Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students (44711 Views)

Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students / Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students / Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by boiz2men(m): 11:34pm On Sep 05, 2019
DrayZee:

Well, I can tell you that Computer science and basically all Engineering in Covenant is far far better than that of most public schools in Nigeria. I won't speak on public universities...everyone knows they've mostly all fallen.

You'd only have a point if you studied all them art courses...like English or something.

And since you see private uni students as those who couldn't pass Jamb, let me inform you that the guy with the highest score in Jamb 2018 is currently in Covenant...going to 200 level. And there are many more like him. So, you can see that your assertion is baseless.

And why do you recommend Babcock. People with your opinion (that private uni students couldn't pass Jamb) usually detest private universities in general. So why Babcock over Covenant (even though I'm sure you know Covenant is perceived to be a great distance (academically) ahead of Babcock).

I prefer babcock because my current line of work is IT related and all babcock computer science grads I have met have been outstanding. I cant say the same for covenant. This is my personal opinion tho.
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by NoFap123: 11:36pm On Sep 05, 2019
blaqroy:
What am seen here is in thousands, someone should put me through plz
The currency is dollars.
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by goat22: 11:39pm On Sep 05, 2019
pocohantas:
They should pay.
They are not locals.
Their parents do not pay tax to our coffers.
Madame if I wan chop beans I go fit commot the money for coffers?
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by boiz2men(m): 11:42pm On Sep 05, 2019
yemex04:

Sorry for this question, What was ur course of study in the university? Which university did u attend?

For the record, from available statistics and rankings, CU is far better than other privately owned universities in Nigeria.It remains the only private university that competes favourably with the likes of UI, OAU, UNILAG and some first generation universities..

On what ground do you measure "far better"?

Please dont say facilities. Ivy league schools are what they are not only because of facilities but also their produce.

Are you aware that most private uni have third terms sorry remedial semester for those who failed that academic session.

How do you pay millions have not have at least a 2.1 ?

Why do you think privates have churn out the most first class?

Logic will mislead us to think its because the students are well taught.
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by boiz2men(m): 11:44pm On Sep 05, 2019
Kingkun69:
convenant is not a waste the connection you see there (if you use am well)are no1 in the country
Babcock is OK
Afe babalola too is ok
Public unis are totally run down and packed with little funds and plenty ways to frustrate ppl with jobs not sure at the end of 4 stressful yrs

Just like every other private uni and sec school. Send you kids to expensive primary,secondary school so they have a good network of friends whose family are rich...

Thats the only good side I see except I am told otherwisde

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by ttmacoy: 11:49pm On Sep 05, 2019
I hide my face tongue

denisdmenace:
If u no get money hide ur face.
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Emmafe(m): 12:06am On Sep 06, 2019
Obaino12:
Am interested for learning web design contact me if you reside in Anambra State 09039234233
Go to Udemy.com and get a course for beginners, u won't regret it.
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by atmewsis(m): 12:16am On Sep 06, 2019
Who told you Ghana is useless? Right now Nigeria is at an all time low.
AgonyOfHell:
I wonder the kind of people coming to Nigeria to school,

They must be from useless countries like Ghana, Benin Rep, Chad, Niger Rep, Mali, South Sudan etc
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Nobody: 12:17am On Sep 06, 2019
Good one! even though they infinitesimally devalued the naira in the process
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by DrayZee: 12:23am On Sep 06, 2019
boiz2men:

I prefer babcock because my current line of work is IT related and all babcock computer science grads I have met have been outstanding. I cant say the same for covenant. This is my personal opinion tho.

Well, Babcock Computer science grads might be better than those of Covenant (though I'm not so sure about that), but how do the CU grads you've met (I take it you've met a reasonable number), compare to those of the public uni grads you've met?

As an IT person, I'm sure you realise it's personal development that makes the best Comp science graduates. Apparently, Babcock has a better community for such things.
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by ghuzy01: 12:28am On Sep 06, 2019
Denikayan:
grin grin grin grin

Is this a joke?

Who comes to a Nigerian university to pay $$$?

Such people should be arrested and jailed
Receive sense and value what you have.if you see some so called schools that our people pay dollars for in ghana, you will appreciate our federal and private universities
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by DrayZee: 12:28am On Sep 06, 2019
boiz2men:

On what ground do you measure "far better"?

Please dont say facilities. Ivy league schools are what they are not only because of facilities but also their produce.

Are you aware that most private uni have third terms sorry remedial semester for those who failed that academic session.

How do you pay millions have not have at least a 2.1 ?

Why do you think privates have churn out the most first class?

Logic will mislead us to think its because the students are well taught.

You should probably stay in Covenant for like a week when the academic session is on. Then compare it to that of the public uni you went to. I don't see why you should assume they pay for first class or something. When there's no opportunity to have fun however you like and do whatever you want...when you're forced to go to all classes or risk an extra year, why won't you be more serious than those who are exposed to distractions of every kind?

Also, that remedial semester whatever doesn't exist in Covenant. You fail, you carryover and should you carryover so woefully that you need an extra year, you have a maximum of 2 years to finish up else you graduate without a certificate. Thus your 4/5 years + 2 extra in the school will mean absolutely nothing, and there's nobody you can pay or beg to help you. Tell me why they won't be serious.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Nobody: 12:40am On Sep 06, 2019
grandiose4ever:

They shouldn't have splitted the school fees by nationality.
Yeah!
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Nobody: 12:48am On Sep 06, 2019
AgonyOfHell:

They must be from useless countries like Ghana, Benin Rep, Chad, Niger Rep, Mali, South Sudan etc
Probably Nigerians travelling to those countries are useless as well
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Nobody: 12:54am On Sep 06, 2019
boiz2men:
This may just be my prejudice against private uni students/Grads.

I perceive them as "Those who couldnt pass jamb".

So paying in millions for education that most get for less is athe rich man's kid's way of not failing JAMB.

For the rest of us who pass JAMB, we pay less for the same education.

Please no one should mention they have better facilities. What good is it when they are not not different from the public guys in practical.

The only private I recommend is Babcock. The others are hogwash. Complete waste of money.
This your stereotype thinking will not take far in life. Your so called public universities had deprived many of getting jobs because of age( persistent strikes from university lecturers).
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Nobody: 12:59am On Sep 06, 2019
isthatso:
How bad is your country that you are coming to University in Nigeria and paying dollars?
Anybody can choose any country to get degree. China has one of the strongest economy in the world yet their citizens still travel to Europe to study. I met a postgraduate student from Belgium studying at University of Lagos. Would you say that he left his country to study here because his country was bad?

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Nobody: 1:03am On Sep 06, 2019
McBenedict:
Which kind knowledge I go acquire wich I can't get double of it in most higher institutions like UNN, futo, imt, esut etc
You can get them from the aforementioned universities however you would be frustrated on the long run in the journey.
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Nobody: 1:07am On Sep 06, 2019
boiz2men:

Then you are biased in your judgement.
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by CodeTemplar: 2:55am On Sep 06, 2019
grandiose4ever:

To me, maybe they should consider other African countries but Americans and Europeans can be charged high. Some schools there charge as high as 10,000 USD.
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by sonnie10: 4:16am On Sep 06, 2019
No med surg?
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Livefreeordieha(m): 4:39am On Sep 06, 2019
grandiose4ever:

lol... Well all over the world international students pays more... Even me typing I paid through my nose to study abroad and infact still gonna pay today for one.. Lol
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Lessel: 4:56am On Sep 06, 2019
The quoted values are in dollars. To get the Nigerian face value, multiply by # : $ exchange rate. Then you will know bose nlo.
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Fallenhunter: 5:36am On Sep 06, 2019
If you go to study abroad, you pay 4 times what local students pay. In some countries education is free for locals but international students must pay. Here they are asking for just 2 times what Nigerians pay. It's a system that's practiced all over the world.
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by SmallSimba: 7:32am On Sep 06, 2019
Why would anyone want to study in Modern Nigeria?
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by fowlyansh181(m): 7:43am On Sep 06, 2019
Lamasta:
If You want quality education you gat to pay for it.

Covenant University the Harvard and Cambridge of our time
been to the school, they teach nothing different from every normal school around..
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by blaqroy: 7:44am On Sep 06, 2019
NoFap123:

The currency is dollars.
Obara Jesus

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by blaqroy: 7:45am On Sep 06, 2019
Bodydialect57:
Dollar in thousands

Okpari oo
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by blaqroy: 7:45am On Sep 06, 2019
PuZZyNegro:

Thousands of Trump not Buhari

I see
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Venerable612(m): 7:54am On Sep 06, 2019
AgonyOfHell:

They are not useless, simply because they are in Africa.

It’s time Africans put some values on themselves and start thinking of the way forward. Europe was once like Africa - when Egypt was the world power.

Times changes - it’s just an evolution of development; and I believe the next 100 years will be different if you lots develop positive thinking and positive Acts.

Singapore is a perfect example.
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Lamasta(m): 7:56am On Sep 06, 2019
fowlyansh181:
been to the school, they teach nothing different from every normal school around..

How will you compare normal schools with Covenant University in Nigeria my brother the difference is very very clear abeg sentiment aside
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 06, 2019
asuustrike1:

Anybody can choose any country to get degree. China has one of the strongest economy in the world yet their citizens still travel to Europe to study. I met a postgraduate student from Belgium studying at University of Lagos. Would you say that he left his country to study here because his country was bad?

Nobody will leave belgium to study in Unilag unless his course is African studies, or Languages stop spreading falsehood. people leave China to study in Europe because their education is regarded as the best, that's normal!

No foreigner comes to study Engineering, economics, Law etc in Nigeria stop deceiving yourselves. Our degrees are worthless!!!!

Even to work in Nigeria, most of the foreigners you see are 3rd rate, talk less of to study. The man at the centre of the $9B judgement is an uneducated career swindler, it's only in Nigeria that he can come and be a big man. No foreigner worth his salt will study in Nigeria especially when he/she is paying except your course of study is specific to 3rd world studies/ international relations/ foreign languages/.

stop deceiving yourselves!!!
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 06, 2019
isthatso:

Nobody will leave belgium to study in Unilag unless his course is African studies, or Languages stop spreading falsehood. people leave China to study in Europe because their education is regarded as the best, that's normal!

No foreigner comes to study Engineering, economics, Law etc in Nigeria stop deceiving yourselves. Our degrees are worthless!!!!

Even to work in Nigeria, most of the foreigners you see are 3rd rate, talk less of to study. The man at the centre of the $9B judgement is an uneducated career swindler, it's only in Nigeria that he can come and be a big man. No foreigner worth his salt will study in Nigeria especially when he/she is paying except your course of study is specific to 3rd world studies/ international relations/ foreign languages/.

stop deceiving yourselves!!!
Are you OK? Don't say what you don't know because he was in Nigeria for 6 months studying environmental degradation in the Niger Delta

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ikelebe Junior Secondary School Floors Others In Edo North To Win ASCI Inter Sch / Parents Rush To Pick Students As Gunmen Kidnap Vice Principal, 4 Students / Secondary School Teacher Arrested For Raping A 12-Year-Old Student In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.