Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,713 members, 7,844,354 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady (92064 Views)

Journalist In Syria Explains Why He Still Washes Dishes After Marrying 3 Wives / American Woman Adopts Yoruba Name After Marrying Nigerian (photos) / My Life After Marrying A Philippine Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Kiezodumah(m): 2:02pm On Aug 25, 2019
This story doesn't just add up. I believe it was made up. Can't u guys read in between the lines? It didnt flow
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Lantosed: 2:02pm On Aug 25, 2019
successmatters:
Moral of the story, never lose your job.
a sensible man shouldn't marry a karchika as a wife because when the good times ends the take their leave. when you marry a God sent woman I mean iyawo alalubarika losing a job will never an issue.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Awe4luv(m): 2:04pm On Aug 25, 2019
golddeejay:

Really...so it is all the man's fault. Is she a goat that someone is forcing into marriage. She entered the marriage with her senses...to her it is all about the money. I don't know if you are guy or lady. But I hope you wouldn't be bitter if a made guy pretends to love you or someone close to you. Then treat you or that like sh!!t after the wedding...because you are just a transaction.
my brother, as much as I pity the guy I will still say it's his fault po, he should have stepped back, I was in his shoe some times last year, I asked the lady out,she told me let's just be friends to see if she will later develop feelings for me, but pestered her and she gave, guess what, guy man suffer, chai! Iya ma je mi o...learn to leave a lady once she gives U a reason why she doesn't love you....ire ooo

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by freemi(m): 2:12pm On Aug 25, 2019
BigJoe19:
Na so na, who has time for stupid stress, 'if u want to leave Biko leave' has been my anthem since high school.
thats hw i am buildin my self o. .mke woman no carry m shine
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by rubyjan(f): 2:25pm On Aug 25, 2019
[quote author=ReeLoaDead post=81580283]So how short is this your brother that her village people are complaining?[/quote

Lol, please ooo I'm eating, I don't want the food to get stuck in my throat pls.

Very funny.

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Imotman(m): 2:29pm On Aug 25, 2019
Good day everyone.

Pls I have this laptop for sale asap. Dell Vostro, 4gig 200hdd, Intel processor..less than 9months and in good condition. Price is 55k but negotiable.

Thanks.

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by engrchykae(m): 2:30pm On Aug 25, 2019
Awe4luv:

finally I found someone in thesame boat as me, lol....I saw it ....I saw it infact three days after she agreed, but I ignored, guess what, I suffer am well, but now na my new fiancee dey suffer am, I dey do but I no dey too do again.....I still love that idiot more anyways
mine was devastating.
some women are devil personified.
three months to our traditional wedding,I saw a contact on her phone with the name " my love"
I thought am the one na as husband to be very soon.
I looked closely and saw that its not my number so I confronted her and she told me its her mopol friend.
she started explaining how the guy loves her so much.
I got angry and told her " then why are you not with him,why didn't he come to collect the list "
I called her father and lodged my complaints,the father later called back telling me how she has changed.
I called her and warned that if such happens again I will reconsider my position in marrying her.
do you know that this statement was registered in her heart for revenge.
I married her and after seven months she left me to get revenge and make me lose of all I spent in footing the bills of the traditional wedding.
I have learnt to be mean in handling relationship with women.
before I pity them and wrong myself to please them.
but not anymore.
what pains me most is that my siblings whom I first got married are now with kids each while this devil was deceiving that she is pregnant and I registered her ante natal.
when she attended for six months,I wasn't seeing any sign of pregnancy and she would tell me how she had flat tummy,how the doctor is surprised at her flat tummy.
I will be like,flat tummy in six months ?
I told her to go for scan which she did reluctantly.
results came out no pregnancy .
she started telling me how a prophet told her that time would come when her pregnancy would be appearing and disappearing.
how somebody is manipulating her pregnancy.
I told my mum to help her meet those women in the village who help in such matters.
that was when they told her that she should tell her husband the truth.
she came back packed her things in our house in the village and travelled to her parents.
later came town took her things and left.
if I assist my mum financially,there will be trouble in the house.
if she add her own money in preparing food,I must refund her.
she knows my pay but I don't know her financial status.
she hides her financial status from me.
I thank God she left as I feel liberated

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Brock1: 2:30pm On Aug 25, 2019
Brock1:

No true love anywhere.
we all operate conditional love.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by bukatyne(f): 2:38pm On Aug 25, 2019
successmatters:

Nope,

Never marry a gold digging parasite.

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by princfred(m): 2:42pm On Aug 25, 2019
Smile4mee01:

Many women now want to be mothers and not wives. It's a sad thing, that why as a man Always Always put yourself first, it's not wickedness. It's to avoid stories that touch.

Knowing women for what they are, God forbid I loose my source of income. I will temporarily separate/leave before I am left.

Let me reveal something to you guys. If you have a woman in your life that does not exchange/invest/put in something to you and your life. Cut her loose. She will drain you of your energy time and resources and leave you empty.

Back to the story. Men pls pls pls. Always be on your grind, I know its not easy. A flip side. Woukd she have left if the husband was short but as wealthy as dangote?
All correct.
If she isn't investing her resources especially financial the man is on a long thing any man who get hoodwinked and shamed into not having the wife bring out her money based on ego is ignorant of women's selfish antics.
How I hate selfish women.

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Awe4luv(m): 2:43pm On Aug 25, 2019
engrchykae:
mine was devastating.
three months to our traditional wedding,I saw a contact on her phone with the name " my love"
I looked closely and saw that its not my number so I confronted her and she told me its her mopol friend.
I got angry and told her " then why are you not with him,why didn't he come to collect the list "
I called her father and lodged my complaints,the father later called back telling me how she has changed.
I called her and warned that if such happens again I will reconsider my position in marrying her.
I married her and after seven months she left me to get revenge and make me lose of all I spent in footing the bills of the traditional wedding.
but not anymore.
what pains me most is that my siblings whom I first got married are now with kids each while this devil was deceiving that she is pregnant and I registered her ante natal.
when she attended for six months,I wasn't seeing any sign of pregnancy and she would tell me how she had flat tummy,how the doctor is surprised at her flat tummy.
she started telling me how a prophet told her that time would come when her pregnancy would be appearing and disappearing.
I told my mum to help her meet those women in the village who help in such matters.
she came back packed her things in our house in the village and travelled to her parents.
oh boy! this one mad ooooo, thank God for my life, ijo ope mi Ree ooooo.......chai! what a world

well in my case, I was always scared of marriage coz I knew once U made mistake in choosing the wrong woman then U done, so before I dated that idiot, I went to a prophet to pray over it, I wqs told I shouldn't proceed with her, but I turned deaf ears....lol...so I got what I wanted merely because she physically fits into my dream woman, beautiful, slim, light in complexion, sexy, tall etc....

but right now the person am with was sanctioned by thesame prophet that warned me over the first so I think am half secured.....
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by bukatyne(f): 2:45pm On Aug 25, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Will they listen? Forget all the attacks on ladies online, the men are same and worse than the women they so denigrate.

The dating dynamics in Nigeria is so fcked up and parasitic from both sides.

I said it the other day that if not for ego and god complex, I do not see why lots of Nigerian men will be looking for one small girl to confuse with money. Marry within your social class and stop disturbing SM. They wanted to blow up my mentions.

They see no need to work on any aspect of their lives. They just convince themselves that they can make money and get any woman they WANT. But as with any human devoid of common sense, they forgot the difference between a WANT and a NEED.

Money will sure get you the woman you want in a 3rd World Country where food is still a problem. Would it get the woman you NEED?

Oko oro.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Elliot2(m): 3:16pm On Aug 25, 2019
Awe4luv:

Go and listen to when as man loves a woman, sang by Micheal Bolton, the black race is designed to believe in too many juju, na people like you will tell me sango was responsible for the thunder strike at the PGA tour
lol. you make it sound that all whites don't believe in supernatural powers. if people say they experience it,then who are you to tell them otherwise?
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Salt3: 3:24pm On Aug 25, 2019
grin DAT Lady must be an Igbo. I'm talking from experience. Igbo ladies are always like that except for a rare few
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Ozugbo(m): 3:24pm On Aug 25, 2019
Bros,move on.I'm a victim of this n I ve since moved onn life is now so blossom for me.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Ozugbo(m): 3:24pm On Aug 25, 2019
Bros,move on.I'm a victim of this n I ve since moved on n life is now so blossom for me.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by OlawaleBammie: 3:36pm On Aug 25, 2019
Tunagee:

But my principle as always been 'accept me the way iam and not for what I have'

yea, dat is d ultimate condition, soo on point.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by jman77(m): 3:39pm On Aug 25, 2019
OKOATA:
Please my question is how was the marriage terminated? Did both party appear in court or what's the procedure to terminate a marriage? I want to know about this so it will be easy for me if things go south
https://resolutionlawng.com/how-to-dissolve-customary-marriage-in-nigeria/
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by engrchykae(m): 4:10pm On Aug 25, 2019
Awe4luv:

oh boy! this one mad ooooo, thank God for my life, ijo ope mi Ree ooooo.......chai! what a world

well in my case, I was always scared of marriage coz I knew once U made mistake in choosing the wrong woman then U done, so before I dated that idiot, I went to a prophet to pray over it, I wqs told I shouldn't proceed with her, but I turned deaf ears....lol...so I got what I wanted merely because she physically fits into my dream woman, beautiful, slim, light in complexion, sexy, tall etc....

but right now the person am with was sanctioned by thesame prophet that warned me over the first so I think am half secured.....
my guy na God go save men o
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by mechanics(m): 6:11pm On Aug 25, 2019
hmmmm, that's the consequences of one not seeking the face of God for His will, beauty is not everything.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 25, 2019
mechanics:
hmmmm, that's the consequences of one not seeking the face of God for His will, beauty is not everything.

See them gringrin
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by mechanics(m): 6:49pm On Aug 25, 2019
Sholaani:

See them gringrin
lolz.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by mechanics(m): 6:49pm On Aug 25, 2019
Sholaani:

See them gringrin
lolz.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by charlsecy(m): 7:56pm On Aug 25, 2019
akinade28:
....she didnt know he was short the first five years of the marriage when there was money?
She knew.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by okewumi: 9:56pm On Aug 25, 2019
engrchykae:
mine was devastating.
but not anymore.

grin
Nawa. Ooo
Sometimes when you watch deliverance program and you see women and ladies display under the anointing, you will pity men. They can make you and reck you grin.

Sometimes the demon inside them will make sure they destroy the part of their husband and amount him to nothing. I am just watching Emmanuel TV deliverance program in Israel.

If God open your eyes sometimes, you will know that some ladies are great grandma in spirit rem.

Watch and pray. If you have carry over in school, you can correct and pass within a year but carryover in marriage can be everlasting regret.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by mceze(m): 12:14am On Aug 26, 2019
Princeofasia:
dont people assassinate people again?
do they know that they can do it and make it look like a fatal accident?

How do you know what's on my mind? Na wetin I go do be that!
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by benji93: 12:35am On Aug 26, 2019
True, but i don't think that adage works for the men and women of today. Most of the ladies in those days were loyal, so you don't have to worry about their loyalties, all you got to do is work hard and take good care of them. Times have changed, women are becoming more financially capable- independent, if you would have it. So unlike some other adages that trasncend time, this one is subject to time. That being said , i could also say that the adage the adage is implicitly encouraging hardwork among men (you can't make the money if you don't, unless your father na Dangote), so your understanding of it really depends on how deep you look.
felaismyhero:
lol.but a yoruba adage says: ki la fi n se oko obinrin,owo la fi n se oko obinrin(i hope i typed it right!) translation(what i think it means): what do we need to be a husband to a woman? money is what we need to be husband to a woman!
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by benji93: 12:44am On Aug 26, 2019
I am not understanding what you are writing, are you equating attraction to genuine love?
udemzyudex:
I have learnt this lesson as a guy, though I'm not yet married.

There is a very big difference between love and attraction.

If a lady love you ( because anybody can learn to love someone) and she's not attracted to you, believe me on the long run, it will only be a waste of time.

If she love you, you really have to be sure she's also attracted to you.
This way, she will do whatever you want.
Of course you will definitely know when a lady is attracted to you, she will always try to make things work even if things are getting out of hands because she genuinely love you.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by udemzyudex(m): 12:47am On Aug 26, 2019
benji93:
I am not understanding what you are writing, are you equating attraction to genuine love?

Equating? Read the post again, maybe you will understand it this time.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by benji93: 12:49am On Aug 26, 2019
I think someone explained this earlier- sometimes contract jobs earns you money that will take you years to accumulate from federal employment. Your opinion on his irresponsible investments, supposedly, is well taken.
freemi:
infact i am angry and speechles readn ths post. U ve access to fed job, gave it to gold diggers then remain in contract..who dose that? So many wrongs frm d guy. He even refuse to invest
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by benji93: 12:55am On Aug 26, 2019
Honestly, on reading again as suggested, i would think it means love + attraction =genuine love. But your thoughts are not clear enough. You seem to be of the opinion that love and attraction are two different things, but love and attraction actually overlap as far as i am concerned. How can you love someone without being attracted to them one way or another?
udemzyudex:

Equating? Read the post again, maybe you will understand it this time.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by oshaosha2014(m): 1:43am On Aug 26, 2019
If you par adventure lose it nko, na to go die remain abi Like that’s the end of one’s life.

successmatters:

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us / Should The Man Pay It? / Fantasising In My Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.