Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,818 members, 7,827,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

How Were African Ancestors Doing This? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Were African Ancestors Doing This? (1045 Views)

American Celebrities With Their African Ancestors / Nairaland Ancestors (pics) / I CAUGHT HIM: I Caught My Friend Doing This...He Thought I Won't Know [PHOTO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Were African Ancestors Doing This? by vybzkartel: 2:02pm On Aug 15, 2019
As a Jamaican I can never forget my African roots
II believe I am originally from West Africa and I periodically get into racial debates with my white buddies
What usually come up include

1.How were Africans before western civilization keeping their armpits refreshed from sweat of odour?

2 were African Ancestors wearing underpants and bras?

3 were they maintaining oral hygiene?

4.How were African women taking care of their menses?

5How were Africans treating wounds

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Were African Ancestors Doing This? by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 2:15pm On Aug 15, 2019
vybzkartel:
II believe I am originally from West Africa and I periodically get into racial debates with my white buddies

1.How were Africans before western civilization keeping their armpits refreshed from sweat of odour?

Thanks
life began here...

1 Like

Re: How Were African Ancestors Doing This? by vybzkartel: 2:24pm On Aug 15, 2019
Bouncingbabyboy:
life began here...

How
Re: How Were African Ancestors Doing This? by meobizy(f): 7:05pm On Aug 15, 2019
Let me bust your head small:

6. How were Africans able to breathe before the white man invented oxygen?

2 Likes

Re: How Were African Ancestors Doing This? by theunnamed: 7:32pm On Aug 15, 2019
meobizy:

No human invented oxygen, it was discovered

1 Like

Re: How Were African Ancestors Doing This? by CodeTemplar: 7:42pm On Aug 15, 2019
Africans were living mostly like animals

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Were African Ancestors Doing This? by ahahnow: 7:50pm On Aug 15, 2019
vybzkartel:

Thanks

They were not able to handle any of those things in a hygienic way unti the white man came to educate them. For oral hygiene, I know that they used the ashes of cow shit to clean their teeth, some places in Uganda still do it today.
Re: How Were African Ancestors Doing This? by EloquentMedia: 7:52pm On Aug 15, 2019
vybzkartel:

Thanks

When you get used to a particular odor you become insensitive to it. Yes they took their baths and made sponges from coconut husk or such like to scrub some sensitive parts

No! they weren't just a loose cover made from animal skin

Sure! they made chewing sticks which has proven to be more effective and medicinal than even the toothpaste we now use

Im not a lady and Im single, born again so I dont know how menses happen and how women handle it even in modern times

5. How were Africans treating wounds
They had herbs that were squeezed and the liquid and shrub administered to the wound. Even the modern treatments came from improvements of such ancient methods

And please note that even the whites were not thrown from heaven with everything already made for there comfort. There was a period they didnt have all these modern inventions. Ask yourself how they also survived. Man and other animals will always learn to adapt to any environment they find themselves. Note also that even with modern inventions more diseases are arising to challenge it and we keep improvising to tackle it. Civilization brought its own problems that further inovations needed to solve. Our natural environment with its clean air has been disrupted so diseases that were not known are now rampant and we have weaker antibodies to combat them

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Were African Ancestors Doing This? by ahahnow: 7:52pm On Aug 15, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Africans were living mostly like animals

Not "mostly like", they were no different from the monkeys, in fact they were learning from the monkeys until the white man came to teach
Re: How Were African Ancestors Doing This? by LarryBee1k: 10:47pm On Aug 15, 2019

1 Like

Re: How Were African Ancestors Doing This? by OnyeOGA(m): 12:04am On Aug 16, 2019
vybzkartel:

Thanks
life started in africa.
1. We invented blades which was used in cutting hairs.
2. Underpants are bullshit. The heat generated only can make you have low sperm count. What is bra? Lol. Actually something use in covering a breast? Ask urself. Why can't women sleep by putting on bra. It is covered with a piece of wrapper.
3. Like someone said,"we were using chewing stick". It has proven that chewing stick is better than the fucking toothbrush we use today,
4. Don't know.
5. Aborigines( blacks/ moor) are the architect of every invention you see today.
pta( an ancient Egyptian) probably a black man was once worshipped by the Greeks. He was god of medicine for 2,700years before hypocrates was born. What u see today in first aid box today was documented by the ancient Egypt( Kemet( land of blacks) on walls. Maybe you can make your research.
They plagarised everything we invented, including straw.
Proud that you remember your root.
Re: How Were African Ancestors Doing This? by Nobody: 6:28am On Aug 16, 2019
meobizy:

Your comments usually don't make sense. How can u compare breathing with shaving armpit?

One you do unconsciously without thinking. The other you do consciously.

Man, you are really a learner.

(1) (Reply)

Any Akwa Ibomite Here??.. Pls Help Translate This / A Simple Question For The Mgtows Aka Redpillers) / I need advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.