Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,942 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport (8973 Views)

Anambra Approves N10.6bn For Road Projects. / Nddc Budgets N1.3bn For Fumigation / Kwankwaso Demanded N1.3bn For Own House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by OmoTier1(m): 7:30pm On Oct 21, 2010
While it is a good thing that FG is upgrading Enugu Airpor, I am abit concerned while the FG had not made much effort to upgrade the 3rd busiest aiport (busiest by number of passenger and aircraft arrivals/departures) in country which by my greatest suprise is the Benin airport in Benin City! That airport is comparable to some airfields in the UK! In fact the Airbus Filton airfield is by far better than that airport.
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by Onlytruth(m): 7:53pm On Oct 21, 2010
I really think that the federal government should hand the airport over to private investors. I don't trust FG. When plans reach advanced stage now, you will see them trying to sabotage it.
Our eyes are open now, so we are watching them.

Enugu International Airport = final economic emancipation of the Igboman.
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by EzeUche0(m): 7:57pm On Oct 21, 2010
Enugu Airport will become the second busiest airport besides Lagos. The reason why I say this is, because Igbos would rather fly in through Enugu than Lagos.
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by jason12345: 8:01pm On Oct 21, 2010
Onlytruth:

I really think that the federal government should hand the airport over to private investors. I don't trust FG. When plans reach advanced stage now, you will see them trying to sabotage it.
Our eyes are open now, so we are watching them.

Enugu International Airport = final economic emancipation of the Igboman.
why do you still think like that?
EzeUche0:

Enugu Airport will become the second busiest airport besides Lagos. The reason why I say this is, because Igbos would rather fly in through Enugu than Lagos.
and why is that??
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by EzeUche0(m): 8:04pm On Oct 21, 2010
jason12345:

wand why is that??

It is closer to home. Even though my abode is Abia State, I'll rather go through Enugu than Lagos. I can have my driver pick me up from Enugu and be home on the same day if I arrive early.

If I arrive at Lagos or Abuja, I would have to stay overnight at some overpriced hotel, then catch a flight in the morning.
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by jason12345: 8:09pm On Oct 21, 2010
EzeUche0:

It is closer to home. Even though my abode is Abia State, I'll rather go through Enugu than Lagos. I can have my driver pick me up from Enugu and be home on the same day if I arrive early.

If I arrive at Lagos or Abuja, I would have to stay overnight at some overpriced hotel, then catch a flight in the morning.
ok.cool cool
as i said earlier, i wish you all the best. moreover, it would de-congest lagos and boost the economy.
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 21, 2010
And here comes the large influx of Yoruba/Non-Yoruba  ppl in Enugu.

And when will this airport be built?

Infact, let me see how close Enugu is to Ekiti  cool cool If we can make the trip by same day, yayyyyyyy!!! grin grin grin

As long as we have a competition between the Lagos and Enugu airport, hopefully there would also be price competition too.
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by EzeUche0(m): 8:29pm On Oct 21, 2010
Ileke-Idi,

You would make better time going through Abuja than going through Enugu or Lagos.
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by Onlytruth(m): 8:33pm On Oct 21, 2010
jason12345:

why do you still think like that?and why is that??

Apparently, you are one of my old foes that changed username. grin grin grin

You know I won't change until I get my fair share from Nigeria.
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by Ourturn(m): 8:36pm On Oct 21, 2010
Another waste of public funds. Someone is due to smile to the bank soon. The next will be probe on how the money was spent (and that is after the contractor abandoned the project). Then, another probe panel will probe the initial probe committee (for attempting[b] Amos Adamu's method[/b]). That airport is not better than my primary school.That is how Nigerians celebrated, when Owerri airport was upgraded to (Nigerian) International status.
What is happening there today? Same of the same, according to Jimmy Agbaje.

cry cry cry
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 21, 2010
EzeUche0:

Ileke-Idi,

You would make better time going through Abuja than going through Enugu or Lagos.

It depends on what time of the day we arrive in Nigeria. We usually like to leave Lagos to Ekiti state on the same day.
Which one is safer, Enugu or Lagos?
Those policemen in Lagos are beyond SCARY!!!! My last trip had a psychological effect on me, I cried sotey! cry cry
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by jason12345: 8:37pm On Oct 21, 2010
Onlytruth:

Apparently, you are one of my old foes that changed username.  grin grin grin

You know I won't change until I get my fair share from Nigeria.

lol,   i am new ooo!!
bros, i wish progress for nigeria, so talks like that saddens me. sad
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by Onlytruth(m): 8:38pm On Oct 21, 2010
Enugu state government needs to move fast to build new layouts for business parks, commerce and industry.

The state government should also invest MASSIVELY in hospitality businesses such as HOTELS.

If they need a bullish economic adviser, they should employ SOLUDO (from Anambra state) to be the czar for this comprehensive economic plan to tap into this airport.

If they don't have the fund, they should consider targeting banks and investors.

If they need international class consultants, they should contact me.  cool
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by Onlytruth(m): 8:40pm On Oct 21, 2010
jason12345:

lol,   i am new ooo!!
bros, i wish progress for nigeria, so talks like that saddens me. sad

So, how do you know me?

If you want progress for Nigeria, you should embrace facts about it, and not try to mold eagles into chicken.

Nigeria will NEVER progress until the country celebrates her greatest human assets and not trying to "contain" them.
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by EzeUche0(m): 8:43pm On Oct 21, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

It depends on what time of the day we arrive in Nigeria. We usually like to leave Lagos to Ekiti state on the same day.
Which one is safer, Enugu or Lagos?
Those policemen in Lagos are beyond SCARY!!!! My last trip had a psychological effect on me, I cried sotey! cry cry

Neither is safer. Abuja would be much safe, because you would only after to go through Kogi state I believe.

I never have problem with the policemen though. They always salute my car. grin
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 21, 2010
EzeUche0:

Neither is safer. Abuja would be much safe, because you would only after to go through Kogi state I believe.

I never have problem with the policemen though. They always salute my car.  grin
LOL I know what you're doing and too bad. Enugu here I come!!! cheesy cheesy

They're simply hungry, even tho we had 2 high ranked policemen [aunt/uncle] in the car with us. Salute you indeed undecided

Onlytruth:

Enugu state government needs to move fast to build new layouts for business parks, commerce and industry.

The state government should also invest MASSIVELY in hospitality businesses such as HOTELS.

If they need a bullish economic adviser, they should employ SOLUDO (from Anambra state) to be the czar for this comprehensive economic plan to tap into this airport.

If they don't have the fund, they should consider targeting banks and investors.

If they need international class consultants, they should contact me.  cool

Amen. I dont want no N1.5b/night hotels.
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by EzeUche0(m): 8:50pm On Oct 21, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

They're simply hungry, even tho we had 2 high ranked policemen [aunt/uncle] in the car with us. Salute you indeed undecided

Enugu welcomes everyone my dear. Can't say the same about my own state.

You do know it depends on your vehicle. My father's driver picked me up in a SUV with FG tags. Of course we would not be stopped.  cool
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by Onlytruth(m): 8:53pm On Oct 21, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Amen. I dont want no N1.5b/night hotels.

Don't worry dear. Folks like myself will eventually play a role in the whole thing. N1.5 billion hotels are for thieves.
A more sustainable business model will target EVERY international visitor to Nigeria. It depends on what you put in place. It is NOT always about money. I would rather stay in a city where there is "serenity" and the price of the hotel is affordable, than in the N1.5 billion hotel where thieves would spoil my fun.
There are levels of hospitality businesses, each focuses on its own niche.

I want hotels up the Udi hills.   lipsrsealed
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 21, 2010
I simply see Enugu as the new Lagos and yes, I expect it to have high numbers of clients because it's new.
Hopefully they wont have the same recycled customer service that Lagos have, ruuuuuuuude ppl. No black outs while you're trying to board a plane. No broken down A/C in the plane etc.

But what happened to the airport in Owerri?

I can't wait for Ekiti to have it's own airport, I want to fly directly home cry cry Fayemi, plz build up my state cry cry

Onlytruth:

Don't worry dear. Folks like myself will eventually play a role in the whole thing. N1.5 billion hotels are for thieves.
A more sustainable business model will target EVERY international visitor to Nigeria. It depends on what you put in place. It is NOT always about money. I would rather stay in a city where there is "serenity" and the price of the hotel is affordable, than in the N1.5 billion hotel where thieves would spoil my fun.
There are levels of hospitality businesses, each focuses on its own niche.

I want hotels up the Udi hills.   lipsrsealed

And this is why I continue to pray for your success. wink wink

Hopefully this doesn't attract thieves to the airport, and no "lost" luggage.

Let me tell you sth; as we were placing our luggage [more than 6 of them] outside, this dude came by and tried to carry one of the bag like it was his. My mom asked him what he was doing, he said he was trying to help us carry the bag to our car. So she asked him where "our" car was and the dude couldnt say anything.
You have the thieves lined up at the gate of Lagos airport, ready to "help" and follow you to your location.
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by EzeUche0(m): 9:05pm On Oct 21, 2010
Onlytruth,

I shall be stealing your ideas!  cool

Keep on telling all of NL your ideas.
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by EzeUche0(m): 9:07pm On Oct 21, 2010
Why are all these states clamoring for international airports? lol

Ekiti doesn't deserve one. My home state of Abia doesn't deserve one.

Enugu and Rivers State is just fine.
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by Onlytruth(m): 9:08pm On Oct 21, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I simply see Enugu as the new Lagos and yes, I expect it to have high numbers of clients because it's new.
Hopefully they wont have the same recycled customer service that Lagos have, ruuuuuuuude ppl. No black outs while you're trying to board a plane. No broken down A/C in the plane etc.

But what happened to the airport in Owerri?

I can't wait for Ekiti to have it's own state, I want to fly directly home cry cry Fayemi, plz build up my state cry cry

And this is why I continue to pray for your success. wink wink

Hopefully this doesn't attract thieves to the airport, and no "lost" luggage.

Let me tell you sth; as we were placing our luggage [more than 6 of them] outside, this dude came by and tried to carry one of the bag like it was his. My mom asked him what he was doing, he said he was trying to help us carry the bag to our car. So she asked him where "our" car was and the dude couldnt say anything.
You have the thieves lined up at the gate of Lagos airport, ready to "help" and follow you to your location.

Believe me I am so very familiar with that experience. It is not for the faint hearted. I've decided not to carry much luggage on my visits to Nigeria just because of that. I ship them ahead of me.

If Enugu really wants to target tourists and visitors, of course security would top their agenda, only next to international class hotels.
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 21, 2010
Onlytruth:

Believe me I am so very familiar with that experience. It is not for the faint hearted. I've decided not to carry much luggage on my visits to Nigeria just because of that. I ship them ahead of me.

If Enugu really wants to target tourists and visitors, of course security would top their agenda, only next to international class hotels.
You said you were in Nigeria. Business trips?

How do you ship exactly? Do you have ppl picking it up for you or does it go str8 to your house?

Add this to your idea list: Shuttle buses. That will take one from the airport to the hotel. Not talking about those big yellow buses undecided
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by Hardtalk: 9:15pm On Oct 21, 2010
I have a dream!
That one day, KLM, BA, Delta Air, Virgin Atalantic and many others, will struggle to land at a Enugu Sophisticated Airport, only to meet less than 10 passengers. That one day, British Airways will have to spend 2hrs 30mins in the air (waiting for visual landing), just becos PHCN took light, and there were no diesel to power generators, to power runway lights (Part 2 of Abuja airport shame).
That one day, Nigeria will learn not to tag a Poultry house "An International Airport" shocked
I have a dream! grin
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by EzeUche0(m): 9:17pm On Oct 21, 2010
Shut up Hardtalk! angry

We do not need your kind on this thread.
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by jason12345: 9:22pm On Oct 21, 2010
Onlytruth:

So, how do you know me?

If you want progress for Nigeria, you should embrace facts about it, and not try to mold eagles into chicken.

Nigeria will NEVER progress until the country celebrates her greatest human assets and not trying to "contain" them.

you mean the igbos? yes they are great but greatest why would you use such words. What about other ethnic groups. don't be proud!!! angry angry angry
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by 9jvirgin(m): 9:26pm On Oct 21, 2010
Nothing new, different campaign strategy on the loose. My eastern guys will be happy because they dont have to be stripped naked in MMA  wink
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 21, 2010
jason12345:

you mean the igbos? yes they are great but greatest why would you use such words. What about other ethnic groups. don't be proud!!! angry angry angry
oya so fun mi, ta ni e? you sound like maziuche.
lol
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by Hardtalk: 9:27pm On Oct 21, 2010
EzeUche0:

Shut up Hardtalk!  angry

We do not need your kind on this thread.

See, no one is enemy of progress here, but the reality will justify the statement.
The way we tag every airport in Nigeria, "international", ridicules our sense of international status and symbol.
Why not let us call it a standard airport, and drop the word INTERNATIONAL for now?
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 21, 2010
Hardtalk:

See, no one is enemy of progress here, but the reality will justify the statement.
The way we tag every airport in Nigeria, "international", ridicules our sense of international status and symbol.
Why not let us call it a standard airport, and drop the word INTERNATIONAL for now?

Why? FL has about 7 international airports in one state.
How do YOU define international?
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by hackney(m): 9:34pm On Oct 21, 2010
Lets see how the enugu airport of a thing pans out.
For the mean time na abuja oo!!
(nnamdi azikiwe: serene, so safe, no touts, drop your wallet and its at the same spot hrs later)
Luv it.

from ABJ to owerri is 40mins and very little boarding delay.
i dont see enugu beating that sha.
Re: Fg Approves N10.3bn For Enugu Airport by EzeUche0(m): 9:47pm On Oct 21, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Why? FL has about 7 international airports in one state.
How do YOU define international?

That is, because FL is a HUGE state. You can fit in like 20 Ekiti states in Florida.

Only major cities deserve international airports. That would include Lagos, Enugu, Port Harcourt, Abuja and Kano.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? / Federal Executive Bodies Listed In The 1999 Constitution Of The Federal Republic / In Spite Of Difficulty, President Buhari Has Been Growing The Economy - Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.