Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,807 members, 7,827,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady (91919 Views)

Journalist In Syria Explains Why He Still Washes Dishes After Marrying 3 Wives / American Woman Adopts Yoruba Name After Marrying Nigerian (photos) / My Life After Marrying A Philippine Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Nicheey(m): 2:32am On Aug 25, 2019
successmatters:
Moral of the story, never lose your job.

Damn grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by udemzyudex(m): 2:39am On Aug 25, 2019
I have learnt this lesson as a guy, though I'm not yet married.

There is a very big difference between love and attraction.

If a lady love you ( because anybody can learn to love someone) and she's not attracted to you, believe me on the long run, it will only be a waste of time.

If she love you, you really have to be sure she's also attracted to you.
This way, she will do whatever you want.
Of course you will definitely know when a lady is attracted to you, she will always try to make things work even if things are getting out of hands because she genuinely love you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Princeofasia: 2:39am On Aug 25, 2019
dont people assassinate people again?
do they know that they can do it and make it look like a fatal accident?

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by ifiokbenzy(m): 2:42am On Aug 25, 2019
You no get money wahala, you get the money Gone!. Invest your money on something tangible, stop disturbing Nairaland with 1001 lessons learnt. Did the girl advertise any investment, you just waka for your too leg go patronize, even when she no gree. #Hard lesson: Don't go and pose to village girls when you can marry in the city. (Abuja). By the way, wetin kwasen mi

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by bossrillboss: 2:45am On Aug 25, 2019
BigJoe19:
grin Your brother can slways due her to court for kidnapping he s children, if I am your brother I would not be be depressed, he should consider her as a baby mama and not his wife, at least the butden of taking care of a wife is gone, what benefit does marriage give these days, the only reasonsble thing from marriage is children and availability of free sex.
Right now I have a baby mama and she has two children for me, she stays in my house, though we are not legally married, if she wants to leave she can leave but not with my children.
..oshey awon team I dnt bloody care.twale sir.

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Solutiondesk: 2:52am On Aug 25, 2019
Lessons learnt

1. When a financial opportunity comes your way as a man self development should be your no one priority.
2. When you are not financial stable as a man, marrying a liability would be a stupid decision to make.
3. If a lady truly loves you, she will play the role of a strong support mate out of her own volition.
4. Never go out of your to impress a lady if your in tensions are for serious commitment.
5. Push hard ,extremely hard to be a champion at all times, never allow anybody undermine your dream, not even family.

personal experience:
Got a job of 130k, most colleagues assumed it wasn't enough, not long after I got involved with a lady, I really loved her, was making serious sacrifices for her, couldn't save at all, I realised not to long after the feeling wasn't mutual, we were already six months gone and I could deduce that all she wanted was money, Experience has thought me that a compatible partner wouldn't stretch your emotions, so I let her go and started planning, saving and in just over 3 years I own an auto worth almost 2m and a fast growing business of similar amount, my colleagues wonder how I did, it's simple don't turn your back on a palatable pot of chicken soup for a plate of indomie.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by freemi(m): 2:57am On Aug 25, 2019
successmatters:
wrong
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by kaywhy09(m): 3:07am On Aug 25, 2019
successmatters:

OMG! They're everywhere angry
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by freemi(m): 3:07am On Aug 25, 2019
stag:
Is the only problem here losing his job, money?

- No stories of infidelity on her part?
- Had there been relative peace since the marriage?
- Can we then say that, apart from her love of money, she was a good wife?

But bro, how can your brother be in a contract job and he fixed two of his in-laws in ‘well-paying’ Federal Government jobs with job security while he worked in a place without job security?
infact i am angry and speechles readn ths post. U ve access to fed job, gave it to gold diggers then remain in contract..who dose that? So many wrongs frm d guy. He even refuse to invest

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Judybash93(m): 3:08am On Aug 25, 2019
successmatters:

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Judybash93(m): 3:12am On Aug 25, 2019
Solutiondesk:
Lessons learnt

1. When a financial opportunity comes your way as a man self development should be your no one priority.
2. When you are not financial stable as a man, marrying a liability would be a stupid decision to make.
3. If a lady truly loves you, she will play the role of a strong support mate out of her own volition.
4. Never go out of your to impress a lady if your in tensions are for serious commitment.
5. Push hard ,extremely hard to be a champion at all times, never allow anybody undermine your dream, not even family.

personal experience:
Got a job of 130k, most colleagues assumed it wasn't enough, not long after I got involved with a lady, I really loved her, was making serious sacrifices for her, couldn't save at all, I realised not to long after the feeling wasn't mutual, we were already six months gone and I could deduce that all she wanted was money, Experience has thought me that a compatible partner wouldn't stretch your emotions, so I let her go and started planning, saving and in just over 3 years I own an auto worth almost 2m and a fast growing business of similar amount, my colleagues wonder how I did, it's simple don't turn your back on a palatable pot of chicken soup for a plate of indomie.

Yes sir.. Good advice.

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by freemi(m): 3:14am On Aug 25, 2019
BigJoe19:
grin Your brother can slways due her to court for kidnapping he s children, if I am your brother I would not be be depressed, he should consider her as a baby mama and not his wife, at least the butden of taking care of a wife is gone, what benefit does marriage give these days, the only reasonsble thing from marriage is children and availability of free sex.
Right now I have a baby mama and she has two children for me, she stays in my house, though we are not legally married, if she wants to leave she can leave but not with my children.
lols
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by freemi(m): 3:17am On Aug 25, 2019
DesChyko:

See brother.
Brother wey lipsrsealed
lols
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by DevilhimseIf: 3:20am On Aug 25, 2019
[s]
ipobarecriminals:
her family will be looking for another victim while she advertise her single mum online. I pity d man dat fall for family/ wife like diz thief
[/s]
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by freemi(m): 3:21am On Aug 25, 2019
LordKO:
This occurrence is a perfect representation of the figure of speech (phrase) "when the chips are down." It's only when the chips are down like this that one will accept the reality that only ethical class is the real class and that there's no need for marriage where interest isn't mutually altruistic between both parties directly involved. Altruism isn't just the soul of love/friendship/oneness, it's equally the hallmark of good ethics. The inconsequential immaterial thing that matters the most - the best of attributes.

Only an altruistic person (a selfless woman/thoughtful man) can give another (person) faithfulness which is required in a situation like this. Loyalty will always end where self-serving benefits stop or become unappealing - the evil of prioritizing social/economic class and consideration mainly/solely based on physical beauty/handsomeness - but faithfulness will not because it's the major hallmark of altruism, it doesn't expect/depend on self-serving benefit. Faithfulness remains superior to loyalty, so immaterial things (good attributes) over material things (money/physical possessions) as first/main consideration, any day and any time.

Your brother married a woman who had no altruistic interest towards him. It's possible that he too didn't have altruistic interest towards her. Any marriage that material thing is the bond that brought/holds the couple can't be a peaceful and happy one mutually, whether it lasts or not is irrelevant.

was jst enjoyn d way u write

2 Likes

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by DevilhimseIf: 3:23am On Aug 25, 2019
[s]
ipobarecriminals:
They eat ur food,collect ur money.Pray u dnt enter financial crisis. Nah dat day u go see/knw the true color of sum pipu.Dnt marry for pity sake
[/s]
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by DevilhimseIf: 3:23am On Aug 25, 2019
[s]
ipobarecriminals:
sad sad Some family members are devil themselves.
[/s]
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by freemi(m): 3:23am On Aug 25, 2019
virgoquin:
Go and make money, hustle my brother once you make money any woman of your choice you can have.. this is the anthem of most young men these days.

una see una life bah,if you like make money and go for the woman of your choice if you are not her choice too she will just use your money as compensation.

Most men these days have extremely low self esteem, their worth is tied to money and when the money dwindles down their wives also disappear too.
so for u mind nw ths one made money? Contract job without investin? For he didnt make kobo o.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by millionboi2: 3:25am On Aug 25, 2019
daddytime:
Hmmm...

Lesson learned he should move on with his life.

Money no fit buy love.

money can actually buy love

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by ipobarecriminals: 3:28am On Aug 25, 2019
DevilhimseIf:
[s][/s]
sad
DevilhimseIf:
[s][/s]
kiddo! duz us beyond u
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by boolet: 3:28am On Aug 25, 2019
successmatters:
cheesy werrey
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by martowskin1(m): 3:29am On Aug 25, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
Blame your brother. I thought most of you go by the mantra "Make money and you'll marry any woman of your choice?" the moral lesson in your story is that a lady could love your money and not love you. That was exactly what played out and crashed their marriage.

Secondly, his inability to invest. If he had invested part of his salary, he won't have had reasons to fight over 200k 'cause I am sure he was giving her more than that of which she never accounted for. She realized he wasn't doing so well, so her reason for the disrespect.

No, he got it wrong where he tends to carry her family responsibility like he was their father, even got them a job...

There are limit to things.... He invested too much getting nothing, don't tell me she gave her kids, because the kids still belong to her as well.

Never marry a lady that is bringing nothing to the table, this ones that has nothing to offer are the ones that always behave stupidly

Marriage is partnership, men should look at what the woman gat to offer in the union , if all they got to offer is their yansh, walk away, because they gat nothing to lose as well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by millionboi2: 3:30am On Aug 25, 2019
BigJoe19:
after all u did for her and family
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by DevilhimseIf: 3:33am On Aug 25, 2019
[s]
ipobarecriminals:
sadkiddo! duz us beyond u
[/s]
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Seywayfem: 3:43am On Aug 25, 2019
This is a lesson to every man out there. Never force a woman to love you, never get married out of pity, make sure the woman you decided to get married to accepted you without any conditions. May God help the man and raised him up again

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Toroso: 3:45am On Aug 25, 2019
What a terribly foolish comment.
Wow ! Your brand of foolishness must be truly divine. Moral of the lesson is not to chase girls that told you they ain’t down with you the first time you pop the question or beta be careful who you love n marry,

Now you can have yourparent thank me.

successmatters:

Comment like this are reason to thank Gid for the wife I married wow ! So once a husband goes broke in a marriage the next is disrespect ?!

Now that is some insight.

GrabHisBalls:
Blame your brother. I thought most of you go by the mantra "Make money and you'll marry any woman of your choice?" the moral lesson in your story is that a lady could love your money and not love you. That was exactly what played out and crashed their marriage.

Secondly, his inability to invest. If he had invested part of his salary, he won't have had reasons to fight over 200k 'cause I am sure he was giving her more than that of which she never accounted for. She realized he wasn't doing so well, so her reason for the disrespect.

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by millionboi2: 3:49am On Aug 25, 2019
gr8minds:

There are people like that, I know of someone that has connections to fix people up with government jobs, but he won’t fix himself up cause he prefers to be his own boss.
all dis noise abt government is empty.

Government job is just wat it is and not wat unemployed thinks
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Neddstark: 3:51am On Aug 25, 2019
When marrying a woman, it is good to know her foundation. With a mother-in-law like that, the family should have known the wife would be no better.

3 Likes

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Subonbon(m): 4:00am On Aug 25, 2019
Efewestern:

Was this all you came up with
thanks for asking him this wonderful question... As if he was happy when he lost his job... Please learn to think with your head... Head wey no think dey carry load...
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Nobody: 4:04am On Aug 25, 2019
GrabHisBalls:

Have you ever made a business decision, good or bad? You sound like someone who has never been financially independent
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Mavrick2012: 4:08am On Aug 25, 2019
akinade28:
The lady is a golddigger sha, she didnt know he was short the first five years of the marriage when there was money? even if she was persuaded to marry him, was she forced? She could have said no and insisted she not marrying him. I think it is just a flimsy excuse to leave the marriage
I feel for your bro, It is so obvious the woman only married him out of pity because of his money and in order to repay the assistance render to her not because she loved him.
My opinion is that life is so unpredictable, that why careful consideration needs to be taken when choosing a spouse. Marriage is more than i have money or beauty.
am so sorry to say, but, is their any woman who doesn't love for money?
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by andrew12(m): 4:08am On Aug 25, 2019
successmatters:
people who clicked like are likeminds

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Fantasising In My Marriage. / Should The Man Pay It? / Ella Gross: 11-Year-Old Model IceCream Advert Sparks Controversy In South Korea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.