Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria (48297 Views)

PDP Presidential Primary: Atiku Gets 371 Votes, Wike Gets 231 Votes / Full List Of 371 Tribes In Nigeria. Check Where You Belong. / Full List Of The 371 Tribes In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by sagitariusbaby(m): 9:28am On Aug 16, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
ebira(Edo)?..ebira (kogi and nassarawa) is better

ebu(Edo)?..ebu (delta) is better

akoko-edo......(Edo)

Akoko-Edo is not a tribe, it represents a geographical area that consist of different minority tribes. There are several minor tribes in Akoko-Edo and I wonder how they manage to live together in peace and harmony. Nigeria should learn from them.

1 Like

Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by sagitariusbaby(m): 9:31am On Aug 16, 2019
Omeizamon:
Ebirra is not in Edo state.... The tribe they have is Igarra. Pls check your facts correctly before posting.

Igarra is not a tribe, its the name of the town occupied by Etuno people. Etuno was ably mentioned by the hope
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Sunsets: 9:31am On Aug 16, 2019
Kindly separate yourself only.
sykeng:
In Delta State, Ukwani, Ika and Aniocha speak almost similarly language with the core igbos but they are not of same tribe, so as isoko and urhobo are similar but of different tribes. Next time separate them please.

1 Like

Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Deadlytruth(m): 9:31am On Aug 16, 2019
AgentGoat:

You don't know anything undecided
It is rather you who doesn't know anything. That guy you quoted is perfectly correct. There are no Ebiras indegeous to Edo State. Igarras are not Ebiras. Go and get your facts right about this and eschew the recent dubious attempts being made by your people to supplant the Oshuku appelation with Ebira.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Charlico2(m): 9:34am On Aug 16, 2019
Davash222:
Na this too much tribe be our major problem for this country.

371 Countries grin
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Sunsets: 9:34am On Aug 16, 2019
Do you know how old and recent the state boundaries are?
Houstency:

It's contestable. Don't mistake the bordering communities of Nsukka part of Enugu State or riverine communities of Anambra, as Igbos in Kogi State, rather they are the Igala part of Enugu and Anambra States. Curious to know, have you found indigenous Igbos from Kogi State?
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by RemiOAjayi: 9:34am On Aug 16, 2019
LUGER:

You should know this is a sensitive thing to say as a MOD and coming from a Yoruba man,it stinks of Ethnic domineering.Please and please,we the people of Edo are NOT YORUBAS AND NEVER WILL BE

Cc Efewestern

So u represent the entire Edo state? When an uneducated person talks one must know nani. Is only for the sake of the truth nothing more , Yoruba Nation is complete without u guys.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 16, 2019
Number 12 is the best. Na the others de cause plenty problems 4 us 4 this naija
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by God2man2again(m): 9:36am On Aug 16, 2019
This is too much.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Deadlytruth(m): 9:37am On Aug 16, 2019
sagitariusbaby:

Akoko-Edo is not a tribe, it represents a geographical area that consist of different minority tribes. There are several minor tribes in Akoko-Edo and I wonder how they manage to live together in peace and harmony. Nigeria should learn from them.
You made my day with this comment.
There are actually at least 15 different tribes in Akoko-Edo out of which none is Yoruboid let alone being Yoruba contrary to some tales from Ignoramuses online. The peaceful coexistence among them is founded on the fact that they don't preach one-Akoko-Edo the way one-Nigeria is preached to defraud one another at the national level, but each tribe is allowed to assert herself and protect her culture from undue interference from the others. They all know their bounds and respect one another's desire to be themselves. This is just the secret to their peaceful togetherness despite a whole world of difference among them.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Sunsets: 9:40am On Aug 16, 2019
If only they know the meaning of tribe.
Emarex:
Igbo is not a tribe but an ethnic group

2 Likes

Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by kamat01: 9:40am On Aug 16, 2019
What of tangle in Gombe
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 16, 2019
Mynd44:
Number 200

Kanuri not Kanufi

Add Kogi state to Igbo

And Edo to Yoruba
Edo can't be yoruba, when ondo hasn't become yoruba completely.

1 Like

Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Ctorch: 9:40am On Aug 16, 2019
Houstency:

Do you mind sharing the areas where we have indigenous Igbo settlers in Kogi State? Igbo is no part of Kogi State, I beg to differ.

but Igala is in anambra state.

bottom line is this..

No Igala in anambra state....proved
No Igbo in kogi state....I fully agree.

stop spreading rumours and propaganda.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Efegoma(m): 9:41am On Aug 16, 2019
Good Job. I will copy and paste as directed.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by DameB(f): 9:41am On Aug 16, 2019
Deadlytruth:

You made my day with this comment.
There are actually at least 15 different tribes in Akoko-Edo out of which none is Yoruboid let alone being Yoruba contrary to some tales from Ignoramuses online. The peaceful coexistence among them is founded on the fact that they don't preach one-Akoko-Edo but each tribe I allowed to assert herself and protect her culture from undue interference from the others. They all know their bounds and respect one another's desire to be themselves. This is just the secret to their peaceful togetherness despite a whole world of difference among them.
Wow.. Urobos infact Deltans need to go learn from them
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Deadlytruth(m): 9:53am On Aug 16, 2019
Onijagidijagan:

Edo can't be yoruba, when ondo hasn't become yoruba completely.

I wonder for these Igbo ignoramuses online o! They say Edo is Yoruba despite they can't mention just one Edo town to which Yorubas are indigenous. Ironically they even claim Delta State with its Yoruboid Itsekiri and Olukunmi people is an Igboid State. Confused clowns.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by agadez007(m): 9:54am On Aug 16, 2019
Ctorch:

but Igala is in anambra state.
bottom line is this..
No Igala in anambra state....proved No Igbo in kogi state....I fully agree.
stop spreading rumours and propaganda.
correct
I wonder why the much urge to gave igalas in Anambra state there are no igalas in Anambra state,same way there are no Igbos in kogi state
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by LUGER(m): 9:54am On Aug 16, 2019
RemiOAjayi:

So u represent the entire Edo state? When an uneducated person talks one must know nani. Is only for the sake of the truth nothing more , Yoruba Nation is complete without u guys.

The educated one,please state Historical facts that states clearly that Edo is from the Yorubas,stop being domineering,we are not a part of you guys.

1 Like

Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by StrongandMighty: 9:54am On Aug 16, 2019
caracas:
They are not of the same tribe but they speak the same language......... Are u sure u are okay?
Obviously he's not
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by agadez007(m): 9:55am On Aug 16, 2019
Deadlytruth:

I wonder for these Igbo ignoramuses online o! They say Edo is Yoruba despite they can't mention just one Edo town to which Yorubas are indigenous. Ironically they even claim Delta State with its Yoruboid Itsekiri and Olukunmi people is an Igboid State. Confused clowns.
why are you guys obsessed with Igbos
everything is Igbo igbo,I am sure when your pee pee stop functioning,you will look for a Igbo man to blame

3 Likes

Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Ctorch: 9:56am On Aug 16, 2019
Deadlytruth:

And what are the basis of your assumption? We understand that Edo State People's preference for APC government in the state has so much planted resentment into you Igbos that you have for the past 6 years been peddling this narrative to blackmail the people into going back to the PDP which you erroneously assume is the SS' and SE's party. But we don't give a damn because your refusal to also lump Delta State as well with Youruba despite her obvious more manifestly Yoruboid Itsekiris and Olukunmis together with Urhobos and Isokos who trace their ancestry to Edo all expose the political undertone behind it. As long as you keep trying to paint Edo as Yorubas twins without carrying along Deltans who with their own mouths claim sameness of ancestors with Edos, then your hypocrisy and quest for political correctness becomes obvious even to a simpleton. Keep deluding yourself.

keep deceiving yourself in this 21st century.

What can be see and cleary dottted with simple eye is what you trying to deny by bringing politics to a nice submission and little Omission.

The similarities shared between yoruba and edos is just beyond simple eye and even to the layman cannot bee denied.

is it names, pronunciation, title, skin, dynasty, history....Mr what are you arguing for christ sake??

There is no political correctness but facts. If there is/are any difference is minimal but on greater scale can be converged.

moreover I didn't say it first, it was even a mod that said that anyway.

3 Likes

Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by palmshots: 9:57am On Aug 16, 2019
If we don't know anyone we know chibok is in Borno...OP correct it
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Taway(m): 9:58am On Aug 16, 2019
Same people repeatedly listed as different tribes in Cross River State. For instance, Etung is a subset of Ejagham and Ejagham is a subset of Ekoi. This and many other examples in the state makes your list almost meaningless.

2 Likes

Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Credobee(m): 9:58am On Aug 16, 2019
Great work
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by mysticwarrior(m): 9:58am On Aug 16, 2019
Kadara people are in southern Kaduna and not Taraba

2 Likes

Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Ctorch: 10:00am On Aug 16, 2019
agadez007:
correct

I wonder why the much urge to gave igalas in Anambra state
there are no igalas in Anambra state,same way there are no Igbos in kogi state

Fully correct.

If you allow them, they will be moving about deceiving people with such propaganda.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Thonee(m): 10:02am On Aug 16, 2019
Was the tower of Babel erected in Nigeria?

God is good.
Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by Ctorch: 10:02am On Aug 16, 2019
agadez007:
why are you guys obsessed with Igbos
everything is Igbo igbo,I am sure when your pee pee stop functioning,you will look for a Igbo man to blame

You forgot that if igbo is not mentioned anyday in Nigeria, it will seem all is not well.

lolzz

2 Likes

Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by sallazlee(m): 10:03am On Aug 16, 2019
ImmaculateJOE:
We have only
Igbo Yoruba Hausa & Others
are you a carpenter,you nail it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Full List Of All The 371 Tribes In Nigeria by sallazlee(m): 10:04am On Aug 16, 2019
ImmaculateJOE:
We have only
Igbo Yoruba Hausa & Others
are you a carpenter,you nail it

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin / Ondo Youths Commission Road "On Behalf Of The Governor" (Video) / PDP Governors Give Jonathan New Conditions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.