Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,677 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport (8971 Views)

Anambra Approves N10.6bn For Road Projects. / Nddc Budgets N1.3bn For Fumigation / Kwankwaso Demanded N1.3bn For Own House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by igboboy1(m): 10:36am On Oct 23, 2010
chyz:

[flash=350,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2krrOJ3Yfw&feature=related[/flash]

Loving the "voice of the cross" in the background. smiley

Bia Nowkem ga nodana. Just one junction abi na one stretch of the road is now representative of the whole Enugu, Men Enugu is aight but dont push it cos i;ve been there and its nothing to wirte home about
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by xterra2(m): 5:35pm On Oct 23, 2010
LeoMax:

This is another reason we wanted someone outside the ogboni old skools to be president. GEJ might be desperate for Presidency. He is the most educated man on this job, even if it means to kill 1000 to be there (me not included) He should do it. Why allow Northern and Western old schools to keep torturing the IBOs and other marginalized ethnic groups with policies.

GEJ, dredge the Niger.
GEJ, Revamp Ajaokuta
GEJ, Open the Coal Mines
GEJ, Revitalise Alumunium Smelter at Ikot Abasi
GEJ, Empower Nnewi Technicians
GEJ, Make railways across Nigeria with super speed trains

Chop the money but DO SOMETHING O
Above all. I need 24/7 Electricity in the most interior of villages.
If you have to kill 1000 to be there and do these things, history will magnify your goodness
If you do not do all these, I will not forgive you one bit, cos it took 50 Yrs to have our blood reach that place.

You desperate good luck supporter, posting lies

GEJ, dredge the Niger.
Yaradua did not him, he moved part of the money when he became acting -p
GEJ, Revamp Ajaokuta
He didnt he said 650m would be released, it wasnt released
GEJ, Empower Nnewi Technicians
He didnt commissioning the factory doesn't mean he empowered them, show me facts that he did
GEJ, Make railways across Nigeria with super speed trains
Again he didnt,obasanjo did at first with inflated prices, yaradua review the prices at a cheaper rate and awarded the contract, A loan was taken from china in that respect under yaradua but Jonthan diverted the loan from the rail way

dont lie to support GEJ
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by Nobody: 10:10pm On Oct 23, 2010
CELLULAR:

Only truth, i think u are the one that is a mutant here! can u please justify the reason for 3 international airport withian a radius 80km? For your information that is just 2 minutes airtime. What is the economic output here to justify it?

You can only understand the justification if you usually travel 7 hours to Lagos or 5 hours to Abuja or 4 hours to a ricketty excuse of an airport in PH before you can get to the nearest African country. Not to talk of the risk of highway robbers and accidents on the excellently maintained Nigerian roads.

Secondly, all the argument about Lagos airport being the only one that is fully utilized. It would be nice to keep eastern traffic in the east, and the resultant revenue and economic benefits so that Lagos airport will be known for its actual size.

A little bit more info to you is the fact that there is only on international airport among the three proposed, the one Anambra is proposing is a cargo airport which is what those of us in Onitsha need. Delta I believe is a local airport. The last two are not being built with your federal money, the states are funding them. It might also interest you to know that an organization like the British council, which due to its affiliations with the tribes in Nigeria is strongly present in Kano, Lagos and Ibadan, about 3 years ago closed its office at the Teacher's house in Enugu and maintained only the one in PH. As I write it is only the British DIFID that stills has an office in Enugu. For Enugu and Igbo land, it shows not only a position of less relevance, but poor visibility, poor political power, a shift of nodal geographical position. In essence we do not want foreigners to see us or sell to us from the eyes in Lagos, we want to be the partners and not just the numbers. If it takes 12 airports to do it, there will still be no need for economic arguments cause it is a political issue.

But on the flip of the coin, can you justify why Lagos state government is planning a brand new airport in the Lekki Free Trade zone, when there is a Federal International Airport and a two domestic terminals airport in Lagos already, and when those of us in the east do not have any, our numbers are being used to justify the economic viability of airports in Lagos?
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by miqos02(m): 10:27am On Oct 25, 2010
how will this benefit the average nigerian?
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by Freewilly(f): 12:16am On Oct 26, 2010
igbo boy:

Bia Nowkem ga nodana. Just one junction abi na one stretch of the road is now representative of the whole Enugu, Men Enugu is aight but dont push it cos i;ve been there and its nothing to wirte home about

There is our biggest problem in Igboland, chyz in no way said that stretch of road represents the whole of Enugu, of-cause Enugu has it's own slums

Even America or London has it's own ghettos. That clip was just an appreciation of a good road in the East. You and I know

very well that good road are hard to come by in the East, so my brother biko let's enjoy the little the Gov has done for us.

I've seen after the war clips of Enugu, Onitsha and Aba, so let be proud of how we have rebuild our land my brother.
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by chyz(m): 12:22am On Oct 26, 2010
miqos02:

why are you still breathing?
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by mensdept: 12:25am On Oct 26, 2010
miqos02:

How has the one in Kano helped?
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by Freewilly(f): 12:30am On Oct 26, 2010
mens dept:

How has the one in Kano helped?

I think the only people that use the kano airport are the Muslims going to mecca for their pilgrimage.
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by igboboy1(m): 7:08am On Oct 26, 2010
Freewilly:

There is our biggest problem in Igboland, chyz in no way said that stretch of road represents the whole of Enugu, of-cause Enugu has it's own slums

Even America or London has it's own ghettos. That clip was just an appreciation of a good road in the East. You and I know

very well that good road are hard to come by in the East, so my brother biko let's enjoy the little the Gov has done for us.

I've seen after the war clips of Enugu, Onitsha and Aba, so let be proud of how we have rebuild our[b] land my brother[/b].

iwe o ne we gi? Ok ndo ndo ndo,
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by Freewilly(f): 11:52pm On Oct 26, 2010
igbo boy:

iwe o ne we gi? Ok ndo ndo ndo,

No need to apologize oooo shocked shocked, how can I be mad at my brother kiss
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by mensdept: 11:05pm On Nov 29, 2010
so whats the latest on ibiam inter?
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by DapoBear(m): 11:26pm On Nov 29, 2010
Guyman02:

There was a plan to build a 2500 MW coal fired power plant in Enugu with a 750KV super transmission grid from Enugu to Markudi and Yola during IBB's regime which my boss was part of the feasibility studies team; unfortunately when they presented the amount it would cost to erect such a huge project that would have benefited the whole country IBB's govt threw it out on sentiments by asking why they should spend such huge amounts on 'Biafran' territory. Today we are still facing epilectic power supply with only 3500MW generation.

This is a pretty great idea. Enugu State should look into getting private funding to set this up.
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by DapoBear(m): 11:38pm On Nov 29, 2010
mens dept:

so whats the latest on ibiam inter?

Being challenged by some affected landowners:

http://allafrica.com/stories/201011180467.html
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:23pm On Jan 22, 2013
Guyman02: There was a plan to build a 2500 MW coal fired power plant in Enugu with a 750KV super transmission grid from Enugu to Markudi and Yola during IBB's regime which my boss was part of the feasibility studies team; unfortunately when they presented the amount it would cost to erect such a huge project that would have benefited the whole country IBB's govt threw it out on sentiments by asking why they should spend such huge amounts on 'Biafran' territory. Today we are still facing epilectic power supply with only 3500MW generation.

This airport is a welcome development, because it is only the South East region that dioesnt have one in the country.

After thoroughly yabbing GEJ over the Chilean Minners rescue if it had happened in Nigeria, I was happy to see him yesterday at Oyan Dam Ogun State mingling with flood victims in company of Fashola and Gbenga Daniel. Thats a good development when you compare him with IBB who flew over the site of the  C-130 plane crash in Ejigbo after several days of the incident without caring much about the rescue of the military personnel who perished or Obasanjo who yabbed the victims of the Lagos bomb explosions before later realising the enormity of his comments.

^^^On the bolded: i believe this shi/t happened; so you can see why we should either present a credible candidate for presidency come 2015, or otherwise push for the constitution to be amended so the centre doesn't have this much power over the constituent units to the extent that some evil presidential bastard that doesn't like a people for whatever reason (even though he took an oath to protect the interests of ALL Nigerians equally) can have the power to scuttle development in their region, as we've seen done to the south east in this 'united' and 'fair' country up till 2007.

At topic: 10.3 billion naira is roughly $70 million; i suppose all that was sunk into the runway and other equipment wink wink b'cos it sure ain't showing anywhere else.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Here Is The Much Awaited List .....Now Everybody Can Rest. / The world, Nigeria and Igbos / 'PDP Junkies Will Be In Psychiatric Hospitals' -lauretta Onochie Slams FFK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.