Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,434 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

CBN Plans Single-digit Interest Loan For Oil Palm Producers In SE/SS - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Plans Single-digit Interest Loan For Oil Palm Producers In SE/SS (13523 Views)

CBN Plans To Limit Buying And Selling Of FOREX In Cash By BSCs To $500 / Buhari: It Makes No Sense For Oil To Be Cheaper In Nigeria Than Saudi Arabia / Deji Adeyanju: Charly Boy Is A 9-Digit Fraudster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Plans Single-digit Interest Loan For Oil Palm Producers In SE/SS by chloride6: 11:16pm On Aug 13, 2019
katlord:

Yes! Less than 1%

Browse the report of economic contribution of geo political zones in the last confab

Tell me why you lying

grin
Re: CBN Plans Single-digit Interest Loan For Oil Palm Producers In SE/SS by Rosskiki: 12:20am On Aug 14, 2019
Okoroawusa:
Take it or leave it

Buhari is laying the foundation for the Nigeria of our dreams.

Don't mind these useless youths who think he is useless because he is not throwing money around like Jonathan. Buhari is a disciplined leader who is creating a fundamental basis for our development.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Plans Single-digit Interest Loan For Oil Palm Producers In SE/SS by onavae(m): 12:33am On Aug 14, 2019
Horlufemi:

Source:
https://punchng.com/cbn-plans-single-digit-interest-loan-for-oil-palm-producers/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Lol...another white elephant project. What ever happened to the ogoni clean up?

This government budgeted #250billion for police last year but were only able to release #24billion. So for those that don't understand what this means, it means that Nigeria is freaking broke. No money. So forget about it. They will set up committee after committee and end up sweeping the idea under the carpet.
Re: CBN Plans Single-digit Interest Loan For Oil Palm Producers In SE/SS by Nobody: 1:30am On Aug 14, 2019
A welcome development. Imo state is viable enough to give this project a big boost. After all we have our own special nkwu in large plantations. We'll also welcome the genetic yields in our soil if we're provided with them. The SE/SS is ready for her own palmoil revolution.

1 Like

Re: CBN Plans Single-digit Interest Loan For Oil Palm Producers In SE/SS by africanusvu(m): 4:57am On Aug 14, 2019
seunmsg:
Nobody seems to be interested in discussing this good CBN policy simply because the beneficiaries will be from south east and south south. If the policy is directed towards the people of North west and north east, they would have dropped loads of wailing epistles on how Buhari is pursuing Fulani agenda.
,But ar we not discussing it here right now
Re: CBN Plans Single-digit Interest Loan For Oil Palm Producers In SE/SS by orisa37: 6:00am On Aug 14, 2019
Discriminatory Government.
Re: CBN Plans Single-digit Interest Loan For Oil Palm Producers In SE/SS by martineverest(m): 6:10am On Aug 14, 2019
nonaira:

It says SS and SE. The two highest producing states are in both region respectively.
I think Edo and ondo are the largest producers
Re: CBN Plans Single-digit Interest Loan For Oil Palm Producers In SE/SS by Youngmind112: 6:21am On Aug 14, 2019
Good one, let we all invest in farming... this Nation will grow again
Re: CBN Plans Single-digit Interest Loan For Oil Palm Producers In SE/SS by Nobody: 7:27am On Aug 14, 2019
katlord:

I weak! North contributes almost nothing to the economy of Nigeria. Reason for the rush to get oil in the north so as to be at par with the rest of the southern Nigeria
they will never find oil in their cursed land
Re: CBN Plans Single-digit Interest Loan For Oil Palm Producers In SE/SS by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 14, 2019
martineverest:
Edo and ondo are not the largest now.
Akwa-Ibom, Abia, Rivers, Edo, Imo, Ondo, Bayelsa, Cross River and Delta.

akwa ibom is the highest
Re: CBN Plans Single-digit Interest Loan For Oil Palm Producers In SE/SS by frowland(m): 7:40am On Aug 14, 2019
katlord:

Who's referring to consumption of commodities? We're talking of economic viability of regions. While the South is known for oil and gas exploration, the west is known for industrial production including Lagos for it's commercial input, most of the SE is known for their commercial inputs. All these put together generates billions to the fg. The north merely contributes in agric with large mineral resources untapped.

If you follow up discussions during the confab especially economy you'll agree more. The entire North is parasitic economically compared to other regions

Oga, what you wrote now means you know little to nothing about our nations economy and revenue.
Let me give you a very very small hint, the biggest importers and exporters are northerners. The biggest, its not made up but the fact. Why am I dabbling into this joke of an argument. Its skidish.
Re: CBN Plans Single-digit Interest Loan For Oil Palm Producers In SE/SS by martineverest(m): 7:54am On Aug 14, 2019
Mk12:

Edo and ondo are not the largest now.
Akwa-Ibom, Abia, Rivers, Edo, Imo, Ondo, Bayelsa, Cross River and Delta.

akwa ibom is the highest
mtchewww....NIFOR,okomu and presco in Benin alone produce more oil than most of those states u mentioned
Re: CBN Plans Single-digit Interest Loan For Oil Palm Producers In SE/SS by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 14, 2019
martineverest:
mtchewww....NIFOR,okomu and presco in Benin alone produce more oil than most of those states u mentioned

Benin is actually my environment and there are some villages in Delta north that produce more oil than those companies you mentioned. I mean only one village!
just because you are seeing it in bulks there does not mean they produce more
Re: CBN Plans Single-digit Interest Loan For Oil Palm Producers In SE/SS by martineverest(m): 8:44am On Aug 14, 2019
Mk12:

Benin is actually my environment and there are some villages in Delta north that produce more oil than those companies you mentioned. I mean only one village!
just because you are seeing it in bulks there does not mean they produce more

lol....are u comparing delta with edo.?... edo have more oil palm plantation than any state in Nigeria....the villages in Edo produce more oil than delta villages....even ondo produce more oil than delta.
Re: CBN Plans Single-digit Interest Loan For Oil Palm Producers In SE/SS by tysontim(m): 8:49am On Aug 14, 2019
seunmsg:

The north actually contributes more to Nigeria’s economy than the south east.

Read https://www.nairaland.com/3897721/what-does-south-east-contribute
Re: CBN Plans Single-digit Interest Loan For Oil Palm Producers In SE/SS by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 14, 2019
martineverest:
lol....are u comparing delta with edo.?... edo have more oil palm plantation than any state in Nigeria....the villages in Edo produce more oil than delta villages....even ondo produce more oil than delta.
I am not saying that Delta produce more oil than Edo.
I only said akwa ibom is the highest now.
Akwa ibom, River and Abia produce more oil than any state. oil production in other state were underestimated that is why Edo and ondo use to be the highest
there maybe large palm plantations in Edo but they don't actually produce enough oil in some of those village. sometimes palm fruit are left untaped and left to rot away.
Re: CBN Plans Single-digit Interest Loan For Oil Palm Producers In SE/SS by martineverest(m): 9:07am On Aug 14, 2019
Mk12:

I am not saying that Delta produce more oil than Edo.
I only said akwa ibom is the highest now.
Akwa ibom, River and Abia produce more oil than any state. oil production in other state were underestimated that is why Edo and ondo use to be the highest
there maybe large palm plantations in Edo but they don't actually produce enough oil in some of those village. sometimes palm fruit are left untaped and left to rot away.
have u been to those villages in Edo.?....dobu even know that many women in Edo village produce palm oil as source of income?
Re: CBN Plans Single-digit Interest Loan For Oil Palm Producers In SE/SS by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 14, 2019
martineverest:
have u been to those villages in Edo.?....dobu even know that many women in Edo village produce palm oil as source of income?
asking me if I have been to those villages? I spent many years in Benin and still have friends and family there . just last week I was in a village under ovia northeast LGA for business purposes. my mum deal on agricultural products then so you can imagine how many villages we traveled to to source for them then. even though she is now in Delta, she still buy enough palm oil for storage every year so she can sell when the price get higher

1 Like

Re: CBN Plans Single-digit Interest Loan For Oil Palm Producers In SE/SS by Astark: 9:34am On Aug 14, 2019
Mk12:

asking me if I have been to those villages? I spent many years in Benin and still have friends and family there . just last week I was in a village under ovia northeast LGA for business purposes. my mum deal on agricultural products then so you can imagine how many villages we traveled to to source for them then. even though she is now in Delta, she still buy enough palm oil for storage every year so she can sell when the price get higher
the man is right , Edo state houses the capital of Nigeria rubber and palm oil industries. Malaysia government even came to Benin and took some of the products to their states.

The palm oil in Edo alone is more than akwa ibom, delta, ondo etc combined, Edo is just too blessed with palm oil, before my bro traveled abroad that was his business.
Re: CBN Plans Single-digit Interest Loan For Oil Palm Producers In SE/SS by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 14, 2019
Astark:
the man is right , Edo state houses the capital of Nigeria rubber and palm oil industries. Malaysia government even came to Benin and took some of the products to their states.

The palm oil in Edo alone is more than akwa ibom, delta, ondo etc combined, Edo is just too blessed with palm oil, before my bro traveled abroad that was his business.
it use to be then when palm oil in other areas were underreported .
you are not in that line of business so you don't know anything about it. some states have are now ahead of Edo. I can sit in my house and begin to tell you where to get palm oil in Nigeria.
Re: CBN Plans Single-digit Interest Loan For Oil Palm Producers In SE/SS by Astark: 9:45am On Aug 14, 2019
Mk12:

it use to be then when palm oil in other areas were underreported .
you are not in that line of business so you don't know anything about it. some states have are now ahead of Edo. I can sit in my house and begin to tell you where to get palm oil in Nigeria.
what do you mean by some states are now ahead of Edo?do you know how much palm oil preseco,okomou etc produce daily?

Please don't say that in public
Re: CBN Plans Single-digit Interest Loan For Oil Palm Producers In SE/SS by martineverest(m): 9:46am On Aug 14, 2019
Mk12:

u have been to Benin only and u concluded that Edo state doesn't produce oil palm like other states??...Benin only got oil palm companies.most of the oil u see in Benin are from other villages in Edo state.binis produce the least oil palm in Edo state
Re: CBN Plans Single-digit Interest Loan For Oil Palm Producers In SE/SS by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 14, 2019
martineverest:
u have been to Benin only and u concluded that Edo state doesn't produce oil palm like other states??...Benin only got oil palm companies.most of the oil u see in Benin are from other villages in Edo state.binis produce the least oil palm in Edo state
read that reply again. I think you have a problem with understanding
Re: CBN Plans Single-digit Interest Loan For Oil Palm Producers In SE/SS by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 14, 2019
Astark:
what do you mean by some states are now ahead of Edo?do you know how much palm oil preseco,okomou etc produce daily?

Please don't say that in public
those places don't even come up with what some villages even in Edo produce combine monthly. you only see it there in bulk. you think it is those big industries that come up with the many oil you see everywhere in Nigeria?

you are not in that line. whatever knowledge you have about palm oil is likely to come from what you read in the media that only focus on big industries. big industries don't even come up with 5% of the palm oil in Nigeria
Re: CBN Plans Single-digit Interest Loan For Oil Palm Producers In SE/SS by Darkpanthera: 10:26am On Aug 14, 2019
seunmsg:
Nobody seems to be interested in discussing this good CBN policy simply because the beneficiaries will be from south east and south south. If the policy is directed towards the people of North west and north east, they would have dropped loads of wailing epistles on how Buhari is pursuing Fulani agenda.

Re: CBN Plans Single-digit Interest Loan For Oil Palm Producers In SE/SS by banio: 1:05pm On Aug 14, 2019
seunmsg:

It is our birth right. Oil money. We inhale the burnt gases, thus our right should be given to US.
Re: CBN Plans Single-digit Interest Loan For Oil Palm Producers In SE/SS by celeiyke: 1:23pm On Aug 14, 2019
seunmsg:

Why not provide data or links to this other than what looks like a beer parlour talk
Re: CBN Plans Single-digit Interest Loan For Oil Palm Producers In SE/SS by marvinsync(m): 11:23pm On Aug 14, 2019
seunmsg:

the north consists of three geo-political zones, comparing it to one geo-political zone is quite unwise of you
Re: CBN Plans Single-digit Interest Loan For Oil Palm Producers In SE/SS by nonaira: 9:18pm On Aug 16, 2019
martineverest:

Say what you know. SS and SE has the largest Pslm oil production. Akwa-Ibom is the largest. Edo and Ondo are the least in South.

Palm trees grow up in wet rain forests and in savannah, which means that 24 states, mainly in the South east and central zones, produce palm oil. The North central zones produce palm fruits only incidentally. The 9 states situated in the Niger Delta (Figure 4) account for 57% of the national production (PIND, 2011).

The table shows that 25 Statesand the FCT (Abia, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Benue, Cross River, Delta , Eboyin, Edo, Ekiti, Enugu, Imo, Kaduna, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, osun, Ondo, Oyo, Rivers, Taraba, Abuja ) cultivated 1,724.23 hectares of land nationwide for oil palm. The largest land area cultivated was 172.82 hectares by Akwa-Ibom State. The least cultivated land areas were FCT 0.78 hectares and Adamawa State 0.80 hectares.

[b]Total production figure for palm oil was 1,331.53 metric tonnes out of which Akwa-Ibom State produced the largest quantity 135.82 metric tonnes.[/b]The least output on oil palm was from the FCT with 0.17 metric tonnes and Adamawa State with 0.20 metric tonnes.
https://www.nairaland.com/2522113/omitted-truth-debunking-lies...nigeria-states

Re: CBN Plans Single-digit Interest Loan For Oil Palm Producers In SE/SS by PlayMaker001(m): 7:33pm On Aug 17, 2019
This is really nice

Well I supply freshly milled palm oil at 9500 Grade A...Super taste

Phone no in signature �

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Mop-Up By Agencies, Neighbouring Countries Pushes Food Prices Up / Labour Party May Change Okupe As Obi’s Campaign DG / Biafra: BRGIE Begins Self-referendum Voting For All Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.