Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,469 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

Should She Help Him ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should She Help Him ? (946 Views)

My Neighbour Has Been Crying Since Thursday, Then I Decided To Help Him(photo) / Can She Help Me Out? / Should Marry Him To Help Him Get His Papers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should She Help Him ? by sinie: 10:06am On Oct 27, 2010
A friend of mine has been dating this guy for some years now and recently they've been talking about settling down and getting married. The problem is that the guy is not financially capable of funding a wedding not to talk of starting a family. However, he has plans to invest in a business but does not have the money as it is capital intensive in nature.

Now he insists my friend must help him get the capital as a show of love else he won't go ahead with the wedding plansand he's giving her an ultimatum - If she doesn't try to get the money, he'll break up with her! undecided undecided

My friend could get the money if she tried but she thinks it's not her place to do so. She also concerned about his ability to go an extra mile in getting what he wants. He appears to be someone who relies on luck and miracles to make it in life!

As much as she loves and cares for him, she's not willing to be blackmailed into taking care of a man!

I dont' know guys, what are your views undecided
Re: Should She Help Him ? by iyatrustee(f): 10:13am On Oct 27, 2010
let her run as fast as her legs can take her. how would her bringing the money becme a requirement or he breaks up with her? if he needs help and she can help him, there is nothing bad about that but for him to blackmail her, angry
Re: Should She Help Him ? by sinie: 10:22am On Oct 27, 2010
iyatrustee:

let her run as fast as her legs can take her. how would her bringing the money becme a requirement or he breaks up with her? if he needs help and she can help him, there is nothing bad about that but for him to blackmail her, angry

Well in his defence, he thinks she's not being helpful! He says he wants a woman who will be willing to help him when he is in need and if she's not willing to do it now, what's to say that she will do it in future undecided
Re: Should She Help Him ? by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 27, 2010
Lmao grin

Guys sef cheesy cheesy

@ Sinie how u dey?
Re: Should She Help Him ? by InkedNerd(f): 10:27am On Oct 27, 2010
@OP: Hmmm, interesting. He shouldn't be threatening her with the possibility of leaving her. If he's using these sort of tactics for money what else would be do when he doesn't get what he wants?
Re: Should She Help Him ? by sinie: 10:47am On Oct 27, 2010
Ujujoan:

Lmao grin

Guys sef cheesy cheesy

@ Sinie how u dey?

I'm fine dear
Re: Should She Help Him ? by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 27, 2010
hmmm sounds like a lazy man to me.
Re: Should She Help Him ? by Coolabbie: 11:08am On Oct 27, 2010
@Sinie wat do u mean by helpful? Is dis how 2 ask 4 help 4rm sum1 u claim 2 luv by blackmailin her. Wat is he doing himself about d situation?Wont it be beta 4 both of dem 2 put their heads 2geda & figure out a way instead of him resorting to dis cheap & shameful approach. He even went as far as giving her an ultimatum *hisses* na government work? Abeg make she fashi d guy,no be by force.
Re: Should She Help Him ? by r231(m): 11:35am On Oct 27, 2010
andromida:

hmmm sounds like a lazy man to me.

yep
Re: Should She Help Him ? by kokoletz(m): 11:39am On Oct 27, 2010
no
Re: Should She Help Him ? by livedit(f): 7:59pm On Oct 27, 2010
In my opinion, this guy is straight up wrong for putting that kind of pressure on his woman. Then to give her ultimatum if she don't fiance him then he going to leave her.  If she has the money and it won't put her into a financial bind, then I would do it. But since you stated she doesn't have the money and will have to borrow from someone else. Then he should understand that she does not have the money to give to him.

But to put conditions on "love" is NOT real love. Love is unconditional. And by him saying that, he is putting conditions and boundaries on his love.  I would say, she may need to rethink if this is someone she wants to marry anyway. Because who is he to make her prove her love for him by going into further debt just to marry him. She is willing to accept him as is and love him despite him not having anything to bring to this relationship. Then for him to throw a low blow like that, that's selfish, mean and careless in my opinion.
Re: Should She Help Him ? by Dsense(m): 8:07pm On Oct 27, 2010
OK Poster.
Re: Should She Help Him ? by Kelvinj(m): 8:13pm On Oct 27, 2010
Hmmm this real funny, get the money or no deal girl!! Lmao,
Re: Should She Help Him ? by StRichy(m): 9:58am On Oct 29, 2010
wonders will never end! an ultimatum my foot!
maybe the guy want 2 know why many guys ar not married.
Re: Should She Help Him ? by justwise(m): 10:11am On Oct 29, 2010
sinie:

A friend of mine has been dating this guy for some years now and recently they've been talking about settling down and getting married. The problem is that the guy is not financially capable of funding a wedding not to talk of starting a family. However, he has plans to invest in a business but does not have the money as it is capital intensive in nature.Now he insists my friend must help him get the capital as a show of love else he won't go ahead with the wedding plansand he's giving her an ultimatum - If she doesn't try to get the money, he'll break up with her! undecided undecidedMy friend could get the money if she tried but she thinks it's not her place to do so. She also concerned about his ability to go an extra mile ingetting what he wants. He appears to be someone who relies on luck and miracles to make it in life!As much as she loves and cares for him, she's not willing to be blackmailed into taking care of a man!I dont' know guys, what are your views undecided
Tell your friend to show him the exit door quick, he is a disgrace, why must she be given an ultimatum? If he can't afford to start a business then he should get the money from his family.
Re: Should She Help Him ? by MissyB3(f): 10:43am On Oct 29, 2010
It's impressive and cool to know, there's actually someone who loves and, thinks at same time. Some of us have been fools for too long.  cry
Your friend is on the right track.

1- How much of a man is he, if he can shamelessly DEMAND money from his woman? It doesn't even end there.  . . . He gave her a condition- I'll marry you, only if you give me the money. Like, ehn? undecided
He must really think your friend is desperate and needs a man in order to live long.
If I were your friend, even if i had the intention of helping him, for giving an ultimatum alone, he wouldn't get a dime.  cool

2- I don't even think any lady that cares about the financial well-being of herself and her kids would settle down with such a man. One who relies solely on help from other people. A man is not a man simply because he has a tail . . . .Prove to be one.
When one thinks of a man the idea that comes to mind is that of a strong
[financially included], decisive, hardworking character and not a sissy who sits at home with T.V remote in the hand, chewing gum and waiting for wife to ''help'' him.
Re: Should She Help Him ? by DonXavi(m): 10:45am On Oct 29, 2010
I just feel like smackin the helly sh*t out of that Moda F**ker. what a lazy di*k head, so he don't even give a damn if the babe goes prostituting to raise him the cash. I assure u there no LOVE here, , Hijo de puta, que hombre puede hacer esto? I'm just mad @ this guy!!!
Re: Should She Help Him ? by InkedNerd(f): 10:52am On Oct 29, 2010
Don Xavi:

I just feel like smackin the helly excreta out of that Moda F**ker. what a lazy di*k head, so he don't even give a damn if the babe goes prostituting to raise him the cash. I assure u there no LOVE here, , Hijo de puta, que hombre puede hacer esto? I'm just mad @ this guy!!!

Se habla Español? grin wink
Re: Should She Help Him ? by femmy2010(m): 11:13am On Oct 29, 2010
She should run faster than Maurice Green ooOO grin
Re: Should She Help Him ? by DonXavi(m): 12:14pm On Oct 29, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Se habla Español? grin wink

Si, hablo perfectamente el español and you?
Re: Should She Help Him ? by md4real(m): 2:33pm On Oct 29, 2010
sounds like your friends is desperate to settle down. i suggest she look for a man that wont take advantage of her feelings but seriously, if she can raise the capital she should. afteral, it the bullshit called LOVE
Re: Should She Help Him ? by InkedNerd(f): 5:56pm On Oct 29, 2010
Don Xavi:

Si, hablo perfectamente el español and you?

No, Spanish needs tons of work grin.
Re: Should She Help Him ? by Toboski: 6:29pm On Oct 29, 2010
There's nothing wrong with helping your husband or wife to be if you are in a position to do so, but the last thing anybody should fall for is blackmail, they always come back, it is not the kind of foundation that anyone wants to build a marriage on, tell her not to start what she cannot finish, a word is enough for the wise.
Re: Should She Help Him ? by DonXavi(m): 6:36pm On Oct 29, 2010
md4real:

sounds like your friends is desperate to settle down. i suggest she look for a man that wont take advantage of her feelings but seriously, if she can raise the capital she should. afteral, it the bullshit called LOVE
Inked_Nerd link=topic=539910.msg7040970#msg7040970 date=1288371371:

No, Spanish needs tons of work grin.

At least u can understand something. grin grin
Re: Should She Help Him ? by Omolola1(f): 6:36pm On Oct 29, 2010
Na wa for guys
Re: Should She Help Him ? by InkedNerd(f): 6:38pm On Oct 29, 2010
Toboski:

There's nothing wrong with helping your husband or wife to be if you are in a position to do so, but the last thing anybody should fall for is blackmail, they always come back,  it is not the kind of foundation that anyone wants to build a marriage on, tell her not to start what she cannot finish, a word is enough for the wise.

Yes, there's nothing wrong with helping out a spouse but their not even married and he's threatening her with the possibility of walking out on her.

Don Xavi:

At least u can understand something. grin grin

Yeah, I can understand some things wink.
Re: Should She Help Him ? by DonXavi(m): 6:59pm On Oct 29, 2010
Yeah, I can understand some things wink.
[/size][/font]
[quote][/quote] I can assist u enhance in ur spanish, wink wink wink
Re: Should She Help Him ? by InkedNerd(f): 7:10pm On Oct 29, 2010
Don Xavi:

I can assist u enhance in your spanish, wink wink wink

thanks but I've got a bunch of people here to help me out with that. Its my Portuguese that I need to improve.
Re: Should She Help Him ? by femmy2010(m): 7:48pm On Oct 29, 2010
Wow,wish i was multi Linguist too. angry

(1) (Reply)

3 Simple Ways To Attract Any Woman / love,lust ,infatuation and fun / Women Get Heart O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.