Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,116 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

Something Very Wrong What Is It Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Something Very Wrong What Is It Nigerians (997 Views)

To El-rufa'i: Banning Fuel Vendors: A Right Steep At The Very Wrong Time / See Why INEC's Decision About Kogi Poll Is Very Wrong / Why The Fight For Biafra Has Come At A Very Wrong Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Something Very Wrong What Is It Nigerians by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:03pm On Oct 24, 2010
this dubai 1990 to 2005

oil is giving them much revenue to fast develop dubal

for now nigeria has nothing to show of its oil

Re: Something Very Wrong What Is It Nigerians by asha80(m): 1:09pm On Oct 24, 2010
Like they say we will get there undecided
Re: Something Very Wrong What Is It Nigerians by jason12345: 1:15pm On Oct 24, 2010
zim drill, the country is still ethnically bounded. we are not a nation yet we are just a country but we are at the cross road.
Re: Something Very Wrong What Is It Nigerians by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:27pm On Oct 24, 2010
jason12345:

zim drill, the country is still ethnically bounded. we are not a nation yet we are just a country but we are at the cross road.

since the ethnic plays a big role has the place where oil is, developed better than the other parts ?

or in overall no place is showing any gains from oil?
Re: Something Very Wrong What Is It Nigerians by blacksta(m): 1:29pm On Oct 24, 2010
This is will happen to Nigeria when we have a leader that will put personal interest aside and put National Interest first but looking at general population of Nigeria - it can never happen not even in 3000 years.  For this to happen to Nigeria Jesus needs to come and restart humanity again.
Re: Something Very Wrong What Is It Nigerians by jason12345: 1:33pm On Oct 24, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

since the ethnic plays a big role has the place where oil is, developed better than the other parts ?

or in overall no place is showing any gains from oil?

no, the oil producing region is not well developed because of the oil spills by foreign companies.
to be fair, the companies try to compensate the residents of the area but the elders and leaders are too greedy, so, they take all the money and it for personal gains. cry cry cry
Re: Something Very Wrong What Is It Nigerians by jason12345: 1:34pm On Oct 24, 2010
blacksta:

This is will happen to Nigeria when we have a leader that will put personal interest aside and put National Interest first but looking at general population of Nigeria - it can never happen not even in 3000 years.  For this to happen to Nigeria Jesus needs to come and restart humanity again.

NIGERIA WILL BE BETTER. HAVE FAITH!!! smiley smiley smiley
Re: Something Very Wrong What Is It Nigerians by LouisThoro: 1:53pm On Oct 24, 2010
Zimbabwe poster

What is the big deal?

Have you been to Abuja? Abuja was all bush in the 90s.

Go there and see for yourself now. So Dubai/Abuja? Big deal?

Dubai came out of the bush/desert. Abuja came out of the bush. So?

Re: Something Very Wrong What Is It Nigerians by blacksta(m): 1:54pm On Oct 24, 2010
jason12345:

NIGERIA WILL BE BETTER. HAVE FAITH!!! smiley smiley smiley

That is where the problem lies - I am sure faith without action is useless or something like that .  I am not one of those Nigerians that like to deceive themselves.  The truth is that it is not typical nature of a Nigerian to put personal interest aside - hence the above dubai developments can never happen. Re orientation of Nigerians will take time and can last 300 hundred years and i am sad to inform you that reorientation has not started yet.
Re: Something Very Wrong What Is It Nigerians by LouisThoro: 1:57pm On Oct 24, 2010
Poster

Talk about your country, Zimbabwe. Let us deal with our own problems as Nigerians.

I am not a bastard and will not allow you to talk rubbish about my native land while yours rot in a much wider rate.
Re: Something Very Wrong What Is It Nigerians by jason12345: 2:03pm On Oct 24, 2010
blacksta:

That is where the problem lies - I am sure faith without action is useless or something like that .  I am not one of those Nigerians that like to deceive themselves.  The truth is that it is not typical nature of a Nigerian to put personal interest aside - hence the above dubai developments can never happen. Re orientation of Nigerians will take time and can last 300 hundred years and i am sad to inform you that reorientation has not started yet.  
sad sad sad. you may be right
Re: Something Very Wrong What Is It Nigerians by LouisThoro: 2:04pm On Oct 24, 2010
Come to Abuja in 3 years.

Re: Something Very Wrong What Is It Nigerians by LouisThoro: 2:08pm On Oct 24, 2010
and poster. What you dont know is that most of the developmental projects in Dubai are projects by private partnership that has minimal or no government input. and remember, Dubai or the UAE is not full of negative people as is in Nigeria. Nigerians will never believe anything will work in their country, neither do they support or encourage any developmental project. Nothing the government initiates is good in their opinion, food is their problem, so, even if you build roads, and all these infrastructures, they will tell you they are not necessary and a waste of public funds.
Re: Something Very Wrong What Is It Nigerians by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:06pm On Oct 24, 2010
LouisThoro:

Poster

Talk about your country, Zimbabwe. Let us deal with our own problems as Nigerians.

I am not a naughty person and will not allow you to talk rubbish about my native land while yours rot in a much wider rate.

did i say i got solution for nigeria ?

did i talk of anything negative ?

or i just asked a question which i thought you nigerians can tell me from your own point view you know your country how it is run
Re: Something Very Wrong What Is It Nigerians by LouisThoro: 3:28pm On Oct 24, 2010
you said Nigeria has nothing to show for her oil revenue and used Dubai as an example.

Nigeria has nothing to show for her oil revenue??
Re: Something Very Wrong What Is It Nigerians by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:36pm On Oct 24, 2010
LouisThoro:

you said Nigeria has nothing to show for her oil revenue and used Dubai as an example.

Nigeria has nothing to show for her oil revenue??

if it has show me than just attacking without facts
Re: Something Very Wrong What Is It Nigerians by LouisThoro: 3:41pm On Oct 24, 2010
^

Bring your own "facts" first.

Your facts are pictures of Dubai in 1990 and 2005?

How factual can that be.

To rubbish your facts, i told you. Abuja came out of the bush/desert just like Dubai, so whats the big deal?

Is that not enough to rubbish your "facts?"
Re: Something Very Wrong What Is It Nigerians by LouisThoro: 3:50pm On Oct 24, 2010
since you are comparing roads and buildings and showing them off as your oil developed Dubai.

Take these from your undeveloped Nigeria.

Re: Something Very Wrong What Is It Nigerians by Odunnu: 4:03pm On Oct 24, 2010
Are you on a research work Mr Zim?
Re: Something Very Wrong What Is It Nigerians by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:27pm On Oct 24, 2010
LouisThoro:

^

Bring your own "facts" first.

Your facts are pictures of Dubai in 1990 and 2005?

How factual can that be.

To rubbish your facts, i told you. Abuja came out of the bush/desert just like Dubai, so whats the big deal?

Is that not enough to rubbish your "facts?"

you are just barking no bite
Re: Something Very Wrong What Is It Nigerians by LouisThoro: 4:29pm On Oct 24, 2010
^^^

LOL.

No further comments.

Go to your native country and see what the problem is, we know our problems in Nigeria.

LOL.

If you want to know more about where we spend our oil money.

Go here?

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=832444
Re: Something Very Wrong What Is It Nigerians by Samobi(m): 8:31pm On Oct 24, 2010
Odunnu:

Are you on a research work Mr Zim?
[/quote

I would love to know the answer to that question too. So Zim Drill, what was the purpose of this thread precisely and why do you want to know what Nigeria is doing with its oil money? I don't trust some of you Africans who come on our forums asking questions like this. It is people like you they call "green snake under green grass" in Nigeria. Now run along and go focus on Mugabe or whoever! angry
Re: Something Very Wrong What Is It Nigerians by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:20pm On Oct 24, 2010
@

samobi if you come to zimbabwean forum and ask us what wrong with zim we will tell you but it seems like you nigerian you get intimidated

it is always better to hear from the horse's mouth you as nigerian that to depends on a point view of a reporter

from my point of view you got one of the most sort commodity in the world but it seems like nothing is showing its returns in nigeria as whole

thats why i had to pick dubai becoz dubai is showing its gains from the oil
Re: Something Very Wrong What Is It Nigerians by LouisThoro: 9:54pm On Oct 24, 2010
Zimba

It is an insult to say Nigeria has got nothing to show for her oil profit.
Re: Something Very Wrong What Is It Nigerians by Odunnu: 10:18pm On Oct 24, 2010
@poster:let me ask a second question,hopefully I wont be snobbed and ignored.
Have you ever been to Nigeria?
Please give me a link to your ZIM forum, I need to ask some questions too
Re: Something Very Wrong What Is It Nigerians by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:05am On Oct 25, 2010
Odunnu:

@poster:let me ask a second question,hopefully I wont be snobbed and ignored.
Have you ever been to Nigeria?
Please give me a link to your ZIM forum, I need to ask some questions too

www.newzimbabwe.com

forum link is on the top left
Re: Something Very Wrong What Is It Nigerians by LouisThoro: 12:07am On Oct 25, 2010
Zimbabwolomerijestic

Is it true they gave Munya $300k to make him feel better for loosing to UTI?
Re: Something Very Wrong What Is It Nigerians by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:25am On Oct 25, 2010
LouisThoro:

Zimbabwolomerijestic

Is it true they gave Munya $300k to make him feel better for loosing to UTI?

thats what i also read but it aint mugabe giving him the money but mugabes nephew

http://www.newzimbabwe.com/showbiz-3588-Munya%20may%20have%20last%20laugh/showbiz.aspx
Re: Something Very Wrong What Is It Nigerians by LouisThoro: 12:26am On Oct 25, 2010
ok./

(1) (Reply)

Kidnappers Of Ewang’s Wife Nabbed / Fake Condoms In D Market / Intrigues As PDP Gov Candidates Emerge Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.