Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,713 members, 7,851,433 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:14 PM

Death Row: "Execution Or Life Sentence", Which should Nigeria Adopt " - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Death Row: "Execution Or Life Sentence", Which should Nigeria Adopt " (9299 Views)

NNPP Protests Against Governor Ganduje's Pardon Of 12 Death Row Inmates / Appeal Court Upholds Life Sentence Of Two Nigerians Jailed For Drugs In Cambodia / Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Death Row: "Execution Or Life Sentence", Which should Nigeria Adopt " by Auxtin85(m): 7:08am On Sep 06, 2019
OP do you plan to become a criminal? If yes I’ll say execution
Re: Death Row: "Execution Or Life Sentence", Which should Nigeria Adopt " by Blue3k(m): 7:10am On Sep 06, 2019
He said, “As of Monday, September 2, the service had 2,742 inmates on death row. We are compiling their list and I am sure a good number of them have exhausted their appeal and are waiting for the approving authority to either approve their execution or commute them to life sentence.

I think they should just take governors out of these processes. They just add an extra layer of bureaucratic red tape. Why not just have prison commission handle it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Death Row: "Execution Or Life Sentence", Which should Nigeria Adopt " by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 7:10am On Sep 06, 2019
Execution would do. sad
Re: Death Row: "Execution Or Life Sentence", Which should Nigeria Adopt " by DevilhimseIf: 7:11am On Sep 06, 2019
[s]
Printerscanner:
Execution for drug traffickers, kidnappers, fake drug manufacturers, human traffickers, child rapists, armed robbers, precipitated murderers and TREASURY LOOTERS.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Death Row: "Execution Or Life Sentence", Which should Nigeria Adopt " by AdonaiAluminium: 7:12am On Sep 06, 2019
Life sentence

Contact us for all your roofing jobs and roof maintenance services
Re: Death Row: "Execution Or Life Sentence", Which should Nigeria Adopt " by PotatoSalad(m): 7:12am On Sep 06, 2019
Just use them for hunger games jare. Better than BBN
Re: Death Row: "Execution Or Life Sentence", Which should Nigeria Adopt " by iJhoe(m): 7:15am On Sep 06, 2019
Life sentence or execution?

What's the difference between six and half of a dozen.
Re: Death Row: "Execution Or Life Sentence", Which should Nigeria Adopt " by nony43(m): 7:16am On Sep 06, 2019
[quote author=Biafraodexposed post=81965593]For criminal people like IPOB and Shiite against our Nigerian government I'll advice the government to adopt the both.

But death is the best because life sentence they are occupying space for the new inm

Which one should we adopt for your brothers, Herdsmen and Boko Haram?
Re: Death Row: "Execution Or Life Sentence", Which should Nigeria Adopt " by Ipodisacriminal: 7:16am On Sep 06, 2019
Biafraodexposed:
For criminal people like IPOB and Shiite against our Nigerian government I'll advice the government to adopt the both.

But death is the best because life sentence they are occupying space for the new inmates

Sai Baba
One Nigeria

It's the best for them

They commit crime more than any other people
Re: Death Row: "Execution Or Life Sentence", Which should Nigeria Adopt " by don4real18(m): 7:16am On Sep 06, 2019
In a country where people are wrongly arrested angry
Re: Death Row: "Execution Or Life Sentence", Which should Nigeria Adopt " by Cousin9999: 7:17am On Sep 06, 2019
The major problem with execution is innocence.

Innocence is a major issue with crimes you would want to punish with execution. Law enforcement feels more pressure to arrest with certain crimes, and that creates the climate for conviction of the innocent; furthermore, execution sentencing provides a tool for various criminals and corrupt entities.

I do believe the punishment should exist, but within a deeply flawed justice system ruled by everything but the truth...we need to be careful.

I think we also need to focus more on directly addressing social, economic, and political problems that contribute majorly to crime. I don't think the average gang member or drug dealer killing another gang member or drug dealer dreamed of living that life and committing those crimes as a kid. I think poverty, hopelessness, and lack of education steer them down that road. Really, many of them are using a gun as a substitute for education.
Re: Death Row: "Execution Or Life Sentence", Which should Nigeria Adopt " by Sheriman(m): 7:17am On Sep 06, 2019
Let the Punishment for Corruption be both
Re: Death Row: "Execution Or Life Sentence", Which should Nigeria Adopt " by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:18am On Sep 06, 2019
A bullet to the back of the head, no questions asked!!!!

Let the jails be for people who can repent but if they are rapist, murdering money ritualistic, terrorist, kidnappers, pedos, polithieves, murdering armed robbers etc then Why waste money to feed these bastards. Let's get rid of them right away.....

1 Like

Re: Death Row: "Execution Or Life Sentence", Which should Nigeria Adopt " by Princeton92(m): 7:20am On Sep 06, 2019
I'd say BOTH
Re: Death Row: "Execution Or Life Sentence", Which should Nigeria Adopt " by Freeko4: 7:20am On Sep 06, 2019
Biafraodexposed:
For criminal people like IPOB and Shiite against our Nigerian government I'll advice the government to adopt the both.

But death is the best because life sentence they are occupying space for the new inmates

Sai Baba
One Nigeria

If dis jail sentence re for dis offenders u mention above

What jail time should; the politicians, herdmens, kidnappers, armed robbers be given?
Re: Death Row: "Execution Or Life Sentence", Which should Nigeria Adopt " by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 06, 2019
There is one fact, Life is given, no one came here on his own will or decision...and that has been the natural cycle

But becos humans have naturally formed the habit of classifying wrong doing based on level of tolerance or damage to victim or relatives of victim, we attach commensurate punishment to such wrong doing as we see fit...with the bid to give closure or balance some scale.... but let’s be honest, no death sentence gives consolation...only time can heal...

So I feel because the above fact hasn’t changed, no human should have the right to say the life of another human should end because he or she went to law school, became a judge, under law or otherwise.....law isn’t some natural thing, its man made that’s why few years ago abroad, it was crime to put dic into another man’s yanshh, but as tolerance level started to increase and people desired the disgusting act...humans still came togeda and tipped the scales to make the act a norm...and even gave the right to marriage using the same law..

So no matter the offence committed, I feel that the worst should be life-incarceration with no option of parole that’s my opinion though. Cos we could wake up someday, evidences may have emerged, new findings in research may have come up..what is called serial killing today may tomorrow be classified as mental illness.

Only karma knows how it serves dishes, and it never mistake an address..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Death Row: "Execution Or Life Sentence", Which should Nigeria Adopt " by marylandcakes: 7:21am On Sep 06, 2019
Nigeria is not developed enough for this because the corruption in government establishments is extremely high. Too many innocent people are in jail, while those suppose to be in jail are going about freely just because they can pay for their freedom.

1 Like

Re: Death Row: "Execution Or Life Sentence", Which should Nigeria Adopt " by DonX001: 7:21am On Sep 06, 2019
Printerscanner:
Execution for drug traffickers, kidnappers, fake drug manufacturers, human traffickers, child rapists, armed robbers, precipitated murderers and TREASURY LOOTERS.
Gbam!!!
You've said it all.
You only forgot to add-
Corrupt politicians in any form whatsoever,
Ritualists
Yahoo boys and fraudsters.

If they can do this like China, Nigeria will start getting better.
Re: Death Row: "Execution Or Life Sentence", Which should Nigeria Adopt " by AuroraB(f): 7:29am On Sep 06, 2019
visijo:
Do we still have ladies that says. Baby if you don't tell me how you got this money, I will not take it from you??���
Your siggy though cheesy
Re: Death Row: "Execution Or Life Sentence", Which should Nigeria Adopt " by livebyday(m): 7:33am On Sep 06, 2019
Biafraodexposed:

Sai Baba
One Nigeria

Inciting comment, off topic and derailing thread

Mynd44 Seun lalasticlala OAM4J
Re: Death Row: "Execution Or Life Sentence", Which should Nigeria Adopt " by OgundeleT(m): 7:37am On Sep 06, 2019
nobody should have the right to kill, including the authority. aside, killing isn't a punishment because the one you kill no longer know what he/she has done. Life imprisonment is better
Re: Death Row: "Execution Or Life Sentence", Which should Nigeria Adopt " by Nickshrapnel: 7:40am On Sep 06, 2019
I see people writing that people who commit manslaughter should be given a life sentence, why? For something I didn't intend to do, I should suffer that much.
Anyways, Certified Murderes, Unrepentance terrorist, super hardened armed robbers, ritualists should be killed and their bodies used as cadavers, their organs donated to people who needs them.

1 Like

Re: Death Row: "Execution Or Life Sentence", Which should Nigeria Adopt " by Nickshrapnel: 7:42am On Sep 06, 2019
OgundeleT:
nobody should have the right to kill, including the authority. aside, killing isn't a punishment because the one you kill no longer know what he/she has done. Life imprisonment is better
Some people actually deserve to die, besides, life sentences is expensive
Re: Death Row: "Execution Or Life Sentence", Which should Nigeria Adopt " by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:44am On Sep 06, 2019
Nwaohafia1:
Armed robbers, Kidnappers, Rapists, Murder = Execution

Manslaughter and other crimes = Life Sentence
You are right this time.
Seconded!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Death Row: "Execution Or Life Sentence", Which should Nigeria Adopt " by In4matic: 7:45am On Sep 06, 2019
Death by execution is the only thing Africa needs to end this trend of backwardness

Also include corrupt practices to the list of capital offences.

A quick surgical death.

Then harvest all internal organs to a bank for donation to those in need.
That'll be the criminal's way of compensation for his crimes against the state.

It'll provide a better reason and for the state to be feeding them for free. With this option, the state will have very good reason to feed them better. More like fattening rooms, VIP treatment before final execution to ensure the organs will be healthy and viable.
Re: Death Row: "Execution Or Life Sentence", Which should Nigeria Adopt " by Clinghton: 7:46am On Sep 06, 2019
Execution, the nigerian prison is congested
Re: Death Row: "Execution Or Life Sentence", Which should Nigeria Adopt " by awoluyi(m): 7:46am On Sep 06, 2019
No governor, i repeat no givernor in Nigeria can in good conscience sign a death penalty. Why? They know what it takes to become a governor. Life sentence should be the preferred option.
Re: Death Row: "Execution Or Life Sentence", Which should Nigeria Adopt " by Princeofasia: 7:48am On Sep 06, 2019
the ony reason to kill another human is when the person kills.
there is no justifiable reason to killl someone for any other crime other than murder
Re: Death Row: "Execution Or Life Sentence", Which should Nigeria Adopt " by naijadrivablog: 8:02am On Sep 06, 2019
For corrupt politicians or the masses
Re: Death Row: "Execution Or Life Sentence", Which should Nigeria Adopt " by SEGLIZ: 8:02am On Sep 06, 2019
both options exist in the law readily thought being implemented based on judges discretion to disseminate judgment and offence committed.
what are we up to here is this a way of our public office holders wanting to prepare their own grave to look beautiful even before their death. for they know some days they would sure face the wroth and judgment of Nigerians.
Re: Death Row: "Execution Or Life Sentence", Which should Nigeria Adopt " by In4matic: 8:03am On Sep 06, 2019
Darkseid:
For me, I don't see death as a punishment. When you kill someone it's the family that suffers it, a dead man has no feelings. A lifetime punishment is always the best, that way the person gets to suffer till death comes.

Actually, death is the only thing the African Negro is scared of.

That's why he'll rather enter a slave ship than be slaughtered.
That's why he'll rather endure bad leadership than be gunned down by anti-riot Police and Soldiers
That's why he'll obediently lie down while his wife is raped by a dirty rascal.

I say again. Death will and has always been the African society's punishment for wrongful acts and it kept the society safe and sane until oyibo cams with laws that make the criminal a victim to be protected and pampered

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bashir Mohammed, Taraba Lawmaker Abducted By Unknown Gunmen / Tinubu's Aid Padded And Shielded Him As He Can't Stand Alone On The Podium - Pic / LP Bot Takes Charge, NWC Keeps Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.