Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,105 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

How Come Bbc Don't Show These Pictures - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Come Bbc Don't Show These Pictures (1046 Views)

Caption These Pictures Of Ex-governor Amaechi / Caption These Pictures From Today's Fracas At The NASS / Is This Nigeria? I Was Moved To Tears By These Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Come Bbc Don't Show These Pictures by jason12345: 9:04pm On Oct 24, 2010
Re: How Come Bbc Don't Show These Pictures by LouisThoro: 9:13pm On Oct 24, 2010
because they are extremely daft.
Re: How Come Bbc Don't Show These Pictures by jason12345: 9:14pm On Oct 24, 2010
LouisThoro:

because they are extremely daft.
grin grin grin. thanks for the link
Re: How Come Bbc Don't Show These Pictures by jason12345: 9:17pm On Oct 24, 2010
[img][/img]
Re: How Come Bbc Don't Show These Pictures by Mariory(m): 10:04pm On Oct 24, 2010
Because according to some people, that is not the real Lagos. Those pictures are of a Lagos in an alternate dimension where the market women, beggers, area boys, and every single poor person below the poverty line all live in total utopia and all live happily ever after.
Re: How Come Bbc Don't Show These Pictures by LouisThoro: 10:12pm On Oct 24, 2010
so if u go to London and all u see is Hackney or Peckham, then u have seen the whole of London?

Come on.
Re: How Come Bbc Don't Show These Pictures by jason12345: 10:13pm On Oct 24, 2010
true!!!
LouisThoro:

so if u go to London and all u see is Hackney or Peckham, then u have seen the whole of London?

Come on.
Re: How Come Bbc Don't Show These Pictures by Afam4eva(m): 10:59am On Oct 25, 2010
Mariory:

Because according to some people, that is not the real Lagos. Those pictures are of a Lagos in an alternate dimension where the market women, beggers, area boys, and every single poor person below the poverty line all live in total utopia and all live happily ever after.

I agree with you 100%. The pictures posted at skyscrapercity is not atrue representation of Lagos. Ifcat that's less than 20% of what Lagos is. Most of Lagos is a slum.
Re: How Come Bbc Don't Show These Pictures by Calamama: 11:31am On Oct 25, 2010

I agree with you 100%. The pictures posted at skyscrapercity is not atrue representation of Lagos. Ifcat that's less than 20% of what Lagos is. Most of Lagos is a slum.

and long may it remain a slum or we'd have nothing to feel good about and we'd hang ourselves.
Re: How Come Bbc Don't Show These Pictures by OmoTier1(m): 12:58pm On Oct 25, 2010
So much for the BBC claim to fair and balanced reportage. Oh I forgot that the BBC forms part of the strategic UK govt FCO tool of offensive foriegn policy weapon as recently canvassed by Senior management of the BBC when they were hit with a pay cut of 16% by Mr Osborne grin

For all I care, the BBC can go and hang in the woods in hmmmmmmm whats the name of that suicide town?, oh yes BRIDGEND it's called! cheesy. They have not told the world why this little town has one of the highest teen suicide rate in the world, they are busy wasting tax payers moey trottling the globe in the name of investigative journalist, ahhh forgot, that is the only way the BBC chairman and his likes can make huge claims for even a 70pence car park fees grin WHO SAY CORRUPTION NA NAIJA SURNAME? cool
Re: How Come Bbc Don't Show These Pictures by Mariory(m): 4:30am On Oct 26, 2010
afam4eva:

You misunderstand me. This true representation rubbish people keep talking about is a load of nonsense. Those pictures of Ikoyi/VI/Lekki/Marina/CBD/etc are a true representation of those parts of Lagos. In the same way that pictures of starving people living on rubbish heaps are a representation of that part of Lagos.

(1) (Reply)

A Street Car Named Nigeria Revisited / 2011: Politicians Who May Shape Enugu Politics / Muammar Gaddafi's Criminal Cia Translator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.