Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,910 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Why Faith Is Delusional - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Faith Is Delusional (10492 Views)

Why Faith Is An Unreliable Way Of Determining Truth / See Why Faith Healers Can't Be Employed By Hospitals / Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by shadeyinka(m): 10:11pm On Sep 07, 2019
budaatum:

I "advocate" for Christ because, in my own opinion, your arguments are way too juvenile for that which you defend, and by your doing such a sloppy job you give them ammunition to use against the rest of us.

Is it not written that if they seek, they too shall find? Yet, here you are asking a blind person who seeks not to see that which the Lord God Almighty has given you the Grace to see.

If Jesus was as sloppy as you are being, we might have crucified the Sadducees and the Pharisees and the High Priests and Pilate instead of our Lord and Messiah Jesus Christ, which I'm sure you'd agree would have been a waste of wood since none of them are for salvation. In fact, I doubt we would have gotten that far because he just might have fallen to the temptations of the World and the Flesh and the Devil and no one would have heard of him.

And that apart from the fact that if one claims knowledge of Christ and bothers having enemies, one should love them even more than one loves one's neighbours, for that is the evidence that there is indeed a Lord God Almighty in Heaven.
You have spoken some hard words but I am willing to learn.

Although, I wish you hadn't trolled me on for so long by sending me a PM.

I stopped preaching to Atheists a long time ago and that is because they ridicule everything you say from the scriptures or the explanation of the plan of God for their salvation.

But I also notice how militant and intimidating they are especially to young believers when they try to convince them of the superiority of science and the inferiority of faith. Thus I took the stance of checkmating their argument.

But you were once an atheist: I never was an atheist so you'll have better experience.

So, PM me and explain a number of things I wouldn't want to state here.

Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by budaatum: 10:31pm On Sep 07, 2019
shadeyinka:

You have spoken some hard words but I am willing to learn.

Although, I wish you hadn't trolled me on for so long by sending me a PM.

I stopped preaching to Atheists a long time ago and that is because they ridicule everything you say from the scriptures or the explanation of the plan of God for their salvation.

But I also notice how militant and intimidating they are especially to young believers when they try to convince them of the superiority of science and the inferiority of faith. Thus I took the stance of checkmating their argument.

But you were once an atheist: I never was an atheist so you'll have better experience.

So, PM me and explain a number of things I wouldn't want to state here.

Thanks
Do forgive the hard words and the trolling. I do believe in you, but I do not do pm conversations so say what you have to say here so we can all learn.

I doubt you can ever stop preaching to atheists, but arguing the "inferiority of faith" - especially if by faith is meant the unseen - against the "superiority of science", which is that understood by the use of the senses, is like claiming a blind person sees better that a non-blind person, which, if you trully pay attention, you will see is untrue. Or does my blind Lord see that which shadeyinka sees with his unblind Jesus eyes?

1 Like

Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by shadeyinka(m): 11:12pm On Sep 07, 2019
budaatum:

Do forgive the hard words and the trolling. I do believe in you, but I do not do pm conversations so say what you have to say here so we can all learn.

I doubt you can ever stop preaching to atheists, but arguing the "inferiority of faith" - especially if by faith is meant the unseen - against the "superiority of science", which is that understood by the use of the senses, is like claiming a blind person sees better that a non-blind person, which, if you trully pay attention, you will see is untrue. Or does my blind Lord see that which shadeyinka sees with his unblind Jesus eyes?
Ok but Hard words are sometimes necessary to correct our wrong. You aren't at fault.

Some clarifications though
1. I believe in the reality of both the Physical Realm and the Spiritual Realm
2. I also believe that sensing instruments for both realms are very different
3. I believe there is a place for Physical knowledge of which Science is just one AND a place for Spiritual knowledge which would include the Logos, Rhema and spiritual experiences
4. There is no bases of comparison between spiritual knowledge and Physical knowledge for both are important in their own realm.

I don't think I've argued the inferiority or superiority of faith over science or vice versa. Or maybe I don't understand you.

Now back to the issue on ground (although I still wish it was a private exchange)
You said:
1. Your arguments are way too juvenile for that which you defend.
How do you mean?
All I wanted was to show how Science leads to a dead end and the fact that Atheists and Theists must have to rely on faith at a point.

2. Your doing such a sloppy job you give them ammunition to use against the rest of us.
a. What kind of ammunition do you think I am giving them?
b. What would you consider as a better strategy

3. Speaking about loving Atheists
How could it be on a faceless forum like NL?

Like I said, I used to think I could evangelize among them until I saw that they weren't hearing nor listening but they were bent on applying the strategy of gang ups and ridicule to anything that involves the faith
Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by budaatum: 12:35am On Sep 08, 2019
shadeyinka:

You said:
1. Your arguments are way too juvenile for that which you defend.
How do you mean?
All I wanted was to show how Science leads to a dead end and the fact that Atheists and Theists must have to rely on faith at a point.
If you've followed my trolling, you'd notice I very simply define Science as the "use of the senses".

How can the use of the senses therefore "lead to a dead" end?

Does the use of the senses not do the opposite of lead one to dead ends, in fact, and enable ine see where ine is going?

shadeyinka:

2. Your doing such a sloppy job you give them ammunition to use against the rest of us.
a. What kind of ammunition do you think I am giving them?
We are the people of the Word. We are being sloppy when we use words in a sloppy manner without attempting to understand what the words we use mean to us and what they might mean to them, and even more sloppy when we fail to understand what the words they may use mean to them might differ from what those words mean to us. We are sloppy when we fail to recognise this very human mistake and they end up using our sloppiness against us.

shadeyinka:

b. What would you consider as a better strategy

3. Speaking about loving Atheists
How could it be on a faceless forum like NL?

How can faith be had in me or the Gospel of the Lord of Love if I preach it with the fruits of satan?

A better strategy is for me to fully understand that which I preach. After all, if my Gospel is true, the Holy Spirit should minister to me so I know how to minister to others effectively by even giving me the words that I should use.

How do I who worships a God in Heaven whom no one has seen, love on a "faceless forum like NL"?

I can only love that which I know and understand, so I must understand first that those I label are human beings like me, individuals on a "faceless forum like NL", and creations of my own Lord God Almighty regardless of what they might think, believe or say, and that whatsoever I do to them must be pleasing to my own God.

I can love them the same way I love my unseen God, of course, the God who commanded me to love my neighbours and my enemies even more. All I have to do is determine which of these two the atheist is - my enemy or my neighbour, or both - to determine how much more I must love them.

It is improper for me to preach the Gospel of "Be Perfect" to those who have not read the Gospel of "Be Perfect", and if I am not even trying to Be Perfect, according to a Gospel I claim to believe, then I am a hypocrite.

shadeyinka:
Like I said, I used to think I could evangelize among them until I saw that they weren't hearing nor listening but they were bent on applying the strategy of gang ups and ridicule to anything that involves the faith
Having been an atheist, I would suggest you consider that they do listen and do hear you, just that the theistic words you use mean nothing to them, though, I would suggest you yourself first seek to understand that which you preach.

Gone is the time when you can say you are going up the mountain, they should stay at the bottom because they are unworthy to see God and believe what you come down and tell them a la Moses. Or that the Kingdom of God is at hand a la John and they all come running to God. Even "give your life to Christ", has become meaningless unless one knows what Christ and life might actually signify.

No one said winning souls was easy but the Lord strengthens.
Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by shadeyinka(m): 4:25am On Sep 08, 2019
budaatum:

If you've followed my trolling, you'd notice I very simply define Science as the "use of the senses".

How can the use of the senses therefore "lead to a dead" end?

Does the use of the senses not do the opposite of lead one to dead ends, in fact, and enable ine see where ine is going?

We are the people of the Word. We are being sloppy when we use words in a sloppy manner without attempting to understand what the words we use mean to us and what they might mean to them, and even more sloppy when we fail to understand what the words they may use mean to them might differ from what those words mean to us. We are sloppy when we fail to recognise this very human mistake and they end up using our sloppiness against us.

How can faith be had in me or the Gospel of the Lord of Love if I preach it with the fruits of satan?

A better strategy is for me to fully understand that which I preach. After all, if my Gospel is true, the Holy Spirit should minister to me so I know how to minister to others effectively by even giving me the words that I should use.

How do I who worships a God in Heaven whom no one has seen, love on a "faceless forum like NL"?

I can only love that which I know and understand, so I must understand first that those I label are human beings like me, individuals on a "faceless forum like NL", and creations of my own Lord God Almighty regardless of what they might think, believe or say, and that whatsoever I do to them must be pleasing to my own God.

I can love them the same way I love my unseen God, of course, the God who commanded me to love my neighbours and my enemies even more. All I have to do is determine which of these two the atheist is - my enemy or my neighbour, or both - to determine how much more I must love them.

It is improper for me to preach the Gospel of "Be Perfect" to those who have not read the Gospel of "Be Perfect", and if I am not even trying to Be Perfect, according to a Gospel I claim to believe, then I am a hypocrite.

Having been an atheist, I would suggest you consider that they do listen and do hear you, just that the theistic words you use mean nothing to them, though, I would suggest you yourself first seek to understand that which you preach.

Gone is the time when you can say you are going up the mountain, they should stay at the bottom because they are unworthy to see God and believe what you come down and tell them a la Moses. Or that the Kingdom of God is at hand a la John and they all come running to God. Even "give your life to Christ", has become meaningless unless one knows what Christ and life might actually signify.

No one said winning souls was easy but the Lord strengthens.
I wouldn't say I understood complete everything you said but trusting God, I'll review my strategy. I certainly know that no one really wins a person by winning an argument. It's just that at a point, like I said, I stopped being evangelistic to those I consider as "missionary Atheists" and deal with them on the bases of science, logics and philosophy.
I guess it's time for a review.

However, you've not really said what touches the conscience of Atheists; for the gospel requires a living conscience on which the Holy Spirit do the work of conviction.

I pray that as the Lord brought you out, He'll bring out many militant Atheists on Nairaland. AMEN!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by MrPresident1: 8:18am On Sep 08, 2019
shadeyinka:

I wouldn't say I understood complete everything you said but trusting God, I'll review my strategy. I certainly know that no one really wins a person by winning an argument. It's just that at a point, like I said, I stopped being evangelistic to those I consider as "missionary Atheists" and deal with them on the bases of science, logics and philosophy.

However, you've not really said what touches the conscience of Atheists; for the gospel requires a living conscience on which the Holy Spirit do the work of conviction.

I pray that as the Lord brought you out, He'll bring out many militant Atheists on Nairaland. AMEN!

You like arguing too much, kai!

Asteroid is coming, before 30th September 2019, protect your skull in Jesus
Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by EmperorHarry: 1:54pm On Sep 08, 2019
budaatum:

No one is telling anybody what or whether they should believe or not, or rather, no one can, not here. We are here because we feel the need to announce our opinions to an external audience, and once we've done so, we know opinions on it will be offered, so please stop with the "why are they asking for evidence of my God", when na me carry my God go dem face! They must ask, unless I'm relying on some superpower to strike them dumb of course.

Anyone who don't want people to ask about their God should go do their God in the privacy of their home and not here on a public forum!
I'm in no way discouraging those who are keen on the need for proof and evidence from theists.Infact,this is the highly recommended as it not only puts theists on their feet after spending hundreds of years dependent on accounts from people who existed long ago as justification for their faith,it also takes the bone of contention (who is right/wrong) from the religious level and brings about a united front from different religious faiths in order to provide answers to the questions atheists are asking.My point buda is that when one does more than just ask questions but seeks to debunk theism as a whole through materialism,then one is no longer a neutral atheist and should be open to questioning which shadeyinka was doing.I said it was the wrong person because LordReed maintained he didn't have any intentions of providing evidence against theistic claims on the subject matter(I think).

Yes, I said, clearly, I hope. Why should I think that anyone in particular can "provide answers"? Do I not have senses of my own to see that many answers have been provided over the entire history of time and from there reason that many more answers will be provided in the future and so therefore find my own answers? Or is this due to your presumption of the nonbiased perfect science and not science as done by we imperfect humans some chose to believe? Such "thinking" does point to an either/or mode of thinking as shown in your "counter", and your "materialistic nature of science", the popular strawman many harp about called the theist/atheist debate as had by some, especially where science seems to be concerned.
I don't really get what your saying here but modern science is based on empiricism.God cannot be measured,observed or physically sensed and as such,God theories aren't deemed scientific.Even ID proponents aren't necessarily deemed scientific.

"Science" does not have a "material nature" alone, having evolved from the reasoning of the mind, as in "how we thought things were with very little observation of the material physical evidence" (C.f. Plato, Aristotle, Genesis) into the increased use of the mind and improved use of the senses, both with which we have observed a lot understood a lot more today. You must have heard of theoretical science and philosophical sciences, I pressume. But it is the theist who is comical in this regard here. Or what should we say about a theist who attempts to subject the Lord God to the material atheist's weights and measures?
I get you here buda,but the way scientists are today,there are strict rules that guide what is deemed scientific or not.Formal sciences is the closet form of nonempirical evidenced science under morden science. Some atheists don't readily view science in the same light that you see it,buda.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by budaatum: 2:40pm On Sep 08, 2019
shadeyinka:

What "touched" me was evidence. As an atheist, there was no way I was going to bow down and worship some nonsense god I never had evidence for, nor was I going to bow to the usual idols - a book, cross, mog, etc. So, metaphorically speaking, when Moses told the 70 to wait he alone was going up the mountain to see God, atheist I said, "Moses, wait up, I'm coming too". And when I was told I was unworthy to go before God and should wait with the 70, I emphatically said "no! It's my creator too, crappy as I am, so we going together". And I went up the mountain with Moses and cannot now deny what I saw.

My point here is God created me to be the atheist I was, and when God had had enough of me being an atheist, knowing what was required to make me change, God done it and here I am, and by the Grace of God and not by my own doing, which was even to the contrary, or that of any individual evangelist, though, funny enough, some credit to Tatime, and to everyone else.

I must remember that those I discuss with here are also creations of God, and if I stupidly decide to make them my enemies, I am just giving myself unnecessary work to love them more than my neighbours even. So It's either work more, or I'm free to crucify Christ and return to my atheism and hate those the Lord God made. The Lord will please, perfect us all.

No one said worshipping God is easy, Shade, for the more God blesses one the more God requires of one, Christianity being, "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect".

So, on your "evangelistic". Christ advised that "In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven".

Please know that all this conversation, or rather, trolling, is subject to Holy Spirit sanction. If you receive no confirmation in your heart, it is satan buda that has spoken!
Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by LordReed(m): 3:15pm On Sep 08, 2019
EmperorHarry:
I said it was the wrong person because LordReed maintained he didn't have any intentions of providing evidence against theistic claims on the subject matter(I think).

What do you mean by theistic claims?
Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by EmperorHarry: 3:54pm On Sep 08, 2019
LordReed:

What do you mean by theistic claims?
The Hand of God version to fill the gaps.
Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by shadeyinka(m): 5:33pm On Sep 08, 2019
budaatum:

What "touched" me was evidence. As an atheist, there was no way I was going to bow down and worship some nonsense god I never had evidence for, nor was I going to bow to the usual idols - a book, cross, mog, etc. So, metaphorically speaking, when Moses told the 70 to wait he alone was going up the mountain to see God, atheist I said, "Moses, wait up, I'm coming too". And when I was told I was unworthy to go before God and should wait with the 70, I emphatically said "no! It's my creator too, crappy as I am, so we going together". And I went up the mountain with Moses and cannot now deny what I saw.

My point here is God created me to be the atheist I was, and when God had had enough of me being an atheist, knowing what was required to make me change, God done it and here I am, and by the Grace of God and not by my own doing, which was even to the contrary, or that of any individual evangelist, though, funny enough, some credit to Tatime, and to everyone else.

I must remember that those I discuss with here are also creations of God, and if I stupidly decide to make them my enemies, I am just giving myself unnecessary work to love them more than my neighbours even. So It's either work more, or I'm free to crucify Christ and return to my atheism and hate those the Lord God made. The Lord will please, perfect us all.

No one said worshipping God is easy, Shade, for the more God blesses one the more God requires of one, Christianity being, "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect".

So, on your "evangelistic". Christ advised that "In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven".

Please know that all this conversation, or rather, trolling, is subject to Holy Spirit sanction. If you receive no confirmation in your heart, it is satan buda that has spoken!
What a testimony!
I'm kind of feeling that nothing but God can redeem a conc Atheist except the Atheist is genuinely seeking for the truth.

I read up almost all your threads last night. It seems your turning point occured not too long ago. Anyway, I wish you the best.

You should be prepared for some storms o. Except you have been given a grace of devine protection. If it happens, it's normal: you are only expected to fight your way out. It's a spiritual war Bro: every Christian would prefer to be sent to the command office or the kitchen or somewhere well behind the frontline. Unfortunately, we don't decide where we are posted. It could be in a terrain where one would have to stay for months in a muddy foxholes with shell coming to our location day and night.

Thanks for your encouraging words

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by shadeyinka(m): 5:39pm On Sep 08, 2019
MrPresident1:

You like arguing too much, kai!

Asteroid is coming, before 30th September 2019, protect your skull in Jesus
You too haven't changed a bit.

Don't forget the blood moons have come and gone. Yes we should study eschatology, but we should be open to us misunderstanding the codes. Don't forget that it was kept in codes not because of believers but because of satan and his hosts.

Of course, when the time is truly come, we'll understand

Shalom and Maranatha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by MrPresident1: 6:56pm On Sep 08, 2019
shadeyinka:

You too haven't changed a bit.

Don't forget the blood moons have come and gone. Yes we should study eschatology, but we should be open to us misunderstanding the codes. Don't forget that it was kept in codes not because of believers but because of satan and his hosts.

Of course, when the time is truly come, we'll understand

Shalom and Maranatha

Jesus Christ is the firstfruits of the dead, he has risen. The Lamb of God has broken the codes.

Just protect your skull in Jesus
Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by budaatum: 6:58pm On Sep 08, 2019
shadeyinka:

What a testimony!
I'm kind of feeling that nothing but God can redeem a conc Atheist except the Atheist is genuinely seeking for the truth.

I read up almost all your threads last night. It seems your turning point occured not too long ago. Anyway, I wish you the best.
Almost all my threads, Lol! See what I mean by "despite my own effort" and "against my will"? I did not intend it as a "testimony"! Turning point was January 2019, though looking back it began a very long time ago. While atheist me had concluded through much searching that there were certainly no gods, God was training me to become a seeker all along. And one thing certain about we humans is we cannot deny what we have seen however much we try.

I myself have heard it said that only Jesus saves, so, for me is to, after making as certain as I possibly can that the seed I cast are good seeds and that the soil is good soil and without wasting any on paths with no soil or on rocky ground with little soil or soil which contained thorns, to faithfully sow in hope that Christ will find them worthy of thirtyfolding and sixtyfoldng and a hundredfolding etc if He Wills. And if they don't, it's my fault, I failed, and must try harder next time!

Thank you Yinka. I very much enjoyed trolling you, and the very best to you too.
Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by budaatum: 7:44pm On Sep 08, 2019
shadeyinka:

You should be prepared for some storms o. Except you have been given a grace of devine protection.
My own "Surround Me" is Oluwa.
I am instilled with Centurionic Faith.
Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by shadeyinka(m): 8:32pm On Sep 08, 2019
budaatum:

My own "Surround Me" is Oluwa.
I am instilled with Centurionic Faith.

More grace to you sir, in Jesus Name

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by Darevofpeace(m): 8:36pm On Sep 08, 2019
My faith in God is well proven,it's straight 33years of my experience with God, this is my story......

The Supernatural Wonders Of God's Word In My Life.

After several years of many hurtful memories, admission delay of six years,need to deal with low self esteem for ten years,failed childhood dreams.
When you feel so unfortunate among other siblings because you kind of have multiple slowness as life progresses,unrealized expectations,failed relationship of three years,bouts of carry over's as an undergraduate,your assumed best friend and roommate dating your ex. girlfriend two weeks after breakup while he did settles the fights between us then.
I was hurting real bad and my entire World seems crashing. I had emotional pains in my heart and dark memories seems to torture my mind.I begin to search for the 'meaning of life'
I myself knew this is not the life I had ever envisaged as a child.I knew life is full of unprecedented challenges but when i did cast a deep reflection of my years on earth, I saw that I had never been free of major setback's within the space of sixty day's in thirty years.
When a die hard optimist tends to feel depressed for months and all you do is to wake up at night to shed silent tears,because you seems to have lost a decade compared to what your friend had achieved,i'm not making any comparison with my friends achievement but that interval of ten years seems outrageous.
When you are not even in any relationship less of picking a wedding date when the youngest of your peers way back is already having his second child.You are been called upon by your aunties and uncle's about you settling down.Sometimes I stopped picking up there calls because I knew it is all about getting married.I had given them several excuses that my take home pay only drop me off at my bus stop,there is no excess cash to spend after paying all bill's.
After I clocked thirty I did prayed to God that I do not want to continue to live my entire life in woes, pains, bad memories and emotional damages.I also searched all scriptures and discovered that many biblical world changers started at age thirty.
Joseph became the Egyptian Prime Minister, Jesus commenced his ministry at same age,David became a king also,Joshua too,age thirty seems to be the age of a man breaking out of all 'demonic oppressions' then I knew if I do not want to die young from relating to unsettled mind and pains of unrealized goals, ambitions and dreams, I need to do something fast.
I was a Christian in all these and I am yet to renounce Jesus Christ till date, but the fact I want to point out to my readers is just that 'you would never grow into spiritual maturity' until you learn to sit,read and meditate on God's word daily.But I was too tired of repetitive failures in life and I knew I was already stucked in the journey called life.
Two weeks after my passing out as a youth corp member,I did a massive transfer of about sixty audios of Bishop David Oyedepo's teachings of the 2014 Shiloh to my phone.I am emphasizing him because right as a late teen,he had been my most admired among all the Nigerian Men of God.Bishop Oyedepo had been my 'role model'
Despite my introverted nature,I love papa so much,I keep wondering how such a man preaches like one who has authority, he is so full of confidence and he has evidence of God's faithfulness all around him,let's forget the issue of him having four private jet's as people do talk about,"when we see a Legend who had stood the test of time" let's learn to appreciate them.
Moreover,no member of his church whom I know complains about that,though I am not his church member but I have all his books in my personal library and why would I complain about the many jet's he fly's when my dad's jet is not missing (lol)
What I had discovered about this Man of God is that he simplified the bible and made Christianity seems to me as a life of 'all winning edge's' I started winning in my Christian journey when I did start to practice all his teachings.
He taught me basic financial intelligence, discovery of purpose,time management,passion exploration and a Christian having an outstanding mindset in solving daily life challenges by you having a solid understanding of the 'transformative power of God's word' in you.
I have done all unpaid advert for papa,let me keep on with my discussion.After I started to listen to all his teachings on my phone,I was so diligent to come out of all yesteryears pains so while on my way to work,the earpiece is in my ears, at office break hour,
while washing, while taking a nap,while eating,even sometimes when I am about to sleep.
I shut my self down online,and aside having to attend to things which involves other people, the moment I am left alone,I repeat the audios again with my earpiece in hand.
Unconsciously after about one year of listening to those teachings, I did not noticed that my life had picked up,I discovered that God had revisited my dark past and all unpleasant memories, I begin to feel more energized and well relaxed and I sleep soundly,along that my midnight secret tears stopped,my mind got a supernatural transformation and my words did changed.
I knew there is definitely a light on the tunnel and that the future is going to be awesome and that the light at the tunnel of life is not an oncoming train hitting me.
Even my friends, neighbour's and family seems to comment about how radiant I seems to look like,friends there is a 'healing power' in God's word and it settles all life predicaments easily.Not until I took the word of God so serious, my life was stucked.
I did write this because it was a period I would ever remember. The year was between 2015-2016 when I did listened to those teachings of papa,the funny thing was that after the period of that one year,my phone got spoilt, as a result of it falling inside water while washing when the earpiece is plugged and all that.
As I conclude,it's not that I had stopped facing more challenges, but as of today as I write, I have the wisdom and strength to know what to do to come out of all my predicament compared to been swept everywhere like the ocean waves year in year out.
What I discovered in life is that there are only three things the devil stays cleared off,the wisdom of God's word,the devil has principalities and powers but he dare not contest with the 'wisdom of God' called Jesus,the mystery behind Jesus death and redemption and your sacrificial giving to promote anything associated with Jesus Christ at anyplace you found yourself.
Many people know what to do,the only problem is that they do not know how to do it?"direction in life is the mother of all destiny transformational change "this is why African youths need at least a 'mentor' in there lives.Good morning Naija.
Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by shadeyinka(m): 8:41pm On Sep 08, 2019
budaatum:

Almost all my threads, Lol! See what I mean by "despite my own effort" and "against my will"? I did not intend it as a "testimony"! Turning point was January 2019, though looking back it began a very long time ago. While atheist me had concluded through much searching that there were certainly no gods, God was training me to become a seeker all along. And one thing certain about we humans is we cannot deny what we have seen however much we try.

I myself have heard it said that only Jesus saves, so, for me is to, after making as certain as I possibly can that the seed I cast are good seeds and that the soil is good soil and without wasting any on paths with no soil or on rocky ground with little soil or soil which contained thorns, to faithfully sow in hope that Christ will find them worthy of thirtyfolding and sixtyfoldng and a hundredfolding etc if He Wills. And if they don't, it's my fault, I failed, and must try harder next time!

Thank you Yinka. I very much enjoyed trolling you, and the very best to you too.
And I pray that your fruit would abound and multiply to God's Glory.

I just wonder: what was the reaction of the other Atheists you used to fraternize with before? Did they try to ask why? They know you and some of them had accused you of reading too much (I read too but not up to 5% of what you read: I've narrowed down to simple things). Your testimony to them could be a powerful tool in the hands of God's Spirit.

Stay blessed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by Darevofpeace(m): 8:42pm On Sep 08, 2019
Another faith story of mine........

Activating Angelic Intervention As Humans On Earth Volume 1

Angelic interventions are real and right after the creation of heaven and the earth,God have been sending angels in the form of human who have come to restore, repair and replenish the whole earth.
Looking at the massive nature around us,the Sun, Moon,Stars, Shrubs and trees. We should notice that all things as made by God works in harmony,they are systemic in there natural order.
The Sun comes out to shine in the early hours of the morning and the moon comes out to light up the dark cloud at night.The Stars sparks the clouds up and makes it glisters as pure shining light.
Life has never been so complicated as we have now.Human has broken so many laws of natural order and we are yet to recover from the harvest of the inputs.
God has always been a God of order,He is called the Alpha and The Omega (the beginning and the ending).He who has made the heaven and the whole earth knew all the works of His hands indepth and He has sent human to occupy the territory of the flesh and replicate things as been done in the heavenlies.
The commandment as given to Adam and Eve was to go and replenish the whole earth,dominate and multiply the works of nature.
Back to the main subject of discussion.Growing up as a child, I do get amazed in my mind of seeing beautiful angels physically.
After I had read several biblical stories about the works,actions and missions of flaming angels then I began to secretly desires such supernatural experience in my personal life.
Till date,I am yet to see an angel in there physical form and I doubt if such an occurrence would ever happen to a man of the flesh.Why ? Angels are spirit and they are best described when you see them in your dreams,visions and revelations.
I would share some of my experiences about angelic interventions in my life.In the year 2008,I was on my way to my church on a beautiful Sunday morning.I attends a RCCG parish and we have over 500 Parishes in my city.
I was already late for a service and I needed to get an okada rider so as to beat the time of service.While I kept walking, a bike man packed beside me of whom I never called.He asked me to sit on the bike.I asked him,do you know where I am going ?
He replied that I should not worry.The most amazing experience was that the bike man took me to the particular parish I attend without charging a dime.
You might assumed that maybe the man knew me before hand.I had never met him before that Sunday and I had never set my eyes on him ever since.
After this experience,I begin to have a paradigm shift about angelic interventions and I got to understand that maybe God has sent some angels in human forms and they were meant to continue the mission God gave to men.
In the biblical account of Gen.6:1-2 " And it came to pass,when men began to multiply on the face of the earth ,and daughters were born unto them,that the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair ; and they took them wives of all which they chose"
This particular verse of the bible made us to know that the angelic activities in the form of human are still well pronounced till date.
Can you imagine the type of genetic make up of the children those angels would give birth to.The type of supernatural wisdom, intelligence, abilities, imaginative power and the potent force of there subconscious mind.
Who could ever tell if those generations are not still among the human race.You meet some human and they perform creditably well on a task which they had never received any training on and it's was there first time ever in doing such.
The ways of God are full of supernatural wonders and i am way to sure that despite many biblical references of the ways and acts of God through His angels,it's just a glimpse of what is to come.
To my own understanding, I would define an angel as any human who came to deliver the needs of another fellow human being at the exact time such a need was been expected.
In life,not only you having basic necessities of life is so important, it must also be well precised and be exact.
As important as money is in life, the timeliness of money can never be overly emphasized.
I had so many experiences in life about angels who seems to live among us human.When God do send someone to come and bail you out of major financial,emotional,spiritual,marital,academic mess.
Without you given such person a prior notice, such a human could be part of the sons of God who watches the earth.
I had some experiences in years past.After I did suffered from acute depression for six years and made a suicide attempt once,I kept on searching for the 'meaning of life'
I know religion sells in this part of Africa and meeting pastors and attending churches still seems the last hope of a common man as regards to there spiritual counseling,deliverances and breakthrough.
I did made a personal search about what was written down in the holy bible about the whole essence of every man on the surface of the earth.
I read the book of Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 " Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandment: for this is the whole duty of man.For God shall bring every work into judgement, with every secret thing,whether it be good or whether it be evil"
Then I begin to search for what God has commanded and the greatest of it all.Then I was made to read what Jesus told His disciples when they came to ask Him what was the greatest commandment ?
Jesus says 'love' " love the Lord your God with all of your heart,with all your soul and with all of your mind and love your neighbour as yourself"
The Bible made us to understand that "God is love" therefore love is also God. He did demonstrated this act by sending his only begotten son as a ransom for the sins of men.
In one of my many encounters with Jesus, He gave me some spiritual nuggets
Which are " you were saved to serve" " if you have a pressing need,and it seems out of your reach,look around your vicinity and pick up little needs of your neighbour and see how your impossible needs would be divinely met "
After 11yrs.of practicing those two nuggets and I have no intention to stop anyways.
I could tell that "a life of service to God and humanity is the fastest way to climb the ladders of life phases.
Let me share just three of my findings. There was this online job by Federal Government. Just 300,000 graduates were required and about 2.5million Nigerian graduates did applied.
I knew nobody in power neither in politics.While waiting for the congratulatory message.
Jesus spoke to me " waiting for glory is wasting away,you do not wait for glory,you must generate it" since you do not know your chances of being picked. Why don't you do what it takes to bring you the success ?
I did located a young widow in my street who has a young boy of six years, without telling her ahead,I did paid a part payment of her son's school fees.
I also kept buying some basic foodstuffs and provisions for the woman and son and I was very consistent about it.
Exactly three months after, the result of the application came through, I was picked out of the 2.5million Nigerian graduates and exactly three days of paying the school fee of the widows son,a man gave me five (5) plots of land for free which if it was been sold,would cost me #500,000 to buy.
To be continue..............
Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by shadeyinka(m): 8:53pm On Sep 08, 2019
MrPresident1:

Jesus Christ is the firstfruits of the dead, he has risen. The Lamb of God has broken the codes.

Just protect your skull in Jesus
I have the Helmet of Salvation!

Are the asteroids Physical or Spiritual?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by budaatum: 9:58pm On Sep 08, 2019
shadeyinka:

And I pray that your fruit would abound and multiply to God's Glory.

I just wonder: what was the reaction of the other Atheists you used to fraternize with before? Did they try to ask why? They know you and some of them had accused you of reading too much (I read too but not up to 5% of what you read: I've narrowed down to simple things). Your testimony to them could be a powerful tool in the hands of God's Spirit.

Stay blessed
I've always fraternized regardless of religion, belief, tribe, gender, age etc so I would expect no different or even less so now that I am walking in the Lord. Those He has shown to walk in the valley of the shadow of death do not fear. That said, people hardly noticed my transition as we called it at the time, op and I. I wasn't such a big deal as some hadn't even decided if I was the "only true atheist" or the devil itself. But on the whole, people have reacted kindly towards me as I expect regardless of my opinions or beliefs with some defending me against even some theists especially the "believers", funny enough. Op of this thread as well as my Lord are both atheists and seem to somewhat regard me, and even in the Islamic section which I frequent too.

Those whom it is given to read a little probably shouldn't read so much least they be confused. Reading too much can indeed be a curse and is the lesson most learn in the Garden of Eden where God is made to look like a stingy lying slave owner who refuses to dress his slaves and keeps them ignorant and babels human knowledge least they build Towers. But it will seem that read and be confuse is what the Lord portioned ever since ma beat "read" into me. Thankfully, it is true that, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all. And after they have reigned they will rest."

I don't read so much now, not since my eyes stopped working like they used to. But the Lord seems to have replaced it with a pen and made me dream of pointing a rod and a staff at 'Pharoah'. I can only rejoice that my 'Pharoah' is a forest inside my own eyes, at least for now, and shudder at what might lay ahead in the future.

Please know that I don't think I am sent to the "Gentile" alone, for as you have seen here, my trolling was of the "Jew". But if you had not blessed me with understanding I would have sowed in vain, so the Glory is in the Goodness of your Soil.
Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by MrPresident1: 10:00pm On Sep 08, 2019
shadeyinka:

I have the Helmet of Salvation!

Are the asteroids Physical or Spiritual?

Apparently, you have not been reading the watchers thread. An asteroid is approaching the earth, it's impact will cause widespread devastation. The day of judgment
Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by MrPresident1: 10:01pm On Sep 08, 2019
budaatum:

I've always fraternized regardless of religion, belief, tribe, gender, age etc so I would expect no different or even less so now that I am walking in the Lord. Those He has shown to walk in the valley of the shadow of death do not fear. That said, people hardly noticed my transition as we called it at the time, op and I. I wasn't such a big deal as some hadn't even decided if I was the "only true atheist" or the devil itself. But on the whole, people have reacted kindly towards me as I expect regardless of my opinions or beliefs with some defending me against even some theists especially the "believers", funny enough. Op of this thread as well as my Lord are both atheists and seem to somewhat regard me, and even in the Islamic section which I frequent too.

Those whom it is given to read a little probably shouldn't read so much least they be confused. Reading too much can indeed be a curse and is the lesson most learn in the Garden of Eden where God is made to look like a stingy lying slave owner who refuses to dress his slaves and keeps them ignorant and babels human knowledge least they build Towers. But it will seem that read and be confuse is what the Lord portioned ever since ma beat "read" into me. Thankfully, it is true that, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all. And after they have reigned they will rest."

I don't read so much now, not since my eyes stopped working like they used to. But the Lord seems to have replaced it with a pen and made me dream of pointing a rod and a staff at 'Pharoah'. I can only rejoice that my 'Pharoah' is a forest inside my own eyes, at least for now, and shudder at what might lay ahead in the future.

Please know that I don't think I am sent to the "Gentile" alone, for as you have seen here, my trolling was of the "Jew". But if you had not blessed me with understanding I would have sowed in vain, so the Glory is in the Goodness of your Soil.

Buda for eartum grin
Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by shadeyinka(m): 10:12pm On Sep 08, 2019
MrPresident1:

Apparently, you have not been reading the watchers thread. An asteroid is approaching the earth, it's impact will cause widespread devastation. The day of judgment

I am not Afraid of any Physical asteroids in fact if the whole universe will pass away tomorrow, I am at peace.
Why?
I've been redeemed by His Blood.
I've been made perfect in Christ and commissioned as His ambassador

Why should I be afraid of the angel of death when the blood that marks me and my family is not that of goats or lambs BUT of Christ Himself??

The wicked should be afraid of the day of judgement:don't you think so?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by MrPresident1: 10:26pm On Sep 08, 2019
shadeyinka:

I am not Afraid of any Physical asteroids in fact if the whole universe will pass away tomorrow, I am at peace.
Why?
I've been redeemed by His Blood.
I've been made perfect in Christ and commissioned as His ambassador

Why should I be afraid of the angel of death when the blood that marks me and my family is not that of goats or lambs BUT of Christ Himself??

The wicked should be afraid of the day of judgement:don't you think so?

You are right, only the wicked should be afraid. It is the day of salvation for the children of GOD. But it is the day of destruction of satan and his spawn
Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by shadeyinka(m): 5:39am On Sep 09, 2019
budaatum:

Good morning Bro.
I woke up still thanking God for you. It's a beautiful thing when you see a Saul become a Paul: and this Paul seem to be moving faster than the other Apostles. I pray that your Faith will sustain you untill the day of the harvesting.

You speak a lot in riddles: but I understand. Believers will either take you at your word or listen to their spirit. It's understandable. Was that not how the first treated Saul?

About reading. I've known my limits a long time ago. Some books I won't touch with a pole especially occultism and erotism as a youth though much reckless (any book of interest is a book). I guess, when one begins to use glasses it means your eyes have seen a lot. But I wish the average Christian still read much more than what I see around and also seek for understanding ( even with spiritual things). We are too "man of God said..." dependent!

Shalom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by shadeyinka(m): 5:50am On Sep 09, 2019
MrPresident1:

You are right, only the wicked should be afraid. It is the day of salvation for the children of GOD. But it is the day of destruction of satan and his spawn

Let's wait and see!
I have studied eschatology and I've come to a conclusion that irrespective of the school of thought, we still see and understand in part. So, I give a big allowance and don't claim any gnosticism about its knowledge. Thus, I take each day as another day of grace.

If rapture, so be it! (I'm ready)
If it's pre-Tribulation (I'm ok, with it and read)
If mid-tribulation (all well and good, still ready)

That's my stance

1 Like

Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by Darevofpeace(m): 6:05am On Sep 09, 2019
Faith is real.......

ATTRIBUTES OF FAITH
"Faith is the evidence of things hoped for, the expectations of thing's not seen"faith is a universal currency and it holds forth in every corners of the earth,
Faith is quick and sharp,faith is hardwork and it requires seeing the invisible that thus raises your "belief" in the "Supreme ruler" faith foundation is built solidly on the "word of life" nobody ever survives life's battles without you having the word of God in your spirit and soul.
Faith is an absolute confidence of what God has spoken to you,"God does not say what He will do,but do say what He has done"faith sees the "impossible" as been made possible,the eyes of faith sees "opportunity" in every "hardness/impossibility" faith is the only way a man could attain to his utmost destiny in life.
Faith removes every obstacles like the four men who brought the "leper" there was no space at the entrance and they took him up the roof,faith can't be stopped by any force's either on the earth or from hell,faith is a life that ask God what should I do to fulfil my own part and stay in absolute "responsibility/commitment " and in close partnership with God? no matter how bad a situation seems,"every situations and negative circumstances are reversible by faith" but the question is you need to stop fidgeting, you need to sit down and talk to yourself,there is nothing practically impossible for God to do, but you must also live up to your own responsible act's and actions.
When we are in a situation that is giving us sleepless night and almost driving us crazy,we need to sit down,we hardly realise how close God is beside us waiting to be called unto and coming to our help,"He is our help in times of trouble" when David and his men went to fight a battle,the bible Say's before they came back,some warriors had already invaded there city, took the women and children and burnt up the city.
David and his men wept till there was no strength to weep again,do not ever forget these are "Great men" real time "fighter's" men whose life has been for fighting "Great battles" they were no kid's, the men wanted to Stone David but the bible Say's "And David encouraged himself in the Lord" afterwards David asked the chief priest to bring the "Ephod" which was like a "mantle/medium" of enquiring from God about "future event's" let me digress a bit,living a life of faith seems so "foolish"
Faith is not normal,faith is a life which could make people to mock you and laugh you to scorn "but until a seed dies,it can't germinate and be fruitful" a lot of the time when we seems buried,when it seems the end has come to our "life's expectations" and "desires" we are just "seed's" and we are being nurtured by God so as to withstand the "pressure of life" David asked God,should I pursue them,God Say's Pursue,overtake and you shall recover all.
What beats my imagination was that as exposed as David was and despite his many past battle's, how could a "Warrior" be asking God if he can pursue his enemies in order to take back his wives,properties and Children. But King David was not an "ordinary leader" he has "mission" for every step's he take's, with his experience's in many "great battle" King David knew already that without you involving God,"you can pursue your stolen item's and still loose your whole life in the pursuit " common sense tells David not to take a step without involving God and that was why God Say's concerning King David, "he is a man after my own heart,for he would do everything I command him" let me leave you with this "nugget". " every situation no matter how bad it seems is absolutely reversible by faith"
God is a just God and He is absolutely commited to perform but the question is how ready am I ? to listen to Him even when it does not make absolute sense,the ways of God are more higher and greater,sooner or later we shall come to a juncture in our life whereby we shall need "divine touch" to get out of a situation. "The pursuit of God is hardness" God is a spirit and only a spirit can pursue an other spirit. You are a spirit in a body with a soul meant to live as "Giant's" on the earth, you are a champion and you meant to fly and soar as an "Eagle" Good morning friends,written by ayobami joseph.
Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by budaatum: 6:07am On Sep 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

Good morning Bro.
I woke up still thanking God for you. It's a beautiful thing when you see a Saul become a Paul: and this Paul seem to be moving faster than the other Apostles. I pray that your Faith will sustain you untill the day of the harvesting.

You speak a lot in riddles: but I understand. Believers will either take you at your word or listen to their spirit. It's understandable. Was that not how the first treated Saul?

About reading. I've known my limits a long time ago. Some books I won't touch with a pole especially occultism and erotism as a youth though much reckless (any book of interest is a book). I guess, when one begins to use glasses it means your eyes have seen a lot. But I wish the average Christian still read much more than what I see around and also seek for understanding ( even with spiritual things). We are too "man of God said..." dependent!

Shalom
You indeed do understand my riddle speak. Goes to show it's not in the quantity of the reading but in the quality of the understanding. And yes, we Nigerians should read more. And it starts with those who know how to create with Words. And its why I rejoice when I'm here reading all you writers, both the atheist and the theist, sharpening each others irons and building people of power.

We will get to a point where the lambs will dwell with the lions and Paul and Apollo do not matter and no one will be against the other because we quench each others [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+9%3A38-41&version=NIV]thirst[/url].

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by MrPresident1: 6:27am On Sep 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

Let's wait and see!
I have studied eschatology and I've come to a conclusion that irrespective of the school of thought, we still see and understand in part. So, I give a big allowance and don't claim any gnosticism about its knowledge. Thus, I take each day as another day of grace.

If rapture, so be it! (I'm ready)
If it's pre-Tribulation (I'm ok, with it and read)
If mid-tribulation (all well and good, still ready)

That's my stance

Yeah, we look forward to a new heavens and a new earth; of the firstfruits and the mixed multitude.
Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 09, 2019
FAITH is the assured expectation of what is hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities that's not seen! Hebrew 11:1

So how can you differentiate between someone driven by FAITH and the one carried away by CREDULITY?

Well let's first analyse Paul's definition of FAITH then we'll now go back to CREDULITY(the mother of delusion).

FAITH

(1) Assured expectation of what is hoped for! This means a faithful person is expecting something but what assurance does he have that his expectations are real? There must be PRACTICAL APPLICATION of his faith, this will connect him with those possessing the same kind of faith (same line of thought). Thus helping them to keep supporting/encouraging one another as to making things easier since what they had in mind isn't common {2Thessalonians 3:2} since it will be difficult to continue with the gradual process of making things work out as EXPECTED amidst those who don't agree with their thoughts!

(2) Evident demonstration of realities that's not seen!
This means others NOT having the faith will notice that this people are up to something as they're focused on what they are expecting, while working zealously and industriously towards the same goal. This is what all other people will see in their demonstration but since it's few like 1% of the total populace that's doing it, the effect will NOT BE SEEN!

CREDULITY

Credulous people only follow what they were told to do, they don't really study hard to be sure if what they were told will bring any lasting benefit. So instead of working zealously to support one another, each person is going for his/her own gain. Thus they're not united and observers will notice that they don't really have the same line of thought, as each selfishly run for his/her heart desires!

So while FAITH could be noticed and commended even by fierce critics, CREDULITY brings reproach on it's bearer leading such ones to public shame and discomfort. Therefore when faithful people are happily working together like one body, directing interested persons how to find others possessing the same kind of faith, credulous people are confused/divided they know what they're claiming is NOT working anywhere so they can't confidently speak of any other person having the same line of thought!

Only one group possesses FAITH throughout the earth and in every nation people know that this one and only group stands out as ONE BODY! John 17:20-23

Thank you! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Faith Is Delusional by budaatum: 11:47am On Sep 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

"The fool says in his heart", but some think they see into the heart from the words they read, rather lazily at that. Is it not the truth that you had to work to understand my words before seeing a glimpse of my heart?

Atheists are no more fools than a Christian who loves not and lacks charity, for they too say in their hearts, "there is no God", even when the words of their mouth is Lord Lord.

Everyone here who writes a word about God has a "living conscience", and just by being here is seeking the conviction of the Holy Spirit, so I have faith that everyone here will find. Just don't be surprised if the findings don't look as expected by some.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Jesus Is Not God – Reno Omokri / Stop blasphemy God / How Do 8 People Repopulate 7 Billion People In 6000 Years ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 243
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.