that I don't try to twist scriptures to my own belief system. So, when I see someone trying to prove to me what I can't see, I ask the person to show me, because I am ready to learn; yet, if I can't learn anything I tell the person he's not making sense.

People are referred to as Water/Sea
The Word of God is referred to as the water that washes.
The Holy Spirit is referred to as the Living Water that flows.
Jesus is referred to as the Water from the Rock

All these allegories have to be seen in their own context.

When people are referred to as being in the sea or fallen into the sea, it means they are dead or completely alienated from God..... I will stop there. ..... Thanks.

May God have mercy on us all and help us. Amen!
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 27, 2013
BraveGuy: Ok Brah, I feel you.

I am not trying to prove I know better than you, it's just that I don't try to twist scriptures to my own belief system. So, when I see someone trying to prove to me what I can't see, I ask the person to show me, because I am ready to learn; yet, if I can't learn anything I tell the person he's not making sense.

People are referred to as Water/Sea
The Word of God is referred to as the water that washes.
The Holy Spirit is referred to as the Living Water that flows.
Jesus is referred to as the Water from the Rock

All these allegories have to be seen in their own context.

When people are referred to as being in the sea or fallen into the sea, it means they are dead or completely alienated from God..... I will stop there. ..... Thanks.

May God have mercy on us all and help us. Amen!
I THINK HE ALREADY HAS MERCY ON US. THATS WHY WE ARE HERE SEEKING HIS FACE. REMEMBER THE LORD CHOOSES YOU. YOU DONT CHOOSE HIM wink
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by okeyxyz(m): 11:02pm On May 27, 2013
obadiah777: I THINK HE ALREADY HAS MERCY ON US. THATS WHY WE ARE HERE SEEKING HIS FACE. REMEMBER THE LORD CHOOSES YOU. YOU DONT CHOOSE HIM wink

Hmm, interesting. Sometimes mad men speak perfect sense sha. But one sense in a thousand non-sense..., I wonder...

+10 likes for this rare wisdom.
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by Nobody: 11:04pm On May 27, 2013
okeyxyz:

Hmm, interesting. Sometimes mad men speak perfect sense sha. But one sense in a thousand non-sense..., I wonder...
grin grin grin OKEYXYZ IS ON A ROLL WITH THE JOKES. BASKETMOUTH BETTER WATCH OUT grin grin
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by FromGuiriga(m): 1:20am On May 28, 2013
okeyxyz:

Again,

Please articulate your thoughts so I can understand your stand(no pun).

Sure, no problem.
The question is; If good made
everything good then why the tree of the knowledge of good and evil was not good? Then everything was not good was it?

My second comment was alluding to the story of creation and Eve and Adam eating some fruit... Remember the tree of life was also there in the garden. Which, by the way, is the tree of life which if eaten, gave you life forever. When Jesus was asked for eternal life, he did not mentioned the tree of life at the garden but instead told the man to follow the commandments.

So perhaps the story is not literal as in a real tree or real fruit. But a spiritual lesson instead. I believe Obidiah touched on it anyhow....
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by FromGuiriga(m): 1:29am On May 28, 2013
okeyxyz:

From the characteristics(spirit) you'll know they are the same. Ie: The tree="knowledge of good and evil"; The law="Do's and Don'ts". They say exactly the same things, only in different words. But in the Law\mindset of God; there are no don'ts, Everything is do's, and yes, and Amen, because he created everything good and no Evil.

By Adam Adopting(eating) to be ruled by the tree of the knowledge of good and evil(or the Law), It became human nature and has been part of our consciences ever since. The presentation of the laws to moses was just a formality but the contract has been active since Adam.

Do you believe that a man eating a fruit 6,000 years ago will be your nature now? How?
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by FromGuiriga(m): 1:41am On May 28, 2013
obadiah777: BE FRUITFUL AND MULTIPLY IS NOT TALKING ABOUT GIVING BIRTH TO CHILDREN. HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FILLING THE SURFACE OF THE EARTH WITH CHILDREN

Give thanks!!! We know! I'm posing the question to make a point that indeed when the people think of this as if it had to do with children, we will eventually get to a point where everything breaks down. Another words, confusion.
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by FromGuiriga(m): 1:53am On May 28, 2013
BraveGuy: Morning Star is DIFFERENT from Bright and Morning Star.

Saying they are the same is akin to saying = A god is the same as The God.

A God is NOT the same as The God.

I agree, that is what people have been saying about John 1:1
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by FromGuiriga(m): 2:12am On May 28, 2013
BraveGuy: Don't try to change the Thread's topic: What Was The Forbidden Fruit?

The Bible is clear that it was a fruit from the TREE of knowledge (of good and evil).

The best argument or treatise written in the object, IMO, is that one I read from Forbidden Fruit .... the fruit was a spoken knowledge.

There was no forbidden fruit. Its a symbol for the works of the flesh. That is why Jesus asked his followers to bear fruit. The fruit of the Spirit (you know what they are). What is forbidden is the works of the flesh (you know what they are). Works of the flesh, bad fruit. Works of the spirit, good fruit.
Hence, you shall now them by their fruit....

Give thanks for the reasoning still...
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by MostHigh: 10:57am On May 28, 2013
The Beginning and the end is one and the same thing all is judgement it really depends on your perspective.
Genesis and revelation is one and the same thing all is judgement it really depends on your perspective.

The tree of the knowledge of good and evil and the tree of life are one and the same thing depends on your perspective
The tree of the knowledge of good and evil and the tree of life and the Instructions and teachings (Torah) are one and the same thing.
Seeing that within the Torah we have the knowledge of good and evil and also the knowledge of life everlasting.

The prohibition from partaking of knowledge of good and evil was put forth to protect mortal man from the consciousness of the sin nature. Children should learn to drink milk before they can chew bones

The unclothedness they felt after consumption was the sin nature itself, (though shalt surly die!)
Their BANISHMENT was not as a result of the nature of the fruit itself but was due to their DISOBEDIENCE, hence the consciousness of sin which is disobedience to the LAW or the Instructions and teachings.

They were expelled from EDEN to prevent them from consuming the tree/book of life and hence attaining immortality or God like nature.

Now the question is why would the father not want man to attain a God like nature after the fall from grace?

Man after the fall attained a sin nature and only through self-sacrifice and denial can he attain the opposite which is a God like nature and this process as we know takes longsuffering hence the expulsion which was the beginning of man’s suffering. (OVERCOMING THE WORLD)

In His wisdom, God chose to remove the Tree of Life from man.

It was not a permanent removal though. God says the righteous of mankind will have access to the tree once again in the future Kingdom.

The true understanding of the word will be available to all the righteous in the kingdom Age

He who has an ear let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God" (Revelation 2:7).

After just falling from grace mankind would have to overcome his sin nature before he will be given to eat from the tree of life as Yashua Ibn Joseph has said.
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by BraveGuy: 2:19pm On May 28, 2013
I must say that I like MostHigh's recent comments.

The story is both literal and allegorical.

If you look at it very well. God spent six days in creating the world and rested on the seventh.

Moses revealed something interesting in Psalm 90. He said a thousand years is like a day before God and a day is like a thousand years.

Taking that maths into consideration, you will notice that no man has ever lived a full "day" (1000yrs). The closest was Methuselah (969). In essence, God wants to take Man into the 8th day. But, before the 8th day, there is a 7th Day, which is equivalent to the 1000 years reign of Christ on Earth, of which we are at the brink, hence the end of days. If you also examine things very well, we are about to finish spending 6000 years (Geologists may argue against this fact).
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by BraveGuy: 5:48pm On May 28, 2013
The 8th Day of God is what we should be aiming for as well. This is after the millennial reign of Christ, where Man will typically live a full day in the sight of God; thereafter, God will usher those who qualified into the New Day, which starts immediately after the 1000-year reign of Christ. God wants everyone to qualify for this new beginning, but most are counting themselves out, because they want to live for the now, just like Eve and Adam, which is sad. Really.
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by MostHigh: 10:00pm On May 28, 2013
BraveGuy: The 8th Day of God is what we should be aiming for as well. This is after the millennial reign of Christ, where Man will typically live a full day in the sight of God; thereafter, God will usher those who qualified into the New Day, which starts immediately after the 1000-year reign of Christ. God wants everyone to qualify for this new beginning, but most are counting themselves out, because they want to live for the now, just like Eve and Adam, which is sad. Really.

The spirit of yashua is the spirit of prophecy.

I long for the new day and pray constantly to see it with my eyes.
Re: What Was The Forbidden Fruit? by BraveGuy: 10:20pm On May 28, 2013
MostHigh:

The spirit of yashua is the spirit of prophecy.

I long for the new day and pray constantly to see it with my eyes.

Amen!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"I'd Be A Christian If It Were Not For The Christians!" / Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? / Eat Your Tithe Before The Lord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.