Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,359 members, 7,836,463 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? (3336 Views)

Exodus 20: Honor–summarizing The 10 Commandments / Why Did The Catholic Church Decide That Priests Should Be Celibate? / Stories Behind Great Hymns.... .pass Me Not, O Gentle Savior (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by Daejoyoung: 6:21pm On Apr 01, 2020
donnie:

So I should commit adultry to be seen as not keeping the letter of the law? O please...

So to understand, keep or walk by the spirit of the law is to break simple Commandments?

What you probably are unaware of is that I know this message you're trying to preach in and out.

Does keeping the royal law mean we can break the Shabbat, steal, kill, bow to idols etc?
While the written words on a book are important to remind us of God's laws, Yah's purpose was to write these things in our hearts.
You don't need ancient laws to tell you not to commit adultery( many ancient civilisations frowned on adultery not just ancient lsreal). This is because the golden rule taught by almost every culture and by jesus( and even the jewish rabbi Hiliel who lived before him) gives us the formula. From this formula, we create laws such as Thou shall not commit adultery. All that we ever needed have been taught by jesus.

Do unto others what you want them to do unto you.

Do not do unto others what you do not want them to do unto you( taught by Hiliel and in almost every culture)

These are the moral laws, and these are the things God require from us, in addition to using our talents and making them multiply. That is why jesus gave the parable of the talents.

This is how you serve God in spirit and in truth. You don't need religion for all these.

Life is simple, why make it complicated?

1 Like

Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by donnie(m): 6:24pm On Apr 01, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
C'mon now, big man like you being simplistic about all this. Why nah? Why would you be thinking of adultery to prove anything, hmm? If you abide and follow the two laws that all the laws and prophets are based on, adultery won't enter any picture nah. We started with the barest minimum of laws and was entrusted to keep it. We had 4000 years struggling with, to keep all the laws and the prophets. We have been shown a better way, an improved way, stronger and more powerful way. We even have been made to understand that the Sabbath is made for man, not man for the Sabbath. My red inverted commas questions, you still ignore and leave unattended to or addressed. Smh.

Don't be unnecessarily and justifiably suspicious. I am not trying to preach any in and out kankan. Everything is plain in sight.

Shabbat was made for man means it is beneficial and helpful to man... Not a punishment. It doesn't mean you are above the laws of YAH or you shouldn't keep them.

This is not religion... these are the YAH-given laws and customs for the nation of Israel.
Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by MuttleyLaff: 6:27pm On Apr 01, 2020
donnie:
I have my answer, he neither broke nor encouraged breaking the Shabbat. Thanks.

The rest is irrelevant since we do not currently have a levetical priesthood or temple. MESSIAH will restore all that when he comes back.

Besides we don't do animal burnt offerings or sacrifices since Messiah was offered, talkless of human sacrifice. Messiah will execute such capital punishment himself at his second coming. Stop being mischievous. Obey the Commandments and be happy okay?
I almost blurted out the green tea I was sipping whilst reading your comment and lol.

Please tell me, as I am intrigued. What exactly did you mean by
1/ "... MESSIAH will restore all that when He comes back...."?
2/ What exactly is He going to restore back?
3/ Are you referring to the restoration of the actual Levitical priesthood setup?
Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by MuttleyLaff: 6:39pm On Apr 01, 2020
donnie:
Shabbat was made for man means it is beneficial and helpful to man... Not a punishment. It doesn't mean you are above the laws of YAH or you shouldn't keep them.

This is not religion... these are the YAH-given laws and customs for the nation of Israel
You are in fact, sharing exactly the same sentiments I made in my first post on this thread and repeated further down it, that Sabbath is not a punishment. It is something, God leading by an example did to rest on the seventh day of successfully accomplishing all His aims. Go revisit all what I typed. Nobody is knocking keeping Sabbath, lol. Tbh, I have no qualms you keeping the 7th day Saturday as Sabbath. More grease to your elbow. Just know you are more special than me doing that and vice versa me not copying you, lol.

donnie, please stop behaving like Nicodemus, please. It's somewhat grating. Also stop dropping buzz words, when aware of the true meaning of the word. For example, what is religion, if not custom and showing compassion, lol, smh. Look up James 1:27, for what is religion, that is true, pure and the sort God finds no fault therein.

Did you get to read my first post on this thread about "bed time & lights out" and what happened after I came of age, hmm?

The lesson of Sabbath has been taught. We have be disciplined with knowing the benefit of Sabbath. Now matured and full developed, yet still growing, we are empowered to use Sabbath as best deemed fit. Keep whatever day as rest and that works for you. As simple as that. No dignity, lol
Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by donnie(m): 6:51pm On Apr 01, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
I almost blurted out the green tea I was sipping whilst reading your comment and lol.

Please tell me, as I am intrigued. What exactly did you mean by
1/ "... MESSIAH will restore all that when He comes back...."?
2/ What exactly is He going to restore back?
3/ Are you referring to the restoration of the actual Levitical priesthood setup?

Read Ezekiel Chapter 40-48
YES,
He will set up his kingdom on earth.
He will set up His Millennium temple here on earth and restore temple worship, animal sacrifices and of course, the Levitical priesthood.
(Chapter 43).

We will be divided into our various tribes.

Where did you think they will perform the feasts I told you about?

Who did you think will serve in the temple? Your pastors? grin grin grin
Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by MuttleyLaff: 8:08pm On Apr 01, 2020
donnie:
Read Ezekiel Chapter 40-48
YES,
He will set up his kingdom on earth.
He will set up His Millennium temple here on earth and restore temple worship, animal sacrifices and of course, the Levitical priesthood.
(Chapter 43).
donnie what are you doing about Hebrews 9:28, Hebrews 10:10 etcetera, hmm? Why is it neccessary again to be doing again animal sacrifices, erhn? Have you thought about those at all, hmm?

donnie:
We will be divided into our various tribes.
Where did you think they will perform the feasts I told you about?
donnie, have you at all, ever heard a prophet prophesize and actually experience it right from the point of the act of prophesying right up to its fulfilling, hmm?

Have you noticed that, sometimes the prophecy, is sketchy, certain details are left out, there are gaps in the prophecy detailing. In some cases, the interpretation is even polysemous. What point am I driving at here? This prophet Ezekiel prophecy that you are holding on to, as if your life dearly depends on it, lol, virtually was all fulfilled by the returning back exiles, in the time of Ezra, Nehemiah and Zerubbabel now

donnie:
Who did you think will serve in the temple? Your pastors? grin grin grin
Bulleyes! Brilliant question!! Only that you spoilt a star and shinning moment, by getting haunted by the legacy and baggage inherited from your CE bad indoctrination days of "Your pastors or my pastors" lol. I'll revisit this at second paragraph next below, lol.

Anyway, we are now the temple, as it was in the very beginning, remember, we are doing full circle back to how things originally were in Eden. Yah, dwells in us now. Yah is tabernacled in us. We are the royal priesthood, God's own people. Each one of us is king in his own right. We serve in the temple. Of course, you know that this was God original plan for every Israelite before they grew impatient, moulded the golden calf before Moses got down from going up Mount Sinai. The Levites who were on the side of the Lord, got rewarded from then on to serve assist the high priest Aaron and his sons in the temple activities and whatnot

donnie, fyi, and just so you know, should in case you plan to use the subtle savage stab "Your pastors" on your next victim, please realise that, my Pastor, my Shepherd, is Yahshua Ha Mashiach. There is one and only one Pastor donnie.

Watch this donnie, in our household, we all cook, but that doesnt make us, go out and be calling or addressing ourselves to be cooks and/or chefs. Of course we happen to be in the kitchen and do cook, but in no means are we cooks and/or chefs. No one is anybody's cook anywhere, except Yahshua Ha Mashiach. We just help out in the kitchen and cook, lol. Oh another thing, please quit stooping low, with petty personalising like that "Your pastors" up there. Its so cringeworthing to see you do that. Eurgh.
Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by sonmvayina(m): 11:00am On Apr 02, 2020
Daejoyoung:

Why go through a complex process of a talmud to explain God's word? Why make everything more complex, isn't it better to just cherry pick and save ourselves the headache? Muslims did thesame with quran( which is also supposedly God's word) they have so many scholars and schools of thought on thesame quran, it just makes religion more and more complex.

Hahaha, it does not and it does... The Torah is the law, but they have the judges and courts to explain them,.. And apply them.. The law says stone those caught in the act of adultery, but was anybody ever stoned?.. Everybody has a future,.. So allowances has to be made for change.. Just like Ezekiel says in chapter 18 of his prophesy.
Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by sonmvayina(m): 11:01am On Apr 02, 2020
Daejoyoung:

Come on my man, you know as well as l do that we don't need those ancient laws. Perhaps they were suitable for their time, but all we need are general principles illustrated by the likes of Jesus, Buddha, Socrates, St Francis of Assissi, Marcus Aurielus( meditations), African wise men ( our proverbs), and many sages.
When we live by such general principles, then we can make laws for our own society in our own context based on those wise principles from our sages.

It is the same thing.. They just used a language that their audiences can understand.. But the writers of the Torah wove a story round it...
Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by sonmvayina(m): 11:04am On Apr 02, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Well said. I wish you stay consistent and don't anymore display contradictions, which I hope you won't soon, begin to do on this thread, lol

I have always been consistent in my comments, you just lack the ability to comprehend.. And most times you really don't want to know, you just want to play deaf and dumb.. And hold on to illusions..
Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by MuttleyLaff: 11:34am On Apr 02, 2020
sonmvayina:
I have always been consistent in my comments, you just lack the ability to comprehend.. And most times you really don't want to know, you just want to play deaf and dumb.. And hold on to illusions..
We will see. We will soon find out how not consistent you can be because it is a matter of time, its going to be sooner than later that you will contradict yourself with talks of Marduk, Enki etcetera et al, lol. I'll be here, to nudge you and remind you, lol.
Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by sonmvayina(m): 12:29pm On Apr 02, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
We will see. We will soon find out how not consistent you can be because it is a matter of time, its going to be sooner than later that you will contradict yourself with talks of Marduk, Enki etcetera et al, lol. I'll be here, to nudge you and remind you, lol.

I have been saying the same thing. God is the same everywhere, it is the names that are different. The Babylonian might decide to use Enki and the Yoruba use obatala. End of the day.. They represent the creative aspect of God...
The Babylonian might call him Marduk, the igbos chukwu, the Yorubas Eledumare. They all represent the totality of the consciousness of the Universe. Or the creator.. I have never deviated from these principles. Or have I?
Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by MuttleyLaff: 12:43pm On Apr 02, 2020
sonmvayina:
I have been saying the same thing. God is the same everywhere, it is the names that are different. The Babylonian might decide to use Enki and the Yoruba use Obatala. End of the day.. They represent the creative aspect of God...
The Babylonian might call him Marduk, the igbos chukwu, the Yorubas Eledumare. They all represent the totality of the consciousness of the Universe. Or the creator.. I have never deviated from these principles. Or have I?
Does the bible or not criticise Marduk, huh?

Have I not before explained to you that Chukwu, is originated from two words, namely "chi" and it means god and another word "ukwu" which means, of course as you'll know, lol, it means big or huge hence upon joined we have "chukwu"

Eledumare and Chukwu, in the real sense of it aren't Yahweh, the God in the Bible

See, you are already contradicting yourself with up there mentioning and dropping in Obatala
OK, who please, is Obatala then, sonmvayina?
Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by sonmvayina(m): 4:42pm On Apr 02, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Does the bible or not criticise Marduk, huh?

Have I not before explained to you that Chukwu, is originated from two words, namely "chi" and it means god and another word "ukwu" which means, of course as you'll know, lol, it means big or huge hence upon joined we have "chukwu"

Eledumare and Chukwu, in the real sense of it aren't Yahweh, the God in the Bible

See, you are already contradicting yourself with up there mentioning and dropping in Obatala
OK, who please, is Obatala then, sonmvayina?

You are not learning anything at all... The Lord of the old testament is Marduk, he is also Eledumare, Ra, vishnu, Osanobua, etc.. They are different names of the same thing.. The totality of the consciousness of the Universe...

The stories might be different, it has to be.. But the messages and truth are consistent and the same..

You have been in one place like a barbers chair, maintaining same radius..
Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by MuttleyLaff: 5:15pm On Apr 02, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
... If you really did read it, you would have read him showing reverence and adoration for Marduk
Please do a quick google double check to find out what worshipper means,
after that, then go and properly read the Cyrus Cylinder, particularly lines 12, 14-17, 20, 23, 26, 34-35 and 44 to see how Cyrus reverenced & worshipped Marduk

You just have to do a tangential here, isnt it?
OK, yes, I actually believe that Marduk exists
''So tan? Bo si ngbangban ko wa se ife inu e''

Partly and also went by Cyrus' admission in the Cyrus Cylinder, where he said Marduk gave him the mandate etcetera
(i.e. Cyrus Cylinder lines 12, 14-17)

Because there is no nation which so readily adopts foreign customs as the persians
But why ask me anyway?
Ask Cyrus, not me. I didnt pay homage to Marduk. He, Cyrus did

No, Yahweh is not the same as Marduk but all that is Yahweh's is attributed to Marduk

Glad and pleased you realised that happening
He wrote in the Cyrus Cylinder that he got his mandate from Marduk, when the truth and actual fact is that it was given by YHWH
People often mix YHWH up with other gods (e.g. Marduk)

Yet they worshipped many gods (e.g. the sun and moon, the earth, fire, water, and the winds

Cyrus himself said Marduk looked around and checked all the countries, seeking for the upright king of his choice.
Marduk then found and took under his hand Cyrus, king of the city of Anshan etcetera
Please dont spread your ignorance, you really need to read more on Cyrus

So?
Nothing wrong in ''borrowing'' and/or ''importting''
The irony is that Magi must be privy to some sacred truth & knowledge for them to have journeyed and come to Bethlehem to worship God

MuttleyLaff:
[img]https://s1/images/MuttAmin.gif[/img]
If you swallow big bullshit,
you go shít big bullshit, lol

""Declare and proclaim among the nations.
Lift up a banner and proclaim. Don't conceal anything.
Say, 'Babylon will be captured. Bel will be disgraced, and Marduk will be destroyed.
Her idols will be disgraced, and her filthy images will be destroyed.
'

"- Jeremiah 50:2

sonmvayina:
You are not learning anything at all...
The Lord of the old testament is Marduk, he is also Eledumare, Ra, vishnu, Osanobua, etc..
They are different names of the same thing.. The totality of the consciousness of the Universe...

The stories might be different, it has to be.. But the messages and truth are consistent and the same..

[img]https://s5/images/ezgif-2-bb81ab7ea10d.gif[/img]
What did I earlier say, hmm?

That its just as matter of sooner than later, when you'll contradict yourself, lol. Bullseyes!. Go on son, lol
I can, to a certain degree, give you Eledumare from the West, Osanobua from Midwest Bini et al, but as for Marduk, nah
Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by sonmvayina(m): 5:20pm On Apr 02, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

[img]https://s5/images/ezgif-2-bb81ab7ea10d.gif[/img]
What did I earlier say, hmm?

That its just as matter of sooner than later, when you'll contradict yourself, lol. Bullseyes!. Go on son, lol
I can, to a certain degree, give you Eledumare from the West, Osanobua from Midwest Bini et al, but as for Marduk, nah

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Marduk
Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by MuttleyLaff: 5:31pm On Apr 02, 2020
sonmvayina:
https://www.britannica.com/topic/Marduk
Let me, in two lines, help you in the drive to stop the spreading your ignorance.

Yahweh is not the same as Marduk but all that is Yahweh's is attributed to Marduk, as so why and how people often mix Yahweh or YHWH up with other gods (e.g. like dear old Marduk)
Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by donnie(m): 7:27pm On Apr 03, 2020
sonmvayina:

You are not learning anything at all... The Lord of the old testament is Marduk, he is also Eledumare, Ra, vishnu, Osanobua, etc.. They are different names of the same thing.. The totality of the consciousness of the Universe...

I agree with you. Elohiym of Israel Is Eledumare.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Would Jesus Deal With A Muslim & Mohammed Deal With A Christian? / Download Over 10,000 Ebooks On Different Topics (NairaBookshop.com) / Today Is Palm Sunday!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.