Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students (44715 Views)

Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students / Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students / Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Rajiokazaki(m): 9:16am On Sep 06, 2019
Lamasta:

Enlighten me
......am thinking you are quite aware that references is one of the most important requirements that qualifies you to stand any chance of gaining Admission in to the school
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Kennyken18: 9:28am On Sep 06, 2019
boiz2men:

On what ground do you measure "far better"?

Please dont say facilities. Ivy league schools are what they are not only because of facilities but also their produce.

Are you aware that most private uni have third terms sorry remedial semester for those who failed that academic session.

How do you pay millions have not have at least a 2.1 ?

Why do you think privates have churn out the most first class?

Logic will mislead us to think its because the students are well taught.

Nigga, what u are saying is trash.
Covenant is ranked top 5 among both public and private schools combined in Nigeria.. The best private school..
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 06, 2019
asuustrike1:

Are you OK? Don't say what you don't know because he was in Nigeria for 6 months studying environmental degradation in the Niger Delta

I should be asking you if you are Ok, clearly a product of the Nigerian education system who can read but cannot comprehend!!!

are you not confirming what I just said? Environmental degradation because he HAS to be in Nigeria! Niger delta is ground zero for his subject area, thats the only reason he is here. Unless your subject mmatter is specific to Nigeria no foreigner will study in Nigeria, our educational system have become one of the worst in the world

apply your Nigerian education again:

isthatso:

No foreigner worth his salt will study in Nigeria especially when he/she is paying except your course of study is specific to 3rd world studies / international relations/ foreign languages/.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 06, 2019
isthatso:

I should be asking you if you are Ok, clearly a product of the Nigerian education system who can read but cannot comprehend!!!

are you not confirming what I just said? Environmental degradation because he HAS to be in Nigeria! Niger delta is ground zero for his subject area, thats the only reason he is here. Unless your subject mmatter is specific to Nigeria no foreigner will study in Nigeria, our educational system have become one of the worst in the world
Are you still OK? I equally saw another who said he his studying at Unizik. Saw another studying health but he didn't mention the university or course because he was in a hurry.
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 06, 2019
asuustrike1:

Are you still OK? I equally saw another who said he his studying at Unizik.

Like i said your education is what is disturbing you, you cannot cure bad education.

Unizik...is that a University?
In any event, 1 or 2 people do not prove your point, back in the day when Nigerian education was worth anything, our schools and universities were full of foreigners. ANy foreigner studying in Nigeria must either be from a run down country or his subject matter requires his presence in Nigeria. No foreigner will leave good education to pay for bad education in Nigeria.
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 06, 2019
isthatso:

Like i said your education is what is disturbing you, you cannot cure bad education.

Unizik...is that a University?
It is either you ignorant or just been mischievous? How dare you insult Unizik?
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 06, 2019
asuustrike1:

in the country of the blind a one eyed man is king, You are not even talking UI, Ife, ABU, UNN, Unilag, you are talking Unizik? mscheeew!

you clearly dont know any better! EOD!!
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 06, 2019
isthatso:

in the country of the blind a one eyed man is king, You are not even talking UI, Ife, ABU, UNN, Unilag, you are talking Unizik? mscheeew!

you clearly dont know any better! EOD!!
Don't start what you can not finish. I don't have your time morning
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by fowlyansh181(m): 10:00am On Sep 06, 2019
Lamasta:

How will you compare normal schools with Covenant University in Nigeria my brother the difference is very very clear abeg sentiment aside
in terms of prison life, yes Covenant got it.. interms of education, nothing different .
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by JuanDeDios: 10:25am On Sep 06, 2019
500L? I thought Accounting and co were four years.
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 06, 2019
asuustrike1:

Don't start what you can not finish. I don't have your time morning

you dont have the intellectual capacity to engage me because it is clear you are a victim of poor quality education. That you may have a degree does not mean you received quality education. If your teachers are bad you wont know, because you dont know any better. This is why many of you Nigerian graduates cant get jobs. The worst thing you can do to yourself is get an education from a Nigerian university, And if you do not a 2nd or 3rd tier University like Unizik. Even the former great Universities...our best...are no longer ranked in the world!

Let me give you and others a hint, Anywhere in the world, if you attend a school or University and you dont have many children (not 1 or 2) of the elite as contemporaries, you are probably in the wrong school, when it comes to University you are DEFINITELY in the wrong University. No Nigerian elite will send his child to a Nigerian state University, because they know a good school when they see one, after all they wemt to Nigerian Universities when they were good and migled with children of ministers, heads of state CEOs of multinationals foreigners etc, tody, it is like sentencing your child to a life of misery and poverty!! Nigerian middle and upper class will beg borrow and steal to avoid their children going to University in Nigeria, you think they are doing it to blow guy or to be hip? You think they like converting Naira to forex and black market rate?

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Kiddinpoh(m): 10:38am On Sep 06, 2019
2.4 for 100 to 400L or just one session? shocked
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 06, 2019
asuustrike1:

https://www.4icu.org/ng/
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 06, 2019
isthatso:

you dont have the intellectual capacity to engage me because it is clear you are a victim of poor quality education. That you may have a degree does not mean you received quality education. If your teachers are bad you wont know, because you dont know any better. This is why many of you Nigerian graduates cant get jobs. The worst thing you can do to yourself is get an education from a Nigerian university, And if you do not a 2nd or 3rd tier University like Unizik. Even the former great Universities...our best...are no longer ranked in the world!

Let me give you and others a hint, Anywhere in the world, if you attend a school or University and you dont have many children (not 1 or 2) of the elite as contemporaries, you are probably in the wrong school, when it comes to University you are DEFINITELY in the wrong University. No Nigerian elite will send his child to a Nigerian state University, because they know a good school when they see one, after all they wemt to Nigerian Universities when they were good and migled with children of ministers, heads of state CEOs of multinationals foreigners etc, tody, it is like sentencing your child to a life of misery and poverty!! Nigerian middle and upper class will beg borrow and steal to avoid their children going to University in Nigeria, you think they are doing it to blow guy or to be hip? You think they like converting Naira to forex and black market rate?

You claim to be intellectual yet you deviate from the issue raised. You are just just beating around the bush for nothing.
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 06, 2019
asuustrike1:

You claim to be intellectual yet you deviate from the issue raised. You are just just beating around the bush for nothing.

like I said Nigerias 5 best Universities are ABU, Ife unilag, UI and Ife, and for the most part, nobody enlightened would send their children there anymore if they had a choice. Your unizik in no33 in Nigeria and no 6227 in the world.

there is nothing else to say to an educated man.
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 06, 2019
isthatso:

You mean this biased ranking? angry. Different group come up with different criteria hence relying on this alone is void
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 06, 2019
isthatso:

like I said Nigerias 5 best Universities are ABU, Ife unilag, UI and Ife, and for the most part, nobody enlightened would send their children there anymore if they had a choice. Your unizik in no33 in Nigeria and no 6227 in the world.

Even the aforementioned universities are not better off. Relying on web ranking to rate schools had cause more harm than good.
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 06, 2019
asuustrike1:

You mean this biased ranking? angry. Different group come up with different criteria hence relying on this alone is void

thats the problem with your education, when sense fails you you resort to sentiment. They say your country is a shithole, you get angry, but you dont have good schools roads , electricity or education, hospitals...basics of life yet when they tell you the truth and call Nigeria a shithole you get annoyed.
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 06, 2019
asuustrike1:

Even the aforementioned universities are not better off. Relying on web ranking to rate schools had cause more harm than good.

abeg carry on with your ignorant life and continue praying for miracles.
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 06, 2019
asuustrike1:

I didnt say they are! Like I said you are educated but cannot comprehend. I said even those Universities nobody worth his salt will send his children there....Did you not see where i wrote that? or they didnt teach you how to comprehend sentences at Unizik?
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 06, 2019
isthatso:

abeg carry on with your ignorant life and continue praying for miracles.
Mr man I have been to those schools so stop deceiving yourself. They only use ranking to deceive Nigerians whereas the reality on ground is otherwise
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 06, 2019
asuustrike1:

Mr man I have been to those schools so stop deceiving yourself. They only use ranking to deceive Nigerians whereas the reality on ground is otherwise

90% of the reason Nigerian graduates cannot get jobs is because their certificates are not worth the paper they are printed on. You are exposing that clearly.

the biggest problem with the Nigerian education system and our Universities is the lack of critical thinking. being able to read and write is not education. Understand the difference between being educated and being illiterate.

There are many illiterates who display more intelligence and critical thinking than many of today's Nigerian graduates.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by cooooooks(m): 11:35am On Sep 06, 2019
IT's a tad high but they're already on Times Higher Education Rankings and are trying to be the face of new universities in Nigeria.
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 06, 2019
isthatso:

I didnt say they are! Like I said you are educated but cannot comprehend. I said even those Universities nobody worth his salt will send his children there....Did you not see where i wrote that? or they didnt teach you how to comprehend sentences at Unizik?
You implied that is all, you are pained I mentioned Unizik. To worsened it you mentioned other universities that rely on window dressing to deceive the public. You forgot to that many politicians still patronilze our universities
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 06, 2019
isthatso:

90% of the reason Nigerian graduates cannot get jobs is because their certificates are not worth the paper they are printed on. You are exposing that clearly.

the biggest problem with the Nigerian education system and our Universities is the lack of critical thinking. being able to read and write is not education. Understand the difference between being educated and being illiterate.

There are many illiterates who display more intelligence and critical thinking than many of today's Nigerian graduates.
Mr man stop the ranting. Do travel to those universities on daily or weekly basis? There somethings they will never reveal to the public. I don't believe that crap called ranking
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 06, 2019
asuustrike1:

You implied that is all, you are pained I mentioned Unizik. To worsened it you mentioned other universities that rely on window dressing to deceive the public. You forgot to that many politicians still patronilze our universities

My friend who are these Nigerian politicians? many of them are ex thugs and area boys local govt enforcers who haventmade it or have the influence to capacity to send their children abroad. Name me one high ranking respectable member of the Nigerian elite, well educated himself, who sends his child to a Nigerian state University. EVEn MC Oluomo, cheif Area boy , NURTW chief does not send his children to Nigerian Universities. Give me a name! MC Oluomo might be an area boy but he knows the value of good education and he knows that good education is not about certificate but what school you go to.

Like i said this is the problem with you fools, you cannot discuss based on facts, when your brain and intelligence fails you you resort to sentiment. why am I pained you mentioned UNIZIK, what is my business with Unizik? I just know it is not a well regarded University.

you could have mentioned any of the other Universities I would have said the same thing. i suspect you are the one who is pained because maybe it has just dawned on you that you just wasted your time in University to get a degree nobody or institution of substance will ever take seriously.

let me share a secret with you, there are some universities you will atend that you will never get a job because the human resources will NEVER read through your CV! They have many CVs to read, once they see your University and it's not one of the ones they reckon with they dont even bother to read the rest...Except, you have a 1st class. This is fact, ask anybody in HR for any top company!

meanwhile you will go around complaining you cant get a job, only big man's children get all the jobs....because Big men dont send their children to Unizik!!!! You will give one big man your Cv to help you, When he reads the CV, shame will not even allow him to pass the Cv on.
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by DrayZee: 12:02pm On Sep 06, 2019
isthatso:

No one uses 4icu as a reputable source of university ranking information. They're not accurate. That's like using NUC ranking.

Times Higher Education is one of the top academic ranking sites in the world. They actually know what they're doing. Go to their site and check Nigeria's top universities. If you want a another reasonable site, check out Webometrics (although Webometrics standard for ranking is limited, at least they have a standard).

When you check those two sites, you'll discover that Nigeria's top universities (in no particular order) are: University of Ibadan, Covenant University and University of Nigeria, Nsukka. According to THE rankings, these 3 are Nigeria's only universities in top 1000.
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 06, 2019
DrayZee:

No one uses 4icu as a reputable source of university ranking information. They're not accurate.

Times Higher Education is one of the top academic ranking sites in the world. They actually know what they're doing. Go to their site and check Nigeria's top universities. If you want a less reputable site, check out Webometrics (although Webometrics standard for ranking is limited, at least they have a standard).

When you check those two sites, you'll discover that Nigeria's top universities (in no particular order) are: University of Ibadan, Covenant University and University of Nigeria, Nsukka.

I wanted to fact check and that was the 1st link that came up

either way, it butresses what I said, the only GOVT owned Universities in Nigeria worth going to are UNN, ABU, UI, Ife Unilag and they are all a shadow of themselves, though i hear UI is trying. I did not mention Conventry because it is private though i hear they are ok (by Nigerian standards). It butresses my point that the others are for all intents and purpose a waste of time and money. It also buttresses my point that (convent aside because it is private) if those are the best in the country, which children of the elite do you see at the so called best in Nigeria?
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by DrayZee: 12:11pm On Sep 06, 2019
isthatso:

either way, it butresses what I said, the only GOVT owned Universities in Nigeria worth going to are UNN, ABU, UI, Ife Unilag. I did not mention Conventry because it is private though i hear they are ok (by Nigerian standards). It butresses my point that the others are for all intents and purpose a waste of time and money. It also buttresses my point that (convent aside because it is private) if those are the best in the country, which children of the elite do you see at the so called best in Nigeria?
I'm not against you. You have a valid point. But since you want a name, Fayose's last son graduated from Covenant last year or the year before. And there will be others like him studying here.

I'm not arguing against your point. Cuz actually, most people would send their children abroad if they have the resources...although there's the select few that will still send their children here, even if it's just for the first degree.
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 06, 2019
DrayZee:

I'm not against you. You have a valid point. But since you want a name, Fayose's last son graduated from Covenant last year or the year before. I'm not arguing against your point...I'm just saying. Cuz actually, most people would send their children abroad if they have the resources...although there's the select few that will still send their children here, even if it's just for the first degree.

I hear people manage covenant, i was focused more on the govt Universities. Having said that Fayose went to a polytechnic. I concede the example because he no doubt has the money to send his children anywhere he wants but he is not exactly a man of pedigree!!!
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by DrayZee: 12:15pm On Sep 06, 2019
isthatso:

I hear people manage covenant, i was focused more on the govt Universities.
Okay.
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by grandiose4ever: 1:40pm On Sep 06, 2019
isthatso:

Amazingly, 4 out of your list are not recognized by Times Higher Edu. You reference to 4icu shows you are poorly educated. 4icu measures website visit by clicks.

Only two universities are recognized internationally from NG. That is Covenant and UI. The rest are hogwash.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Parents Rush To Pick Students As Gunmen Kidnap Vice Principal, 4 Students / Secondary School Teacher Arrested For Raping A 12-Year-Old Student In Delta / Secondary Students Fight With Cutlass In Ibadan (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.