Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,492 members, 7,836,918 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

123 Jigawa Men Sue Lagos For N1bn Over Detention - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 123 Jigawa Men Sue Lagos For N1bn Over Detention (16718 Views)

Okada Ban: Riders Sue Lagos Government / I Didn’t Sue FG For N1bn Over Home Invasion – Okorocha / Sowore: Washington Post Condemns Buhari Over Detention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 123 Jigawa Men Sue Lagos For N1bn Over Detention by puredigital(f): 6:41pm On Sep 02, 2019
What is this?

Do you need a writer? Check my signature
Re: 123 Jigawa Men Sue Lagos For N1bn Over Detention by Chiemela4sure(m): 6:41pm On Sep 02, 2019
Yawa don gas. Ana enwe obodo enwe.

1 Like

Re: 123 Jigawa Men Sue Lagos For N1bn Over Detention by blackboy(m): 6:41pm On Sep 02, 2019
Them no get case. With the security situation in the country nothing wrong with what was done.

2 Likes

Re: 123 Jigawa Men Sue Lagos For N1bn Over Detention by DrNueLpureHoney: 6:41pm On Sep 02, 2019
Gbese
Re: 123 Jigawa Men Sue Lagos For N1bn Over Detention by opportunities12(m): 6:42pm On Sep 02, 2019
Lawyers playing a "fast one" on them. In an event that they won the case, na to just give aboki's N100,000 each (N200 denominations) and the rest goes into their pocket. grin

3 Likes

Re: 123 Jigawa Men Sue Lagos For N1bn Over Detention by Kennitrust(m): 6:42pm On Sep 02, 2019
Say what say what...

Anything can happen in naija

1 Like

Re: 123 Jigawa Men Sue Lagos For N1bn Over Detention by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 02, 2019
In summary, the Lagos State Taskforce on Environmental Sanitation and Special Offences kidnapped and robbed 123 men coming from Jigawa state to lagos state.

When you detain someone wrongfully and dispossess them of their personal belongings and then set them free, you are a kidnapper and a thief.
Re: 123 Jigawa Men Sue Lagos For N1bn Over Detention by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 02, 2019
Lol stinking illiterate street homeless beggars. Lagos haff suffer

2 Likes

Re: 123 Jigawa Men Sue Lagos For N1bn Over Detention by daxclusive1: 6:49pm On Sep 02, 2019
This is Nigeria ���� aboki sued a whole Lagos grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: 123 Jigawa Men Sue Lagos For N1bn Over Detention by AnanseK(m): 6:49pm On Sep 02, 2019
hargbolahan01:
the Lagos state govt should just pay that N1B to jigawa govt and send those 123 back to jigawa to continue their suffering because the jigawa state govt won't give them out of the money...useless people
that's how they have been exporting insecurity to the south and they are bragging as if Lagos is their state and they think they can just come like some kidnappers and terrorists and think everything is alright

Lies
Re: 123 Jigawa Men Sue Lagos For N1bn Over Detention by rakumi(m): 6:50pm On Sep 02, 2019
I hope they win the case. Police brutality would reduce a whole lot..

But my church mind is telling me as per it's Naija, anything can happen.
Re: 123 Jigawa Men Sue Lagos For N1bn Over Detention by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 02, 2019
Is it possible to sue the Nigerian police for wrongful detention?
Re: 123 Jigawa Men Sue Lagos For N1bn Over Detention by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 02, 2019
THEY ARE SURE TO LOOSE FROM HERE TO WHERE EVER.WITH THE SECURITY THREATS EVERYWHERE,NO RESPONSIBLE GOVT WILL SEE YOUNG PEOPLE PACKED LIKE THAT AND NOT ASK QUESTIONS.THEY ARE FORTUNATE THAT WE ARE TOLERANT HERE UNLIKE MY PEOPLE FROM THE LAND OF RISING SUN.

2 Likes

Re: 123 Jigawa Men Sue Lagos For N1bn Over Detention by rakumi(m): 6:51pm On Sep 02, 2019
daxclusive1:
This is Nigeria ���� aboki sued a whole Lagos grin cheesy cheesy

Nonetheless, they're Nigerians. They feel they deserved a better treatment, it's their right to it.
Re: 123 Jigawa Men Sue Lagos For N1bn Over Detention by Olorunnim: 6:52pm On Sep 02, 2019
Where did these dogs with no rope in their neck want to reap where they did not sow? Lagos state government did should Repatriate them joor, Ahha but the law. Oja mi lara je Awon eranko jati jati.
Re: 123 Jigawa Men Sue Lagos For N1bn Over Detention by AnanseK(m): 6:53pm On Sep 02, 2019
kunmiiii:
Some useless ambulance chasers called lawyers now want to milk this incident and extort the Lagos State Govt, the police did the right thing, given the insecurity across the country, it's a cause for alarm having such large number of people probably without documentation coming into a State like refugees, and they were not detained more than 48hrs which is still within the ambit of the law, so what's their case? The lives and security of almost 20million Lagosians trumps 123 people abeg.

Rubbish, when criminals from the east come in hundreds in buses you never pay attention.
Re: 123 Jigawa Men Sue Lagos For N1bn Over Detention by rakumi(m): 6:55pm On Sep 02, 2019
maoolakanm:
THEY ARE SURE TO LOOSE FROM HERE TO WHERE EVER.WITH THE SECURITY THREATS EVERYWHERE,NO RESPONSIBLE GOVT WILL SEE YOUNG PEOPLE PACKED LIKE THAT AND NOT ASK QUESTIONS.THEY ARE FORTUNATE THAT WE ARE TOLERANT HERE UNLIKE MY PEOPLE FROM THE LAND OF RISING SUN.

How you guys bring in tribalism to this is discerning..
Stop promoting Tribalism.
Re: 123 Jigawa Men Sue Lagos For N1bn Over Detention by rakumi(m): 6:57pm On Sep 02, 2019
Y'all calling them the minority now and their opinions don't matter, would in return want to be taken as a majority when you go to their state..

Stop promoting tribalism
Re: 123 Jigawa Men Sue Lagos For N1bn Over Detention by madenigga(m): 7:02pm On Sep 02, 2019
to me why north like suffer, how much for bus, why would over 100people squeeze themselves inside a trailer and say they are traveling, northerners do this all the time, for reasons known to them.

I wont lie we and this people no be the same one bit

1 Like

Re: 123 Jigawa Men Sue Lagos For N1bn Over Detention by Originalsly: 7:02pm On Sep 02, 2019
[quote author=Abdul05 post=81856038

Coming to Lagos like packs of savage dogs.was that the normal way of coming to Lagos?so no commercial buses in jigawa state

[/quote]

Is there a law saying how one should enter Lagos? Maybe that's how they were reasoning and went about arresting the men and seizing their bikes. Now let them face the consequences and you... the taxpayer pay for the foolishness.

1 Like

Re: 123 Jigawa Men Sue Lagos For N1bn Over Detention by madenigga(m): 7:04pm On Sep 02, 2019
AnanseK:

Rubbish, when criminals from the east come in hundreds in buses you never pay attention.
look who's calling Easterners criminals, una way don' rule this country for over 50years, yet your people are busy kidnapping, stealing, killing and raping people in all the states in Nigeria and people who have never ruled this country for once, who amongst these two set of people are the real criminals? undecided
Re: 123 Jigawa Men Sue Lagos For N1bn Over Detention by madenigga(m): 7:05pm On Sep 02, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:
Is it possible to sue the Nigerian police for wrongful detention?
if nigerian police pay them, that means all of us would start suing too

1 Like

Re: 123 Jigawa Men Sue Lagos For N1bn Over Detention by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 02, 2019
madenigga:

if nigerian police pay them, that means all of us would start suing too
So they're immune and above the law. No wonder they've been killing Nigerian citizens with reckless abandon.
Re: 123 Jigawa Men Sue Lagos For N1bn Over Detention by madenigga(m): 7:08pm On Sep 02, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:
So they're immune and above the law. No wonder they've been killing Nigerian citizens with reckless abandon.
i didnt say they are immune, but the Nigerian police i know, if them pay u thank God
Re: 123 Jigawa Men Sue Lagos For N1bn Over Detention by AdonaiAluminium: 7:08pm On Sep 02, 2019
The state govt should just negotiate and settle with them out of court

Contact us for all your roofing jobs, roof maintenance services, insulated roofing sheets and panels etc
Re: 123 Jigawa Men Sue Lagos For N1bn Over Detention by comradewanle(m): 7:11pm On Sep 02, 2019
1shortblackboy:
I think the police were right to detain and interrogate them. But the problem is Nigeria police love for media. This culture of parading people before cameras is illegal and unconstitutional

You're right. The interrogation should have been done without media. na over sabi want kill them. But the money is too much nah..

1 Like

Re: 123 Jigawa Men Sue Lagos For N1bn Over Detention by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 02, 2019
Abdul05:
Coming to Lagos like packs of savage dogs.was that the normal way of coming to Lagos?so no commercial buses in jigawa state

Aboki de use bus?

1 Like

Re: 123 Jigawa Men Sue Lagos For N1bn Over Detention by 9jaRealist: 7:23pm On Sep 02, 2019
NEXT LEVEL...
What LASG gets for detaining Buhari’s voters.
grin grin grin
>
Re: 123 Jigawa Men Sue Lagos For N1bn Over Detention by renewable1(m): 7:23pm On Sep 02, 2019
Hmm! It's well.

We have solar power system as low as 135k..
Check my signature.
Re: 123 Jigawa Men Sue Lagos For N1bn Over Detention by Maxymilliano(m): 7:24pm On Sep 02, 2019
So d downtrodden helpless123 jigawa men dat cannot pay ordinary transport fare to travel comfortably like normal human beings now have the financial means to sue a big,vibrant n economically advanced state like lagos state Chai...dis country is truly a joke.
Re: 123 Jigawa Men Sue Lagos For N1bn Over Detention by sisisioge: 7:25pm On Sep 02, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin

Awon arindin!
Re: 123 Jigawa Men Sue Lagos For N1bn Over Detention by 9jaRealist: 7:28pm On Sep 02, 2019
Thor2025:
I don't care if mallam nor get sense or nor know book, these people did not deserve to and should never have been treated like that. The cameras and all weren't necessary. It just appeared like they already assumed that they were probably extremists and decided to make a mockery of them. I blame the president in all of this. He's virtually non-existent and his reluctance to tackle the security issues is breading fear and suspicion in every quater.

Meanwhile, follow my signature if interested in making money through Fiverr.

What is this Nigerian obsession with secrecy, and doing everything undercover?
TRANSPARENCY is a GOOD thing, and it’s GOOD all this was done PUBLICLY and above board.
>

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG, Cement Manufacturers Agree On Discount Charge For 300,000 Low Cost Houses / Oyo Jailbreak: 13 Fleeing Oyo Inmates Rearrested In Osun / Osun State Government Suspends Weekly Markets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.