Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,194 members, 7,853,065 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:43 AM

6 Killed In Fresh Jos Violence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6 Killed In Fresh Jos Violence (3422 Views)

Boko Haram Bombs Mosque In Maiduguri, 6 Killed / Six Family Members Killed In Renewed Jos Violence / Over 20 Feared Dead In Fresh Jos Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Killed In Fresh Jos Violence by chyz1: 12:42am On Oct 27, 2010
[size=18pt]6 killed in fresh Jos violence[/size]
News Oct 27, 2010

Six persons were confirmed dead and several others injured when unknown assailants attacked Ruhenku, a remote village in Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau State.

“We have confirmed that six people, all of them women and children, were killed in the attack,” Lt. Col. Kingsley Umoh, spokesman, Special Military Task Force, told the News Agency of Nigeria, NAN, in Jos on yesterday.

He said the three victims who were injured had been hospita-lised, while many houses were also burnt.

He said: “No arrests have been made. At the moment, we have no idea who the assailants were. The distress call came one hour after the attack. The village is so remote that reaching it is a great challenge.

“There are no deployments in the area by the army, but all the security agencies are already there to prevent any escalation.”

Some of the villagers described the attack as “very shocking,’’ saying that they were taken unawares as they were still in bed when the attackers invaded the village.

The Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Mr. Mohammed Lerama, who expressed disgust at the resurgence of violence, confirmed that a team of mobile police officers had been dispatched to the village. Mr Musa Sule, Chairman of Bassa Local Government Area, described the attack as “very horrible”.

He said: “It is sad that the peace loving villagers were attacked while they were asleep. It is devastating, but we hope that the security agencies will get to the root of the matter.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/10/6-killed-in-fresh-jos-violence/
Re: 6 Killed In Fresh Jos Violence by Adonike(m): 12:56am On Oct 27, 2010
From Jos to Bassa to every wetin dey happen for 9ja? Let all the people in Plateau state relocate to Lagos Now! Since that state is violence prone.
Re: 6 Killed In Fresh Jos Violence by Adonike(m): 1:00am On Oct 27, 2010
May God help Nigeria. Amen.
Re: 6 Killed In Fresh Jos Violence by jason12345: 1:07am On Oct 27, 2010
Adonike:

May God help Nigeria. Amen.
AMEN!
Re: 6 Killed In Fresh Jos Violence by chyz1: 1:08am On Oct 27, 2010
Let me take a crack at it. Only innocent women and children were killed. The killers attack them at night while asleep. Does not look like a Hausa rat to me but it definitely looks, smells, and sounds like the works of the most cowardly tribe in nigeria, the Fulani camel humpers.

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO RESPECT OF THE LIVES OF THE HOSTS IN THEIR OWN LAND?!
Re: 6 Killed In Fresh Jos Violence by Osama10(m): 1:13am On Oct 27, 2010
There can never be peace in that place.
Re: 6 Killed In Fresh Jos Violence by jason12345: 1:21am On Oct 27, 2010
You see, that the problem I have with the north!!! angry angry. why oh why! would someone kill women and children in the night!!! cowards!!!
Re: 6 Killed In Fresh Jos Violence by jamace(m): 5:08am On Oct 27, 2010
Come o. Why are women and children the perpetual victims in Jos crises? Where were the men when all the killings took place? angry angry

I'm forced to withdraw my sympathy for these Plateau people due to the lackaidaisical attitude of the MEN . They have failed to muster themselves and deal ruthlessly with the nuisance Hausa/Fulanis in their midst. It shows the men have no common purpose and therefore not organised.

Common, I'm fed-up. angry angry
Re: 6 Killed In Fresh Jos Violence by jamace(m): 7:58am On Oct 27, 2010
The Fulanis are just taking advantage of the lack of cooperation among the Plateau people to daze them. Plateau people should wake up. angry angry
Re: 6 Killed In Fresh Jos Violence by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 27, 2010
This is so uncalled for
Re: 6 Killed In Fresh Jos Violence by dustydee: 8:24am On Oct 27, 2010
sad sad
Re: 6 Killed In Fresh Jos Violence by excanny: 8:35am On Oct 27, 2010
I wonder why these unknown assailants can not come out in the day time to fight. These plateau folks are just some clueless fools.

They should have been used to how these COWARDS operate and set up volunteering vigilant groups to protect their women and children at night. It seems the Plateau men just love drinking, intimacy and sleeping.

And some of them will come here to start pasting crap of how they are one and the same with Fulani.

MORONS.
Re: 6 Killed In Fresh Jos Violence by Abagworo(m): 8:45am On Oct 27, 2010
I feel sympathy for them but six is quite small.Imagine where 2million are killed just like the rest of Nigeria did to Igbos,Crossriverians and Akwaibomites, will people still see it in the same light as they do Igbos?
Re: 6 Killed In Fresh Jos Violence by Akanbiedu(m): 8:50am On Oct 27, 2010
^^^^

so they should kill more?
Re: 6 Killed In Fresh Jos Violence by Akanbiedu(m): 9:08am On Oct 27, 2010
jason12345:

You see, that the problem I have with the north!!! angry angry. why oh why! would someone kill women and children in the night!!! cowards!!!

A fulani man and his 30 cows was killed a while ago. This is reprisal attack I guess.
Re: 6 Killed In Fresh Jos Violence by monkeyleg: 9:46am On Oct 27, 2010
OGA GEJ, do something now.
Re: 6 Killed In Fresh Jos Violence by Sagamite(m): 11:39am On Oct 27, 2010
Abeg, can someone on facebook post this on GEJ's facebook page:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-428728.32.html#msg5877625

I don't have a facebook account so I cannot do it myself.

Problem solving is not rocket-science but when we have utter incompetence in civil service, the nit-wits running it have no advanced thinking.
Re: 6 Killed In Fresh Jos Violence by holydante(m): 1:30pm On Oct 27, 2010
Hi Folks,

just like someone said, what has been happening in that state is ''managed civil war''.

so many lives and properties have been wasted and families scarred with grief for life over and over and yet we all pretend as if all is well and that it is one Nigeria.

The country even celebrated its 50 years with pomp and huge expense,meanwhile some basic issues of right to life and protection etc has not been resolved.

The country is living a lie
Re: 6 Killed In Fresh Jos Violence by Biggoozz: 1:35pm On Oct 27, 2010
ADAMU CIROMA AND HIS CABAL ARE GRADUALLY DEPLOYING THEIR STRATEGIES AS THEY THREATENED!!!
Re: 6 Killed In Fresh Jos Violence by 9jvirgin(m): 1:52pm On Oct 27, 2010
animals at it again. south will copy India north always Pakistan
Re: 6 Killed In Fresh Jos Violence by ADEOLA17: 1:57pm On Oct 27, 2010
Oga ooo this na bad news, cry
Re: 6 Killed In Fresh Jos Violence by njays: 2:00pm On Oct 27, 2010
Six people are way too small,they should have it 500, Haba! what's wrong with nigeria,why is so difficult for muslim to tolerate the christian, or for the north to stand the south. Any little thing they've brought out their dagger, ,if they can't control their anger,it's better nigeria divides,let the north have their ruler,and south, ,their leader, SHIKENA!!!
Re: 6 Killed In Fresh Jos Violence by namfav(m): 2:13pm On Oct 27, 2010
The Fulanis are just taking advantage of the lack of cooperation among the Plateau people to daze them. Plateau people should wake up.

where does it say its fulanis?
Re: 6 Killed In Fresh Jos Violence by jason12345: 2:19pm On Oct 27, 2010
Akanbi_edu:

A fulani man and his 30 cows was killed a while ago. This is reprisal attack I guess.

so, the life of one person is worth 5 cows how do these people think i am beginning to think we are no longer together as a country
Re: 6 Killed In Fresh Jos Violence by Canales(m): 2:57pm On Oct 27, 2010
This Jos town need special deliverance, no be small thng o
Re: 6 Killed In Fresh Jos Violence by obyann(f): 3:08pm On Oct 27, 2010
God have mercy!!!

njays:

Six people are way too small,they should have it 500, Haba! what's wrong with nigeria,why is so difficult for muslim to tolerate the christian, or for the north to stand the south. Any little thing they've brought out their dagger, ,if they can't control their anger,it's better nigeria divides,let the north have their ruler,and south, ,their leader, SHIKENA!!!

shocked shocked shocked  are you saying they shlould have killed more?
Re: 6 Killed In Fresh Jos Violence by oluite(f): 3:41pm On Oct 27, 2010
not again?seriously this has gone on long enough!
jamace:

Come o. Why are women and children the perpetual victims in Jos crises? Where were the men when all the killings took place? angry angry

I'm forced to withdraw my sympathy for these Plateau people due to the lackaidaisical attitude of the MEN . They have failed to muster themselves and deal ruthlessly with the nuisance Hausa/Fulanis in their midst. It shows the men have no common purpose and therefore not organised.

Common, I'm fed-up. angry angry
abi o?
Sagamite:

Abeg, can someone on facebook post this on GEJ's facebook page:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-428728.32.html#msg5877625

I don't have a facebook account so I cannot do it myself.

Problem solving is not rocket-science but when we have utter incompetence in civil service, the nit-wits running it have no advanced thinking.
That page is some PR stunt!
njays:

500? shocked
Re: 6 Killed In Fresh Jos Violence by EzeUche0(m): 3:46pm On Oct 27, 2010
Same ol story.

I am numb of hearing violence in that God forsaken city.
Re: 6 Killed In Fresh Jos Violence by idupaul: 3:56pm On Oct 27, 2010
hmmmmm
Re: 6 Killed In Fresh Jos Violence by bestman09(m): 4:29pm On Oct 27, 2010
Jos againnnnnnnn? Oh, the home of tourism! Why women and children? Too many questions, no answer! God save all the innocent and defenseless women and children
Re: 6 Killed In Fresh Jos Violence by bestman09(m): 4:37pm On Oct 27, 2010
Biggoozz:

ADAMU CIROMA AND HIS CABAL ARE GRADUALLY DEPLOYING THEIR STRATEGIES AS THEY THREATENED!!!

Animals in human skin!

9jvirgin:

animals at it again. south will copy India north always Pakistan
, And Afghanistan too
Re: 6 Killed In Fresh Jos Violence by udezue(m): 5:21pm On Oct 27, 2010
So where is Josboy and the other middlebelt slowpoke Namfav? Buncha spineless men with no penisess. Where are they to come and tell us how the Hausa-Fulani is very trustworthy? I'm begining to have no sympathy for these minority foolss in the North. Till now they haven't seen the need to form night vigilantes to protect their women and children? Tufia!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

No To Igbo President 2015: Alhaji Tanko Yakasai / Nigeria Could Be A G-20 Member If It Tackled Corruption - Hilary Clinton / I Changed My Mind- GEJ Till 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.