Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference (5287 Views)

Fresh Crisis Hits PDP Over Planned Reform Conference / Register To Attend The First National Youth Reform Conference In Nigeria / Describe Your Governor's Performance In 2012 In One Word (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by MeAboki(m): 4:31am On Oct 23, 2010
honeric01:

see my questions here bro:

I would like to know the major contributions of the northern states to the growth of this country, what exactly do the northern states add to Nigeria? (economically)

just tell us what you guys have contributed (major)

Pls follow this link  to the National Bureau of Statistics     (http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/).

Note that the latest figures (2009) indicate that AGRICULTURE is the highest contributor to the national GDP,at 41.84% shocked shocked shocked followed; at a distant second by Wholesale & Retail, at 18.16%, then thirdly by Crude Petroleum ,at 16.05%.

Also note that Nigeria (whether you like it or not) is primarily an agriculturally based country and that the Northern States are major contributors to that sector; hence to the GDP that drives the economy - shocking isn't it ? cool cool cool
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by Mariory(m): 4:35am On Oct 23, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

A republic where Hausas and Fulnani makes suya out of themselves.

A true people's republic. grin
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by honeric01(m): 10:24pm On Oct 23, 2010
Me_Aboki:

Pls follow this link  to the National Bureau of Statistics     (http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/).

Note that the latest figures (2009) indicate that AGRICULTURE is the highest contributor to the national GDP,at 41.84% shocked shocked shocked followed; at a distant second by Wholesale & Retail, at 18.16%, then thirdly by Crude Petroleum ,at 16.05%.

Also note that Nigeria (whether you like it or not) is primarily an agriculturally based country and that the Northern States are major contributors to that sector; hence to the GDP that drives the economy - shocking isn't it ? cool cool cool 

Who's deceiving who? undecided, the website puts Agriculture at 41%, do you personally believe it? undecided undecided undecided

TeleComm/Postal Serv
Contributed 3.67% to the GDP in 2009 Solid Minerals
Contributed 0.38% to the GDP in 2009
Manufacturing
Contributed 4.19% to the GDP in 2009 Finance & Insurance
Contributed 3.71% to the GDP in 2009
Building & Construc
Contributed 1.98% to the GDP in 2009 Agriculture
Contributed 41.84% to the GDP in 2009
Hotel and Restaurant
Contributed 0.49% to the GDP in 2009 Wholesale and Retail
Contributed 18.16% to the GDP in 2009
Crude Petroleum & Na
Contributed 16.05% to the GDP in 2009 Others
Contributed 7.04% to the GDP in 2009
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 23, 2010
@Onlytruth, Ezeuche, Udezue
I do not understand why you guys resorted to making fun of this. If we are going to have hausaland or Arewa republic then we will be dividing Nigeria, to call it excision is purely insulting.

I was actually expecting you people to encourage this line of thought. In fact I have thought of the possibility of the Eastern region (SS and SE) supporting the North in such a quest for a couple of years by letting them own some significant size of offshore oil acreages. They can use the proceeds to fire an agricultural and technological revolution, as well as produce oil from around lake Chad basin like Chad is currently doing on the other side of the lake. When every one is well independently settled we can begin to form a co-operative community "the Empire States of the Niger" just like the European Union, with each member having its own laws and revenue. It can even extend beyond today's Nigeria.

Their is no part of Nigeria that is not blessed with enough resources to flourish on its own. A lot of our staple foods like beans, beef, yam, onions, tomatoes etc must come from the north unless we perform scientific miracles in agricultural science which I do not see coming. Any one who is under rating that dependence is simply playing with fire. Recently just because Russia refused to export wheat, Egypt was shaken. Not to talk of minerals. Travel to Kogi state and see loads of marble formation which people pass everyday to import Italian marbles.

Let us stop spreading the Fallacy that the North is a barren place, I have been there and I know it is not barren, rather the minds of her people and that of most of Nigeria is barren. Even the most economically vibrant Lagos is nothing if you remove the mouth that feeds (Demand) through it from the North and East. In fact the current market size of Lagos is due to the poor planning capacity of Nigerian leaders which means that almost half of all companies in Nigeria are located on a small island connected by three bridges. Remove the number of people they serve directly and indirectly around the country and you will have empty stalls.

If we are to boast about wealth only oil producing communities should open their mouth, the rest of the country are merely lazy parasites who are sitting on gold mines but insist on being blind to it.
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 23, 2010
honeric01:

Who's deceiving who? undecided, the website puts Agriculture at 41%, do you personally believe it? undecided undecided undecided

TeleComm/Postal Serv
Manufacturing
Building & Construc
Contributed 1.98% to the GDP in 2009
Agriculture
Hotel and Restaurant
Crude Petroleum & Na

The bolded part is the only one I feel like questioning but alas the property boom is mainly happening in Lagos, Abuja and PH. If you think critically Nigeria is a consumptive economy that hardly manufactures anything. Even the crude we produce is actually being produced by foreign companies with a lot of foreign staff. Thats why we have very little capacity to mine the solid minerals even though we have been mining (oil) for years. It is only expected that the bulk of the actual GDP should be in subsistence agriculture, commerce or goods distribution and petroleum.
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by experience(m): 5:04pm On Oct 24, 2010
KenGali:

I do not understand why you guys resorted to making fun of this. If we are going to have hausaland or Arewa republic then we will be dividing Nigeria, to call it excision is purely insulting.

I was actually expected you people to encourage this line of thought. In fact I have thought of the possibility of the Eastern region (SS and SE) supporting the North in such a quest for a couple of years by letting them own some significant size of offshore oil acreages. They can use the proceeds to fire an agricultural and technological revolution, as well as produce oil from around lake Chad basin like Chad is currently doing on the other side of the lake. When every one is well independently settled we can begin to form a co-operative community "the Empire States of the Niger" just like the European Union, with each member having its own laws and revenue. It can even extend beyond today's Nigeria.

Their is no part of Nigeria that is not blessed with enough resources to flourish on its own. A lot of our staple foods like beans, beef, yam, onions, tomatoes etc must come from the north unless we perform scientific miracles in agricultural science which I do not see coming. Any one who is under rating that dependence is simply playing with fire. Recently just because Russia refused to export wheat, Egypt was shaken. Not to talk of minerals. Travel to Kogi state and see loads of marble formation which people pass everyday to import Italian marbles.

Let us stop spreading the Fallacy that the North is a barren place, I have been there and I know it is not barren, rather the minds of her people and that of most of Nigeria is barren. Even the most economically vibrant Lagos is nothing if you remove the mouth that feeds (Demand) through it from the North and East. In fact the current market size of Lagos is due to the poor planning capacity of Nigerian leaders which means that almost half of all companies in Nigeria are located on a small island connected by three bridges. Remove the number of people they serve directly and indirectly around the country and you will have empty stalls.

If we are to boast about wealth only oil producing communities should open their mouth, the rest of the country are merely lazy parasites who are sitting on gold mines but insist on being blind to it.

Brilliant. I would like us to have a serious discussion about this. I have discussed a similar configuration on the topic "the true extent of Alaigbo" (culture section). By the way are you from the north?
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by auwal87(m): 5:18pm On Oct 24, 2010
KenGali:

I was actually expected you people to encourage this line of thought. In fact I have thought of the possibility of the Eastern region (SS and SE) supporting the North in such a quest for a couple of years by letting them own some significant size of offshore oil acreages. They can use the proceeds to fire an agricultural and technological revolution, as well as produce oil from around lake Chad basin like Chad is currently doing on the other side of the lake. When every one is well independently settled we can begin to form a co-operative community "the Empire States of the Niger" just like the European Union, with each member having its own laws and revenue. It can even extend beyond today's Nigeria.

The most brilliant reply yet, I am happy with your insights, and I hope you will also join forces to see that the demon that posses people of this side of the African region called Nigeria are fought. This demon is nothing but the Nigerian dream, which we cannot realize. It is only when Nigerians wake up to that dream that we will be great again. It is Possible.
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by tashanja(m): 5:26pm On Oct 24, 2010
honeric01:

TeleComm/Postal Serv
Manufacturing
Building & Construc
Contributed 1.98% to the GDP in 2009 Agriculture
Hotel and Restaurant
Crude Petroleum & Na

Please do me a favour, produce an alternative set of data from a more credible source that would prove otherwise; if not then continue to remain in denial for all I care - after all, ignorance is bliss - so do remain blissfully ignorant, until the day aboki who and your ilk seem to underestimate,would rudely awake you from your misplaced arrogant slumber. cool cool grin grin
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by jason12345: 5:29pm On Oct 24, 2010
auwal87:

The most brilliant reply yet, I am happy with your insights, and I hope you will also join forces to see that the demon that posses people of this side of the African region called Nigeria are fought. This demon is nothing but the Nigerian dream, which we cannot realize. It is only when Nigerians wake up to that dream that we will be great again. It is Possible.

amen, but the northern youths need to seize power from the leaders who use them for political gains in the disguise of religion.
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by Tsiya(m): 5:33pm On Oct 24, 2010
jason12345:

amen, but the northern youths need to seize power from the leaders who use them for political gains in the disguise of religion.

but Nigerian youths need to seize power from the leaders whou use them for political gains
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by jason12345: 5:40pm On Oct 24, 2010
Tsiya:

but Nigerian youths need to seize power from the leaders whou use them for political gains

we love the northerners in nigeria, but the religious killing gives them a bad reputation.
if you are a northerner, you can start by educating some youths. gradually, the country will change. grin grin grin
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by koruji(m): 6:07pm On Oct 24, 2010
@Me_Aboki,auwal87,etc
The fact is that almost [size=14pt]90% of all Nigerian government revenue comes from the oil[/size], that means at most 10% comes from Agriculture - but it is surely no more than 1% - since hadly any taxes are paid on Agriculture.

Thus, the real issue is not whether the North or any other region is contributing to the economy, but the following. The [size=14pt]income from the agricultural contribution by the North is RECEIVED BY THE NORTH. In contrast, the income from crude oil by the region that produces it is taking almost entirely from them[/size], even though it is only 19%, and used to support the other region's contributions. The 13% derivation means that they only get to keep about 2.6% of the GDP+whatever the Federal Government distributes in general.

Moreover, that 2.6% is funnelled through a corrupt system such that the true owners of the oil see very little of it at the end of the day. Meanwhile, the FG gives subsidies on fuel and provides free fertilizer for Agriculture - but the income goes straight to the farmer. In addition, the land of the oil producing regions are damaged, fried and generally ruined so that they cannot even attempt to engage in productive agriculture in many parts.

This is the violation of natural justice that we are collectively perpetuating in Nigeria. No wonder the country knows no peace.

Me_Aboki:

Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by auwal87(m): 6:53pm On Oct 24, 2010
koruji:

@Me_Aboki,auwal87,etc
The fact is that almost [size=14pt]90% of all Nigerian government revenue comes from the oil[/size], that means at most 10% comes from Agriculture - but it is surely no more than 1% - since hadly any taxes are paid on Agriculture.

Thus, the real issue is not whether the North or any other region is contributing to the economy, but the following. The [size=14pt]income from the agricultural contribution by the North is RECEIVED BY THE NORTH. In contrast, the income from crude oil by the region that produces it is taking almost entirely from them[/size], even though it is only 19%, and used to support the other region's contributions. The 13% derivation means that they only get to keep about 2.6% of the GDP+whatever the Federal Government distributes in general.

Moreover, that 2.6% is funnelled through a corrupt system such that the true owners of the oil see very little of it at the end of the day. Meanwhile, the FG gives subsidies on fuel and provides free fertilizer for Agriculture - but the income goes straight to the farmer. In addition, the land of the oil producing regions are damaged, fried and generally ruined so that they cannot even attempt to engage in productive agriculture in many parts.

This is the violation of natural justice that we are collectively perpetuating in Nigeria. No wonder the country knows no peace.

Afterall, you should know that it isn't in the Nigeria's constitution either for that to have happened.
Does that means that should the North also have oil, it will also retain and refuse to distribute nationally? No! It must do like the South East are doing, that is where the big problem starts, and we shouldn't pray this happens now. We should pray North gets its oil when it is fully independence from the present Nigeria. undecided
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by honeric01(m): 6:58pm On Oct 24, 2010
tashanja:

Please do me a favour, produce an alternative set of data from a more credible source that would prove otherwise; if not then continue to remain in denial for all I care - after all, ignorance is bliss - so do remain blissfully ignorant, until the day aboki who and your ilk seem to underestimate,would rudely awake you from your misplaced arrogant slumber. cool cool grin grin

Are you sick in the head or where exactly? (a question), i just asked a question which I'm yet to get an answer on, what are the major contributions of the northern states to the Nigerian economy, tired of seeing the useless stats on some of our unproductive websites, in true life, we all know Agriculture is like a dead lion being paraded in a falsely way to deceive some of us into thinking Agriculture is actually progressing in Nigeria.

We import almost all the major food we eat in Nigeria (not talking of pepper/onions here), so where did the 41% crop out from? we all know what happened to Nigeria when oil price fell from $141 to $62.
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by koruji(m): 7:39pm On Oct 24, 2010
There is nothing special about oil. Though its production process is different from Agriculture you don't put straw into the soil to suck up the oil. You have to toil at it the same way. Nobody put the nutrients in the soil for agriculture or invented photosynthetic technology. These and oil are both God-given. More than you know, oil is the product of agriculture processed by nature over thousand of years, while agriculture is harvesting nature by the season.

The question you should ask yourself is: if the government doesn't collect the product of nature that we like to call agriculture and redistribute it to everybody, why should they collect the product of nature called oil and redistribute to everybody.

Don't get me wrong the government is there to ensure that nobody is getting returns for more than its fair share of effort and fruits of his possessions. The North's land is its possession and produces agricultural goods in abundance, the South-South's land is its possession and can produce oil in abundance.

Believe me, I am not from any oil region, but I can see now that unless a nation stops violating natural justice it would not make progress. We can produce agriculture more abundantly North, South, West, East, etc - when we learn to do the right things. It is not that difficult to see if you are a just and fair person - and that should be simplet given that Nigerians are such religious folks. Best practices around the world on how to justly distributed resource revenues and pay your TAXES on all productive activities (including Agriculture) should serve as a lesson.

Do you care to tell me why Nigeria cannot make abundant export earnings from Agriculture - even more than oil? Just take a look at Brazil.

auwal87:

Afterall, you should know that it isn't in the Nigeria's constitution either for that to have happened.
Does that means that should the North also have oil, it will also retain and refuse to distribute nationally? No! It must do like the South East are doing, that is where the big problem starts, and we shouldn't pray this happens now. We should pray North gets its oil when it is fully independence from the present Nigeria. undecided
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by MeAboki(m): 3:22am On Oct 26, 2010
@honeric01

If you will recall, your question repeatedly asked for what was the contribution of the Northern States to the Nigerian economy (check your posts if in doubt) for which an answer was subsequently given to you, by way of published data from an establishment of the Nigerian government dedicated to producing statistical data on Nigeria (i.e the National Bureau of Statistics). cool
Kindly tell me what part of the answer did you not understand? :oBy the what school did you attend, obviously they hardly taught you anything there; if I were you, I'd go back and demand for full refund for time wasted.
Honestly, didn't somebody teach you that the GDP (gross domestic product) is a measure of a country's over all economic out put (which the Northern States continue to contribute significantly through agriculture) or are you simply an olodo, idiot, jaki (donkey) posing to be educated. angry angry

@Tashanja

I concur, this person is obviously in denial or perhaps even a product of exam malpractice, a pseudo intellect (otherwise, how come he can't relate GDP with the economy)- shocking isn't it shocked shocked grin grin
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by Hadone(m): 10:52am On Oct 27, 2010
Me_Aboki:

@honeric01

If you will recall, your question repeatedly asked for what was the contribution of the Northern States to the Nigerian economy (check your posts if in doubt) for which an answer was subsequently given to you, by way of published data from an establishment of the Nigerian government dedicated to producing statistical data on Nigeria (i.e the National Bureau of Statistics). cool
Kindly tell me what part of the answer did you not understand? :oBy the what school did you attend, obviously they hardly taught you anything there; if I were you, I'd go back and demand for full refund for time wasted.
Honestly, didn't somebody teach you that the GDP (gross domestic product) is a measure of a country's over all economic out put (which the Northern States continue to contribute significantly through agriculture) or are you simply an olodo, , jaki (donkey) posing to be educated. angry angry

@Tashanja

I concur, this person is obviously in denial or perhaps even a product of exam malpractice, a pseudo intellect (otherwise, how come he can't relate GDP with the economy)- shocking isn't it shocked shocked grin grin
[size=18pt]You got him right. He is just proving to be as you mentioned above, that's why I just decided to get out of his way. Thank God that people are understanding his true colour. This guy can never pass an examination.[/size] cry cry cry
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by honeric01(m): 11:19am On Oct 27, 2010
^^^^^^
  Because i decided to back off should not give you the ounce to insult me, if you try that again, sorry's going to be your next call to duty.

He insulted me, i let it pass because i also threw a jab at you, but enough of the insults, keep it clean, if i can't pass an exam, how come I'm where i am now? undecided

As for him saying i do not know how GDP works, I'd like him to post the GDP of various states in the NORTH, that should help us solve this issue once and for all, just help us with the list of various states in the northern Nigeria and their GDP.
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by Gayigaskia(m): 12:19pm On Oct 27, 2010
jason12345:

yes u are right,
niger although it is close to northerner nigeria it has more gold and uranium than northern nigeria. so am not so sure u can do that comparison.

MOST OF YOU GUYS NEEDS TO STOP IT RIGHT THERE. DO YOU KNOW THAT NIGER REPUBLIC HAS OIL AND THAT THEIR REFINERY WILL BE ONLINE NEXT YEAR? DO YOU KNOW THAT NIGER REPUBLIC HAS THE SECOND LARGEST URANIUM DEPOSITS IN THE WORLD AFTER CANADA. DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY COWS ARE THERE IN NIGER REPUBLIC? DO YOU KNOW THAT THOSE COWS ARE WHAT MADE NIGERIA STAY TOGETHER AFTER COWS ARE USED BY THE NORTHERN MILITARY ON FILEDS THAT OJUKU PEOPLE HAVE TRAPPED WITH MINES?
kEEP UNDERESTIMATING NIGER REPUBLIC, JUST REMEMBER THE NORTHERN NIGERIA HAS A BIG BROTHER TO THE NORTH
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by honeric01(m): 3:30pm On Oct 27, 2010
you mean you want to claim them as yours or you want to convert them into the new hausaland? undecided
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by Gayigaskia(m): 5:38pm On Oct 27, 2010
honeric01:

you mean you want to claim them as yours or you want to convert them into the new hausaland? undecided

That is a reality my man, i know this to be a fact, i know the mentality because i have parents on both sides of the border.
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by favouredjb(f): 6:10pm On Oct 27, 2010
I ll miss our maiguards and the me tea/shai also, but its gonna be a tough battle,fulani dnt suffer fools sorry hausa gladly
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by mounace120: 6:12pm On Oct 27, 2010
Hello,
my name is Mounace i was looking for a real and everlasting relationship and i came across your profle in this site and it attracted me to write to you.I will like you to write to me with my private email address (mounace44@yahoo.com) for more introduction and also to see my picture.
I will be waiting to receive your mail soonest,remember color,race,religion,etc does not matter in real love but care,love and trust matter a lot.Till then remained blessed.
Miss Mounace
mounace44@yahoo.com
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by MeAboki(m): 7:22pm On Oct 27, 2010
favouredjb:

I ll miss our maiguards and the me tea/shai also, but its gonna be a tough battle,fulani dnt suffer fools sorry hausa gladly

Too bad, I guess its open and brisk business for armed robbers and kidnappers - a worrisome growing pastime in the south, so I've been told cool cool

Pls, you may want to decode the (bold) highlighted part of your post into English for lesser beings like myself to understand - no offence sadkiss

honeric01:

As for him saying i do not know how GDP works, I'd like him to post the GDP of various states in the NORTH, that should help us solve this issue once and for all, just help us with the list of various states in the northern Nigeria and their GDP.

There is no issue to resolve. You asked a straight forward question for which a straight forward answer was given; the onus is therefore now on you to prove otherwise - simple, otherwise just keep quiet. cool cool
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by honeric01(m): 8:44pm On Oct 27, 2010
Gayigaskia:

That is a reality my man, i know this to be a fact, i know the mentality because i have parents on both sides of the border.

So are they part of the northern Nigeria or how do you mean? i still don't get it, do you guys want to convert them into your new hausaland? undecided and do you think they are ready to share "hausaland" with you undecided
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by honeric01(m): 8:58pm On Oct 27, 2010
Me_Aboki:

There is no issue to resolve. You asked a straight forward question for which a straight forward answer was given; the onus is therefore now on you to prove otherwise - simple, otherwise just keep quiet. cool cool

What answers did you provide? i asked you what are the major things your northern brothers do for the economic growth of this country, you went ahead to post indexes that put Agriculture at 41%, is that your proof that the north is doing something for the country's economic growth? i never knew the North was the only part of Nigeria Agriculture is practiced, the other parts of the country must be vary barren, infact they don't farm elsewhere except the north.

I will help you by posting the GDP of all the northern states, so we all can see what actually your brothers are doing for this nation.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-65304.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-498954.224.html
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by amazonia(m): 1:52am On Oct 28, 2010
@Honerico1

what happened? i was enjoying this conversations.
suddenly silences. Alleging national agricultural GDP
to be 41%, does not implied the North produced
all the agric-products, as these northerners are
trying to insinuate. The norther farmers are
subsidized by Government. Yet their individual states
GDP are meagre. Thanks for the links. Wish you
KASAR_HAUSA good luck and prosperity in your
new kingdom.
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by hakanai(m): 10:28am On Oct 29, 2010
Typical opposite of becomrich. please start littering the thread with images and stuff.to me you are some lose nut. shocked wink
You can't talk for all and you don't just wake up and decide the fate of all.Lastly Nigeria was here before you and is by far more than you and your dellusionary hausa land.I am a proud Nigerian of Northeast and will not like to be called hausa.grow up and ask for manners in dealing with others.My fathers before now have fought you to your domain and today we can keep our territory without you undecided.so why label a nation hausaland.tribalistic man. angry Arewa or north is excusable but not hausaland.Not even Niger is called hausaland. shocked
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by Hadone(m): 11:35am On Oct 29, 2010
amazonia:

@Honerico1

what happened? i was enjoying this conversations.
suddenly silences. Alleging national agricultural GDP
to be 41%, does not implied the North produced
[size=18pt]all[/size] the agric-products,
as these northerners are
trying to insinuate. The norther farmers are
subsidized by Government. Yet their individual states
GDP are meagre. Thanks for the links. Wish you
KASAR_HAUSA good luck and prosperity in your
new kingdom.
[size=18pt]Are you surprised? This Honerico1 or whatever he use to call him self is just here to prove the type of headache his teachers suffer from his hands. It can take for a teacher, a lesson of between 30-45mins to teach primary 1 pupils  and make them understand the differences between mostly and only, or all and majority. But here it took almost a week teaching him using plain and easiest words, but to no avail. I've been teaching for over the years, having experiance in both primary and secondary schools. But wallahi i have never encountered or come across any student as dull as Honerico1. This is not an abuse, but a fact. I'll be so impressed to know if he ever passed any type of examination. He always fail to perceive questions. Since he cant understand a question, how would you espect a positive answer to be given? No way.[/size] 
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by Beaf: 12:33pm On Oct 29, 2010
Anybody thinking yams and onions contribute anything to Nigeria's GDP better get their little heads examined. Apart from Kano and Kaduna, Northern states and their "agriculture" (mainly core Northern) populate the bottom half of the GDP scales.

Agriculture accounting for 41% of GDP? Tell that to the cows. Rubbish! angry

GDP (PPP$)
1 Lagos State 33,679,258,023
2 Rivers State 21,073,410,422
3 Delta State 16,749,250,544

4 Oyo State 16,121,670,484
5 Imo State 14,212,637,486
6 Kano State 12,393,103,864
7 Edo State 11,888,446,884
8 Akwa Ibom State 11,179,887,963
9 Ogun State 10,470,415,017
10 Kaduna State 10,334,763,785
11 Cross River State 9,292,059,207
12 Abia State 8,687,442,705
13 Ondo State 8,414,302,623
14 Osun State 7,280,597,521
15 Benue State 6,864,209,262
16 Anambra State 6,764,219,562
17 Katsina State 6,022,655,197
18 Niger State 6,002,007,080
19 Borno State 5,175,165,142
20 Plateau State 5,154,059,937
21 Sokoto State 4,818,615,261
22 Bauchi State 4,713,858,180
23 Kogi State 4,642,794,262
24 Adamawa State 4,582,045,246
25 Enugu State 4,396,590,769
26 Bayelsa State 4,337,065,923
27 Zamfara State 4,123,829,498
28 Kwara State 3,841,827,534
29 Taraba State 3,397,790,217
30 Kebbi State 3,290,847,166
31 Nassarawa State 3,022,828,885
32 Jigawa State 2,988,014,405
33 Ekiti State 2,848,372,512
34 Ebonyi State 2,732,472,739
35 Gombe State 2,500,467,306
36 Yobe State 2,011,499,081
- Federal Capital Territory 5,010,968,012
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by Godmann(m): 2:10pm On Oct 29, 2010
Silly Nigerians.

Learn from United Kingdom. They have the Scots, the English and the Welsh who have fought several deadly wars in the past; yet they have a perfect union that works for all of them. Why do Tribalism always stop us from coming to together tot confront our common problem?

Igbo, Huasa, Yoruba etc, our problems are of the same making: bad leadership.
Let us join hand and remove them so that we can all have a better country. IBB did not do any favour to the Huasas by the way he destroyed Nigeria. Obasanjo did no favour tot the Yorubas when he wasted our eight years. The bad politicians in the East, North, West, or South-South is working for none of us.

Also remember the strength of a modern nation derives from their economy; and in the present world that we are in, the market size of any economy is a serious bargain tool. Why do we have the European Union if not for a bigger European market? We need every other part of Nigeria to build a great Nigerian State. If possible, we need the whole of Africa to come together so that we can restore the pride of the black man.

A tiny Arewa, Biafra or Oduduwa republic with a small market size of less than 50 million will never make any impact in the world. We need world power that can rise to save the Black man. Only Nigeria have the size to do this if we can get our acts together as a nation.

Or do we rather prefer that Africa remain the way we are presently: a land to be used and dumped by every other nation on earth?

Please guys wake up. It is for our common good.
Re: The Most Serious Issue to Face in 2012 - Referendum or Reform Conference by honeric01(m): 6:59pm On Oct 29, 2010
Had_one:

[size=18pt]Are you surprised? This Honerico1 or whatever he use to call him self is just here to prove the type of headache his teachers suffer from his hands. It can take for a teacher, a lesson of between 30-45mins to teach primary 1 pupils  and make them understand the differences between mostly and only, or all and majority. But here it took almost a week teaching him using plain and easiest words, but to no avail. I've been teaching for over the years, having experiance in both primary and secondary schools. But wallahi i have never encountered or come across any student as dull as Honerico1. This is not an abuse, but a fact. I'll be so impressed to know if he ever passed any type of examination. He always fail to perceive questions. Since he cant understand a question, how would you espect a positive answer to be given? No way.[/size] 

you cant even read between the lines ehehehehehe, the person you are quoting is actually debunking your rants hehehehehe, do you need a comprehension lecture? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking news: Owa Ibokun Of Ijesha, Oba Aromolaran Is Dead( pic) / Pastor Adeboye Trolls Gov. Bello Of Kogi State - See How / Araraume May Bag APGA BOT Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.