Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,226 members, 7,846,064 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

80 Nigerians: 'all Ethnics Have Their Own Criminals' - FFK Defend Igbos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 80 Nigerians: 'all Ethnics Have Their Own Criminals' - FFK Defend Igbos (18355 Views)

Atiku Is The Only Presidential Candidate That Is Related To All Ethnics Groups / ESN In Lagos To Defend Igbos In Lagos / PDP Yoruba Leaders Must Resist APC Desperation And Defend IGBOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 80 Nigerians: 'all Ethnics Have Their Own Criminals' - FFK Defend Igbos by favour32(m): 8:09pm On Aug 25, 2019
If you know the only tribe in Nigeria that kills in order to grab land that means your I.Q is above average.
Therefore,I.Q above average is termed to be smart.
You are smart if you know the tribe.
Re: 80 Nigerians: 'all Ethnics Have Their Own Criminals' - FFK Defend Igbos by livebyday(m): 8:21pm On Aug 25, 2019
Ishilove:

Hi. I'm not a mod please

Apologies my dear

It's an oversight

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 80 Nigerians: 'all Ethnics Have Their Own Criminals' - FFK Defend Igbos by GistFullGround: 8:38pm On Aug 25, 2019

IGBOS and YORUBAS, STOP tarnishing Nigeria's image abroad; ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

2 Likes

Re: 80 Nigerians: 'all Ethnics Have Their Own Criminals' - FFK Defend Igbos by naijajobx: 8:44pm On Aug 25, 2019
ohhh
Re: 80 Nigerians: 'all Ethnics Have Their Own Criminals' - FFK Defend Igbos by tiger28: 9:19pm On Aug 25, 2019
COMING FROM a the guy that made the Guinness book of records as the ONLY Nigerian that took OVER A MONTH to write DAILY EDITORIALS spewing his HATRED for our Igbo ppl. NOW this bastard whom I know PERSONALLY is backtracking because (as God will have it) he NOW has half Igbo children and the fact that the Yorubae has politically banished his political future because of yoyo unstable moves.....Why are we igbos easily manipulated and thrown away later
Re: 80 Nigerians: 'all Ethnics Have Their Own Criminals' - FFK Defend Igbos by tiger28: 9:23pm On Aug 25, 2019
It is amazing how one or two of the numerous nationalities that make up Nigeria secretly wish that they were yoruba and consistently lay claim to Lagos as being partly theirs. Have they forgotten where they came from? I have never heard of a yoruba wanting to give the impression to the world that he is an igbo, an ijaw, an efik or a hausa-fulani or claiming that he is a co-owner of Port Harcourt, Enugu, Calabar, Kano or Kaduna. Yet more often than not some of those that are not of yoruba extraction but that have lived in Lagos for some part of their lives have tried to claim that they are bona fide Lagosians and honorary members of the yoruba race. Clearly it is time for us to answer the nationality question. These matters have to be settled once and for all.

Lagos and the south west are the land and the patrimony of the yoruba and we will not allow anyone, no matter how fond of them we may be, to take it away from us or share it with us in the name of ”being nice”, ”patriotism”, ”one Nigeria” or anything else. The day that the yoruba are allowed to lay claim to exactly the same rights and privilages that the indegenous people in non-yoruba states and zones enjoy and the day they can operate freely and become commissioners and governors in the Niger Delta states, the north, the Middle Belt and the south-east we may reconsider our position. But up until then we shall not do so. Lagos is not a ”no-man’s land” but the land and heritage of the yoruba people. Others should not try to claim what is not theirs.

I am not involved in this debate for fun or for political gain and I am not participating in it to play politics but rather to speak the truth, to present the relevant historical facts to those that wish to learn and to educate the uninformed. That is why I write without fear or favour and that is why I intend to be thoroughly candid and brutally frank in this essay. And I am not too concerned or worried about what anyone may think or how they may feel about what I am about to say because I am a servant of truth and the truth must be told no matter how bitter it is and no matter whose ox is gored. That truth is as follows.

The yoruba, more than any other nationality in this country in the last 100 years, have been far too accomodating and tolerant when it comes to their relationship with other nationalities in this country and this is often done to their own detriment. That is why some of our igbo brothers and sisters can make some of the sort of asinine remarks and contributions that a few of them have been making in this debate both in the print media and in numerous social media portals and networks ever since Governor Fashola ”deported” 19 igbo destitutes back to Anambra state. In the last 80 years the igbo have been shown more generosity, accomodation, warmth and kindness and given more opportunities and leverage by the yoruba than they have been offered by ANY other ethnic group in Nigeria. This is a historical fact. The yoruba do not have any resentment for the igbo and we have allowed them to do in our land and our territory what they have never allowed us to do in theirs. This has been so for 80 long years and it is something that we are very proud of.

As I said elsewhere recently, to be accomodating and generous is a mark of civilisation and it comes easily to people that once had empires. The reason why many of our people take strong exception to the apparant outrage of the igbo over this ”deportation” issue and the provocative comments of my friend and brother Chief Orji Uzor Kalu when he described Lagos as being a ”no man’s land” is because the igbo have not only taken us for granted but they have also taken liberty for licence.

We cannot be expected to tolerate or accept that sort of irreverant and unintelligent rubbish simply because we still happen to believe in ”one Nigeria” and we will not sacrifice our rights or prostitute our principles on the alter of that ”one Nigeria”. Whether Nigeria is one or not, what is ours is ours and no-one should test our resolve or make any mistake about that. ”One Nigeria” yes but no-one should spit in our faces or covet our land, our treasure, our success, our history, our virtues, our being and our heritage and attempt to claim those for themselves simply because we took them in on a rainy day. It is that same attitude of ”we own everything”, ”we must have everything” and ”we must control everything” that the igbo settlers manifested in the northern region in the late 50’s and early and mid-60’s that got them into so much trouble up there with the hausa fulani and that eventually led to the terrible pogroms where almost one hundred thousand of them were killed in just a few days.

Again it is that same attitude that they manifested in Lagos and the Western Region in the late ’30’s and the early and mid-40’s that alienated the yoruba from them, that led to the establishment of the Action Group in April, 1951 and that resulted in the narrow defeat of Chief Nnamdi Azikiwe in the Western Regional elections of December, 1951. As a matter of fact they were the ones that FIRST introduced tribalism into southern politics in 1945 with the unsavoury comments of Mr. Charles Dadi Onyeama who was a member of the Central Legislative Council representing Enugu and who said at the Igbo State Union address that ”the domination of Nigeria and Africa by the igbo is only a matter of time”. This single comment made in that explosive and historic speech did more damage to southern Nigerian unity than any other in the entire history of our country and everything changed from that moment on.

To make matters worse, in July 1948 Chief Nnamdi Azikiwe made his own openly tribal and incendiary speech, again at the Igbo State Union, in which he spoke about the ”god of the igbo” eventually giving them the leadership of Nigeria and Africa. These careless and provocative words cost him dearly and put a nail in the coffin of the NCNC in the Western Region from that moment on. This was despite the fact that that same NCNC, which was easily the largest and most powerful political party in Nigeria at the time, had been founded and established by a great and illustrious son of the yoruba by the name of Mr. Herbert Macauly. Macauly, like most of the yoruba in his day, saw no tribe and he happily handed the leadership of the party over to Azikiwe, an igbo man, in 1945 when he was on his dying bed. How much more can the yoruba do than that when it comes to being blind to tribe? Can there be any greater evidence of our total lack of racial prejudice and tribal sentiments than that? If the NCNC had been founded and established by an igbo man would he have handed the whole thing over to a yoruba on his death bed? I doubt it very much.

Again when northern military officers mutineed, effected their ”revenge coup” and went to kill the igbo military Head of State, General Aguiyi-Ironsi on July 29th 1966 in the old Western Region, his host, the yoruba Col. Fajuyi (who was military Governor of the Western Region at the time), insisted that they would have to kill him first before taking Aguiyi-Ironsi’s life and the northern officers (led by Major T.Y. Danjuma as he then was) promptly obliged him by slaughtering him before killing Aguiyi-Ironsi. How many igbos know about that and how many times in our history have they made such sacrifices for the yoruba? Would Aguiyi-Ironsi, or any other igbo officer, have stood for Fajuyi, or any other yoruba officer, and sacrificed his life for him in the same way that Fajuyi did had the roles been reversed? I doubt it very much.

Yet instead of being grateful the igbo continuously run us down, blame us for all their woes, envy our educational advantages and resent us deeply for our ability to excel in the professions and commerce. Unlike them we were never traders but we were (and still are) industrialists and when it comes to the professions we were producing lawyers, doctors, accountants and university graduates at least three generations before they ever did. That is the bitter truth and they have been trying to catch up with us ever since. For example the first yoruba lawyer Christopher Alexander Sapara Williams was called to the English Bar in 1879 whilst the first igbo lawyer, Sir Louis Mbanefo, was called to the English bar in 1937. Again the first yoruba medical practitioner, Dr. Nathaniel King, graduated in 1875 from the University of Edinburgh whilst the first igbo medical practitioner, Dr. Akannu Ibiam, graduated from another Scottish University in 1935.

Yet despite all this and all that they have been through over the years and despite their terrible experiences in the civil war we are witnessing that same attitude of ”we must control all”, ”we must own all” and ”we must have all” rearing its ugly head again today when it comes to their attitude to the issue of the deportations from Lagos state and when you consider the comments of the Orji Kalu’s of this world about the igbo supposedly ”owning Lagos” with the yoruba and supposedly ”generating 55 per cent of the state’s revenue”. It is most insulting. And I must say that it is wrong and unfair for anyone to lay the blame for the perenniel suspicion and underlying tensions that lie between the two nationalities on the yoruba because that is far from the truth.

We are not the problem, they are. Pray tell me, in the whole of Nigeria who treated the igbo better than the yoruba after the civil war and who gave them somewhere to run to where they could regain all their ”abandoned property” and feel at home again? Who encouraged them to return to Lagos and the west and who saved the jobs that they held before the civil war for them to come back to when the war ended? No other tribe or nationality did all that for them in the country- only the yoruba did so. And the people of the old Mid-West and the Eastern minorities (who make up the zone that is collectively known as the ”south-south’ today) have always viewed them with suspicion, have always feared them and have always resented them deeply.

From the foregoing any objective observer can tell that we the yoruba have always played our part when it comes to accomodating others. This is particularly so when it comes to the igbo who we have always had a soft spot for and who we have always regarded as brothers and sisters. It is time that those ”others” also play their part by acquiring a little more humility, by knowing and accepting their place in the scheme of things and by desisting from giving the impression that they own our territory or that they made us what we are.

( Written by FEMI FANI KAYODE circa 2014)
WHO IS THIS MAN FOOLING?
Only my Igbo brothers and sisters!

1 Like

Re: 80 Nigerians: 'all Ethnics Have Their Own Criminals' - FFK Defend Igbos by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 25, 2019
LZAA:

grin
Cc immhotep sarrki GMBuharii bastardmod Afonjaconehead gwarotango Adaibeku
afamed will dream about Biafra this night grin grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 80 Nigerians: 'all Ethnics Have Their Own Criminals' - FFK Defend Igbos by benjanny(m): 10:48pm On Aug 25, 2019
I use to avoid posts which relate to ethnicity because I know I have many friends here from different ethnic group. Few days ago some Nigerians were caught by FBI for cyber crimes,they were almost all Igbos.Seeing some comments from other tribes were like hell.Those who refuse to understand my sadness should visit Information Nigeria Facebook page and see the list of our fellow Nigerians who are on the execution list of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for drug related offences.Looking at the names on that list,it looks like a Yoruba admission list batch (A) at Obafemi Awolowo University Ile Life .We condemned crime in all nook and crannies.
Re: 80 Nigerians: 'all Ethnics Have Their Own Criminals' - FFK Defend Igbos by MetaPhysical: 11:16pm On Aug 25, 2019
livebyday:

I am.not ibo

I flag comments that break rules

You will do well to respect the forum's rules and other members or you will be sanctioned

Cheers

If you like be a buzu, who cares? My statement stands.....the impact and loss of trust to all Nigerians generally is a far more concern on that thread than your nonsense stalking people to report.

Get sense!
Re: 80 Nigerians: 'all Ethnics Have Their Own Criminals' - FFK Defend Igbos by brookz: 11:28pm On Aug 25, 2019
Piggies idol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 80 Nigerians: 'all Ethnics Have Their Own Criminals' - FFK Defend Igbos by Topmaike007(m): 11:31pm On Aug 25, 2019
NwaNimo1:
True talk..... although some crimes are worst than others.

Skull mining for instance!
idiot grin
Re: 80 Nigerians: 'all Ethnics Have Their Own Criminals' - FFK Defend Igbos by Ikechunna: 12:03am On Aug 26, 2019
MetaPhysical:

If you like be a buzu, who cares? My statement stands.....the impact and loss of trust to all Nigerians generally is a far more concern on that thread than your nonsense stalking people to report.

Get sense!

You Yorubas have made FBI most wanted list more so than Igbos. In your earlier post in which you displayed your ignorance, I provided the lists and happily provide here again for your reading pleasure. If we count the amount of Yorubas caught and persecuted by FBI/US federal government it already surpasses 80. Do you need those links again?
Thus, if you gave two craps about the "impact on Niggerians" your focus would be reducing the amount of YORUBAS caught on FBI on almost quarterly basis.
Re: 80 Nigerians: 'all Ethnics Have Their Own Criminals' - FFK Defend Igbos by Mctitanmj(m): 12:18am On Aug 26, 2019
festacman:
Femi Fani Kayode is our son in law, so his defence of ndi Igbo is in order. Yes, every society has bad eggs. But the bad eggs gradually attain the status of good eggs if they are stored rather than be dumped in the thrash bin where they belong.

I believe that it is cowardly and self-defeatist for Igbo to console themselves that other ethnic groups also engage in crimes. Our forebearers were never afraid to condemn any ARU as ARU. They never played the ostrich. Genuine accomplishments were duly recognised and criminals were ostracized for bringing shame to the community.

The constant truth in all of these narratives is that Igbo nation has a BIG PROBLEM on its hands because drug business and scamming have lost their statuses as crimes and are now tolerated as hustles. Our values have become terribly eroded.

The consequence is that our young able-bodied Igbo men have, unnecessarily, lost their lives and many are wasting away in prisons across the world. Unfortunately, more are getting ready to leave to HUSTLE like others, having embarked on all kinds of prayers, rituals and sacrifices to fortify themselves against failure. There seem be no immediate end to this cycle.

Sadly, at present nobody knows the solution to this big problem even as our image and integrity as an enterprising people are devalued daily. I believe we need a SUMMIT or something to begin active discussion on this.

i like ur writing
keep it up, future news writer
Re: 80 Nigerians: 'all Ethnics Have Their Own Criminals' - FFK Defend Igbos by Rexnegro(m): 1:05am On Aug 26, 2019
DesChyko:
I believe most Nigerians are affected by the crimes committed against Nigerians by those who are expected to have their interests at heart.
It's unfortunate that their names are not one of the 80. I think FFK needn't devote much time to this. Make a list of all crimes prevalent in Nigeria that 'affects the majority of the citizenry'. Allocate the supposed 'leading tribe' in them, and face the reality that this association of igbos with 'crime' in its entirety is borne out of something that is not real.
Re: 80 Nigerians: 'all Ethnics Have Their Own Criminals' - FFK Defend Igbos by Rexnegro(m): 1:08am On Aug 26, 2019
bewla:
Yes
Yoruba drug dealers

Hausa arm bandit's

Niger Delta prostitution and human trafficking

But our most senior no respect lost house of Israel

Igbo kwenu wire wire
them done add foreign volente
yorubas drug dealers ke ? the tribe that's oga kpatakpata for that na the developers tribe na ... Igbo kwenu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 80 Nigerians: 'all Ethnics Have Their Own Criminals' - FFK Defend Igbos by MetaPhysical: 5:25am On Aug 26, 2019
Ikechunna:

You Yorubas have made FBI most wanted list more so than Igbos. In your earlier post in which you displayed your ignorance, I provided the lists and happily provide here again for your reading pleasure. If we count the amount of Yorubas caught and persecuted by FBI/US federal government it already surpasses 80. Do you need those links again?
Thus, if you gave two craps about the "impact on Niggerians" your focus would be reducing the amount of YORUBAS caught on FBI on almost quarterly basis.

Yoruba is not FBI.

Fbi said in its press statement after arrest of 78 Ibo criminals....."this is historic!....this is the biggest and worst case we have seen of identity theft and internet fraud".

America said that, not Yoruba. But me personally, im interested in entering this event in Guinness book of records.

The world need to know that Ibos are brave warriors. 78 of them entered America and made history.

Kwenu! Kwenu!! Kwenu!!!
grin
Re: 80 Nigerians: 'all Ethnics Have Their Own Criminals' - FFK Defend Igbos by Ikechunna: 6:20am On Aug 26, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Yoruba is not FBI.

Fbi said in its press statement after arrest of 78 Ibo criminals....."this is historic!....this is the biggest and worst case we have seen of identity theft and internet fraud".

America said that, not Yoruba. But me personally, im interested in entering this event in Guinness book of records.

The world need to know that Ibos are brave warriors. 78 of them entered America and made history.

Kwenu! Kwenu!! Kwenu!!!
grin

You're right FBI isn't Yoruba but definitely know Yorubas considering the amount of times una have been caught by them.

Since you forming dementia, let me know remind you again

United States Secret Service, Drug Enforcement Administration, FBI Declare 18 Nigerians Most Wanted…Three Arrested, 15 Others on Trail

*Interpol, EFCC comb for Criminals’ Hideout

*SUSPECTS’ Name: Adebowale Shekoni (40), Abiodun Bakare (37), Rilwan Ayatonde Soetan (50), Kenneth Eromosele Abulu (36), Olselcita Folayan (41), Musiliu Balogun (40), Mutiat Titilola Olubi (51), Ahiata Folashade Price (46), Monsuratu Omoniyi Griggs(43), Ayodele Soyan (51), Ahuama Benjamin Okey (50), Basiratu Mojisola Bakare-Giles (47), Adegboyega Olukunle Odedina (36), Alex Ahmed Ero (51), Seye Richard Osinoiki(46)

*ARRESTED: Steve Adedeji, Apampa Olayinka, Olugbemiga Adebisi (a.k.a.) George Banks

FBI oneBY GEORGE ELIJAH OTUMU/FOREIGN BUREAU CHIEF, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

THEY ARE ALL NIGERIANS, living on the fast lane. They are members of a syndicate group involve in drugs, identity theft of innocent American victims and various American bank fraud running into millions. They have all brought shame to Africa’s populous nation by their evil trades and opprobrium. They have all brought shame, disgrace and embarrassment to Nigeria and Nigerians. The United States Secret Service, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), narcotics agents, US Federal Bureau of Intelligence(FBI), International Police Organization (INTERPOL), Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and Nigeria’s Anti-Fraud Unit of Nigeria Police Force are all hands on the deck in trailing these 18 Nigeria’s Most Wanted criminals.

A manhunt is on to arrest 15 of them. Already, three others have been arrested by Interpol officers in Lagos. They are wanted for multi-million dollar bank frauds, identity theft, drug pushing and, in the case of one of them, the rape of an expectant mother. Corroborating this view, Atinuke Koyi, Commissioner of Police in charge of Interpol, confirmed the arrests of three of the suspects.

Meanwhile US Secret Service, DEA, United States Marshals Service, the US. Postal Inspection Service and the office of the New York State Governor, David Paterson named some of those wanted as: Adebowale Shekoni (40), Abiodun Bakare (37), Rilwan Ayatonde Soetan (50), Kenneth Eromosele Abulu (36), Olselcita Folayan (41), Musiliu Balogun (40) and Mutiat Titilola Olubi (51).The others are: Ahiata Folashade Price (46), Monsuratu Omoniyi Griggs (43), Ayodele Soyan (51), Ahuama Benjamin Okey (50), Basiratu Mojisola Bakare-Giles (47), Adegboyega Olukunle Odedina (36), Alex Ahmed Ero (51) and 46-year-old Seye Richard Osinoiki, who is wanted for the rape of the expectant mother. Those already arrested are: Steve Adedeji, Apampa Olayinka and Olugbemiga Adebisi (a.k.a.) George Banks).

Media reports say that the FBI has also embarked on a joint operation with EFCC and the Special Fraud Unit (SFU) in Nigeria, to arrest others who may be hiding in the country.

In the US, the dragnet, according to Assistant Director of Criminal Investigations at the FBI, Chip Burrus, involves 56 field offices, “We hope that publicity would help find and bring the fugitives to justice.”

This correspondent learnt that Shekoni, who was residing in Atlanta, Georgia, was indicted for 13 bank frauds, conspiracy, passing counterfeit cheques, interstate travel in aid of racketeering and money laundering conspiracy. His case summary says he entered the United States illegally and had been involved with a counterfeit cheque cashing ring.

Those involved in cheque kitting frauds against multiple banks, which had caused the United States millions of dollars in losses to banks and merchants, usually open business accounts, mostly under gas station identities. They use the bank cheques to float between bank accounts and systematically withdraw money from these accounts prior to the banks awareness that the worthless cheques are either drawn from accounts with insufficient funds or closed accounts.

These Nigerian criminals also use worthless cheques drawn on the accounts to buy items from wholesale distributors. The case against Soetan is listed thus: “Aggravated identity theft and fraud.”

The Secret Service, Miami office says: “Rilwan Soetan is a Nigerian national identified as part of an organised group responsible for the compromise of more than 2000 personal credit card reports. Subsequent aggravated identity theft/fraud perpetrated by Soetan and his group have resulted in significant financial losses.

“Bakare, who is wanted for financial crimes, is also accused of using a vehicle to knock down a Federal Officer while escaping arrest. The case summary states: “This individual is wanted for charges related to financial crimes and assault on a federal officer. Bakare ran an elaborate financial scheme in which he used stolen personal information to open fraudulent credit card accounts.”

Folayan, a DEA- listed fugitive, is accused of Federal drug violations, including alleged conspiracy to distribute heroin in the Northern district of Illinois. His poster warns people not to attempt apprehending him. Rather, people who see him should alert the US Marshals Service.
A warning from the Secret Service on the fugitives says: “Do not attempt to apprehend any of these individuals. Contact the Secret Service or local police; or, if overseas, the nearest US Embassy or Consulate if you have information regarding these individuals.”

Federal Agents in the United States say that Musiliu Balogun, who has been on the run for about five years, was behind a drug distribution network, moving as much as 80 per cent of the white heroin coming into the United States from Southeast Asia. When the ring was smashed, 24 suspects were arrested and over 72 kilogrammes of heroin seized. Balogun and his girlfriend Mutiat Titilola Olubi were identified as leaders of the drug cartel. They were once sighted in Togo and Thailand. Born on September 5, 1963, in Ibadan, Oyo State, Balogun is believed to be one-metre seventy-six centimeters tall. He weighs 75 kilogrammes, has black hair and brown eyes.

Besides Mutiat Olubi, details of crimes committed by other Nigerian women who appeared on the Most Wanted list were also given. One Ahiata Folashade Price is wanted for conspiracy to distribute heroin. Monsurat Omoniyi Griggs and Basiratu Bakare-Giles were accused of the same offence in different regions of the United States.

Detectives at the Detroit Division are still searching for Ahuama Benjamin Okey, identified as Fugitive NCIC-W163933955. He is wanted for alleged Federal Drug Violations and conspiracy to distribute heroin at the Eastern district of Michigan.

In the Maryland district, Odedina is wanted for bank fraud. US Postal Inspection Service in Colorado district is looking for Ahmed Ero over mail fraud.

Information at the Atlanta office of the Secret Service Agents shows that a 36-year-old Kenneth Eromosele Abulu is wanted for passing counterfeit currency and using false identification.

The US Secret Service investigative mission is to safeguard the payment and financial systems of the United States. It has been collaborating with Nigerian agencies striving to give the nation a good image. “When they send specific request to us, we assist in tracking the criminals. But if they’re looking for somebody and a formal request is not made, there is nothing we can do,” said Mrs Koyi, the Interpol boss.

She said following specific requests, her men arrested one 50-year-old Olugbemiga Adebisi aka George Banks. According to her, Banks was arrested at the Murtala The Great Prophet International Airport, Lagos on arrival from China where he had served a one- year jail term for bank fraud.

Detectives even wondered why the fugitive calls himself George Banks, the name of a Pennsylvania mass murderer, who shot 13 people in 1982 in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, five of them his own children.

In the US, the Nigerian George Banks was declared wanted for Access Device Fraud, Aggravated Identity theft, mail theft, social security number violations and other frauds. He allegedly escaped from New Hampshire to China and committed the same offences.

The Chinese authorities, however, got him.“Each time Adebisi commits the crimes, their monitor catches him. Yet, he kept on running from one country to another.” In China, Adebisi seemed to have found wisdom in the saying “When you’re in Rome, do like the Romans.” He bleached his skin and altered his features to look like the Chinese.

The two other persons in Interpol’s net are Steve Adedeji and Apampa Olayinka. They were caught when they approached the US Embassy to renew their visas, thinking that the search for them was over. Interestingly, the Interpol allowed them home on bail after the US Secret Service failed to respond to letters sent by the security outfit. Adedeji and Olayinka now report at the Interpol office at Alagbon every Monday.
The Commissioner of Police (CP), Special Fraud Unit (SFU), Olayinka Balogun told confirmed that the SFU had been collaborating with international agencies to check the activities of fraudsters: “Generally, they send scam letters to us and ask us to help track some of these criminals. There are some cases that we are working on right now.”

On his part, EFCC admitted the anti-graft agency’s collaboration with the American agencies, saying: “We have good working relationship with the major agencies around the world. FBI is one of the backbones of the EFCC, it has trained some of our people. We’ve worked extremely closely with them. We’ve had some joint operations in Lagos area and intercepted outbound mails sent by fraudsters with fake cheques and all sorts of documents. We’re also working with the German police and the South African Scorpion. They have so much trust in the EFCC because of our achievements in the war against fraudsters over the years.”
Re: 80 Nigerians: 'all Ethnics Have Their Own Criminals' - FFK Defend Igbos by Ikechunna: 6:22am On Aug 26, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Yoruba is not FBI.

Kwenu! Kwenu!! Kwenu!!!
grin

Yoruba Kwenu. Afonja the sufferistcated ones

Nine Nigerians have been arrested in the United States of America for defrauding businesses and individuals of more than $3.5million.

This was made known by Geoffrey S. Berman, the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, and James C. Spero, Homeland Security Investigations (HIS) Special Agent-in-Charge of the Tampa, Florida, Field Office of US, in an announcement made on Thursday.

The suspects allegedly posed as oil workers in Russia.

Further investigations showed that each of the defendants possesses three different emails used in defrauding their victims.

The suspects are Oluwaseun Adelekan a.k.a. Sean Adelekan, Olalekan Daramola, Solomon Aburekhanlen, Gbenga Oyeneyin, Abiola Olajumoke, Temitope Omotayo, Bryan Eadie, Albert Lucas and Ademola Adebogun.

Each of the suspects faces a maximum potential sentence of 20 years in prison.

U.S. Attorney Geoffrey S. Berman said: “As alleged, these defendants deployed three different email schemes to defraud their victims.

“The common denominator in all three schemes was the defendants’ alleged fleecing of their victims through fictitious online identities.

“The schemes allegedly earned the defendants $3.5 million – and also arrests on federal felony charges.”

HSI Special Agent-in-Charge James C. Spero said: “A transnational criminal organisation allegedly conducting illicit domestic and international wire fraud has been dismantled thanks to the hard work of HSI Tampa and Special Agents from the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York.

“This case illustrates the unique investigative authority and international reach of HSI.”

As alleged in their indictment, the defendants participated in a scheme to defraud businesses and individuals through several categories of false and misleading representations, including but not limited to:

"Sending victims email messages that appeared to be, but were not, from legitimate business counterparties that included instructions to the victims to wire payment to those seemingly legitimate business counterparties into bank accounts that were actually under the control of, and/or maintained by, Adelekan, Daramola, Aburekhanlen, Oyeneyin, Olajumoke, Omotayo, Eadie, Lucas, and Adebogun (the “Business Email Compromise Scam”);

"Sending email messages and text messages to at least one victim offering an opportunity to invest in oil stored in Russian oil tank farms conditioned on that victim wiring upfront payments into bank accounts purportedly affiliated with the purported oil investment but actually opened by and under the control of Aburekhanlen, Olajumoke, and Oyeneyin (the “Russian Oil Scam”); and

"Sending email messages and text messages to at least one victim from an individual (or individuals) purporting to be a female with romantic intentions toward the victim requesting, further to establishing a romantic relationship, the wiring of payment into a bank account under the control of Omotayo (the “Romance Scam”).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kaduna: PDP Wins Kajuru LG Election / Timipre Sylva Arrested By EFCC / Governor Amosun Tells Aisha Alhassan To Resign For Working Against Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.