Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,660 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Business Areas That Need Investment In Nigeria - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business Areas That Need Investment In Nigeria (39086 Views)

NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu / 3 Areas Where Money Is Hidden / Private Sector Investment In Cement Industry Hits $7bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Business Areas That Need Investment In Nigeria by ndimension(m): 7:32pm On Sep 13, 2008
health sector needs serious investments. also consider investing in online business
Re: Business Areas That Need Investment In Nigeria by Anuliph(f): 9:20pm On Sep 13, 2008
Information and enlightenment. especially for we the youth who are mostly clueless.
Human resource devt must start with the young people. The agents of change. We must take the future into our hands, how? by opening our minds to learning not just what is taught in the schools, discovering who we are, seeking mentors, using our brains, thinking of creating opportunities for ourselves. Dont wait on the Government or on the banks.
Its a good thing entrepreneurship is getting more popular. Nigeria needs to grow capitalists.
Re: Business Areas That Need Investment In Nigeria by slyk2(m): 11:02am On Sep 18, 2008
Lets start with empowering the rural communities and some skilled labourers.
By this i mean REAL micro financing which is not in form of what we are seeing today in Nigeria.

Emphasis on development must be grass root targeted.
By this i mean some individuals or institutions who knew their onions to look at the rural area for investment.
These rural men are in dire need of ACTION at any price once the services could be available.

Lets get educated rightly.
Our todays education are not technically enriched to give us what we desire.
Its time to look for how to do it and why you must do it this way style of tutorials to beef up the lapses in our so called certificates.

We must be ready to learn and be taught.
Rome was not built in a day, experience is a matter of long practice, no i want it quick individual has ever succeded.
If you dont know something deep enough, you cant make money or satisfaction out of it. Knowledge breeds mony and not the vice versa.
Re: Business Areas That Need Investment In Nigeria by TexMan4u(m): 12:59pm On Oct 17, 2008
Hello All,

I'm a member of an investment club here in the States, and we are looking for some investment in Nigeria. It will be appreciated, if details of some Business idea is Chanel to teximpexinc@yahoo.com,blacksongroup@yahoo.com ASAP to establish a base. Please, ideas from Business minded people ready to do some work.

You can hit up at 1-214-884-5420 anytime.

Tks.
Re: Business Areas That Need Investment In Nigeria by Oludave7(m): 8:49pm On Nov 03, 2008
Very simple, empower the SMEs by funding them adequately and insure their risk,then sky would not be able to limit Nigeria,because SMEs cut accross all the strata of our national needs. End of discussion.
Re: Business Areas That Need Investment In Nigeria by asifu: 9:50am On Nov 05, 2008
Great nairalanders, I always appreciate your contributions when it comes to "WHICH WAY FORWARD". Hmmm, but do we think any appreciable progress can be made without good roads put in place? Okay, let me give every one an assignment or should I call it contract. You will be paid N100.000 to transport a trailer load of soft drink from the toll gate end of Sango Ota to Sona breweries within 30 minutes. Mind you the distance is not more than one kilometer. Please visit Sango ota where our former president resides.
Re: Business Areas That Need Investment In Nigeria by DisGuy: 12:10pm On Nov 08, 2008
Oludave7:

Very simple, empower the SMEs by funding them adequately and insure their risk,then sky would not be able to limit Nigeria,because SMEs cut accross all the strata of our national needs. End of discussion.

it's not the responsibility of the govt to fund SME, they are private businesses hence should use private funds
when you are starting a business you have your business plan indicating how you will raise money to do biz
Re: Business Areas That Need Investment In Nigeria by Gayigaskia(m): 1:43am On Nov 11, 2008
One factor to make Nigeria progress is with respect to the Nigerian mentality. it is easy to notice that in Nigeria people are so greedy and selfish so that people often do anything beyond belief to get money. The issue of personal responsability is not something you can invest money into, considering one of the reasons why there are many cuts of electricity in Nigeria is the fact that a large portion of the population steals it. I was unbelievably amazed when i was studying in Kadpoly in the 1990's, at times some students from the south don't use the toilet to do their business they choose to do it on the floor claiming they don't give a dime since it is a northern institution. Many Nigerians don't know that Niger republic buys Power from Nigeria but the little power they buy is actually managed so that there is no power cuts in Niger, they could have been stealing it but they are not. You know Nigeria will only get develop if everybody work hard to achieve whatever goals he or she got. that is how all those countries around the world are getting developed there is no any other way.
Re: Business Areas That Need Investment In Nigeria by samuelwill(m): 3:59pm On Nov 11, 2008
i like naira land
Re: Business Areas That Need Investment In Nigeria by infosolo: 5:52pm On Nov 17, 2008
we share the same opinion. i believe Nigeria has the potential of becoming great & no one can stop her.
Re: Business Areas That Need Investment In Nigeria by naijacutee(f): 2:38pm On Nov 25, 2008
Opportunities created by lack of infrastructure :-

- Starting up a private water delivering company. One could target one of the new, developing areas in Lagos or other states and start up a big bore hole/water distribution network, targeted at landlords of some of the new houses springing up in new residential areas/areas where people are "rushing" to buy land. This plant could supply residential homes with clean, affordable water at a fraction of the cost, and thus save the landlord the N150,000 they would have otherwise spent on sinking a borehole. This venture could make the landlords homes more appealing, as water production is no longer dependent on the power supply in the area. The water could be charged for periodically - Perhaps starting with a fixed fee monthly, depending on the size of the house/household.

- Start up a branded food production company/farm, which takes the quality of food into consideration, as well as the appearance. Take this brand out into the market to compete with other open-air food e.g if one can get stockists to sell "CleanFood" packaged, pre-weighed fresh meat as opposed to flies-studded meat from the "eleran".

- Transportation. Partner with local farmers in the North/wherever else farms are located to transport their food products to the big cities within a specified timescale.

- There are so many business opportunities born out of the traffic situation in an industralized city like Lagos. People spend a considerable amount of time traffic in order to get to work. One can get a good computer programmer and set up a home-working empowerment package whereby employees work some shifts in-office and some shifts from home. This package could comprise of :-
[list]
[li]Software to monitor employees work hours i.e by signing in/signing out online, Working rota personalised for each employee, Task schedulers etc, Monitoring software etc - If employees sign in late without a justifiable cause (e.g server was down), then some money could be deducted from their salaries[/li]
[li]Reliable internet connection provided by partnership with a reliable ISP[/li]
[li]Monitoring devices :- Voip connection between the HQ and employees, webcam etc[/li]
[li]Coaching services/maintenance/on-site support with each package[/li]
[/list]
There is so much potential/talent required with this idea, and if implemented properly, has the potential to grow to staggering proportions.

Re: Business Areas That Need Investment In Nigeria by tpia: 7:26pm On Nov 28, 2008
Re: Business Areas That Need Investment In Nigeria by solowealth(m): 7:45pm On Nov 30, 2008
W e should also look keenly into the area of agriculture and give special to attention to mechanization.
Re: Business Areas That Need Investment In Nigeria by oluomolu: 1:03am On Dec 11, 2008
Thank God for the likes of Sunny Ojeagbase, Ayo Arowolo, Ola-Emmanuel, Lanre Oyetade, etc. who were actually keen about the effort of enlighten Nigerians on Personal Finance. That is the kind of investment Nigerians needs immediately, apart from individual attitudinal change.

You can also view one of my contribution to the forum here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-205014.0.html

Thanks.

Olu Oludimu

System Administrator ; Emmanuel Communications Limited

Admin; http://www.oakservers.net | http://www.oakmediang.com

E-mail : olu@oakmediang.com | Tel: 08051614052
Re: Business Areas That Need Investment In Nigeria by bonfMedia(m): 9:38pm On Dec 17, 2008
hi everybody,
so far so good all post are good suggesting what to do , Area to invest in nigeria to make things work for us i believe Nigerian are talented to make things happen but most Nigerian are incapacitated, poverty is wide spread accross the nation i think first thing to invest in is programme that can improve financial ability of lower class in Nigeria.
1) cultivation of palm oil
2)fishery
3)General farming
4)Promotion of ability and skill
Let invest strongly on the exportation of these area. This encourage everybody to find way in this area if Nigerian are empower financially a time will come that PHN I Mean power holding will not be relivant because people will be able to provide power by themself via solar power for Now
Thanks
C.E.O
www.bonfresources.page.tl
Re: Business Areas That Need Investment In Nigeria by Cayon(f): 3:09pm On Dec 21, 2008
with everything that is happening in Nigeria Question:- Is Nigeria open for business as of now

Peace
Re: Business Areas That Need Investment In Nigeria by luwadmusic(f): 6:53pm On Dec 22, 2008
Please join this group ,
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=40672968599&ref=nf

which I created on Facebook. We can surely build a united community for ourselves and eventually become indispensable to the community at large.

Tanx, Dammy
Re: Business Areas That Need Investment In Nigeria by Goup: 11:31am On Dec 24, 2008
Huh,
Re: Business Areas That Need Investment In Nigeria by Bizpal(m): 3:22pm On Jan 01, 2009
Every economy is driven by the strength of the youths and i will encourage every youth in this blessed country to be an entrepreneur. Please strive to be an employer of labour,that way we'll not only be consumers bt producers.
Re: Business Areas That Need Investment In Nigeria by Cayon(f): 7:05pm On Jan 03, 2009
check this one and others below
Re: Business Areas That Need Investment In Nigeria by tksays(m): 12:46pm On Jan 13, 2009
Nigeria certainly needs investment in almost every sector, but if nigeria really want to be among the develop world one day , the one most important area we need massive investment is our anti-corruption campagn.
Re: Business Areas That Need Investment In Nigeria by Buzo1984(m): 1:56am On Jan 15, 2009
I had the pleasure to see Nigeria, let's say I have only seen the heart which is Abuja and the Trade Centre which is Lagos, and I was really impressed.

There is no problem with Nigeria, but there are many challenges.

* First what you need is EDUCATION - at least free elementary education and ethics, vocational trainings and finally teritary education ( it can not be financed all from public money, therefore a loan scheme could be implemented)

* You need employment - as I have heared, one person working sustains 13 other persons, how is that possible.

* Reduce corruption - its a really bad topic, and i got to know it while being in Abuja. Corruption makes your processes in the governmental institutions inefficient, and in the effect price of goods and services that could be provided increases.

=> Investment in EDUCATION
Only literate population can defend itself from the injustice

=> Even distribution of wealth - I don't mean take from the rich and give it to the poor, this will not succeed well. It already happened in Peru (South America) and it did not helped anybody. I think that Peru is even better developed than Nigeria, therefore TAKE THE LESSONS not from the INDUSTRIAL NATIONS but from EMERGING COUNTRIES.
Phase after Phase have to be gone through and not that you'll land in phase ultimate and still not know what to do next.

=\
=/ I am interested in doing business in NIGERIA, which means providing your citizens with best quality products for an affordable price.
Re: Business Areas That Need Investment In Nigeria by meetyommy: 12:50pm On Jan 20, 2009
Hi,
I wish i had seen this long before now, i am glad Nigerians have woken up from slumber and are beginning to stand their ground despite the odds,
The next thing is to begin to act, the generation next is depending on us to build future leaders of tommorrow now!
i believe Nigeria is the best place on earth to live in, My wife once told me the best way to get confused in life is to leave once business and help another develop his, that is what we have done in the search for greener pasture all this years, am Glad theres begining to be a re awakening.we just havent discovered it!The only way we can realise our dream has a nation and go from developing to developed is enveloped in a statement made by the present Governor of Lagos State this past sunday,
He remarked, that for there to be a change in the economy, Nigerians especially our graduates should graduate with the intention of creating job opportunities rather than come out with the intention of coming to work in companies/industries, that have existed for years and are owned by white investors,
Its time we realise a Black man not only as the world's President but blacks dominating every sector in Africa and beyond!
This is quite tasking but the reward is quite enormous.
Re: Business Areas That Need Investment In Nigeria by wendyc: 9:30pm On Feb 02, 2009
very interesting forum i must say. it's really nice hearing from all around the world on how different people can deposit and contribute to a nation they love. Most Forums if u ask me are usually conducted by younger crowds, (most times) here in Nairaland. it will really be a great thing to see older generations come into this section and see their reflections of how dey have grown with the country.

Nigeria, very lovely country with different types to people. the one thing that we have to understand is for a change to happen to that nation(obviously we all pray for the country which is number one), the attitude and mentality of the people will have to change. once there is a change in that head, it will act accordingly and everything will start to fall in place.

Education- why do we have schools that the teachers don't get paid regularly or underpaid? as with most countries even here in the States, teachers are underpaid BUT there are so many areas where they are compensated, like benefits, also the desire to becoming a teacher has to be there, not just because it's a job you found. Investing in Education at all levels should be a priority for the States, affordable schooling, school loans, grants, scholaships this are things that can help in all levels. U see university school girls going into prostitution just to pay school fees, or dating all dis old men who promise to pay their way thru school, personal choice for some YES, but d rest that have no choice are just hoping to get a break.
Investing in developmental schools, like music schools, art schools, catering schools and so on. it's not necessarily a college or uni, or secondary school, some people are very skillful and will do hand works better than going to read and do assignments and all, not that they are dump, it's just not them or thier calling.

Light- the issues of power there is very pityful, but there is always ways where we can make a difference. The United States itself right now has issues with gas & electric becoming too expensive and working on ways to go solar, wind and other alternatives. We have a lot of students in d school for such, why can't the govt, start to invest in this young ones, invest in research of ways if they so believe that oil is just not going to bring in more money if they power d whole place up. Businesses need this and i think that if the FG taxes EVERYONE according to their tax bracket (and there is no way of forging this) businesses can rely and operate well.

Infrastructure

Why pay one person for a job that 10 people can do? division of labor will even make things go well and fast. the State and FG should award this contracts to companies that are dependable and they should also know and inspect every area from the people dat the company hires to how they plan to pay them. In the States, when it comes to awarding contracts to companies, there are specific rules u as a company have to follow, even though you are your own private company. by the Govt, over looking all this areas, work can go smoothly and actually be done, and not the FG or State giving the contract to a family member and thats d end of what we hear. there should be acountability at all levels.

Helping the poor is very easy, only if the Govt is willing. limit the contracts you award to certain companies, give other minority the chance of doing the work, like having women or new comers do a certian job- AT a minimal payment. no one will want to miss ths opportunity, and if they mess up, they know they can't do this again.

So many things to write hopefully i'll get the chance to actually sit and talk to someone about all this and be able to be heard.

mostly, there has to be a form of strict identification. LONDON HAS NUMBERS THAT MATCHES THE PERSON, U.S HAS SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER THAT REPRESENTS YOU.
Nigeria should have a number that is strictly for that person, not a driver's license number or so but like a number that each and everyone can be accounted for, where only one can be givven to each individual and ANYONE HANDLING THIS TYPE OF WORK WILL HAVE TO GO THROUGH SECURITY CLEARANCE OF SOME SORT. to open a bank account, you'll need it, to work, you'll need it, to apply for a loan, you'll need it, to do anything and everything you'll need, and once d person dies, it's in the State file, and red flags should be everywhere that the person is dead.

All this areas will definately make for some opportunity for employment of some sort.

like i said so much to say,, but will leave it here for now
Re: Business Areas That Need Investment In Nigeria by vanderjo(m): 12:15pm On Feb 03, 2009
WE need to get to the grassroot and encourage the youths,there are many of thme with great iniative that needs funds to and this will greatly improve us as a country.
Re: Business Areas That Need Investment In Nigeria by vanderjo(m): 12:51pm On Feb 03, 2009
we need to develop our youths and enlighten them,they are so engrossed in fantasies that you can practical count few that are focus and those that are focused should be encourged by providing funds for thier ideas to grow and make a living on thier own not relying on jobs,so that they can be able to create jobs,people talk about revolution,is it the girls that show breasts as fashion that hardly read thier books or those that wear big chain and plait thier hair and wants to be like 5ocent and do not want to work for it?so we need to invest on the youth and i bet you things will change.
Re: Business Areas That Need Investment In Nigeria by wendyc: 9:56pm On Feb 03, 2009
investing in the youths, Good idea,
America and other developed country if you all notice spend a lot of money on research! when we have youths and adults or really not minding the age, come together full of intelligence, i tell u, a lot will be learnt. teaching each other is the key.

There is also the area of spots that there should be focus on. Most of the time we only hear when Naija is playing soccer alone, what happened to swimming, and many other spots, that we have talented people for. not just running and all, all of this country spend money on their own citizens to take them to the place they are during sport events, and when they represent the country it's a good thing and image, and in turn an avenue for the family and those involved. Not everyone is a banker, or sales person or so, look at sports, music, and spend on the talented ones to go higher. just another area
Re: Business Areas That Need Investment In Nigeria by Buzo1984(m): 5:30pm On Mar 27, 2009
why they block my posts
Re: Business Areas That Need Investment In Nigeria by Horus(m): 9:51am On Apr 01, 2009
[flash=450,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLtaW7-mcak&feature=related[/flash]

Africa Open for Business-Nigeria
Re: Business Areas That Need Investment In Nigeria by promise72(m): 12:39pm On May 24, 2009
Good Video! Talented lady!
Re: Business Areas That Need Investment In Nigeria by sholacom(m): 10:10am On May 27, 2009
Hey guys, have u heard about the ideas Nigeria Campaign? I think y'all got to check this out to understand what i'm talking about here. I think this is da bomb!

This Initiative which is barely six months old is designed to tap into the enormous field of ideas in Nigeria challenging and inspiring young budding Nigerian entrepreneurs to act on their talent, ideas and energy to produce tomorrow's leading businesses.

The Ideas Nigeria campaign developed and managed by BigPlus Limited intends to provide funds to outstanding individuals and teams of Nigerian entrepreneurs who submit business plans for new ventures or already growing businesses showing significant business potential.

The INC is not just about providing capital, our unique ideas to enterprise model ensures that In making investments, we look to partner with entrepreneurs who have the vision and the energy to build profitable businesses. Our business management team work hand-in-hand with these entrepreneurs, providing financial, technical and managerial support to ensure their long-term success.

click on the links below to read up more

http://www.ideasnigeria.com

http://www.bigplus-group.com
Re: Business Areas That Need Investment In Nigeria by sholacom(m): 10:13am On May 27, 2009
Hey guys, have u heard about the ideas Nigeria Campaign? I think y'all got to check this out to understand what i'm talking about here. I think this is da bomb!

This Initiative which is barely six months old is designed to tap into the enormous field of ideas in Nigeria challenging and inspiring young budding Nigerian entrepreneurs to act on their talent, ideas and energy to produce tomorrow's leading businesses.

The Ideas Nigeria campaign developed and managed by BigPlus Limited intends to provide funds to outstanding individuals and teams of Nigerian entrepreneurs who submit business plans for new ventures or already growing businesses showing significant business potential.

The INC is not just about providing capital, our unique ideas to enterprise model ensures that In making investments, we look to partner with entrepreneurs who have the vision and the energy to build profitable businesses. Our business management team work hand-in-hand with these entrepreneurs, providing financial, technical and managerial support to ensure their long-term success.

click on the links below to read up more

http://www.ideasnigeria.com

http://www.bigplus-group.com

You can call Edward on 08066363000 or joke on 08034274465.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Which Business Can One Start With ₦200K In 2022? / Lagosians Complain Bitterly About Lake Rice Trouble / Is It Possible For Her To Lay Claim On My Shop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.