Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students (44708 Views)

Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students / Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students / Sokoto State University Increases Tuition By 100%, Gives Students 7Day Ultimatum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by ZinoFasisi: 9:59pm On Sep 05, 2019
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Obaino12: 10:01pm On Sep 05, 2019
Am interested for learning web design contact me if you reside in Anambra State 09039234233
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 05, 2019
How bad is your country that you are coming to University in Nigeria and paying dollars?
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Sirmuel1(m): 10:02pm On Sep 05, 2019
PuZZyNegro:

Thousands of Trump not Buhari

See reply oh cheesy
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by saajus: 10:03pm On Sep 05, 2019
With less than 50k Naira any foreign Nationals can become Nigerian
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Xneg: 10:07pm On Sep 05, 2019
grandiose4ever:

They shouldn't have splitted the school fees by nationality.

All schools in the UK and US have separate school fees for international students and citizens.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by lamalang(m): 10:08pm On Sep 05, 2019
Church will build school that 70% of its members can afford
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by costandi(m): 10:13pm On Sep 05, 2019
grandiose4ever:

Every other university does.
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Lugianostar(m): 10:14pm On Sep 05, 2019
Not becoming a graduate that really matters but translating what you been taught in salvaging what the society needs that is key...!

Thanks to bet9ja for employing many unemployed youths!!!
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by lilpage14(m): 10:19pm On Sep 05, 2019
when you started with useless countries like Ghana i just knew you don`t have sense
AgonyOfHell:
I wonder the kind of people coming to Nigeria to school,

They must be from useless countries like Ghana, Benin Rep, Chad, Niger Rep, Mali, South Sudan etc

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by chrisagyei: 10:20pm On Sep 05, 2019
AgonyOfHell:

They must be from useless countries like Ghana, Benin Rep, Chad, Niger Rep, Mali, South Sudan etc
Ghana is a useless country according to a Nigerian. Very funny and what do you call Nigeria then.A failed state. Btw no Ghanaian pays dollars to study in Nigeria, it's the other way around.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Akpacha(m): 10:21pm On Sep 05, 2019
Seriously I thought the school fees is over a million.
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Niceessien(m): 10:27pm On Sep 05, 2019
The South Africans should pay double of that............
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Tootruthful: 10:29pm On Sep 05, 2019
Wow
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by phlame(m): 10:29pm On Sep 05, 2019
I Like this...
Very good...
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by naijacentric(m): 10:30pm On Sep 05, 2019
AgonyOfHell:

is ur soul dat broken why the word useless countries ur inferiority complex is on flick
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by nkem1992: 10:33pm On Sep 05, 2019
blaqroy:
What am seen here is in thousands, someone should put me through plz
Check the unit
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by DozieInc(m): 10:33pm On Sep 05, 2019
boiz2men:
This may just be my prejudice against private uni students/Grads.

I perceive them as "Those who couldnt pass jamb".

So paying in millions for education that most get for less is athe rich man's kid's way of not failing JAMB.

For the rest of us who pass JAMB, we pay less for the same education.

Please no one should mention they have better facilities. What good is it when they are not not different from the public guys in practical.
The only private I recommend is Babcock. The others are hogwash. Complete waste of money.
University like Covenant is way better than any public uni

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by yemex04(m): 10:33pm On Sep 05, 2019
[quote author=AgonyOfHell post=81959410]I wonder the kind of people coming to Nigeria to school,

They must be from useless countries like Ghana, Benin Rep, Chad, Niger Rep, Mali, South Sudan etc[/quote

Bros, that institution is one of the best u can find around..the infrastructures are world class..that explains why folks would see CU as a viable alternative to studying abroad...Trust me, I studied as a post graduate student in that school, I can tell it's world class!!!

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Kingkun69(m): 10:35pm On Sep 05, 2019
boiz2men:

So paying in millions for edRucation that most get for less is athe rich man's kid's way of not failing JAMB.

Please no one should mention they have better facilities. What good is it when they are not not different from the public guys in practical.

The only private I recommend is Babcock. The others are hogwash. Complete waste of money.
convenant is not a waste the connection you see there (if you use am well)are no1 in the country
Babcock is OK
Afe babalola too is ok
Public unis are totally run down and packed with little funds and plenty ways to frustrate ppl with jobs not sure at the end of 4 stressful yrs

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by McBenedict(f): 10:36pm On Sep 05, 2019
Which kind knowledge I go acquire wich I can't get double of it in most higher institutions like UNN, futo, imt, esut etc
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by DrayZee: 10:37pm On Sep 05, 2019
boiz2men:

So paying in millions for education that most get for less is athe rich man's kid's way of not failing JAMB.

Well, I can tell you that Computer science and basically all Engineering in Covenant is far far better than that of most public schools in Nigeria. I won't speak on public universities...everyone knows they've mostly all fallen.

You'd only have a point if you studied all them art courses...like English or something.

And since you see private uni students as those who couldn't pass Jamb, let me inform you that the guy with the highest score in Jamb 2018 is currently in Covenant...going to 200 level. And there are many more like him. So, you can see that your assertion is baseless.

And why do you recommend Babcock. People with your opinion (that private uni students couldn't pass Jamb) usually detest private universities in general. So why Babcock over Covenant (even though I'm sure you know Covenant is perceived to be a great distance (academically) ahead of Babcock).

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by yemex04(m): 10:44pm On Sep 05, 2019
boiz2men:

Sorry for this question, What was ur course of study in the university? Which university did u attend?

For the record, from available statistics and rankings, CU is far better than other privately owned universities in Nigeria.It remains the only private university that competes favourably with the likes of UI, OAU, UNILAG and some first generation universities..
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by KingAzubuike(f): 10:55pm On Sep 05, 2019
AgonyOfHell:

grin grin... Lol naija school sef dey claim levels be that.
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by ConvictusObi(m): 10:55pm On Sep 05, 2019
Cheaper to study abroad than in convenant university
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by HBB1(m): 11:00pm On Sep 05, 2019
yemex04:

Sorry for this question, What was ur course of study in the university? Which university did u attend?

For the record, from available statistics and rankings, CU is far better than other privately owned universities in Nigeria.It remains the only private university that competes favourably with the likes of UI, OAU, UNILAG and some first generation universities..

Don't mind the naysayer-- I felt bile rise in my tummy while reading his comment!

I attended a federal university, one of the 'supposed' best in the country, but I won't advice anybody to attend one, except your course of study is in the health sciences.

I spoke poorly of Private Universities myself, but Covenant University is heads and shoulders above the rest-- their graduates are a delight for HR executives.

Why would I subject a young student to the uncertainties of year of graduation and sadistic lecturers?

CU has been maligned and derided, but things keep getting better for them.

Last last...if you no get money hide your face!

5 Likes

Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 05, 2019
Dollar in thousands

blaqroy:
What am seen here is in thousands, someone should put me through plz
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Rajiokazaki(m): 11:10pm On Sep 05, 2019
Lamasta:
If You want quality education you gat to pay for it.

Covenant University the Harvard and Cambridge of our time
........ am thinking you don't know what Cambridge and Harvard represent..
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Ijawwomaninoyo: 11:19pm On Sep 05, 2019
grandiose4ever:

Nigerians and other countries pay in Dollars in most Universities outside the country.
That's what most countries do to foreigners.
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by Lamasta(m): 11:26pm On Sep 05, 2019
Rajiokazaki:
........ am thinking you don't know what Cambridge and Harvard represent..

Enlighten me
Re: Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students by winnah(f): 11:32pm On Sep 05, 2019
It happen every where nationals don't and can't pay same with foreign students... That's the standard....

grandiose4ever:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

24-Year-Old Damilola Arowolaju Bags PhD In Law In USA University / Ikelebe Junior Secondary School Floors Others In Edo North To Win ASCI Inter Sch / Parents Rush To Pick Students As Gunmen Kidnap Vice Principal, 4 Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.