Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,699 members, 7,851,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:17 PM

Aregbesola Directs NIS To Issue Passport Within 48 Hours - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola Directs NIS To Issue Passport Within 48 Hours (36477 Views)

General Elections: Buhari Directs NIS To Tighten Security Around Borders / Peterside Asks Wike To Release Detained Farah Dagogo Within 48 Hours / Aregbesola Directs NIS To Issue Passport Within 48 Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aregbesola Directs NIS To Issue Passport Within 48 Hours by ninzce6(m): 9:48pm On Aug 30, 2019
this has to be one of the best news i have heard in resent time.....i hope this is implimented soon and not just news like always
Re: Aregbesola Directs NIS To Issue Passport Within 48 Hours by NGpatriot: 10:23pm On Aug 30, 2019
franchasng:
selling drugs to people willing to buy is more dignifying than killing fellow humans for money ritual, selfish, wicked tribe angry

Dumbest post of the day.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Directs NIS To Issue Passport Within 48 Hours by Avedonn: 10:26pm On Aug 30, 2019
Fingerprinter:

The bolded is the mindset of mediocrity
Yeah, I agree.
Just mention number of jobs that pays that much.
Even those jobs that pays that much mostly employ experts from overseas.
I know of many Americans and European that came down to Nigeria for such jobs.
Re: Aregbesola Directs NIS To Issue Passport Within 48 Hours by lookingfly: 10:26pm On Aug 30, 2019
Initial gra gra...... Next!
Re: Aregbesola Directs NIS To Issue Passport Within 48 Hours by AkhereOkaka(m): 10:27pm On Aug 30, 2019
franchasng:
Highly commendable if they can truly implement this which I doubt anyway.

Those praying for Nigeria to become their dream country, I am sorry to tell you that you are wasting your time and prayer, be selfish in your prayers for once, pray for your own personal success and family success, and stop wasting time flogging a dead lion because Nigeria will never become that your dream country and if you are not earning up to 200k naira as a single man or 150k naira as a single lady in Nigeria and 300k above as a married man or 200k naira monthly as a married lady, please for the sake of your kids born and unborn, do everything you can to leave Nigeria and migrate to any more promising country so that your children won't be caught up in the impending multiple economy and security crises + unemployment and hunger crises that will hit Nigeria in the next 20 years from today!

Don't say I didn't warn you because Nigeria has no future, the future of Nigeria look very scary and dark like total eclipse angry

It's quite unfortunate, Nigeria as a country does not make out plan for it future generation, take a vivid look at the population explosion and no commensurate plans. This is serious and nobody is talking about such a serious issues, in 2050 base on UN estimate Nigeria will overtake India in terms of population and our leaders are not thinking about the outcome,
Re: Aregbesola Directs NIS To Issue Passport Within 48 Hours by Studyinchina200(m): 10:36pm On Aug 30, 2019
You can get your passport same day at the Nigerian embassy in Beijing.

Very easy to get.

I don’t know why Nigerians back home are passing through these kind of difficulties.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Directs NIS To Issue Passport Within 48 Hours by Femeto: 10:37pm On Aug 30, 2019
Event with extra sorting I got mine in 2 weeks
Re: Aregbesola Directs NIS To Issue Passport Within 48 Hours by DedeNkem: 10:51pm On Aug 30, 2019
After the bribe him, you won't hear this again!
Re: Aregbesola Directs NIS To Issue Passport Within 48 Hours by shongy(m): 10:52pm On Aug 30, 2019
ednut1:
Future impossible tense

ROTFL
Re: Aregbesola Directs NIS To Issue Passport Within 48 Hours by OniyideAmplify(m): 11:12pm On Aug 30, 2019
Huhmmm..what a sigh of relief.. I applied for this stuff since July 1st and up till date I haven't receive any call or text from this body..And my collection date was 10days af
Re: Aregbesola Directs NIS To Issue Passport Within 48 Hours by OniyideAmplify(m): 11:14pm On Aug 30, 2019
Huhmmm..what a sigh of relief.. I applied for this stuff since July 1st and up till date I haven't receive any call or text from this body..And my collection date was 10days after my application which is 11th of dah same month..All I could hear is that they ate still printing that of those dah registered in March/April..Honorable Minister abeg help us out o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Directs NIS To Issue Passport Within 48 Hours by Damsonkc(m): 11:53pm On Aug 30, 2019
I applied for renewal for about 4 weeks now. I was there yesterday and I was told they there is no paper and they are still printing for applicants of June. I was also told to pay extra 40k if I need it fast. I gave up on this country years ago.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Directs NIS To Issue Passport Within 48 Hours by Bbdot(m): 11:59pm On Aug 30, 2019
Rauf is working
Re: Aregbesola Directs NIS To Issue Passport Within 48 Hours by indoorlove(m): 11:59pm On Aug 30, 2019
ednut1:
Future impossible tense
Very possible. I got my passport in 24hrs few years ago through back door , ofcourse
Re: Aregbesola Directs NIS To Issue Passport Within 48 Hours by Incandescent(m): 12:11am On Aug 31, 2019
Damsonkc:
I applied for renewal for about 4 weeks now. I was there yesterday and I was told they there is no paper and they are still printing for applicants of June. I was also told to pay extra 40k if I need it fast. I gave up on this country years ago.

My brother I have also given up on this country. I had to pay twice to get my passport after delay of five months. What have I gained from being a Nigerian if not stress & wahala. It is just disheartening
Re: Aregbesola Directs NIS To Issue Passport Within 48 Hours by Jalofun: 12:28am On Aug 31, 2019
Naija.. I hail o. When citizen of reasonable countries get their passport within 30 minutes.
Re: Aregbesola Directs NIS To Issue Passport Within 48 Hours by lekkan(m): 1:12am On Aug 31, 2019
Lmao
This country is a joke
Livefreeordieha:
it's 70k already funny thing is u will be told u will get 64pages but eventually is a con... U will get 32 pages.. And with alot of hassles... Last time I was in naija I spent 6months my passport expired my intention was to replace it in Berlin but I said ok lemme do it in naija no biggie but I learnt my lessons..

I have a reliable lady there now though..

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Directs NIS To Issue Passport Within 48 Hours by Livefreeordieha(m): 1:21am On Aug 31, 2019
lekkan:
Lmao
This country is a joke
u got no idea bro... It's a bananas story... U hear and experience ridiculous things
Re: Aregbesola Directs NIS To Issue Passport Within 48 Hours by ajl: 5:50am On Aug 31, 2019
Here is a scheme perpetrated by Nigerian embassies/consulates with Atlanta consulate as example going by my experience there in June.

-They tell you no passport-book for 10 years passport (see reason why below), because issuing such reduces yearly number of applicants and source of income from their scheme.
2. There is a business center just across the consulate building run by a Nigerian. I believe owner is likely an employee of the consulate or someone with ties to the consulate, or someone in the consulate is getting a cut from the business center.
- You are directed there to purchase money order, and this business center charged a fee of $10 for money order of $60 or thereabout which normally cost $0.60 elsewhere.
-They never clearly tell you on their website to come with self-addressed envelope since most applicants travel in from other cities. Now you are left to purchase self-addressed UPS courier envelope from the business center at higher cost. Their cost for a courier from Atlanta to Houston area where I live was significantly more than what I paid for a UPS courier from Canada to my Houston-area address with similar content. Its all designed to "extort" applicants. Of course one could go elsewhere but not likely if you are not familiar with the area or if you do not come with a vehicle like most out-of-state applicants.

The presence of that business close by would have been better appreciated and a blessing if not for the obvious extortionist prices and obvious collaboration of consulate staff. So, their refusal to issue 10yr valid passport is deliberate as this will reduce number of applicants coming to the consulate and amount of money that business center makes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Directs NIS To Issue Passport Within 48 Hours by Jones4190(m): 6:18am On Aug 31, 2019
ultimate77:
How much is that passport again?
32 page is just N25000 while 64 pages is N35000
Re: Aregbesola Directs NIS To Issue Passport Within 48 Hours by olajizz01(m): 6:19am On Aug 31, 2019
franchasng:
selling drugs to people willing to buy is more dignifying than killing fellow humans for money ritual, selfish, wicked tribe angry
The most wicked and fraudulent tribe is alleging other tribe
Re: Aregbesola Directs NIS To Issue Passport Within 48 Hours by Nobody: 7:00am On Aug 31, 2019
franchasng:
Another Yoruba man working for drug baron cum leader of Yorubas
The problem is many of you are just moving around with a blockhead. We'll see your head on the outside but nothing is working inside. After that comment I made, the only thing that came you your mind is this piece of tribalistic balderdash?

This forum isn't for someone like me, this why I seldomly reply empty skulls like you. Drown in your misery.
Re: Aregbesola Directs NIS To Issue Passport Within 48 Hours by hotspec(m): 7:48am On Aug 31, 2019
Adeyeyeaki:

There is different when you are dealing with a state which you are the sole dictatorship compare to dealing with 36 states in which you give account. Go and check the major high ranking officers in NIS are Hausas. They dictate the tune
surely, u don't know this man
Re: Aregbesola Directs NIS To Issue Passport Within 48 Hours by lilytender: 8:15am On Aug 31, 2019
muykem:
I have said it. Working with Rauf is like working in commercial banks. There's no idle time.

This is one man that Igbo miscreants have written off even before he assumed office

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Directs NIS To Issue Passport Within 48 Hours by Tomide59(m): 8:31am On Aug 31, 2019
I knew it before that you will definitely perform... Osun people no dey carry last. "Ti won ba fi omo we omo, ana kan pa"
more more strength to your elbows. @Mr Ogbeni.
Re: Aregbesola Directs NIS To Issue Passport Within 48 Hours by Boyooosa(m): 8:49am On Aug 31, 2019
omoluabi
Re: Aregbesola Directs NIS To Issue Passport Within 48 Hours by Boyooosa(m): 8:51am On Aug 31, 2019
Amuocha:
Sai Buhari... shocked

Our passport must be sealed in a nylon and delivered to individuals at the point of collection.

So Mr. Ogbeni Aregbesola has action shocked

Next is NIMC cards to be released within 24hours.

We will get there soon.
lets start from 2.4 years first, bikonu!
still holding since April 2015
Re: Aregbesola Directs NIS To Issue Passport Within 48 Hours by murmee: 9:36am On Aug 31, 2019
Amuocha:
Sai Buhari... shocked

Our passport must be sealed in a nylon and delivered to individuals at the point of collection.

So Mr. Ogbeni Aregbesola has action shocked

Next is NIMC cards to be released within 24hours.

We will get there soon.
Your submission is quite in order but regarding the NIMC, the most important thing is the NIMC NUMBER which is given within a week or two. You need the number more than the card!

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Directs NIS To Issue Passport Within 48 Hours by maasoap(m): 10:32am On Aug 31, 2019
MrCounselor:
Hope this isn't a toothless order.

Directions that will have no follow up.

oladele239:
Initial gragra

Aregbesola said: “From information available to me, it is possible with the right technology in place for Nigeria Immigration Service to issue international passports to applicants who have paid the official fees after forty eight hours. If there is any delay, the officials should communicate to the affected applicants .

“One of the ways to achieve this is to deploy the right technology and eliminate human contact in the passport issuance process. This way, we eliminate sharp practices and racketerring built around the process. This is the way to go and all officials should shun all forms of corruption in the discharge of their duties.

Stupid lazy mentality of a typical Nigeria youth. Where is the order? Where is the gragra? All I read up there is an opinion and it-is-possible attitude
Re: Aregbesola Directs NIS To Issue Passport Within 48 Hours by oladele239(m): 10:42am On Aug 31, 2019
maasoap:

Stupid lazy mentality of a typical Nigeria youth. Where is the order? Where is the gragra? All I read up there is an opinion and it-is-possible attitude

This is a public forum
Na u dey pay my tax?
Re: Aregbesola Directs NIS To Issue Passport Within 48 Hours by Lolbee: 10:43am On Aug 31, 2019
Thank God
My Grand mother was not treated well at the immigration office in Ibadan. My aged and sick grandmother who wants to go to the UK for family support and treatment was brought for capturing at the Ibadan office and after capturing, we were told to bring a doctor's report and all her medical test result to hasten the production of the passport. I got a report and I was told I should bring the copies of the test result.
Knowing fully well that there are medical ethicets, the doctors have not been totally responsive and these is still causing delay. They also said we should get a letter from the hospital she want to visit in the UK as this will hasten the production.

Why do we have to be to get a letter from another country before we could get our legal document as a citizen of Nigeria? I was also told that the letter should come from a tertiary hospital like UCH where she is not receiving treatment. Must we always lie or do things that are not truthful before getting a Nigerian Passport that we are automatically entitled to?

These really brought tears to my eyes that my grandmother was unnecessarily deprived of getting her entitled document from her own country.

God bless Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Directs NIS To Issue Passport Within 48 Hours by Incandescent(m): 10:53am On Aug 31, 2019
Lolbee:
Thank God
My Grand mother was not treated well at the immigration office in Ibadan. My aged and sick grandmother who wants to go to the UK for family support and treatment was brought for capturing at the Ibadan office and after capturing, we were told to bring a doctor's report and all her medical test result to hasten the production of the passport. I got a report and I was told I should bring the copies of the test result.
Knowing fully well that there are medical ethicets, the doctors have not been totally responsive and these is still causing delay. They also said we should get a letter from the hospital she want to visit in the UK as this will hasten the production.

Why do we have to be to get a letter from another country before we could get our legal document as a citizen of Nigeria? I was also told that the letter should come from a tertiary hospital like UCH where she is not receiving treatment. Must we always lie or do things that are not truthful before getting a Nigerian Passport that we are automatically entitled to?

These really brought tears to my eyes that my grandmother was unnecessarily deprived of getting her entitled document from her own country.

God bless Nigeria

This is indeed sad. Have you been able to get the passport for her now?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

#EndSARS: We Must Regulate Social Media Before It Destroys Us – Lai Mohammed / Ndigbo Settle For Atiku/Obi Ticket / Taye Fasuba Sentenced To Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.