Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,911 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . (5735 Views)

Pastor Enters Into Church On A Hoverboard (Photos) / See What Most Nigeria Do On Saturday Night Before Going To Church On Sunday / 10 Reasons Why Lagosians Go To Church On Sundays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by Jenwitemi(m): 2:54am On Oct 26, 2010
Very possible, especially with properity church pastors.
Coldheart:

this post is funny but suspect. 3 hour sermon? come on!
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by zubeyr(m): 3:04am On Oct 26, 2010
Those pastors are disgrace if they are not molesting the kids or sleeping with their ushers and females of their congregations they are pimping and stealing the Poors   they are more into fancy cars and suits than preaching the "gospel " I wonder who ' s in his right mind will waste his time listening to their diatribe and crap I no wonder why more church goers are women and kids
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by Enigma(m): 8:46am On Oct 26, 2010
From here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=315268.msg6664317#msg6664317

Enigma:
. . .
For the church to be repositioned (speaking of Nigeria specifically), the first thing would be to destroy the prosperity "gospel". However, this is not likely to happen because of the extent of greed and materialistic desire prevalent in our urban societies/communities especially.

In the past the church was seen as a place to go in order to take one's mind off the things of the world and to contemplate higher values. Today, the "church" is where to go to look for things of the world and to place one's mind deep in the gutter/sewer/soakaway ----------- . . .
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:28am On Oct 26, 2010
grin grin grin @Deepsight. you were very fortunate to have remained through the sermon without slipping into insanity. I had free Sunday-time to visit Our Lady of Lourdes in Aguda Surulere. (I had been guilt-tripped into going to church after 2yrs) I had little inkling that the Catholic Church have started engaging in questionable manipulations of scripture. As the sermon ended, I was relieved and preparing to exit before the Communion began only for the Priest to present Baskets of Apples to the congregation each imbued with essences of any of three JESUS, HOLY SPIRIT and GOD. Each Apple possessing the power to change one's destiny for good (details of activation to follow) I quickly sat up with keen interest as the call went out to the congregation to step forward and purchase Apples from N100K, N50K, N30K, N10K, N5K, N3K and N500 shocked I could not believe my Eyes not understand what my Ears were subjected to. People slowly started trouping out and eventually an entrepreneurial lady came up the pews to personally sell the apples to the seated congregation.

Not to be seen as vindictive, I told my friend that it was surely a gimmick since the Harvest was on the horizon and this was a way to raise funds grin until i heard how to "Activate" the Apples for release of the Powers therein.

1: Take it home (Do not wash it)
2: Take it to a quiet place preferably a Shrine (Not to be confused with Juju-Shrine) Catholics know what i mean
3: Pray?Meditate on your needs and ask God to fulfill them
4: Eat the Apple

At this point i had to be held down by my friend to stop me from raising my hands (Class-room Style) to ask questions. grin
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by Mudley313: 9:45am On Oct 26, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

1: Take it home (Do not wash it)
2: Take it to a quiet place preferably a Shrine (Not to be confused with Juju-Shrine) Catholics know what i mean
3: Pray?Meditate on your needs and ask God to fulfill them
4: Eat the Apple

At this point i had to be held down by my friend to stop me from raising my hands (Class-room Style) to ask questions.  grin

the last line of your post had me
but seriously though, the christian religion is nothing but (or rather, has alway been) a farce. same sh1t; just different package. check out this video below and wonder what the hell these people (the deluded followers) be thinking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWM5D9UVF4Q
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 26, 2010
^wow. . . .do not wash the apple?
More and more stupidity everyday.
If such a miracle apple existed or actually worked, I am sure the entire country would be aware of it by now, that alone should tell the buying congregation something. But then again its inefficacy could be explained away with comments like, "it didn't work cos your faith is not enough", or "you did not activate it properly".
@Topic, I don't believe this story. Stop lying.
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by KunleOshob(m): 9:54am On Oct 26, 2010
The assault christianity is suffering from within is really mind bugling and it keeps getting worse by the day. When some of us stand to point out these glaring errors and outright fraud being done in the name of God and our christian faith some so called christians attack us and accuse us of speaking against a "man of God" [that the scriptures have already condenmed by their very acts]. As for me it remains my resolute christian duty to point out the errors and out right manipulation of scriptures which has now become instutionalized in churches today and people accept cos they falsely believe they are serving God whilst ignoring the weightier matters of the christian faith. Loads of christians are being defrauded and worse still being led to perdition by these criminals parading themselves as men of God. All true christians must rise up expose and fight these criminal elements destroying the christian teachings established by our Lord Jesus Christ and the apostles, if we don't stand and fight now it would only continue to get worse. If these criminals realize that people are begining to question and expose their scams for what it is they would at least exercise restraint in perpetuating their evil activities.
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by Image123(m): 11:06am On Oct 26, 2010
Kunle,what are you doing here? This one no be tighten tithe talk o. We're talking of a violent annoyted criminal shouting "B.A.S.T.A.R.Ds, give me my offering, why are you looking at me". He should be arrested and prosecuted. I'm not a lawyer but is that not verbal assault and threat to life?help me out here deepsight
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by KunleOshob(m): 11:45am On Oct 26, 2010
Image123:

Kunle,what are you doing here? This one no be tighten tithe talk o. We're talking of a violent annoyted criminal shouting "B.A.S.T.A.R.Ds, give me my offering, why are you looking at me". He should be arrested and prosecuted. I'm not a lawyer but is that not verbal assault and threat to life?help me out here deepsight

The "annointed" criminal you are talking about is the end result of the evil and manipulative prosperity gospel which is destroying christian lives today. It starts with persuation, then manipulation, then demands to outright intimidation threats and insults. The pastor in question is just carrying his own to the extreme all tithe preaching pastors are guilty of the same sin.
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 26, 2010
Jenwitemi:

Very possible, especially with properity church pastors.

How do u know this? Have ever been under one before?
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by DeepSight(m): 12:09pm On Oct 26, 2010
Jenwitemi:

-Were you a "true son" or a "B.A.S.T.A.R.D"? Did you drop some juicy offerings before you left the church, or you refused?

Twice i was handed the envelopes, twice i turned them down. I could not bring myself to donate a kobo to advance such a ministry. That would make me guilty by association and contribution. I think that is enough to render one a willing accomplice.

-Did you let the lady who invited you know about how you felt about the pastor and his audaciously scandalous preaching?

Of course. We had lunch afterwards and i spent the whole afternoon airing my views. It was quite funny actually, because she was telling me so many stories about several people who have been similarly scandalised by the man's approach, many who were once members have deserted. Maybe this is what forms the man's anger at "b.a.s.t.a.r.d.s." I also recall that at some point he said that "even the prodigal son returned and gave honour to his father, so should you do too. . ." - he was referring to himself as the father.

Although we had a great time laughing about the guy over lunch, what interests me is that she would not give up the church. She insists that the man means well and actually argued that indeed most of the congregation are stingy and need to be spoken to "toughly" in order to "do the right thing."

What is it that makes people spell bound by these guys? And on such a mass scale? Na Jazz?
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by DeepSight(m): 12:15pm On Oct 26, 2010
fellis:

@Topic, I don't believe this story. Stop lying.

Well if you don't believe it, i certainly hope it at least entertained you. The man certainly entertained me a great deal.
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by KunleOshob(m): 12:30pm On Oct 26, 2010
What is it that makes people spell bound by these guys? And on such a mass scale? Na Jazz?

Perhaps our resident pastor here [joagbaje] would be willing to answer this question since he is involved in the racket. That aside his mentor and spiritual father is also highly skilled in making his congregation spell bound to the extent that they idolize him.

@Pastor Joe
would you be kind enough to shed light on the psycological and brainwashing tactics employed by these con men to achieve their devious objectives?
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by ilosiwaju: 12:50pm On Oct 26, 2010
Deeepusayiiitii o, isu eni lo n towo eni bo epo.(na person yam dey drag hin fingers enter palm oil). I have a theory about DS' refusal to spill the name:

1. The girl is most likely a regular member of the church for her to invite ogbeni deepsight.
2. She holds the church and pastor in high esteem,

Stressing point 2, if the chic happens to be a nairalander and far-fetchedly a religious section regular, our deepsight may not get a "rematch".

Just kidding! But DS, did you drop "somtin" for offering? Sure u dont wanna appear anti-church or cheap in front of the orekelewa.
grin grin grin
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by Rhino3dm: 1:40pm On Oct 26, 2010
Bas.tards give my money! Give it to me! Give me. Bas.tards! Bas.tards!! Bast.ards!!! Give me all my money. Theives give my money.
Wtf!
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by mazaje(m): 2:08pm On Oct 26, 2010
Obama is a mack daddy. . . . .

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHKKUix_btI?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by Tudor6(f): 3:53pm On Oct 26, 2010
Deep Sight:

Twice i was handed the envelopes, twice i turned them down. I could not bring myself to donate a kobo to advance such a ministry. That would make me guilty by association and contribution. I think that is enough to render one a willing accomplice.

So refusing to name and shame the crooked pastor on the grounds of not offending your fu.c.k-mate, in effect shielding the fraud which therefore makes you an accomplice.

Does that not make you Guilty by toto lusting

For someone who accuses others of hypocrisy, Your double standards are amazing.
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by Kay17: 4:06pm On Oct 26, 2010
'its for the love of money'

'gotta get the money man!'
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by DeepSight(m): 4:13pm On Oct 26, 2010
Tudór:

So refusing to name and shame the crooked pastor on the grounds of not offending your fu.c.k-mate, in effect shielding the fraud which therefore makes you an accomplice.

Does that not make you Guilty by toto lusting

For someone who accuses others of  hypocrisy, Your double standards are amazing.

I really don't know what gets you so excited Mr. Man. You need to stop making assumptions. I already gave my reason for not naming the church

Here it is again -

On naming the church, i think that will reduce the discourse to a yabbis session. I rathrr want to discuss the psycological reasons that people could remain spellbound by such

So quit the ch.it chat about "fvck mates" etc. That person is neither a "fvck mate" or even aware of the existence of nairaland.

My reason for not naming the church has been given: and i shall not change my mind on that save if I am given sound reasons for such.
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by Tudor6(f): 4:18pm On Oct 26, 2010
Deep Sight:

I really don't know what gets you so excited Mr. Man. You need to stop making assumptions. I already gave my reason for not naming the church

Here it is again -

So quit the ch.it chat about "fvck mates" etc. That person is neither a "fvck mate" or even aware of the existence of nairaland.

My reason for not naming the church has been given: and i shall not change my mind on that save if I am given sound reasons for such.
yea, I saw that rubbish. I assumed you where high when you typed it.

Err, how will it be reduced to a yabbis session?? Can you explain pls? Or does that not qualify as you making "assumptions"??
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by DeepSight(m): 4:23pm On Oct 26, 2010
^^^ Well sorry, that is my view. I am not going to change it, thanks. I cannot imagine myself entering a jaw-jaw with people who may wish to defend that church on account of what they may view as slander of their pastor. I just dont have the inclination for such.

What i prefer to understand is exactly how such persons are able to retain and even grow their congregations? Why do people respond to such behaviour? Its a psycological question which will not be answered by any unnecessary yabbis and counter-yabbis session.
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by kolaoloye(m): 4:48pm On Oct 26, 2010
Mudley313:

the last line of your post had me
but seriously though, the christian religion is nothing but (or rather, has alway been) a farce. same sh1t; just different package. check out this video below and wonder what the hell these people (the deluded followers) be thinking

[center][flash=500,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWM5D9UVF4Q[/flash][/center]

This is not a true church of God.
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by Tudor6(f): 4:56pm On Oct 26, 2010
Deep Sight:

^^^ Well sorry, that is my view. I am not going to change it, thanks. I cannot imagine myself entering a jaw-jaw with people who may wish to defend that church on account of what they may view as slander of their pastor. I just dont have the inclination for such.

What i prefer to understand is exactly how such persons are able to retain and even grow their congregations? Why do people respond to such behaviour? Its a psycological question which will not be answered by any unnecessary yabbis and counter-yabbis session.
Dont be deceived, I dont really give a crap If you change your mind or not. The state of your mind it totally worthless to me.

Just wanted to show your hypocrisy. Giving us daft reasons is not necessary. Besides who made you moderator that you have to now worry about doing their duties. Even if the pastor's members come to defend their pastor will that not make for interesting discourse to see why they think their pastor is justified in his actions?
And who better to get answers fron than the congregation of the man? Or people here who might through his name recognise him and remember how he started out?

No dey insult our intelligence with pry 6 excuses. Abeg carry go jor!
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by Mudley313: 5:13pm On Oct 26, 2010
kola oloye:

This is not a true church of God.

so, which one now is a true church of god? the catholics who slaughtered millions of non-catholics, jews, muslims, and arians during their crusades and inquisitions? the lutherans who did the same with millions of jews and catholics? the english anglican church who did the same with thousands of scots and puritans? or today's money hungry 419 faith healing prosperity gospel peddlers?
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by UyiIredia(m): 7:24pm On Oct 26, 2010
Deep Sight:

grin grin grin naahhh >>> the answer: decepto principia

as well as the propensity of people to eat lies & to worship men >>> even in my local church L.R.A, despite how
my pastor preaches against it (I've noticed how some people worship him) >>> i Winners it is worse

this practice of worshipping the MOG as God >>> is quite pervasive >>> u wonder where the line is between respecting the man of
God & worshipping him

@ topic >>> sad indeed >>> but i've seen & experienced similar >>> very sorry
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by Joagbaje(m): 7:50am On Oct 27, 2010
@ deep sight
Deep Sight:

I think it's unnecessary . As much as I don't support the act. Though I wish I were there or watch a tape. It's risky for me to come to conclusion on another mans report as a Christian. But if the matter is exactly the way it was reported . It's glaring it's unscriptural . There is still a clause. Is he a man of God? If it's a man of God , lets leave him alone. He may be making mistakes . Christ knows how to handle his church. Our duty is to pray for men of God.   

That's the clause. Is he a man of God?. A real man of God will have anointing with signs. Maybe healing, or he is a seer or a prophet. Some prophet can do questionable things but there are signs and wonders that would confirm their ministry. 
I once heard that bishop oyedepo went to idahosa and sowed some money as seed into his life ( a real pastor is a giver first)  Archbishop idahosa asked him to pour the money on the ground and walk on it. As he did idahosa prophesied " this is how you shall walk on money" etc. From that time, bishop oyedepo finances transformed.I If he built school or ride jet. We don't know the seed he has been sowing . But the point is . A prophet may say bring a seed. And prophesy by it. The prophecy will surely come to pass. 

But we can't overrule the fact that some guys may see that and like the vagabonds of sceva , who were not called of God, they may see it in the flesh and imitate. But they cannot last because there is no anointing to confirm their action. The church will scatter naturally. People will know where God is.The bible foretold about false apostles and prophets.bible also is clear on how to know them. So we first have to identify if this man was a man of God, or some imitators. There is difference when a man of God makes mistake and when a crook is on rampage. But we still leave all for God in prayer. Because of the name of christ. 

@kunleoshob
KunleOshob:

The assault christianity is suffering from within is really mind bugling and it keeps getting worse by the day. When some of us stand to point out these glaring errors and outright fraud being done in the name of God and our christian faith some so called christians attack us and accuse us of speaking against a "man of God"

Ofcourse it's not anyones place to speak evil of a man of God. It is dangerous. If there is a man God chose and he is pleased with him and he is using to touch lives. Leave him with God o. That is wisdom. The fact that he is a God man. You are attacking the God that call him. If there is any mistake, leave him to his master.

Romans 14:4
4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

[that the scriptures have already condenmed by their very acts]. As for me it remains my resolute christian duty to point out the errors and out right manipulation of scriptures which has now become instutionalized in churches today and people accept cos they falsely believe they are serving God whilst ignoring the weightier matters of the christian faith.  

If you are born again your duty is to go and win sinners to christ. Not hunting churches or men of God.it's Satan that gives people such assignment.

All true christians must rise up expose and fight these criminal elements destroying the christian teachings established by our Lord Jesus Christ and the apostles, if we don't stand and fight now it would only continue to get worse. If these criminals realize that people are begining to question and expose their scams for what it is they would at least exercise restraint in perpetuating their evil activities.

Don't use the platform for your personal unscriptural agenda. Your labour is in vain . You are the one trying to destroy the work of christ in your ignorance dear.

There are false brethren , (i just hope youre not one of "em ) there are fasle prophets and apostle. We only have right to handle them scripturaly.Jesus recognise that Satan may send pollution to his work. But he warns us against rash stupidity , because in the attempt to root out the wrong ones,  you destroy the faith of others especially on the Internet. How will Tudor get saved?  By  Reading posts like yours? See what jesus said:

Matthew 13:24-30
24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: 25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. 26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. 27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? 28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? 29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn. 

Some people have wrong motive in the preaching of the gospel. If you are saved, face your own assignment . Go and win sinners to christ. Look at what Paul said.

Philippians 1:15-18
15 Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will: 16 The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds: 17 But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel. 18 What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; [/b]and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice. 

Maybe you have good religious intention but you are  getting it wrong. Like saul, he taught he was pleasing God. Until he heard a voice from heaven  " Saul,why are you persecuting me". He must have been shocked.  I'm not defending wrong your campaing does not please christ.  follow the bible. Do you know how many people will read your posts as you give impression every pastor is a thief,every church is business. Some sinners may decide to just stay at home. And not go to any church. Have you succeeded ? You may say yes , but it's contrary to what the bible teaches. The christian must worship together as body?

[b]Hebrews 10:25

25 Not forsaking or neglecting to assemble together[ as believers], as is the habit of some people, but admonishing( warning, urging, and encouraging) one another, and all the more faithfully as you see the day approaching. 

1 John 1:7
7 But if--- we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Nobody is forced to give, everybody have bible and the holyspirit. We give by conviction and by our persuasion and personal conviction .

2 Corinthians 9:7
7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart,[ so let him give]; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by KunleOshob(m): 9:39am On Oct 27, 2010
@Joagbaje

Here is what the bible says we should do about about false prophets.

Titus 1:11:
11 These false teachers must be silenced, because they are turning whole families away from the truth by their false teaching. And they do it only for money.

Jesus also warned us againts them

Matthew 24:4-5:

4 Jesus told them, “Don’t let anyone mislead you, 5 for many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the annointed.’ They will deceive many

So what is the essence of all these warnings in the bible if not for us to fallprey to them? I havin studied the bible, i know fully well how to recognize and identify a false prophet. Would i be good christian if i keep the knowledge to myself and allow my fellow christian brethen to fall prey to criminals just becos most of them don't study and understand the word?

Let me give you this last verse, i think it is applicable to you and it also explains why people fall prey to these criminal elements parading themselves as men of God.

1 John 4:5: Those false prophets speak from about matters of the world [money] and the world listens to them because they belong to the world.

It's quite evident from your post that you and other prosperity preachers are very worldly grin
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by Joagbaje(m): 10:48am On Oct 27, 2010
@kunleoshob
KunleOshob:

Here is what the bible says we should do about about false prophets.

Titus 1:11:
11 These false teachers must be silenced, because they are turning whole families away from the truth by their false teaching. And they do it only for money.

Well , you need to improve on your hermeneutics and exegesis . You should know the context of a verse and to whom it was written. Did Paul say Christians should attack ministers? . He was writing to a pastor, Titus . So that he could guard his sheep against pollution of the Jewish extremist. Titus had authority to rebuke them . He was anointed a pastor. We have 5 pillars in the body of christ. Pastors, teachers, apostles, evangelists and prophets. They function in anointed office.

Jesus also warned us againts them

Matthew 24:4-5:

4 Jesus told them, “Don’t let anyone mislead you, 5 for many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the annointed.’ They will deceive many

You have constantly been misquoting this Jesus verse . It's not written for the church. It's a Jewish discussion . He is their messiah "the anointed one" for Israel. He was talking about the tribulation of the Jews after the church has been raptures to heaven. The Antichrists will claim to be their "messiah" The anointed one. There is difference between "The anointed" and "An anointed" every born again is anointed .men of God who are called into these 5 offices are anointed over the church also. So there are different anointing.

So what is the essence of all these warnings in the bible if not for us to fallprey to them? I havin studied the bible, i know fully well how to recognize and identify a false prophet. Would i be good christian if i keep the knowledge to myself and allow my fellow christian brethen to fall prey to criminals just becos most of them don't study and understand the word?

Is that what the bible teaches? how many Muslims and sinners have you led to christ? That's our primary assignment. You've been wrong in many assertions but supposing you are right, why not follow what Jesus says. And pray for the church. I pray for the church. Instead of discrediting the body of christ before the world.

Let me give you this last verse, i think it is applicable to you and it also explains why people fall prey to these criminal elements parading themselves as men of God.

1 John 4:5: Those false prophets speak from about matters of the world [money] and the world listens to them because they belong to the world.

If you read from verse 1 the bible was clear how to determine these false prophet. It will be evident in their teaching. What is their concept of christ etc. Read it up.

1 John 4:1-3
1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that[ spirit] of antichri[/b]st, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

So the men of God you call false, do they confess that Jesus did not come in the flesh? You should begin to see your mistakes here. And the danger of wrong application . How will you feel when you stand before christ and you realise you missed your purpose. You didn't win any sinner to christ. The one assignment you gave yourself and prided in , Jesus only reply " who send you". Didn't you read the word ?

It's quite evident from your post that [b]you and other prosperity preachers are very worldly grin

I didn't call myself a prosperity preacher. It is wrong for you to call me what I didn't call myself . It is manipulative and it's against the rule of this forum. You shouldn't try to manipulate me into silence. Let's deal with topics and not personalities. If I'm wrong, prove it by the word. If I'm right accept it by the word.
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by Azibalua(f): 10:57am On Oct 27, 2010
@joeagbaje.
That Matt:13 you quoted really made a lot of sense. We can have zeal but contrary to Gods word. All this fights online don't really gel with mem let's preach the gospel.
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by Seun(m): 11:45am On Oct 27, 2010
I can't believe that you've not mentioned the name of the church. Are you protecting them?
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by Odunnu: 12:12pm On Oct 27, 2010
There was no church in the ist place. The thread is just a figment of what he imagines happens in churches. He just gave it flesh.
Re: Manipulating Mass Psychology. . . I Was In Church On Sunday. . . by nuclearboy(m): 12:48pm On Oct 27, 2010
@DS:

All respectfully require and plead that you make known the name of this fictitious ministry (as is being bandied about now).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Have You Ever Seen A Ghost? Share Your Experience. / Is Church Wedding Scriptural Or Just The White-man's Tradition / Kissing Hanks Ass: A Look At Religious Thinking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.